Unleash Your Inner Colorist With Three New Marvel Adult Coloring Books This Fall!

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

You’ve read the comics. You’ve experienced these iconic and groundbreaking stories. Now it’s time to experience the Marvel Universe like you never have before – as a coloring book! Today, Marvel is pleased to announce a new line of adult coloring books featuring some of Marvel’s most iconic characters, stories and artwork to delight fans the world over! Yes, you heard right True Believer – the Marvel Universe has action, excitement and adventure. Now all it needs is YOU!

“Around the world there are several other coloring books for adults hitting the bestseller lists and with Marvel being the premier graphic storytelling medium, now is the perfect time for us to join this latest book market trend,” says David Gabriel, SVP Sales and Marketing, Marvel. “With Marvel’s Adult Coloring books, fans can add their own personal style to classic Marvel stories. This truly is a way for fans of all ages to be a part of the creative process and bring their personal artistic style to these epic Marvel events."

First, the Avengers face their darkest hour as the metallic menace Ultron stands over a ravaged Earth in the AGE OF ULTRON COLORING BOOK. Only a few of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes are left standing. And it’s up to you to put the color back into their last ditch effort to save mankind! Featuring the line art of Bryan Hitch, Brandon Peterson, Carlos Pacheco and more, this is your chance to color inside the lines, or outside the lines, of this blockbuster Marvel event!

Then, the Eisner award-winning, fan-favorite artwork of Skottie Young comes to life in the LITTLE MARVEL BY SKOTTIE YOUNG COLORING BOOK! Featuring dozens of Young’s beloved covers and irresistible interior pages, this is one you won’t want to miss!

Finally, ask yourself – whose side are you on? More importantly, do you want to make them red, blue, green or yellow? Go inside one of the biggest Marvel events of all time with the CIVIL WAR COLORING BOOK! Captain America and Iron Man stand divided, along with the entire superhuman community. And it’s up to you to put the hue back in these huge Super Hero battles!

So dig out those crayons, markers and colored pencils and prepare to return the color to the Marvel Universe, True Believer. But don’t forget your imagination – you’re going to need it! Channel your creative energies, unwind after a hard day’s work, or just relive your childhood memories! Look for the AGE OF ULTRON COLORING book in October with the CIVIL WAR COLORING BOOK and LITTLE MARVEL BY SKOTTIE YOUNG COLORING BOOK to follow later in 2016!

AGE OF ULTRON COLORING BOOK

No Caption Provided

72 Pages….$7.99

On Sale in October!

LITTLE MARVEL BY SKOTTIE YOUNG COLORING BOOK

No Caption Provided

On Sale February 2016!

CIVIL WAR COLORING BOOK

On Sale April 2016!

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

"Adult coloring books"

Yeah, okay, Marvel. Whatever you say.

Ladyonora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SO EXCITED!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

"Adult coloring books"

No Caption Provided

DarthDanMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Skottie Young book seems interesting... I really like a lot of his covers.

AndyPhifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AWESOME. Adult Coloring Books are totally a real thing. They're more complicated and intricate than kid's color books. You'd need to use a giant box of colored pencils to do them. I've been to a "drunk coloring" event where we all had free beer and wine and colored portraits of famous authors (some of the pictures had male and female nudity). If that's not adult, I don't know what is.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I own the NEXTwave coloring book issue.......

jonnyh101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

Adult Colouring books....."Adult" Colouring books.....why is this a thing...

for kids it's fine but adults....really???

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel misled when it said "adult"

I wanted boobies and nekkid ladies.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

I lvoe colroing books

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im not really sure who this is for, but these are basically just black and white variants right? Imma get my big boy crayons for this.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait to make Johnny Storm black huehuehuehuehuehue

Avatar image for callthisrational
callthisrational

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm into it

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

@fuzzylittlerodent: That's some comedy gold you got there buddy especially with that Rob Liefield face! LMFAO

It's funny how the Little Marvel is in the listed for "adult coloring books". I wonder what conversations with store owners will have with that? "Awww, buying that for your son or daughter I hope?, No I'm buying that for me!" and he gives you the weird look. Lol

Adamx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll most likely get the Little Marvel one.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to see the inside. Are they like the NextWave coloring book?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By donmeca2020

While i think it's kinda cool, i also get that strange vibe if a adult buys one they will not get a break from the insults coming from their family members and significant others...

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maddpanda531: Not their idea!! It's really a thing right now!!!

I'd love some classic like AoA, Infinity Gauntlet, and some X-Babies

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

This is a super cute idea. I can't get over the irony that comic book fans (fans of a traditionally children's medium), are hating on this as being too kiddy.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#21  Edited By Mercy_

Clearly targeted to me, because that Little Marvel one is getting bought as soon as it's available

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By YoungJustice

Okay Marvel, do you.

Shadowstare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great Idea.

MMPReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nappystr8: Same. I don't see what's wrong with coloring. It's art, however you look at it.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Awesome.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Ima just turn every character into Might Guy

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So...coloring for fun, you're a kid, do it as a career for Marvel and it's okay, but color for fun as an adult and....oh wait, stop the presses!

Dude, it's just a coloring book, everyone relax. We all read comics, so let's not take things too seriously. I want The Civil War one.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

While i think it's kinda cool, i also get that strange vibe if a adult buys one they will not get a break from the insults coming from their family members and significant others...

eliottsworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By eliottsworld

On the topic of "Adult Coloring Books" I recently saw an article somewhere that a Game of Thrones coloring book was announced. Now that is definitely going to be for adults. So I guess adult coloring books are a thing.

SuperAdam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Think of all the alternate costumes you can create!!!

You could even color it like the Amalgam universe with Super Soldier, Iron Lantern, etc.

You could have Spider-Man wear a Spider-Gwen variant costume. Or a Miles Morales costume. So many possibilities!!!

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: i already have my my old man joking how i read Graphic novels and collect dolls.... i could only imagine what he would say if i had a coloring book.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: i already have my my old man joking how i read Graphic novels and collect dolls.... i could only imagine what he would say if i had a coloring book.

Lol, don´t listen to him man, I am surely going to be bothered as well and I am going to buy it nonetheless.

ia0delond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ia0delond

anyone knows the paper quality of their coloring book ?

Is it possible to use watercolor painting on thoses and still being able to do the coloring on the other side ?

ia0delond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@idontlikebirds: dude this a comic book message board. One of the most non ironic places on the internet.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donmeca2020 said:

Lol, don´t listen to him man, I am surely going to be bothered as well and I am going to buy it nonetheless.

its all in the hobby. comics all over one of my rooms at my house and a shelf full of marvel selects, marvel legends, and DC collectibles etc.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:
@donmeca2020 said:

its all in the hobby. comics all over one of my rooms at my house and a shelf full of marvel selects, marvel legends, and DC collectibles etc.

I get it bro, I love comics as well, and I hate the stereotype that they are meant for kids.

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last I checked, coloring books didn't have age limits.

But I'll be damned if I'm going to color hyper-detailed Bryan Hitch artwork.

WonderBoy1132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SAY WHAT?! Where do I buy these?

GoblinAlGhoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feeling quite...

Conflicted!

Muahahahajajajaja

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adult Coloring Books?! Buahahahahaha!! Listen, I know we've been trying for years to explain to folks comics aren't just for kids, but... this is ridiculous.

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Stellar421

This is a super cute idea. I can't get over the irony that comic book fans (fans of a traditionally children's medium), are hating on this as being too kiddy.

What do you mean traditionally? Comics haven't been (just) for kids for decades. Most of the stuff is even too mature for kids.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

There was a time when I may have thought this was wierd but we live in a world where Bronies, furries and furry Bronies exist so really the bar for wierd is just too damn high now days for adult coloring books to even register.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

#46  Edited By nappystr8

@stellar421 said:
@nappystr8 said:

What do you mean traditionally? Comics haven't been (just) for kids for decades. Most of the stuff is even too mature for kids.

Comics were never just for kids, but for most of their existence, they have been primarily targeted at kids. They are still widely considered to be a child's medium by the mainstream, regardless of the fact that we know better. Almost all of this could be said about coloring books as well. Hence the irony that some comic fans accept one as worthy of adults, but not the other.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

coloring time