Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thor is one of the most inconsistent characters, and I've always thought he was kind of stupid (as in, not intelligent).

He is the kind of character who regularly gives the idea that he doesn't remember most of his powers.

That being said, he has some of the coolest character arcs of any given decade. I would say Thor has really high highs and really low lows. So I'll give him a 6.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Mrsportsguy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

9, he's my favorite Marvel superhero. I'm a sucker for fantasy and adventure stories and Thor just seems like one of the characters for me. He's powerful, has a cool design, very brave, will always try to do the right thing even when it seems he's not doing well, and unlike most people I actually like his Shakespearean language. He has a few low ends but when written properly he's one of the best.

I've also noticed alot of Thor's adventures revolve around him trying to fix his mistakes or gaining wisdom from Odin or someone else when he find himself stuck. That's interesting to me. Thor despite being a god among men has his flaws and he learns to accept it, and embrace it.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despite the fact that I read a lot of Thor and generally like his stores... he's not my favorite hero. Especially during classic times he's extremely one-note and uninteresting to me. Like, I can't stand the overly Shakespearen stuff from classic times(However I really like it in moderation/when it's self-aware). Thor within the last 20 years or so though has been a really good and consistent character who I think shows really interesting characteristics, especially when he's forced to become king. So I'll split this up into 2 sections

Classic Thor: 5

Modern Thor: 8

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Thor-Parker

He is amazing and very few characters have the mythos and worldbuilding quality that he has. Given his nature, you can do all type of stories with him, be it sci-fi, fantasy, cosmic, earth-based, etc...He works perfectly in all those genres and never feels out of place. He is very unique thanks to his worthiness, whereas all heroes have similar defined characteristics, Thor has to go further to be worthy of Mjolnir, it is a constant fight that he can never give up, and despite being a literal god, he has humility and is very noble.

Another interesting aspect is the circumstances of his creation in-universe, he was specifically conceived by Odin with Gaea so he'd be more powerful than any other asgardian, Odin sees in Thor the ultimate ruler, Asgard's and the universe's salvation, which is the very reason he is always pushing Thor to his limits, pushing him to be the very best he can be. This constant pressure makes Thor (even unknowingly) seek validation and approval from his father, a validation that not always comes, but one that is always there as we have seen from time to time, where Odin lets out just how proud he is of his son.

9.5/10

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perfawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2 He's a degenerate.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 takenstew22  Moderator
Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By IndomitableRegal

@floopay said:

Thor is one of the most inconsistent characters, and I've always thought he was kind of stupid (as in, not intelligent).

He is the kind of character who regularly gives the idea that he doesn't remember most of his powers.

That being said, he has some of the coolest character arcs of any given decade. I would say Thor has really high highs and really low lows. So I'll give him a 6.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

This. Without Floopay's signature.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The high concept Sci-Fi mixed with the Mythology and Epic Scale makes Thor one of the coolest, most unique and wildest characters in all of comics.

His nobility, his courage, his heart, his humanity are all exemplary and make him one of Marvel’s most endearing characters. He’s inspirational, he’s aspirational and he’s just a straight dude. He’s the kind of God you wish was real and hope is real.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The best Avenger

Better than the Avengers

That dude!

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

What Marvel has done with him over these last 50 plus years phenomenal. I cant think of another character who came from actual mythology that was melded so well into a Super hero centered universe along with his lore but of course a different take.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Solid 8. One of my favorites

Clean_Uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too inconsistent for me. 6 or 7 at best.

ChaosHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favourite character, I'm going to give him a 9

Flashkings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm giving him a 5, he's average

TurtleTortoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

10/10

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef9c7d93643a
deactivated-5ef9c7d93643a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm giving him a 7, his rogue gallery is terrible.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

definitely one of the most engrossing characters Marvel has to offer

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@authentical said:

I'm giving him a 7, his rogue gallery is terrible.

Loki, Gorr, Kurse, Destroyer, Ymir, Surtur, Absorbing Man, Enchantress/Executioner and Ulik are all "terrible"? I'd disagree with that. Namor has a terrible rogues gallery. Thor really doesn't considering the many bangers he got out.

Yeah sure rag on the no name Elf fodder or Malekith, but the majority of his villains are pretty solid.

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It might come as a surprise to some that have interacted with me but i don´t rate Thor all that high. He is my favorite marvel character?Yes maybe but i´m not satisfied with how he is written

First lack of consistency. He straight up seems like a different dude in his classical to modern days. He talks to much or is an almost silent badass? How much of a prick he was earlier in his life? what´s his backstory fr tho? he has bein said to have a little more than 1k years, 10k, older than humanity or less than a million. Writers seem to disresgard other things on all the time.

Then the worldbuilding, while great don´t get me wrong, still makes me feel as..there was a certain part missing. His rougues while good could be some of the more dynamic in the comics as he has at least 10 realms at his disposal but they straight up don´t use that. He could be fighting characters as different as elves made of smoke, dwarves in massive uru powerarmor, more elves with great magic, consistently fighting a serpent as big as a moon not to say of how much his giant enemies could make interesting fights if they were given interesting design, motivation a power levels

In fact his rougues could reflect on himself just so as to further his characterization and provide interesting stories. Batman has this in many of his foes and Thor has loki and barely more.

He was also very static for quite some time it changed but it seems it´s getting back this way...again

He has an interesting concept and has provided interesting stories but he seems to need a clear direction to go

Avatar image for deactivated-6021b09dd509c
deactivated-6021b09dd509c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

10/10 for being different than most "Superheroes".

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is "fantasy hero based on mythology" different from most heroic figures? DC did Thor decades before Marvel picked him up.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Kevd4wg

@professorrespect: Malekith isn't even that bad.

Honestly, thinking about it, I'd give Thor a higher rating than I did earlier than I did in this thread, he's a solid 9 now. And if we're talking about mythos/book like a lot of people are , classic goes up to an 8 and modern is 9.5

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_devil said:

How is "fantasy hero based on mythology" different from most heroic figures? DC did Thor decades before Marvel picked him up.

Didn't Thor show up in the 40s in Marvel? I might be wrong but I thought he did

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:
@professorrespect said:
@the_red_devil said:

Didn't Thor show up in the 40s in Marvel? I might be wrong but I thought he did

Thor first appeared in 1962 during Marvel's Sliver Age. The 1940's was Marvel's Golden Age with guys like Black Widow, Captain America, Witness, the Vision, etc.

DC had Thor way back in the Fawcett era in 1944, A Sandman I villain in 1942, and a imposter Thor in Batman during the 50's. DC had the character in comics way, way before Marvel.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: I thought he showed up and fought the Invaders from the 40s(yeah I know there's the 70s instance), but I guess not. Either way, DC Thor hardly resembles 616 Thor

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

@professorrespect: I thought he showed up and fought the Invaders from the 40s(yeah I know there's the 70s instance), but I guess not. Either way, DC Thor hardly resembles 616 Thor

Not the point. I was simply showcasing that mythological characters being used was not a unique concept to Marvel only. DC had their hands on it for a good while.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It might come as a surprise to some that have interacted with me but i don´t rate Thor all that high. He is my favorite marvel character?Yes maybe but i´m not satisfied with how he is written

I read your whole post, but I really appreciate you being unbiased in your rating. Thank you so much.

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

8-9 as a character... mainly due to morals and heroism

SpongeGar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

7/10 for me despite his inconsistencies

Bonecrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

8 cos of modern Comics ,classic thor is 10 for me.