Ultimate vs. 616

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By WARLOCK2792

What are your biggest complaints/positives for the 2 versions of your favorite characters? 

Ultimate Storm- I like her outfit.  She's got a strong hint of "bitch" in her attitude though, and that adds to her appeal.  She's very street-based, and she's a lot more human.  Her powers have grown a bit more.  However, I absolutely hate the way she gets done sometimes..................how the hell did she get attacked by Snowbird?!

616 Storm- She always has some sort of crazy outfit that I can look forward to.  Her powers are growing and growing, and their seems to be virtually nothing she can't do with them (even when it doesn't make all the sense in the world, it's still awesome).  She is now above the X-Men and is a Queen, and even has a higher rank of importance in the Marvel Universe in general.  However, I absolutely hate that her eyes are sometimes drawn white for no damn reason, and that they are even drawn to be brown in some comics.  I also dislike her not being in Africa more, and always going back and forth in the X-Men, where it would make a lot more sense to have her in her homeland.  My biggest complaints are that artists forget her slitted pupils, and that she hasn't done anything with her mystic potential. 

I'll wait a bit before I say anything about Emma Frost.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By pixelized

Lol i liked storm's hair in the ultimate u.

but um, i didn't like ultimate Frost, her edge was gone.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Martian

Ultimate Spider-Man - I would like to see a few more villains. He has some really good twist on classic ones, but a lot of the same ones keep reappearing. I love how his relationship to Mary Jane seemed  10x more realistic than his 616 counterpart.

616 Spider-Man - His relationship with Mary Jane bugged me. She never seemed right for him, guess I should thank BND. His powers in the Ultimate Universe seem a little more "possible" but I'll leave blame to that on the 60's.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By WARLOCK2792
pixelized said:
Lol i liked storm's hair in the ultimate u.but um, i didn't like ultimate Frost, her edge was gone. [more]
So do I.  I used to hate her, but she's grown on me.  She sometimes has a Rihanna-ish build.

ULTIMATE EMMA FROST SUCKS!!  They took away EVERYTHING that made her even remotely interesting.  Her diamond form doesn't even look good.  She's always wearing a damn suit, and what is with that stupid bun she is always wearing?  And why do they like for her to point so damn much?
sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By sora_thekey

Ultimate Scarlet Witch- When Mark Miller wrote the Ultimates she seemed to be written in the right direction.... you know falling for an Ultimate Vision and also in Ultimate X-men where she was falling for Cyclops (that proving to be an intreasting future coupling)... But then Ultimates 3 came and well she started making out with her brother.... The costume she wore for the Ultimates was cool!!!!!

616 Scarlet Witch- I've always like that she seems to be a little crazy but also wise (rember the talk she had with Clint and Beast?).... Ruining the Universe was also good but the fact that she is easily manipulated by her father, her brother and sometimes even other teamates...... Her costumes well are too Gypsy for me but they are passable!!!

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WARLOCK2792
sora_thekey said:
Ultimate Scarlet Witch- When Mark Miller wrote the Ultimates she seemed to be written in the right direction.... you know ... [more]
LOL In her defense, she is Roma.
girth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By girth

616 Beast - He is the brains of the team and is sometimes a good leader/teacher. I hate his cat mutation and the fact that he doesn't see much action as much as he used to.

Ultimate Beast - He sees a lot of action, Although he does not have the smarts and does seem more expendable at times.
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pixelized
White Mage said:
pixelized said: Lol i liked storm's hair in the ultimate u.but um, i didn't like ultimate Frost, her edge was ... [more]
Storm had a build like miss Fenty?

As far as i'm concerned Emma Frost never appeared in the Ultimate U. That woman that was parading around with the same name was mere coincidence. 
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vrakmul

616: Has the red hulk.  Instant loss of all reputation.

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By CellphoneGirl

616 Kitty is not around...

and the ultimate universe she's still around, and she dated spiderman. :]

Avatar image for cyber_chimichanga
Cyber Chimichanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Venom (Eddie Brock)
616 - Lost symbiote to Mac-freakin'-Gargan. Becomes Jesus-freak Anti-Venom. Faaaaiiiiil.

Ultimate - An experimental suit made by Peter and Eddie's pops. More monster than spider. It doesn't necessarily have the epic "flair" the mainstream Venom does, but at least Scorpion didn't replace him.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By sora_thekey
Girth said:
616 Beast - He is the brains of the team and is sometimes a good leader/teacher. I hate his cat ... [more]

Plus Ultimate Beast dies a lot!
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WARLOCK2792
pixelized said:
White Mage said: pixelized said: Lol i liked storm's hair in the ultimate u.but um, i didn't like ultimate Frost, ... [more]
I thought

LMAO  Like Sinister being nothing like his 616 self.
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pixelized

i didn't mind Nathaniel being all wimpy and deranged.