Twitter Question of the Week RESULTS: Who's the Most Successful Villain?

• 43 results
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Welcome back to the Twitter Question of the week! Every Tuesday, we ask our followers on Twitter a question about comic books and take your answers and put them into this nice little package. This week, we decided to figure out what you guys thought about certain super-villains, so we asked, "Who is the most successful super-villain, in comics, and why?" Here are a few of your answers.

Ruben starts us off with a controversial story line

No Caption Provided

Sola thinks it's Marvel's most egotistical villain

No Caption Provided

Eric knows there's a reason WATCHMEN is so dang amazing

No Caption Provided

Patrick knows one villain that hurt a whole family of heroes

No Caption Provided

Ryan's a 4th World Kind of Guy

No Caption Provided

Mateusz goes with an unconventional villain

No Caption Provided

Luis goes with old crazy Normy

No Caption Provided

Matthew likes his bad guys bald and intelligent

No Caption Provided

Finally, Sam totally is one of those guys

No Caption Provided

Here's what our staff had to say...

Wealth and power equal success to Tony

No Caption Provided

Gregg answered the question poorly

No Caption Provided

Finally, I just have a thing for Bullseye

No Caption Provided

There you have another week of answers about comic books. If you want to get in on the fun, make sure to follow us on Twitter where we post the question a few times on Tuesdays, and make sure to use #CVTQ when replying! We shortened it up a bit for you guys for future questions.

NEXT WEEK, we will be asking the #CVTQ on MONDAY afternoon. See you all next week!

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LCazT1996

No Caption Provided

^This.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
Overlander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

The lack of Ozymandias disappoints me. He completed his master plan before he even revealed it. He outmaneuvered the most powerful heroes and forced them into retirement.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

The lack of Ozymandias disappoints me. He completed his master plan before he even revealed it. He outmaneuvered the most powerful heroes and forced them into retirement.

But.. Ozy is right there.

samyroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Doom what else to say.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Ozymandias BY FAR!!!

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Ozymandias killed millions of people and convinced the world that their were squid-alien suicide bombers attacking the Earth, all to prevent World War 3, probably saving billions of lives. He never got caught and continued to be incredibly rich in his alter-ego, so...

Or Lex Luthor, because whenever one of his plans f*cks up, he still has billions of dollars.

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

@inferiorego: Damn I'm bummed. :-( I don't think you saw mine, but if you did, it's a shame being that you love Ultimate universe and all, I thought you would have definitely liked mine. It's okay if you didn't though, I won't hate you like the others in this site. lol

No Caption Provided

scouts1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By scouts1998

I really like the joker but Ozymandias killed more people at once.

(I typed this comment 35 minutes ago)

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

The Joker is the only villain who actually consistently succeeds. It has to be him, Ozzy is more of an anti-hero. Doc Ock is a close second thought, but he only has one great sucess. Norman comes close.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto is my favorite villain, Joker is second and Doom is third.

BUT, the answer must be Thanos. I mean, look at what he's done. There's no other answer to this question.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes! I got mentioned. Sweet.

kazekaine1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no mention of sinestro?

MatKrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

Oh I made it. Sweet !

SoloKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to think it's The Joker as well. Typically, when The Joker loses, he's always still won in a sense.

Bloxxeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say Ultimate Norman Osborne.

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17  Edited By Mrfuzzynutz

I guess it really depends on what you define successful. Oz executed the perfect plan hands down, but he was one and done.

Deathstroke is feared among the superhero community for his fighting skills, so as a Merc whose business is to be paid top dollar to do the toughest job, you can't beat that kind of reputation.

Joker is just feared in general, and when your stomping ground is Arkham Asylum. Your stock is measured in body counts, being the craziest of the crazies hold alot of sway.

if you ask Lex Luthor, he is the most successful HERO as he is the only one committed to riding the world of the alien Super man, and returning earth to Man kind once again.

while Dr Doom is not only regarded as one of the brightest minds on the planet he rules his own sovereign nation.

But for sheer evilness, and longevity I have to give my vote to Darkseid. He has been ruling Apokolips and crushing souls under his boots for centuries

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Cap10nate

Kang the Conqueror. He has an empire of hundreds if not thousands of worlds in his time period and throughout time with his only failure being present day earth which he did control for several months during Kang Dynasty.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vandal Savage. He has achieved more than any other villain.
He may look rusty now.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I didn't think my one would get into the article ahahaha.

cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lilly Caul from the Walking Dead. Not as an actual villain, but a reluctant and circumstantial antagonistic force. She was just trying to survive and ended up killing three major characters. Not only did she kill the protagonist's wife and daughter in an especially brutal and unexpected page, but in realizing what she'd done, she takes out her leader, the most recognizable antagonist in the franchise: the Governor. I actually adore that an ancillary character did this.

And yes. This post is only sort-of-tongue-in-cheek.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's either Ozy, definitely Ozy...

Ozy killed millions and saved billions, persuade Dr.Manhattan to kill Rorschach, and solve Cold War tensions. Everyone else on the planet don't even know!

Joker maybe managed to scar Batman and family, but his ultimate goal is to break Batman, made Batman kill him.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid

He's the God of Evil, he's already conquered worlds and people worship him. All these other villains are eons behind Darkseid.

ngrey651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Nobody brought up Mephisto? The guy who screwed over Peter Parker, got exactly what he wanted, and in doing so created the biggest betrayal ever inflicted on a loyal comic book fanbase until Slott one-upped that by killing Peter and replacing his consciousness with that of a monstrous maniacal egomaniac who's idea of saving the day means "by any means necessary"? What a great way to honor the character who was lighthearted, well-meaning, kind and brave. You make him Hannibal Lecter with spider powers.

detective38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke has manipulated and torn apart a team of titans, killed a whole hero team (freedom fighters), taken down a lineup of JLAers that included a lantern and a speedster, beat down batman and made green arrow beg for his life like a wimp and thats only some of his feats. I'd say he makes a pretty strong case

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

But didn't the ending to Watchmen seem to imply that Ozymandias had failed? He postponed the nuclear annihilation, not stopped it. Rorschach's journal will probably start the whole mess all over again.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

between LOKI and galactus

i'll say LOKI wins.

HeckTate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By HeckTate

Sinestro managed to start an entire Corps which opposes the Green Lanterns. Also in the current DCU his corps has the potential to be the strongest as Parallax is the only entity still known to be active.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hecktate: Through his corps, he also rules dozens of planets.

ForeverMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozymandias wins for me. He got the drop on everyone, even an omnipotent superman.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 inferiorego  Staff

@iceslick said:

@inferiorego: Damn I'm bummed. :-( I don't think you saw mine, but if you did, it's a shame being that you love Ultimate universe and all, I thought you would have definitely liked mine. It's okay if you didn't though, I won't hate you like the others in this site. lol

No Caption Provided

I saw yours, but this week we had about 40 responses. I try to pick the most diverse ones each week, and I don't like to to do doubles or have the same person twice in a row, minus Sam because I finally get a chance to troll him after he's been trolling me for years.

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

@inferiorego: Oh ok. lol I guess next time I will try to condense mine. That's if I can because I have a bad habit of making long sentences meaning I talk too damn much. lol

Mia26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex Luthor is the best ....

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos has achieved omnipotence twice. I'm not sure you can get more sucessful than that.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

A good argument can be made for a lot of villains and I like the reasons people stated. I think Ozymandias is certainly right there as well as Lex, Doom, and one of my personal favorites Thanos.

I don't know about Bullseye though @inferiorego ...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

save.me.now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Ultimate Reed's a pretty good one. Except for the whole financial wealth thing. He's accomplished pretty much everything the other villains on this list have. And he's technically a newer character than all the other villains too.

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark Phoenix ate a star, killed an entire planet, took Jean from the X-men, cruelly comes back to taunt people, and hardly ever sticks around to catch crap for it.

nrgb2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By nrgb2814

... KITE-MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You just know he's out scheming somewhere... Plotting some kind of kite-themed mayhem to terrorize the citizens of the DCU!!!

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does the guy who said Ozymandias realize that it's implied that he didn't get away with it? Did he not read the final page of the book?

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SilverPool

I think Reverse Flash is one of the more successful villains if you look at his goals. The guy just wants to make Flash's life a living hell, and he's done a pretty good job. Pre-Flashpoint he killed Barry's wife and in Flashpoint, his mother. That's probably something he's pretty proud of.

Joker could be as well, the guy never loses, even in DoTF, when it looks like Batman has finally got him.

Avatar image for spacemanspiff85
spacemanspiff85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hecktate: also, he killed the Guardians, which was his goal pretty much since he stopped being a Green Lantern the first time, I think. He lost Korugar though, so I'm pretty sure he'd consider himself a total failure.

Dstick88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joker all the way his only goal is to cause chaos all around him and he always does that