• 130 results
#102 Posted by Wolverine008 (51008 posts) - - Show Bio

This is supposed to be "The Year of Superman" at DC, and they celebrate by having him kill people at every impulse?

#103 Edited by Saren (27584 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@citizenbane said:

Sure, it's not terribly original, but at least it's not a steaming pile like certain other events I could mention.....

Superman Killed and it's terrible.

When there are no less than 3 different people stating explicitly that Superman did not kill Light and was framed for his death to the point that literally no one who reads the issue should have any doubt over Clark's guilt or lack thereof, I do not see how this is a legitimate complaint.

#104 Posted by Saren (27584 posts) - - Show Bio

This is supposed to be "The Year of Superman" at DC, and they celebrate by having him kill people at every impulse?

Query: have you actually read this issue?

Open query to everyone complaining about this: have you actually read this issue?

#105 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (3072 posts) - - Show Bio
#107 Posted by lvenger (33284 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@citizenbane said:

Sure, it's not terribly original, but at least it's not a steaming pile like certain other events I could mention.....

When there are no less than 3 different people stating explicitly that Superman did not kill Light and was framed for his death to the point that literally no one who reads the issue should have any doubt over Clark's guilt or lack thereof, I do not see how this is a legitimate complaint.

I agree with TheAcidSkull that it's poorly executed and not well done at all but Bane is right in that Superman isn't responsible for Light's death. But of course that's not the problem with this issue.

#108 Edited by Saren (27584 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane said:

@theacidskull said:

@citizenbane said:

i haven't read the issue, i saw the scans. So please tell so i don't complain out of thin air, did superman do it? as i saw from the scans, i think he did. i could be wrong, because as i said, i have not read the issue.

Right after Superman "kills" Light, both Madame Xanadu and the Question state that he didn't do it and someone is trying to frame him, and at the end of the issue the Outsider openly admits to having framed Clark for the murder.

No Caption Provided

#109 Posted by Wolverine008 (51008 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane:

Yes, I have read the issue, and Superman killing was very poorly executed.

#110 Edited by lvenger (33284 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: If it helps your case, the August solicitations to Justice League of America and Justice League Dark explicitly state that Batman will find the key to the crime of Superman's supposed murder of Light and that the hero's murder will be solved. So it will become apparent that Superman didn't kill Light. But that's not my problem with it.

#111 Edited by Saren (27584 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane:

Even though the actual manner in which Superman was framed for Light's killing hasn't been revealed yet?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
#114 Posted by ccraft (12272 posts) - - Show Bio

Right after Superman "kills" Light, both Madame Xanadu and the Question state that he didn't do it and someone is trying to frame him, and at the end of the issue the Outsider openly admits to having framed Clark for the murder.

No Caption Provided

People who I talked to didn't mention this, so now I think Superman didn't kill anybody. He was framed plan and simple.

#115 Posted by Kraya (204 posts) - - Show Bio

Goes to show that people who did not read the complete issue themselves should not complain at all because everything they know about it is out of context.

#116 Posted by drgnx (3797 posts) - - Show Bio

@kraya said:

Goes to show that people who did not read the complete issue themselves should not complain at all because everything they know about it is out of context.

!

#117 Posted by NeonPheonix (798 posts) - - Show Bio

It looked like Kingdom Come but dude? Really?

#118 Edited by ssejllenrad (13111 posts) - - Show Bio

Do we really have to spoiler block the word kill? I mean...C'mon... It's not like one can understand the discussion of that word is hidden. Eventually, that person will have to see what the word is and boom! Kill! Kill! Kill!!!!!

#119 Posted by Havenless (2385 posts) - - Show Bio

Trinity War is very important to DC at the moment because it will set up future crossover events such as 'Martian Invasion', 'Darkseid Rising', and 'Age of Brainiac.'

#120 Posted by lolzstastic (215 posts) - - Show Bio

@havenless said:

Trinity War is very important to DC at the moment because it will set up future crossover events such as 'Martian Invasion', 'Darkseid Rising', and 'Age of Brainiac.'

Ah yes, what a great disservice to the fantastic masterpiece of writing that is Civil War, the first time heroes ever fought other heroes (because we never saw that before!)

#121 Posted by Havenless (2385 posts) - - Show Bio

@havenless said:

Ah yes, what a great disservice to the fantastic masterpiece of writing that is Civil War, the first time heroes ever fought other heroes (because we never saw that before!)

Don't worry, DC will do it again once they reboot in 3 years.

#122 Posted by lolzstastic (215 posts) - - Show Bio

@lolzstastic said:

@havenless said:

It's always nice when someone replies to you and their response has nothing to do with what you originally said.

#123 Edited by Havenless (2385 posts) - - Show Bio

@havenless said:

@lolzstastic said:

@havenless said:

It's always nice when someone replies to you and their response has nothing to do with what you originally said.

Referring to heroes fighting heroes, you facetiously professed you've never seen it before, and I replied that you'll see it again in 3 years, so fear not.

#124 Posted by lolzstastic (215 posts) - - Show Bio

@havenless: 2nd time in almost 20 years I ever see this in this company so I doubt it.

#125 Posted by batmannflash (6299 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane:

well you don't even know how Outsider got Superman to kill yet...it could be through mind control. And Superman is the perfect person to frame

#126 Posted by DCWarFan73 (167 posts) - - Show Bio

@malonius: Well said that sums it perfectly.

#127 Edited by novi_homines (1468 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely a ripoff, but as long as it executes it well, it could be thought of as being just as good or even BETTER than the original(s). Just look at other ripoffs. Deadpool is more popular than Deathstroke for some and come into his own, same goes for Thanos. As long as the story is GREAT, i'll be fine with it.

#128 Posted by sinestro_GL (3651 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously, I just came from another thread started by @eternal19...do you need a hug or something?

#129 Posted by Eternal19 (2178 posts) - - Show Bio
#130 Posted by trebean (796 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems that almost everyone complaining about Superman "killing" Light, seems to haven't even read the issue.

#131 Edited by rufug (87 posts) - - Show Bio

@trebean said:

It seems that almost everyone complaining about Superman "killing" Light, seems to haven't even read the issue.

this.