This is going to be great!

Avatar image for chris2kzombieki
chris2kzombieki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

CGI still looks iffy but Unicron confirmation is great. I’m ready for it. Hope it’s good

Avatar image for wordsbeyondfic0
WordsBeyondFic0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no complaints, I'm just glad we're getting another transformers movie.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MAZAHS117

Geez, they are fiiiiiinally bringing in Unicron. I always thought that’s how BayFormers should’ve ended its run. Loving the G1 designs, but I’ll probably pass on the theater and wait until streaming

Vidi15king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Vidi15king

LETS F**KING GO!!!!!!!!

OPTIMUS MOTHER-F**KING PRIME IS BACK!!!!!

I mean, Earth time...... fun time?
I mean, Earth time...... fun time?

Offender-tron out

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 takenstew22  Moderator

CGI still looks iffy but Unicron confirmation is great. I’m ready for it. Hope it’s good

NovaPrime2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks amazing.

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chris2kzombieki said:

Where do you see it? I haven’t given it an especially close look but the CGI doesn’t look like it has problems to me.

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I despise what they’ve done with Wheeljack, but other than that it looks pretty good.

chris2kzombieki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr-yes: Mostly Optimus for some reason. And Arcee. For some reason they seem the most obvious

justneedhelp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks pretty good.

Hope it's actually good.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator
@mr-yes said:
@takenstew22 said:
@chris2kzombieki said:

Where do you see it? I haven’t given it an especially close look but the CGI doesn’t look like it has problems to me.

Go to where Optimus is holding the human at 1:00, you can pretty clearly see some green screen effects going on.

There was also some weird CGI in the first trailer, where IIRC Optimus' shoulder was clipping through some of his body.

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr-yes said:
@takenstew22 said:
@chris2kzombieki said:

Go to where Optimus is holding the human at 1:00, you can pretty clearly see some green screen effects going on.

There was also some weird CGI in the first trailer, where IIRC Optimus' shoulder was clipping through some of his body.

Yeah you’re right, I see it now. Still a massive improvement from the first trailer, and I didn’t see anything else that was noticeably off. Besides Optimus prime and Wheeljack, who seem like CGI mistakes just as they are.

The first trailer shouldn’t be judged on CGI as they improve on it massively for the later trailers. But yeah the first trailer was pretty awful CGI-wise

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr-yes: Mostly Optimus for some reason. And Arcee. For some reason they seem the most obvious

Arcee is fine, and yeah like I said above Optimus and Wheeljack seem like mistakes just as they are.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 takenstew22  Moderator

@mr-yes: Yes, I always assume they will improve the CG in the full release.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks great.

Futureisbest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unicron no longer being Earth makes me happy, F**k Michael Bay's ideal of unicron.

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mr-yes
@futureisbest said:

Unicron no longer being Earth makes me happy, F**k Michael Bay's ideal of unicron.

TFP Unicron is also Earth, but that worked pretty well imo. The backstory mainly. I don’t recall why Unicron was Earth in Bayverse though. I’m not sure if they even have an explanation, iirc he was just there.

RudyGiuliani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RudyGiuliani

So they are combining Beast wars with transformers. @takenstew22

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By WastelandMan

Knowing more details about the story with Unicron being involved makes me feel better about the plot which seemed like a bit of an odd mash up of story elements from the series. Hope they actually show Unicron's robot form, otherwise it's kind of pointless, imo. Also still kind of wish the Predacons were the main threat or the Beast bots got a solo film against them, but the latter can still happen at some point if this film does well.

Mahfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RudyGiuliani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mahfire said:
@rudygiuliani said:

So they are combining Beast wars with transformers. @takenstew22

...Were they not Transformers???

Yes but they were generations apart. Predacons and maximals are descendents of autobots and decepticons.

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just showed my brother the trailer lol and his jaw dropped open after seeing Unicron. We’re all hyped

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks awesome, I just wish Hollywood would stop this annoying trend with crappy rap music in these trailers...anyway hyped for Unicron and these battle sequences look amazing. I read some people ranting about the lips on some transformers? lol I personally don't care but the nitpicking with characters from trailers is hilarious sometimes.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's hope optimus isn't a psycho here like he was in bayformers

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

To be honest, I'm going to miss the realism the Bay verse had.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there is no sense of scale to the transformers. Its worse than Bay

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 takenstew22  Moderator

To be honest, I'm going to miss the realism the Bay verse had.

Sorry, but it kinda stopped being realistic since ROTF.

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there is no sense of scale to the transformers. Its worse than Bay

Wdym?

@arctika said:

Looks awesome, I just wish Hollywood would stop this annoying trend with crappy rap music in these trailers...anyway hyped for Unicron and these battle sequences look amazing. I read some people ranting about the lips on some transformers? lol I personally don't care but the nitpicking with characters from trailers is hilarious sometimes.

I think it’s more their face than their lips. Wheeljack, Arcee and Optimus look horrible.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am out of the loop with Transformers. Is this separated from the previous movies? A completely new take on the universe? Will Megan Fox be in it?

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 takenstew22  Moderator

@gaoron said:

I am out of the loop with Transformers. Is this separated from the previous movies? A completely new take on the universe? Will Megan Fox be in it?

It's a sequel to Bumblebee which is a soft reboot of the Bay movies.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: Thank you Mr. Moderator. I need to put Bumblebee on the list of movies to watch.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks crazy

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr-yes: Eh I mean for me it's not like a deal breaker or anything, I'm sure it'll be smoothed out by release. They look more accurate than Bay's versions at least.

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arctika said:

@mr-yes: Eh I mean for me it's not like a deal breaker or anything, I'm sure it'll be smoothed out by release. They look more accurate than Bay's versions at least.

Smoothed out sure, but the design is there still. It won’t change much realistically. Also, it’s not only their faces tbh. In Bumblebee 2018, every design was spot on. They changed and massacred Optimus, Wheeljack and Arcee. They should’ve stuck with the 2018 designs.

chris2kzombieki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Power scaling wise Unicron might even contend with some of the MCU god tiers

Optimus and the others might also get a buff. @mr-yes you wanna do the reboot RT or should I? I can do like Optimus and the autobots and you could do the maximal’s. I’ll also do Unicron

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By mr-yes

@chris2kzombieki:

Power scaling wise Unicron might even contend with some of the MCU god tiers

Nobody in the MCU can do jack to him besides the cosmics and potentially Wanda’s reality warping seeing as he’s literally a planet. Slightly off topic but I doubt this Unicron will be a part of the singularity. I wonder if we’ll get a Primacron origin again.

Optimus and the others might also get a buff. @mr-yes you wanna do the reboot RT or should I? I can do like Optimus and the autobots and you could do the maximal’s. I’ll also do Unicron

Yeah we can split it, I’ll do the Maximals and whatever Scourge’s faction is called.

chris2kzombieki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr-yes: Terrorcons I think think.

There will also be predacons. Optimus could actually likely get good speed feats to considering Arcee can dodge a rocket despite it being literally in front of her face.

chris2kzombieki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr-yes: Also mirage stated he was way bigger than a planet, we don’t have a scale of Cybertrons size, but assuming it’s around Jupiters size and Mirage also referred to Cybertron when he says planet, he could likely be bigger than a star.

In fact from the looks of it he is, in the trailer it looks like he’s bigger than the sun

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mr-yes
@chris2kzombieki said:

@mr-yes: Terrorcons I think think.

Thats the term. Thanks

There will also be predacons.

Predacons are confirmed? If so I can handle them as well.

Optimus could actually likely get good speed feats to considering Arcee can dodge a rocket despite it being literally in front of her face.

Arcee is the most agile and quickest of all the Autobots, while Optimus is never as quick by any means. However, in the aligned continuity Megatron could casually catch and pin Arcee so if some form of scaling like that can be reached if, say, she fights Scourge and Optimus matches him, for example, then yeah it would make a pretty good speed feat.

@chris2kzombieki said:

@mr-yes: Also mirage stated he was way bigger than a planet, we don’t have a scale of Cybertrons size, but assuming it’s around Jupiters size and Mirage also referred to Cybertron when he says planet, he could likely be bigger than a star.

Cybertron is… interesting, as far as gauging its size goes. I believe in G1 it was about the size of a moon iirc, in Bayverse it was far larger than Earth but not quite Jupiter size, TFCC I believe has it around Unicron size, who could shatter Earth in the palm of his hand.

In fact from the looks of it he is, in the trailer it looks like he’s bigger than the sun

To be fair, it didn’t seem all too close to the Sun, moreso toward Earth. He did seem to be bigger than Earth even from that perspective, so side-by-side he would likely dwarf Earth to a degree. Sun-sized is doubtful though.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By arctika
@mr-yes said:
@arctika said:

Smoothed out sure, but the design is there still. It won’t change much realistically. Also, it’s not only their faces tbh. In Bumblebee 2018, every design was spot on. They changed and massacred Optimus, Wheeljack and Arcee. They should’ve stuck with the 2018 designs.

Yeah the BB designs were practically perfect, I still like these designs though much better than the more technorganic, robot alien looking designs Bay gave them personally. I don't think Prime and Arcee look that bad to be honest here compared to past designs but I guess they could looked better, I too liked the BB looks better especially those cybertron shots, my nitpick personally is I'm surprised the Autobots and Maximals are the same size, but I get it. In original G1 and BW series the Autobots were way bigger than the Maximals but I digress.

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By mr-yes

@arctika: They did it to a tee more or less in Bumblebee. Now they’ve ruined Prime and Arcee, though at least they’re okay. Wheeljack is just……… sigh.

Yeah the scale is kind of weird. Optimus has kind of shrunk tbf, so all the others would’ve as well, but the Maximals were only ten feet or so iirc.

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just look at him 😩 Perfect!
Just look at him 😩 Perfect!

What the F is that??!
What the F is that??!

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr-yes: Yeah, agreed I think Prime and Arcee look better than WJ for imo for sure, it's like they got lazier with him lol Yeah exactly it's like Prime got a bit smaller and the buffed up the Maximals in this movie/interpretation lol

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By mr-yes
Nice… very nice. Again, perfect!
Nice… very nice. Again, perfect!

Well it’s fine… but why change? Why?
Well it’s fine… but why change? Why?

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By mr-yes
PERFECTION!!!
PERFECTION!!!
Oh come ON! What, did he starve himself of Energon?
Oh come ON! What, did he starve himself of Energon?
mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arctika said:

@mr-yes: Yeah, agreed I think Prime and Arcee look better than WJ for imo for sure, it's like they got lazier with him lol Yeah exactly it's like Prime got a bit smaller and the buffed up the Maximals in this movie/interpretation lol

I guess they’ll explain it be saying they took on Earthly vehicle modes, but come on. Wheeljack in any continuity, especially TFP & G1, wouldn’t take a freaking van, especially if he knew he would turn out to be some freak abomination x werewolf x nerd robot combination.

I don’t like that they made Prime smaller, but the Maximals being bigger is better imo.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I’m pretty…whelmed…regarding this. Unicron is dope though!

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Oh, and the Bumblebee designs were perfect. Don’t get why they changed them.