Transformers: Ratchet Respect Thread

Golden_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Golden_Knight

Ratchet is another one of the first Autobots that arrive to Earth in the first Transformers Movie. But like Ironhide and Ratchet, Ratchet was unfortunately killed off in the fourth Movie by Lockdown, being the third member of the original Autobot team that arrived to Earth to die, but he still outlived Ironhide and Jazz. I quite liked Ratchet because he was the Medical Officer, had a great voice actor, and was a decent combatant out of the Autobots.

Note: Unlike my other blogs such as Optimus Prime and Bumblebee, this one will include Ratchet's TF4 feats. So with that introduction out of the way...

Respect Ratchet

"The boy's pheromone levels suggest he wants to mate with the female." - Ratchet.

Accolades

Ratchet is Optimus Prime's Medical Officer:

Optimus Prime: My Medical Officer Ratchet

Source - Transformers.

Strength

Ratchet gently shoves Ironhide forward:

Source - Transformers.

No Caption Provided

While being captured by a group of Decepticons, Ratchet demonstrates better physical resistance than Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Mirage/Dino and Qeue and even staggering a Decepticon Protoform with a punch:

Source - Transformers: Dark of the Moon.

No Caption Provided

Ratchet throws Jazz off balance with a slap:

Source - Transformers: Defiance #1.

No Caption Provided

Ratchet crushes allspark mutation, Dispensor by standing on him:

Source - Transformers #

No Caption Provided

Speed & Agility

Ratchet leaps at a high height and performs a ground roll:

Source - Transformers.

No Caption Provided

Ratchet performs a front flip while leaping over Brawl/Devastator:

No Caption Provided

Ratchet dodges a rocket that was unleashed by a Decepticon:

No Caption Provided

In vehicle mode, Ratchet briefly outpaces Cemetery Wind SUVs and dodges gunfire from an Cemetery Wind SUV:

Source - Transformers: Age of Extinction.

No Caption Provided

in vehicle mode, Ratchet dodges multiple missiles that were unleashed by Cemetery Wind Helicopters:

No Caption Provided

While in vehicle mode, Ratchet evades Decepticon firepower:

Source - Transformers: Nefarious Issue #6.

No Caption Provided

Titan Magazines: Ratchet dodges firepower unleashed by Brawl/Devastator:

Source - Transformers: Saga of the Allspark Issue #1.

No Caption Provided

Titan Magazines: Ratchet dodges two blasts unleashed by a Thraal/A'ovan alien tank:

Source - Transformers: Saga of the Allspark Issue #2.

No Caption Provided

Titan Magazines: Ratchet dodges two blasts and a punch from a Thraal controlled robot:

No Caption Provided

Titan Magazines: Ratchet slashes at two Decepticons with a buzzsaw before they can react:

Source - Transformers: Twilight's Last Gleaming Part 2.

No Caption Provided

Titan Magazines: Ratchet swiftly evades Bonecrusher's claw attack:

Source - Transformers: Twilight's Last Gleaming Part 4.

No Caption Provided

Durability

Ratchet withstands gunfire that was unleashed by Starscream's mini gun:

Source - Transformers.

No Caption Provided

Is unharmed from being blasted by a rocket that was unleashed by Starscream:

Source - Transformers.

No Caption Provided

Is unharmed from being crashed into by Starscream (who was flying at a very high speed in jet mode):

Source - Transformers.

No Caption Provided

Is unharmed from being blasted in the shoulder by a short Plasma blast that was unleashed by Megatron:

Source - Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

No Caption Provided

Is unharmed from being pushed on the floor by a Decepticon Protoform:

No Caption Provided

Is unharmed from being stabbed in the chest by Sentinel Prime's long Sword:

No Caption Provided

Is unharmed from being in the blast radius of an exploding bomb:

No Caption Provided

Is unharmed from being blasted by Cemetery Wind gunfire and a missile that was unleashed by a Cemetery Wind Helicoptor:

No Caption Provided

Is unharmed being in the blast radius of several exploding missiles that were unleashed by Cemetery Wind Helicoptor and Cemetery Wind gunfire:

No Caption Provided

Ratchet withstands gunfire and explosives that were unleashed by Cemetery Wind:

No Caption Provided

TitanMagazines: Ratchet survives Megatron's explosive firepower assault:

No Caption Provided

Titan Magazines: Ratchet uses his buzz saw to block a firepower from the Thraal/A'ovan species:

No Caption Provided

Titan Magazines: Ratchet shrugs off being thrown aside by a zombified Blackout:

Source - Transformers: Saga of the Allspark Issue #4.

No Caption Provided

Firepower

Ratchet unleashes short bursts that throws an injured Brawl off his feet and renders him unconscious:

Source - Transformers.

No Caption Provided

Ratchet unleashes a short burst that shudders Starscream:

Source - Transformers.

No Caption Provided

Ratchet assists Ironhide in competing with Megatron and a somewhat weakened Starscream in a contest of firepower, forcing Megatron and Starscream to retreat:

Part 1
Part 1
Part 2
Part 2

From a long distance, Ratchet unleashes a short burst that kills a Decepticon Protoform:

No Caption Provided

Ratchet unleashes a short burst that blinds a Decepticon Protoform and unleashes a rocket that throws a Decepticon off balance (possibly killing it):

No Caption Provided

Ratchet kills a Decepticon Protoform by unleashing a blast that burns and destroys it's body:

No Caption Provided

Ratchet unleashes short bursts that shatters Sentinel Prime's Control Pillar:

No Caption Provided

Ratchet unleashes short bursts that throws several Cemetery Wind Agents off their feet, while trying to not to kill them:

No Caption Provided

Titan Magazines: Ratchet unleashes a blast that destroys Allspark energy in a zombified Blackout:

No Caption Provided

Titan Magazines: Ratchet unleashes a blast that overload the Allspark core:

Source - Transformers: Twilight's Last Gleaming Part 5.

No Caption Provided

Additional Weaponry

Ratchet's buzzsaw cuts off Brawl's arm:

Source - Transformers.

No Caption Provided

Titan Magazines: Ratchet hurls his buzz saw, cutting off a large chunk of a tank:

No Caption Provided

Titan Magazines: Ratchet cuts off large chunks off a Thraal/A'ovan species controlled robot:

No Caption Provided

Titan Magazines: Ratchet uses his buzzsaw to tear off the arms of Decepticon drones:

No Caption Provided

Titan Magazines: Ratchet slashes Bonecrusher with his buzzsaw, causing him pain and forcing him to fight defensively, keeping him at bay:

Bonecrusher: EHT! GHOH!

No Caption Provided

Titan Magazines: Ratchet decapitates a Decepticon drone and rips off a few body chunks through the use of his buzzsaw:

No Caption Provided

Combat & Battle Feats

Ratchet participates in arresting several Sector 7 Agents in an ambush:

Source - Transformers.

Ratchet participates in the Mission City battle, fighting several Decepticons on Earth, notably Starscream and Brawl:

Source - Transformers.

Ratchet participates in the battles against Decepticons between the first two movies. In one instance, he gets pinned down by Decepticon Incinerator, but gets saved by Optimus Prime. Ratchet uses his buzzsaw to cut into in Incinerator's ankle, distracting him enough for Optimus to ram his energon sword through his chest, ending his life:

Source - Transformers: Alliance Issue #4.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Ratchet assists Ironhide in a contest of firepower against a weakened Megatron and Starscream following Optimus Prime's death:

Ratchet participates in Operation Firestorm, a battle between Autobots & NEST forces and dozens of Decepticons:

While in vehicle mode, Ratchet and Ironhide dodge Decepticon firepower and crash through two Decepticons with enough force throw them off their feet:

Source - Transformers: Nefarious Issue #6.

No Caption Provided

Ratchet participates in an ambush attack against Starscream and Shockwave's Decepticon assault:

Source - Transformers: Rising Storm Issue #3.

No Caption Provided

Ratchet participates in a skirmish with Decepticon protoforms in a Decepticon infested Chicago:

Ratchet participates in what became known as The Battle of Chicago, in the group of Autobots and NEST military who helped the Autobots defeat the majority of the massive army of Decepticons led by Megatron and Sentinel Prime:

Ratchet meets his unfortunate and untimely death at the hands of Bounty Hunter Lockdown and Cemetery Wind forces, but manages to make his death a somewhat difficult job for Cemetery Wind forces with no lethal intent:

Titan Magazines:

Ratchet works with Ironhide and Jazz in an attack on Megatron to prevent him from reaching the Allspark, and they also evade Brawl/Devastator's deadly firepower:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Ratchet defends himself in a war between the Thraal and A'ovan on Na'conda and gets the better of them despite having no lethal intent:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Ratchet co-ordinates with a weakened Optimus Prime and Ironhide against a zombified Blackout, Brawl and Barricade:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Ratchet works with Ironhide in an attack on two Decepticons on a bridge and successfully kills him:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Ratchet fends off Bonecrusher through the use of his buzzsaw to protect Ironhide:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Ratchet participates in a battle against legions of Swindle Decepticon drones:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Ratchet participates in a battle against flying Decepticons to protect a shelter and later protect Bumblebee:

Source - Transformers: Twilight's Last Gleaming Aftermath Part 1.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Source - Transformers: Twilight's Last Gleaming Aftermath Part 2.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Ratchet participates in a battle against Unicron's creatures that attack Cybertron:

Source - Transformers: Return to Cybertron Part 4.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Conclusion

Phew, it took me a lot of effort and time to gather all the material needed for this thread, but now it's finally over. I started making this respect thread back in 2017, but abandoned the project due to loss of interest in Transformers, I just couldn't didn't have the same passion that I had while making respect threads for Optimus Prime, Ironhide, Bumblebee, Jazz and Sideswipe, partially because my Transformers phase ended due to Transformers fatigue, so I was too bored with Transformers to finish this project, and what made me lose interest even further was my disappointment with Transformers: The Last Knight. Furthermore, my previous experiences with making these respect threads were absolutely exhausting, making a single respect thread for each character was a very long and exhausting process because they took so much time and effort that I needed large breaks between each project, and the amount of time and effort required also expended depleted my Transformers obsession. However, I just couldn't leave this project unfinished because Ratchet was one of the original Autobots who arrived to Earth in the first Transformers movie in 2007, so I felt that his respect thread would be an important project nonetheless. Ratchet was an interesting character for me to gather feats for because he's the Autobot medical officer who doesn't like combat, but has proven to be a deadly warrior time and time again. He is pretty fast and agile for his size, has respectable firepower, but most notably, he wields a buzzsaw so deadly that he's been able to cut off Brawl's arm and even keep Bonecrusher at bay, so I wouldn't underestimate him. Thank you all so much for reading.

Golden_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Alphamon

Not bad, also are you going to do one of megs at some point if you ever get a drive to make transformers RT’s agian?

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. People are starting to make respect threads for any character.

Golden_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apologies for the late reply....

@alphamon said:

Not bad, also are you going to do one of megs at some point if you ever get a drive to make transformers RT’s agian?

Thanks for the compliment! No, I don't think I'll ever get the drive to make more of these threads. Back when I used to make these threads, most of them were made during the hype for Transformers: The Last Knight, so at the time, I was very passionate and obsessed with the Bayverse, but when the movie came, it was so horrible even for Michael Bay's standards, that it put a very bad taste in my mouth about the Bayverse continuity in general. And what's not helping is that the Bayverse is practically dead, so there's nothing that makes me care about it as much as I used to. Morever, I just don't have time to make these threads anymore, considering that I am getting older and have to deal with more pressing concerns in my personal life as an adult. Back when I used to make these threads, most of them were made in 2016 or 2017, back when I was fresh out of secondary school, I was still a kid back then, now I am adult and adulthood sucks big time. I posted this Ratchet respect thread at the end of last year because it was an unfinished project that I started working on in mid 2017 but forgot to finish, so when I found it, I felt the desire to finish it, and then post it as a throwback to the times I used to make these threads.

Wow. People are starting to make respect threads for any character.

Oh really?

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golden_knight: well that sucks but hopefully you have a great journey through your adult hood, good sir.

Golden_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphamon said:

@golden_knight: well that sucks but hopefully you have a great journey through your adult hood, good sir.

Thanks!