mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By mr-yes
No Caption Provided

Transformers: Prime is an animated Transformers show created in 2008 that follows our protagonists, known as Team Prime, consisting of Bumblebee, Arcee, Bulkhead and Ratchet under the leadership of Optimus Prime, a former Iacon Clerk turned Prime, while several others either join, leave or die at various points in the timeline. They are constantly at arms with their mortal enemies, the Decepticons, under the leadership of Lord Megatron, a former Gladiator of Kaon turned ruthless conquerer.

I’m aware this show is old and well past its time, but as it’s not been done before and I recently rewatched the show in my efforts to create a Soundwave Respect Thread, I have decided to also make an attempt to rank each and every Cybertronian in the show. With that said, feel free to discuss my options below and any discrepancies your lists may have with mine.

The Rankings:

No Caption Provided

1. Megatron (Unicron Control)

I doubt this will be refuted by anyone, Megatron with Unicron Control (I’ll shorten it to Galvatron for my convenience lol) has beaten Predaking in beast mode as well as Upgraded Optimus Prime, who are both top tiers in the verse as well, as I’ll delve into below. His dark magic gives him a plethora of useful abilities, such as powerful Dark Energon Constructs and the ability to revive the dead, as he did with an entire legion of Predacons.

No Caption Provided

2. Predaking

From fodderizing the Ultra Magnus/Wheeljack duo and the Bulkhead/Wheeljack duo, to stomping base Megatron and beating Upgraded Optimus Prime, Predaking is undoubtedly number 2 on the list. Optimus Prime himself is easily the best combatant barring Galvatron, and Predaking scaling above him puts him solidly at number 2.

No Caption Provided

3. Optimus Prime/Megatron (Upgraded)

An easy choice as even base Optimus Prime/Megatron would be above all others below spot number 5, so Upgraded Optimus being here needs little explanation.

Megatron scaling to him is iffy given that he has no feats, but honestly given the narrative they’re generally portrayed to be around the same tier, and as there is no definitive proof as to which would be above the other, I just decided to clump them together in one place.

No Caption Provided

4. Megatron (Base)

Former Champion of Kaon and leader of the Decepticons, Megatron was undoubtedly one of the two top tiers of the verse prior to the introduction of Predaking and the Upgraded forms of Optimus and Megatron. So… why Megatron above Optimus? Well, looking at their fights:

Season 1, Episode 5- Their battle in the end of the Darkness Rising mini-series portrays Megatron as far superior to Optimus as a sheer combatant, easily besting him in combat until he is interrupted by plot armor Starscream. Even after this, he no-sells a point blank blast from Prime’s energon cannon, but has to deal with Prime’s subordinates and retreats.

Season 1, Episode 23- Their climactic battle in One Shall Fall portrays them as closer than what was demonstrated in episode 5, and though Megatron technically “lost” before his Dark Energon amp kicked in, this was solely due to Optimus using his environment to slam Megatron off the cliff and grind his face to allow Prime to beat Megatron. Prior to this move, Megatron was beating Optimus, albeit in a far closer match than in episode 5.

The rest of their all out battles initiate with them either equipped with their respective Sabers or while one was Upgraded and one was not, and as I’m not including outside weaponry in this ranking, they don’t count for anything at all.

No Caption Provided

5. Optimus Prime (Base)

Reasoning for his placing below Megatron has been given above, and he is superior as a combatant to anybody else in the series at this point. Dreadwing and Skyquake had context behind them, enough to make me believe he wasn’t really going all out against either. This is more clearly shown against Skyquake, when he two-shots him once he gets serious prior to Skyquake abusing his aerial advantage, at which point he dies at Bumblebee’s hands.

No Caption Provided

6. Soundwave

Megatron’s chief of communications, previously chief of his army, and for good reason. Having nearly bested Megatron in combat, Soundwave earned Megatron’s respect. This alone puts him solidly up there as a top tier, but his performances while fodderizing Bulkhead, Smokscreen Ratchet, Wheeljack etc place him solidly here in terms of feats as well.

No Caption Provided

7. Dreadwing

Dreadwing’s performance against Optimus Prime several times give him rights to be up here, the only reason he’s not higher is because I don’t believe Prime went all out against him due to his constant appealing to Dreadwing with regard to joining the Autobot cause. Even if he wasn’t going all out, beating him multiple times in direct combat is impressive by it’s own right.

No Caption Provided

8. Skyquake

I don’t think he was as great of a combatant as Dreadwing was, and I explained how I feel on the Optimus performance in the Dreadwing and Optimus (Base) sections. Being known as one of the greatest Decepticon warriors is also an impressive accolade.

No Caption Provided

9. Ultra Magnus

Magnus’ rank in the Autobot force is impressive enough, but his performance against Darksteel (before being distracted etc), as well as beating Shockwave and holding his own for several minutes against Predaking earns him the right to be up here.

No Caption Provided

10. Darksteel/Skylynx

Admittedly, there is little basis for this one. I just felt they did better individually against Ultra Magnus than Shockwave did, who is next on the list, and their relatively “okay” performance against Predaking was not entirely awful either.

No Caption Provided

11. Shockwave

Shockwave lost to Ultra Magnus in seconds, so he is far below him, but he one shot both Wheeljack and Bulkhead with a blast that didn’t even directly hit them. Incredible powerhouse, albeit one whose H2H skills are admittedly lacking.

No Caption Provided

12. Breakdown

Breakdown is objectively above Bulkhead due to beating him in their one on one encounter, stalemating him and Arcee in their 2 on 1, stalemating Bee and him in their 2 on 1, and not once losing unless it was due to circumstantial reasons alone. I don’t see Breakdown beating Shockwave, though, seeing as Shockwave one shot his comparable in Bulkhead.

No Caption Provided

13. Bulkhead

Reasoning for being below Breakdown has been given above, he decisively beat Hardshell when both were in decent condition, and even when Bulkhead was affected by Tox-En he still stalemated Hardshell and other Insecticons, even managing to throw Hardshell into the lava pit, until being shot in the back when he was leaving the area.

No Caption Provided

14. Hardshell

Hardshell absolutely fodderized Wheeljack, no question nor circumstantial reasons, and lost to Bulkhead twice under both circumstantial and not conditions. Easy ranking, honestly.

No Caption Provided

15. Wheeljack

Honestly, I was surprised Wheeljack was this low. But his performances reflect that. Fodderized by Soundwave until taking him off guard with a headbutt and subsequent energon blasts and fodderized by Hardshell. He is far above Bumblebee though, the next on the list, in my opinion, as I don’t see him surviving half as long against Predaking, nor replicating any aspect of any of his battles.

No Caption Provided

16. Bumblebee

Direct performances against Shockwave demonstrate Bumblebee as smarter in combat as well as faster and more skilled than Smokescreen, but he doesn’t go any higher on the list for reasons explained just above.

Bee is also greater in all stats than Arcee barring speed, and he is demonstrably a smarter combatant given his performance and tactic devising against Skyquake.

No Caption Provided

17. Arcee

Arcee beats Airachnid nearly every time they meet, there‘s really no question that she is above her. I also doubt Arcee could replicate many performances from Bee, namely Skyquake and Shockwave. Against Knockout with the Resonance Blaster, Bee put up a slightly better display, though both did terribly in all fairness. She also hardly did as well in their 3 v 2 against Breakdown and Knockout, being unable to provide anything useful really.

No Caption Provided

18. Airachnid

Airachnid loses nearly every time to Arcee in direct combat, the only reason she is above Starscream is… I can’t think of any tangible scaling that puts Starscream anywhere above at least half-proven combatants.

No Caption Provided

19. Smokescreen

Reasoning explained above for being below Bee, and his performances overall are just pretty meh. Raw dogged by the Predacons, overpowered with one hand by Shockwave, one shot with Shockwave’s cannon, etc. I think it is pretty telling, though, that Starscream chose to run away than to combat Smokescreen, which is why he’s above ol’ Screamer. He hardly has impressive feats without gear.

No Caption Provided

20. Starscream

Man, Starscream in this show was ASS. He lost to an injured Arcee lmao. Nothing more to say here. Constantly needing outside gear in order to be relevant.

No Caption Provided

21. Ratchet

As Autobot medic, nothing really to say here. He is obviously among the worst combatants in the show, and definitely the worst Autobot combatant.

No Caption Provided

22. Knockout

Ratchet one shot Knockout. RATCHET! Lol. Knockout also has no good combat feats without gear, and was fodderized by Arcee.

No Caption Provided

23. Seekers

Fodder, literally below everyone except other fodder. They are better than Vehicons, though.

No Caption Provided

24. Vehicons

Biggest fodder of the Decepticon military.

No Caption Provided

25. Decepticon Miner Class

Do I need to say anything? Not even at the level of fodder Vehicons, Miners serve the sole purpose of mining for the Decepticon cause, and are pretty much completely untrained otherwise.

Hope you guys enjoyed reading, thank you as always.

MaulSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Oh man, I absolutely loved Soundwave and Shockwave in this series, happy to see them high.

Avatar image for chris2kzombieki
chris2kzombieki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’d put wheeljack higher honestly.

chris2kzombieki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also the duo Predacons beat Magnus and Smokescreen together.

Additionally Skyquake was only in one episode, I'd place him below shockwave and thats being generous.

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chris2kzombieki said:

I’d put wheeljack higher honestly.

Fair, I just thought that with his overall track record he wasn’t all too impressive.

Also the duo Predacons beat Magnus and Smokescreen together.

Additionally Skyquake was only in one episode, I'd place him below shockwave and thats being generous.

Correct, but that doesn’t affect their individual combat prowess. UM took on and beat a single Predacon, but he was distracted by Smokescreen’s imminent destruction and was hit in the back, which led to his defeat. Meanwhile, a single Predacon stomped Smokescreen without using his phase shifter. So the ranking is fair imo, Ultra Magnus>individual Predacon>Smokescreen

Skyquake took on and beat (imo a holding back, which is still an impressive feat) Optimus and Bumblebee simultaneously. Though to be fair, when Prime went serious it was over relatively quick. I don’t think Ultra Magnus or Shockwave or anyone below could replicate that battle tbh.

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah! I forgot to mention one guy:

No Caption Provided

God Vehicon with Tree

Uncontested number 1 in the verse.

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nice work 👍

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great thread!

Transformers: Prime is an animated Transformers show created in 2008

Damn. Time really flies. It doesn't seem that old.

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great thread!

Transformers: Prime is an animated Transformers show created in 2008

Damn. Time really flies. It doesn't seem that old.

Thanks!

It really does. The nostalgia hits every time… I remember watching it the first time with my brother and cousin haha. Ah man.

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

seems reasonable

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice job dude, seems legit. Must have taken a while.

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphamon said:

seems reasonable

🤝

@arctika said:

Nice job dude, seems legit. Must have taken a while.

Thank you! Didn’t take too long in all fairness. I’ll be doing one for the Aligned continuity as a whole, that one’ll take a while though.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr-yes: You're welcome. Oh ok right on lol. It helps to be planned out too no doubt I'm sure haha. When I do threads like these it takes me hours lol 😅

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice job. I agree with pretty much all the rankings; the ranking of Megatron above Optimus is really interesting, I hadn’t considered those perspectives before. I could see some TFP fans debating it though.

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice job.

Thanks!

I agree with pretty much all the rankings; the ranking of Megatron above Optimus is really interesting, I hadn’t considered those perspectives before. I could see some TFP fans debating it though.

Yeah, I think a lot of people have base Prime above base Megs, if only because of the outcome of their last battle itself, rather than considering what actually went down in it. In my eyes, their only bouts in base definitely portrayed Megatron as a superior combatant. With the Star Saber and Dark Star Saber they’re pretty even with one win on each side, but I didn’t consider outside weaponry for this ranking as I mentioned.

FalsePromise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be honest, I don't think it is unreasonable at all that Megatron is above Optimus in terms of their base forms. The thing is, there' more to a battle than raw strength and in that episode where they fought in that dark energon mountain, Optimus seemed to be struggling more than Megatron did but Optimus was a bit smarter

When it comes to Megs and Prime's upgraded forms, I'm not exactly sure if the lack of feats for Megatron truly matters. We all know what Megatron can do before he got the upgrade so that already means that logically, he should be able to do what he's able to do, just better. The only real downside is the lack of weapons which gives Optimus a slight advantage but then again, just about every energon blast directed at Megatron simply bounces off

I am a bit curious about Airachnid though. Shouldn't she be higher than Arcee? Airachnid's got more going for her with those webs and her ability to tunnel through the ground. Since the blog is about power rankings, I think Airachnid should be above Arcee due to having more tools to work with

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mr-yes
@falsepromise said:

To be honest, I don't think it is unreasonable at all that Megatron is above Optimus in terms of their base forms. The thing is, there' more to a battle than raw strength and in that episode where they fought in that dark energon mountain, Optimus seemed to be struggling more than Megatron did but Optimus was a bit smarter

Yep. And in terms of pure combat, Megatron’s performances against Prime are demonstrably better, in addition to the strength advantage. I would assume due to his history as a gladiator. Prime is faster and more agile in base, though.

When it comes to Megs and Prime's upgraded forms, I'm not exactly sure if the lack of feats for Megatron truly matters. We all know what Megatron can do before he got the upgrade so that already means that logically, he should be able to do what he's able to do, just better.

Actually, thinking again, I would assume his upgraded body would be on par with Prime’s in part based on the fact that he tanked every blow Prime threw at him with ease, indicating comparable physicals.

However, while we all saw Unicron was a shitty fighter and that frame with Megatron’s skill would be potent, perhaps even enough to overcome Optimus, we really don’t know exactly how Megatron will adapt to his new body and such. Prime’s fighting style changed pretty drastically between his two forms, and it’s honestly tough to tell which would be the victor under such different situations with little basis to make arguments off of.

The only real downside is the lack of weapons which gives Optimus a slight advantage but then again, just about every energon blast directed at Megatron simply bounces off

I think the only time Megatron actually hit Prime with the cannon was when Optimus was going for the Star Saber, and after countless botched blasts at that. I believe his ship cannons and main cannons are different as well, in terms of power, at least. I highly doubt his lack of ranged weaponry will make any significant impact, considering his obviously preferred melee fighting style. Megatron is just a tank as well, he’s utterly no sold direct and point blank blasts from Prime time and again.

I am a bit curious about Airachnid though. Shouldn't she be higher than Arcee? Airachnid's got more going for her with those webs and her ability to tunnel through the ground. Since the blog is about power rankings, I think Airachnid should be above Arcee due to having more tools to work with

She does have more versatility, but if I recall Arcee has beat her more times than not. Either that, or she runs away lol.

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Edgelord91  Online

Nice

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr-yes: Speaking of which, where's Nemesis Prime?

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mr-yes

@edgelord91 said:

Nice

Thanks!

@andromeda1001 said:

@mr-yes: Speaking of which, where's Nemesis Prime?

I forgot Cybertronians only :)

Really though, I’ll think on it and add him in somewhere when I get the time.

Avatar image for deactivated-64c9850de8e51
deactivated-64c9850de8e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where would Sentinel Prime and Lockdown (from Bayverse) rank in this list?

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mr-yes

@_vishop said:

Where would Sentinel Prime(from Bayverse) rank in this list?

Probably above Bumblebee but no higher. That’s extremely generous, probably too much so, considering TFP’s feats when compared to Bayverse. Although, he’d be written to be up at the very top of course.

In terms of skill, he’d be somewhere at the top. Probably above Ultra Magnus, give or take a spot or two.

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mr-yes

@_vishop said:

Where would Lockdown (from Bayverse) rank in this list?

Just saw the edit.

Lockdown is in the same situation power wise. In terms of skill, if I recall he was better than Sentinel. He’s probably up right below Soundwave tbh. Granted, this isn’t a skill-based ranking, but that’s where I’d put him in one most likely.

chris2kzombieki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly rewatching the show, I'm thinking I'll make my own ranking. Some things I'd change tbh.

Avatar image for deactivated-64c9850de8e51
deactivated-64c9850de8e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr-yes: I thought this was ranked according to skill. My bad.

Avatar image for wordsbeyondfic0
WordsBeyondFic0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Makes me want to rewatch this show, I can't believe it came out in 2008.

FalsePromise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr-yes:

Actually, thinking again, I would assume his upgraded body would be on par with Prime’s in part based on the fact that he tanked every blow Prime threw at him with ease, indicating comparable physicals.

However, while we all saw Unicron was a shitty fighter and that frame with Megatron’s skill would be potent, perhaps even enough to overcome Optimus, we really don’t know exactly how Megatron will adapt to his new body and such. Prime’s fighting style changed pretty drastically between his two forms, and it’s honestly tough to tell which would be the victor under such different situations with little basis to make arguments off of.

We also have to remember that just based on design alone, there's a drastic difference between Optimus and Megatron's upgrades. Prime began much bulkier and in his upgraded form, he never seemed to be as fast as his base form. Megatron on on the other hand, simply got a size increase. It was like Unicron just put Megatron into photoshop or something and increased all the dimensions. Even with Unicron controlling the body, it never seemed like the body was less agile than before the upgrade. And as you said, Unicron is shit at fighting. I suppose when it comes down to it, Megatron would just need one or two weeks to adjust in his new body before being to fight effectively again

Also, this is just from what was shown. While Optimus is stronger in his upgraded form, he doesn't seem to be able as agile in his base form and he is carrying a jetpack with him so maybe that's why

I think the only time Megatron actually hit Prime with the cannon was when Optimus was going for the Star Saber, and after countless botched blasts at that. I believe his ship cannons and main cannons are different as well, in terms of power, at least. I highly doubt his lack of ranged weaponry will make any significant impact, considering his obviously preferred melee fighting style. Megatron is just a tank as well, he’s utterly no sold direct and point blank blasts from Prime time and again.

Agreed. Decepticons, even Megatron except for that time he killed Dreadwing, all have really horrible aim. It's almost like they're a bunch of stormtroopers. Though, Megatron did use his sword quite a lot so that is an adjustment he'll have to make since he probably lost it when Unicron upgraded his body

She does have more versatility, but if I recall Arcee has beat her more times than not. Either that, or she runs away lol.

Not really. I believe Arcee only one when she managed to push Airachnid into that stasis pod from the Insecticons. Nearly every other time, Airachnid always gets the upper hand because she lures Arcee into her web traps and she can't move

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falsepromise:

We also have to remember that just based on design alone, there's a drastic difference between Optimus and Megatron's upgrades. Prime began much bulkier and in his upgraded form, he never seemed to be as fast as his base form.

Yeah, he seemed to rely more on strength than skill in his 2.0 frame.

Megatron on on the other hand, simply got a size increase. It was like Unicron just put Megatron into photoshop or something and increased all the dimensions. Even with Unicron controlling the body, it never seemed like the body was less agile than before the upgrade. And as you said, Unicron is shit at fighting. I suppose when it comes down to it, Megatron would just need one or two weeks to adjust in his new body before being to fight effectively again

He did seem bulkier proportionally than in base, but I doubt it would affect his style and skill as drastically as it did Optimus.

Also, this is just from what was shown. While Optimus is stronger in his upgraded form, he doesn't seem to be able as agile in his base form and he is carrying a jetpack with him so maybe that's why

I think it comes down to his immensely bulkier frame, rather than the Jetpack. But that would be a factor as well. To me, it seemed like he fought based more based on brute strength in 2.0 than skill like in base.

Agreed. Decepticons, even Megatron except for that time he killed Dreadwing, all have really horrible aim. It's almost like they're a bunch of stormtroopers. Though, Megatron did use his sword quite a lot so that is an adjustment he'll have to make since he probably lost it when Unicron upgraded his body

Yep. Wonder what this Megatron frame with the Dark Star Saber would be like.

Not really. I believe Arcee only one when she managed to push Airachnid into that stasis pod from the Insecticons. Nearly every other time, Airachnid always gets the upper hand because she lures Arcee into her web traps and she can't move

One win for Arcee (before Jack distracted her)

Two wins for Arcee (she did take Airachnid by surprise, in all fairness)

Three wins for Arcee (environmental abuse, to be fair as well, but Arcee “incapped“ her in order to do so in the first place)

One win for Airachnid

Then there’s that one where Airachnid captured Arcee and her partner, but I don’t think it was mentioned how exactly that happened.

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Arexi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers