Tournament: Greatest Shonen Anime (COMPLETED) [Winner: One Piece]

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Bruh I swear it’s like a Rukia cosplayer rejected Woodward back at highschool or something lol

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DBZ stomps, Bleach only relies on... what is good about Bleach again?

Seriously tho, DBZ and it's not close, Bleach did nothing exceptional, it just copied DBZ formula and added some cool abilities to it which was already done by HxH, in a way superior fashion might I add.

El_mago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By El_mago

bleach became huge dogshit after the third arc unlike dbz who managed to hold the quality and exponentially raised it by buu saga so my answer is pretty clear to convey

Woodward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Woodward

@faradaysloth: Just saving the man's time. You don't have to be a crybaby Faraday

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaoron said:
@faradaysloth said:

DBZ stomps, Bleach only relies on... what is good about Bleach again?

Seriously tho, DBZ and it's not close, Bleach did nothing exceptional, it just copied DBZ formula and added some cool abilities to it which was already done by HxH, in a way superior fashion might I add.

Bleach is pretty different from DBZ as a series, are you talking about fight formula, powerscaling formula, or anything else? Because in terms of story, character, setting, themes, etc. they're not that much alike. And for HxH, what are you even talking about? Are you saying HxH had abilities like Bleach before the latter even had them? That's a pretty big claim, especially when Hunter x Hunter started doing hiatuses repeatedly as early as, well, before Bleach even existed.

@eredin12

I just wanted to give a few more reasons why its considered good, that's all, you dont need to respond if you dont want to

You could've just expanded that on your own post instead of tagging me.

I think you just had some problem with reading comprehension there

So you're not going to own up to your poor spelling & grammar? Ok.

@woodward said:

@faradaysloth: Just saving the man's time. You don't have to be a crybaby Faraday

You're still 0-1 ;)

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 takenstew22  Moderator

@woodward said:
@takenstew22 said:

Interesting, I thought Bleach was gonna stomp this.

I'm planning to watch/read Bleach sometime after Naruto.

I wouldn't bother unless if you're really into the fights. The series is horrendous outside of its action scenes.

I mean, I think I'll enjoy it if it has good fights. I'm way more of an action guy.

Senate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lsoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Lsoon23

I'd say Bleach but the final arc is genuine laughable trash and at least DBZ somewhat keeps a good level of quality throughout its entire run so DBZ. Soul society arc is GOAT though.

Personally I think YYH and Mob Psycho 100 are the best out of all the shows listed.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12:

Well you are one who made that claim so i just wanted to say to you ( and to people that will read this thread and your argument) what are some other good things it has if you dont care or are busy solving world mysteries you dont need to respond, nobady forces you to

I made the claim that DBZ wasn't that good, you tagged to say that here's the reasons why others like it, implying that had anything to do with my original position, since I never said those factors couldn't be viewed in that positive way. In general, there was no purpose in tagging me.

Also honestly you seem to act kind of disrespectful, is that because of our Saitama vs Ichigo debate?

I don't hold anything against you bro, lol.

Sorry englsih is not my native league but i think what i said was understandable, i first agreed with you about popularity not being a factor and then I wrote "I just said those reasons i mentioned above are why people love Db" its popularity was never among them, never, so i think it was easy to understand even with my imperfect English

You said you agree that popularity isn't a factor, then why list it in the first place?

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12:

Not just that, i said besides positive things you mentioned there are some other positive things as well and then i mentioned them, that is all

Once again, then why did you felt the need to tag me? You could've completely ignored my post, in was in no way disagreement with yours.

I did not

If you didn't, we wouldn't be talking about it.

i listed more positive things DBZ has then just ones you did and then i siad at least to a large number of its fans around the world that love it

Which was largely irrelevant

then you siad same is with bleach and i said its far less popular than DBZ, i did not mean that make it worse, just that DBZ is more popular

But popularity is irrelevant.

because i would not say that bleach is loved by "a large number of people around the world" in same snese DBZ is

I never compared the popularity of the two, but you're just dead wrong if you don't think Bleach isn't loved by "a large number of people around the world", 120 million in sales, highest selling 21st century manga, still a Top 5 highest grossing anime on TV Tokyo, etc. it makes no sense to dispute what I said.

hell many of my friends did not even hear for bleach but all know DBZ from the time they were even kids

Do your friends watch anime lol. DBZ was a Saturday Morning Cartoon (not a diss btw), while Bleach was on Toonami at night, of course DBZ is going to trace more kids than Bleach.

far more people will recognize Goku and Frieza then Ichigo and Yhwach, that is all

Never would've said otherwise. You just misunderstood what I said.

ovy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By ovy7

Bleach, DB/Z only has the nostalgia for me. Outside that, it's a pretty mediocre show.

Edit: also, tag pls.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Tag me in please

Bleach. Core stuff is great, filler stuff is not. Still it has better pacing and characters than DBZ.

Avatar image for animeisniche_ok
Animeisniche_ok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bleach is trash.

Senate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ovy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@senate said:

You gotta tell me which one you vote for lol.

Bleach. I thought it was pretty clear. . .

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

DBZ easily, Bleach has its good moment, but after the saving Rukia arc, it just became a struggle to watch/read. Also everything after Aizen was pretty much trash.

Senate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ovy7: Ohh my bad. Though you were talking about both shows.

Senate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragon Ball wins 17-7 and will be advancing.

Senate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hunter x Hunter

No Caption Provided

vs

Demon Slayer

No Caption Provided

Wushu59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Hunter x Hunter

Senate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kimetsu no Yaiba was enjoyable and the animation was great but it doesn't hold a candle to HxH and its story progression.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have yet to watch Demon Slayer, so I'll choose HxH by default

exauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Demon slayer achieve things that most manga have failed in past and broke sales records, due those Achievement I have to back Demon slayer, they are just Insane.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

Hunter x Hunter. I'm hoping it wins the tourney honestly.

@exauce said:

Demon slayer achieve things that most manga have failed in past and broke sales records, due those Achievement I have to back Demon slayer, they are just Insane.

Such as?

Avatar image for deactivated-6305610811396
deactivated-6305610811396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

Hunter Hunter is Top 10 anime for me.

Never seen Demon Slayer before.

exauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By exauce

@killbilly said:

@exauce said:

Such as?

Reaching 1 million volume sales in a couples of days, or outselling selling one piece, Or being in the 30 of best selling volume of the Year, 15 or so times, or being the number 1 chapter like 30 or so in 2019.

Disclaimer I'm not saying Demon slayer is better than Hunter x Hunter I don't think it is but we still need to give him some credit for those achievements

Binnk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Demon slayer was good, but was still a bit generic for me. HxH is still one of the greatest pieces of fiction I have ever seen. So I’m voting for HxH

SquadDoubleYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HxH, not even close

Senate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@exauce: This tournament is for the anime counterparts of each series. Also, as mentioned in the rules, vote for whichever show you think is better or you enjoyed more.

exauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@senate: Oh anime-only my bad then, I go with hunter x hunter if that the case

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 killbilly  Moderator

@exauce said:
@killbilly said:

@exauce said:

Such as?

Reaching 1 million volume sales in a couples of days, or outselling selling one piece, Or being in the 30 of best selling volume of the Year, 15 or so times, or being the number 1 chapter like 30 or so in 2019.

Disclaimer I'm not saying Demon slayer is better than Hunter x Hunter I don't think it is but we still need to give him some credit for those achievements

So it's the Michael Bay's Transformers of shounen? Gotcha.

XSolidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HxH stomps.

exauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By exauce

@killbilly said:
@exauce said:
@killbilly said:

@exauce said:

Such as?

So it's the Michael Bay's Transformers of shounen? Gotcha.

Yea kinda

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HxH stomps, amazing show.

a8612152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mismatch, HxH stomps.

Avatar image for deactivated-605fa2b8d3995
deactivated-605fa2b8d3995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HxH could be considered the best shounen so this is a stomp

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ovy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HxH

Avatar image for deactivated-61919ebe21493
deactivated-61919ebe21493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Demon Slayer.

I'm sad I missed the first two, Bleach>DB by the way. DB is nothing special IMO it's only popular because it was a first had it came out after things like Naruto/OP/Bleach it would be nothing more than an average shonen.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hunter x Hunter. I saw the original HxH series and liked it well enough. I never made it through all of the second series dropping off about midway. I assume it gets better in the second half since so many on CV love it. What I saw, the first 75+ episodes are okay, but I don’t get the adoration. Like I said, maybe after I finish it I will.

Avatar image for deactivated-63348143d7cff
deactivated-63348143d7cff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hunter x Hunter easily

Laskt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really love Demon Slayer, but HxH just completely blows it out of the water for me

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

@Penguin-Dust said:

Hunter x Hunter. I saw the original HxH series and liked it well enough. I never made it through all of the second series dropping off about midway. I assume it gets better in the second half since so many on CV love it. What I saw, the first 75+ episodes are okay, but I don’t get the adoration. Like I said, maybe after I finish it I will.

You should give 2011 chance. The animation is as good or better than most currently airing shows and the story is far more streamlined than its 1999 counterpart.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killbilly: I plan to give it another shot. Like I said I’ve seen more than half, but that was quite some time ago. Hell, come to think of it, I may have fallen off because I ran out of new episodes to watch at the time. I always binge rather than week-to-week TV shows. For long running anime I will back burner a series until I am sure enough episodes have been released to complete a story arc. I probably just put HxH on hold after finishing an arc, and forgot. Sadly, I will likely have to restart since while I recall the main points I don’t remember many of the smaller details. If I include the ‘99 series this will probably be the fourth time though the license exams.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 killbilly  Moderator

@killbilly: I plan to give it another shot. Like I said I’ve seen more than half, but that was quite some time ago. Hell, come to think of it, I may have fallen off because I ran out of new episodes to watch at the time. I always binge rather than week-to-week TV shows. For long running anime I will back burner a series until I am sure enough episodes have been released to complete a story arc. I probably just put HxH on hold after finishing an arc, and forgot. Sadly, I will likely have to restart since while I recall the main points I don’t remember many of the smaller details. If I include the ‘99 series this will probably be the fourth time though the license exams.

Damn, lol. At least it's a good arc. :P

El_mago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HxH on not a particular close Match at all kimetsu no yaiba is overrated as hell.