Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Edited By Jgames

Top Ten Marvel Movies List by Jgames

I have made a top ten list for the DC films and decided hey why not make one for Marvel. Especially since unlike the DC list, is not just one superhero dominating the list and be a way to make up failing to do the Endgame review due to school (damn you school). Marvel has had plenty of great movies from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the X-men films and plenty of Spiderman movies, this is the top ten Marvel Movies, but first honorable mention.

Honorable Mention:

Spiderman 2 (2004): I have a lot of nostalgia for the original Spiderman movie as it was the first movie I remember seeing in the theater, but it has not aged as well as Spiderman 2. While I might have not liked it as much as a kid, as an adult I do appreciate how this movie tackle Peter Parker struggles with balancing personal life with his life as a superhero. Lots of great camera work that Sam Raimi is known for, with a great villain, I just had to mention this movie.

Deadpool: A surprisingly hilarious and fun solid romantic comedy superhero movie. With Ryan Reynold and Fox making up for X-men Origin and giving us an excellent live-action Deadpool.

X-Men Day of Future Past: A great x-men movie involving time travel, lots of cool action scenes, old and new x-men interacting in a movie that seems to serve as a retcon to the series. While convoluted as one would expect from a time-traveling movie, it is still a ton of fun.

Guardian of the Galaxy vol.2: A fun sequel to a movie I really like. It was crazier with its space antique, more fun, and memorable jokes, and spending more time with characters I really like while also making me like some of them more. All while having a really bittersweet ending that just pulled on my heartstring.

No Caption Provided

10.Avenger: The movie that people never expected, a bunch of heroes coming together from different films to team up for a movie. It’s funny to think how far we come from this movie, where the newest Avenger movies have a bunch of heroes. Back in the day people did not know if this movie would work with just 6 heroes. To see this on the big screen and not only get a cohesive movie, but a really fun one was considered a huge accomplishment and help foster the goodwill to the MCU. Seeing Iron Man fighting Thor was just awesome to see as that was not something you would expect to see outside of comics and cartoons. With the movie villain Loki, serving as a good antagonist to the team as they must stop Loki evil plan of using the tesseract to invade earth. While sure, the visual is not that appealing, and it is a very standard plot, it's still a movie that left its mark, and it’s an enjoyable watch.

No Caption Provided

9.Avenger Endgame: The conclusion of one chapter of the MCU even if Kevin Feige says its actually Spiderman Far From Home. Endgame is a sequel to Infinity War, where the Avengers must stop Thanos and try to bring everybody back. Infinity war left many people wanting more and excited to see Endgame. While the movie does have lots of plot convenience and not as great as Infinity War, it is a satisfying conclusion to the MCU. It manages to do a great job of wrapping up many characters character arc while doing a good job setting up future movies to make people more excited. While sure the movie is a bit clunky, it was great to see all the callbacks, seeing how the characters are dealing with the events of Infinity War, and having lots of awesome character moments. Is the only MCU movie that manages to honestly make me want to cry because these are characters I been following for 11 years and the emotional moments in this movie manage to hit strongly. While I have quite a few complaints, it manages to hit the emotional beats well and manage to be a great conclusion to an ambitious share universe.

No Caption Provided

8.Spiderman Homecoming: Spiderman was always my favorite Marvel character next to Wolverine, and while I admit I have lots of attachment to the Sam Raimi Spiderman movies, this one I just enjoy more. With Peter Parker, this time actually looking and feeling like a Highschool kid. Being a lot more relatable, having MCU signature humor mix with Spiderman one-liner and his interaction with Iron Man, and Michael Keaton as the Vulture, you get an excellent Spiderman movie. Not only is it one of the most fun I had in the theater that year, but also gave us an actual good MCU villain aside for Loki. The MCU has been having problems with their villains, and while I guess GOTG vol.2 was a step in the right direction, this was when it felt like the people behind the MCU really started to try to make their villains more compelling. Not only making this a movie where they nail the hero, but also one where they nail the villain.

No Caption Provided

7.Iron Man: The movie that started the MCU. I remember watching this movie as a teenager and thinking this was really awesome. Rewatching it, it still holds up. This was Robert Downey Jr role that put him back to the spotlight and made us fall in love with the character Iron man. It manages to be stylish, sleek, witty and tell a compelling origin story of a character that not many mainstream audiences knew, and quickly help make him an A list character. Seeing him built the machine from a cave to improving it and destroy terrorist base was just satisfying to watch. Plus it helps to have Black Sabbath playing in the movie. 11 years later and the movie still holds up.

No Caption Provided

6.Captain America: Civil War: The Russo brothers are back for the third installment of Captain America, or as most people like to call it, Avenger 2.5. This time the heroes are conflicted over the accountability of heroes and whether they should be placed on checked by the world government. This movie just blew me away as it manages to have the same excellent fighting choreography from the Winter Soldier, but with other superheroes. With a great introduction to Black Panther and Spiderman that was done wonderfully. With lots of the ethical debate over superheroes being in check actually having equal point. Making you side with Captain America in one moment, and Iron man the next. Is a movie that manages to be both entertaining and yet challenging. With the ending fight scene having so much emotional weight to it. Granted yes the villain was unmemorable, and honestly, his plan was a bit too convoluted, and yeah the ending after the fight scene did not have that much weight to it as most people wanted. Still, it's an excellent Avenger movie, I mean Captain America movie.

No Caption Provided

5.Captain America: The Winter Soldier: The movie that made people say, yeah Captain America is a badass. It was also the movie that shows us, yeah the Russo Brothers are talented directors, even if the movie does not look as cinematic as other Marvel movies. The action in this movie was the first thing I notice when watching this movie in the theater on my birthday. As the choreography was actually really good. The action manages to have the right balance of over the top action and being grounded. You can feel the kicks, and it is surrounded by a pretty cool Captain America versus the government. While sure the plot is similar to lots of other action movies except with Superhero, but that what I love about it. It’s the awesome action movie I really like with Captain America. Plus, this is probably the only movie where I actually really like Black Widow, as she really works well with Cap. Not to mention that Nick Fury scene which was just like many things in this movie, really cool. It’s a movie that stands on its own and a movie I do not mind coming back to.

No Caption Provided

4.Avenger: Infinity War: Infinity War gave us arguably one of the best villains in the MCU so far, Thanos. Thanos for a long time was teased, but never seem interesting and this movie changed that. Not only was he an interesting and menacing villain, but as many people pointed out, was arguably the main character of the movie. As we see his journey of getting the stones while he tries his best to overcome all obstacle in his way, with a great theme of sacrifice being played in the movie. With the heroes trying to stop him and asking themself what they must do to stop him. Save everybody in the risk of losing everybody, or sacrificed the few for the greater good. This movie was jam pack with heroes, and manage to make it work in a cohesive movie. With lots of awesome action, great character moments, one-liner, jokes, etc. This was a movie that manages to succeed in many levels and manage to give us one of the best and memorable endings to a movie. Being one of the darker movies in the MCU, and left many people excited for the sequel. The only major disappointment was the fact that team Captain America was probably the least interesting compared to the rest, but overall manage to be the best Avenger movie in my opinion.

No Caption Provided

3.Logan: This being on the list is probably not a surprise considering the amount of praise this movie got and often consider to be snub at the Oscar, and was a great send off to both Hugh Jackman and Patrick Steward as their respective role. Thanks to Deadpool, we were able to get a rated R movie with our favorite x-men character, Wolverine. With the movie having a simple premise of Logan and Xavier having to help a mutant little girl cross the border to escape a group of mercenaries. This movie manages to be a depressing look on being a superhero, and how Logan has to find his humanity and become that hero this one last time. It easily has some of the best acting out of any Marvel movies with some of the best acting from Hugh Jackman and Xavier. It had great cinematography and manage to show us the rated R action we were craving with Wolverine. The kid actor for X-23 was great and manage to be both bloody and yet hit you in the feels. It is my personal favorite X-men movie.

No Caption Provided

2.Guardian of the Galaxy: The least superhero movie in the MCU, and more of its own thing, Guardian of the Galaxy was a movie that manages to win people heart despite them being pretty obscured to a mainstream audience and quickly made them household names. Guardian of the galaxy is a movie about a bunch of misfit criminal working coming across each other and end up teaming together to save the galaxy. This movie is personally my favorite MCU movie as it managed to have so many likable and memorable characters. It had excellent nostalgia soundtrack, felt director driven to the point that when James Gunn got temporarily fired for the third movie, even other directors did not want to touch this movie considering how big his fingerprint is on the movies. It managed to be a fun misfit people in space dealing with their own problem and finding a family within each other. While the main villain is definitely bland, the main colorful cast definitely more than makeup for it. This is one fun space movie of misfit that I definitely will be coming back time and again.

No Caption Provided

1.Spiderman Into the Spiderverse: Up to now you probably notice two main difference between my Marvel list and DC list. For one, is not simply dominated by one superhero. Two; there no animated movie on this list until now. That because Marvel animated movies tend to be average or just terrible. It is a surprise that my favorite Marvel movie somehow managed to not only be an animated movie but a sony animated movie. Spiderman Into the Spiderverse manages to be a perfectly balanced movie all around, having just about everything you want from a movie. It has a great likable cast of characters, clever narration, satisfying character arc, great emotional scene, a fresh origin story, solid action, visually appealing, it just excellent. My only two gripes would be the animation does take some getting used to, and the main villain, Kingpin, is decent but could have used a bit more screen time. Aside from that this is just a wonderful visual experience that I had to see again in the theater to take it all in. It’s a movie that I can appreciate in so many levels the more I rewatch it, and makes me excited for what more they can do with this. I also really respect how the 3d CGI animation is not just a Pixar clone, but actually has its own style, and manage to be really refreshing. Taking comic elements and mixing it up with animation, seamlessly and cleverly. It’s a visual marvel that manages to land a slam dunk in just about every category. It is my favorite Marvel movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da4168075532
deactivated-5da4168075532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Excellence list. Logan is a Marvel movie?

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

You ranked Logan and Guardians way too high in my opinion. I also would have had Spider-Man 2 in the Top 10 proper and ahead of Homecoming, not an HM. Still, this list is overall respectable. I disagree less with your overall picks and more their exact order.

I am a little disappointed that X2 didn't even make honorable mention though.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

1. Spider-Man 2

2. Spider-Man

3. Logan.

4. X2.

5. Into the Spiderverse.

6. X-Men: Days of Future Past.

7. X-Men: First Class.

8. The Winter Soldier.

9. Guardians of the Galaxy.

10. Deadpool.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PayneInTheAss

Too much MCU in this one.

Also SM2 > Homecoming

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

Too much MCU in this one.

Also SM2 > Homecoming

Amen. I liked Homecoming, but not as much as the first two Raimi films.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First Class

Logan

Avengers

Guardians 1

Iron Man

Deadpool

Civil War

X1

Winter Soldier

Deadpool 2

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

In no order:

• Into the Spider-verse (2018)
  • Logan (2017)
  • Iron Man (2008)
  • Spider-Man (2002)
  • Hulk (2003)
  • Ghost Rider (2007)
  • Kick-Ass (2010)
  • Kingsman (2015)
  • Kignsman 2 (2017)
  • Men in Black (1997)

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames: I know it's your personal opinion,but avengers 1 and eg were far superior to homecoming

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

No first class?

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jgames

@shroudofsorrow: Mary Jane in the Sam Raimi films was just a bit too terrible for me looking back. I mean the romance almost makes the Black Widow and Bruce Banner subromance look good in comparison. Not to mention that laughable jesus moment in the train. Which I love the train action sequence, but my god was the moment after that laughably over the top cheesy. I mean there is lots of thing to love about SM2, so I do not blame you for feeling thay way. It just the flaws in SM2 bother me more than the flaws in Spiderman HM.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan isn't first? Smh...

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan isn't first? Smh...

LOL

OT:

1. Logan
  2. Spider-Man 2
  3. First Class
  4. Days of Future Past
  5. Spider-Man
  6. Into the Spider-Verse
  7. The Winter Soldier
  8. The Wolverine
  9. X-Men & X2 (tie)
  10. The Avengers

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Winter Soldier > Infinity War > Endgame > The Avengers > All Of Them

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

@emmafrostxmen said:

The Winter Soldier > Infinity War > Endgame > The Avengers > All Of Them

No Caption Provided

Only thing I might have changed was putting the first Guardians of the Galaxy in there somewhere below Winter Soldier.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@jgames: Great list! I really appreciated and enjoyed that you included thorough reasoning for each of your choices. A movie list is basically pointless without it. If I could advise you on anything, I would say the grammar and punctuation could be improved in a lot of places to make it smoother to read, but otherwise I really enjoyed this and want to see more blogs from you!

My personal list:

1. Avengers: Infinity War
  2. The Avengers
  3. Captain America: Civil War
  4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  5. Avengers: Endgame
  6. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  7. Guardians of The Galaxy
  8. Black Panther
  9. Iron Man 3
  10. Thor: Ragnarok

I know it's all MCU movies on my list. I just think they make great movies lol.

YoahBoy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't remember the last time I saw an X-Men movie so I'm not gonna rank them. But except for that -

1. Into The Spider Verse (2018)

2. Infinity War (2018)

3. Logan (2017)

4. Winter Soldier (2014)

5. Iron Man 1 (2008)

6. Spider Man 2 (2004)

7. The Avengers (2012)

8. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

9. Spider Man Homecoming (2017)

10. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 (2017)

Some more : Spider Man Far From Home (2019), Thor Ragnarok (2017), Spider Man (2002) and Deadpool 2 (2018)

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mrmonster

Excluding animated movies like Big Hero 6 and Spiderverse (I think it hard to compare animated to live action), my top 10 are...

10. Guardians of the Galaxy

9. Black Panther

8. X-Men: First Class

7. Marvel's The Avengers

6. Avengers: Endgame

5. Spider-Man: Far From Home

4. Avengers: Infinity War

3. Spider-Man: Homecoming

2. Deadpool 2 (horribly underappreciated)

1. Logan

Honorable Mentions: Spider-Man 2, X2: X-Men United, Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Doctor Strange, Captain America: Civil War, Deadpool

Jordan1Kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

1. Avengers: Endgame

2. Avengers: Infinity War

3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

4. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

5. Guardians of the Galaxy

6. Avengers: Age of Ultron

7. Thor: Ragnarok

8. Captain America: Civil War

9. The Avengers

10. Doctor Strange

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_agent_of_chaos: More power to you. I personally think the cringeworthy romance and some other things that did not age well, prevented Spiderman 2 from being anything more than a honorable mention. This is all "opinion". Just like how most people think Infinity war is better than Endgame yet you don't. Opinion are weird like that.