• 95 results
sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sladerulez

Who is the top five strongest characters with abilities related to the plant kingdom?

they can't be born a plant, they must be born humanoid,

plants must be their primary ability,

they can't be powerful and just happens to use plants.

they must be known mainly for their skills in plant manipulation or anything close.

honest opinions

no trolling or wanking

BTW: I edited the thread, because I don't know a lot of plant using characters, I just want to see variety

NightSky86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Swamp Thing

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hashirama Senju

not a spite, this site is a minefield where 1 wrong statement can ruin everything.

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sladerulez

just saw swamp thing feats, and nevermind.

Hashirama makes a close second, but swamp thing is the strongest plant user

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
deactivated-5a2b0053414c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brassica Prime, God of Cabbages(Runescape)

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I updated the thread, so come with your top 5 now

Avatar image for deactivated-5a39421825b35
deactivated-5a39421825b35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yoko Kurama

ValarMelkor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kurama.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By SMXLR8
sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wild Wister is a fun mention.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smxlr8: oh right.

Where would I put this then?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm well let's see there's:

Swamp-Thing

Man-Thing

Poison-Ivy

That's all I know.

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My final list

Hashirama Senju

Swamp-thing

Man-thing (i guess?)

warrod sequen

and Poison Ivy

these are all the plant users I know

Hashirama is above the others, because He tanked hundreds of mountain busters with shinju senju,

and Also has the diety gates to seal his opponents.

not even the juubi could break them immediately.

he could tank more destructive attacks, and knows plenty of seals that should be able to restrain them.

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smxlr8: well, let's just wait and see what happens, and If this get's locked, I'll try something similar in general discussion

BTW, Have you listed your top 5?

Delta16807

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Delta16807

@sladerulez:

I would pick Swamp Thing over everyone, however as there was a question on getting more of them...

I think the two best ones not listed I can think of are probably the Inhuman Jolen, and Groot. I am not sure if you want to include Groot though, on account that while he can control forests, etc - it is really only wood based stuff; as it is a 'wood power' - and that isn't even his normal primary ability. But Jolen absolutely belongs here. I will take Swamp thing over Jolen though.

As for some of the weaker ones to add to the list, the inhuman Timberous also controls plants, but I don't think he fits well in this list. Klara Prast, a mutant and Runaway - seems to have some good feats, but still much smaller than Swamp Thing. Also, Layla from Sky High deserves a mention. Though, she is clearly no match for Swamp things feats, though she was the best thing about that movie. This was her best feat in the movie:

Loading Video...

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delta16807: groot was born a plant, he doesn't qualify. Swamp thing and man-thing count, because they were once human, but Groot was born a sentient plant.

Jolen... is a pretty good addition actually. Don't know a lot about him though, I'd put him above Ivy and sequen, but No further.

layla can also control the light setup lol

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

do you mean who has the best ability to manipulate plants or do you mean the strongest attack ability via plants?

If it is strongest attack then I nominate Tang San as the strongest. Not sure of the other 4 though.

katrurius17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By katrurius17

@sladerulez: Well Swamp Thing is 1 (100%), Ultimate Swampfire 2(from what i know) Hashirama 3, Poison Ivy 4 and Bushroot(XD)5

But the problem is, i don't know many plant-users, Spawn would be very strong and uses plants but it's not primary.

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seagod: the strongest individual who has plant related abilities as a primary ability.

they can have other abilities, but they are mainly focused on plant related abilities.

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sladerulez: then sticking with Tang San he can stomp all the others mentioned so far.

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seagod: don't know him. what are his feats?

Wewlad80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SwampThing is just so broken that no one even wants to carry the annoyance of getting on his bad side regardless of how powerful they generally are.

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SeaGod

@sladerulez: well his mother was a plant type beast spirit that took on a human form and his father was the strongest man on the planet(till he came along). Basically Tang San uses Blue Silver Grass and poison to fight. However what makes him so strong is the fact he took the Sea God trials and became the new Sea God. Here is a excerpt from the most recent translated chapter.

Tang San had finished that battle just now with his strength alone. To be precise, he had used one eighth spirit ability and two ninth spirit abilities to completely erase a group of fifty powerful spirit masters including a Title Douluo from this world. The whole process took less than a quarter of an hour, neat and tidy. Moreover, Ma Hongjun didn’t get the slightest feeling that Tang San’s spirit power was lacking even after using three powerful abilities in succession. A complete suppression, without giving the enemy the slightest chance. He knew that this third brother of his had already grown to become a terrifying control type Title Douluo.

Delta16807

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Delta16807

Decided to try and do a little research on the topic (checking out examples of green thumb here, in all media medium: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GreenThumb) and here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Fictional_characters_with_plant_abilities

Didn't find too much that was interesting, and a lot of low teir ones.

But one I that stuck out to me that stands a good chance is Cornelia from W.I.T.C.H. (though, I obviously don't know too much here); however my only problem is she seems to have a lot of other powers besides. I thought this quote was funny:

"Cornelia thinks this ability is lame at first (at least, compared to her earth-moving powers), but learns to love it once she is able to grow flowers the size of skyscrapers."

Sounds like a vain and short sighted little girl, doesn't it? :) FLOWER POWER!

In fact, she was the cover of the Green Thumb article on TV Tropes, about people with said abilities.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5aba78567e8b5
deactivated-5aba78567e8b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nissa Revane

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I shall provide one power feat for the two characters I actually know about.

Hashirama was able to Tank multiple multi-mountain busters at once when Madara's susanoo merged with the kyuubi.

He can create toxic fumes with his wood style, He was able to restain the juubi while holding the crimson ray formation with the other hokages. He is also a genious is the battlefield, and defeated Madara twice, both with and without the kyuubi, with his own power. Hashirama is not to be underestimated.

can he beat swamp thing or man thing? only if he seals them. otherwise, they beat him.

Swamp thing was capable of absorbing the magic and restraining wonderwoman, when wonderwoman tried to defeat him thinking he was a foe. He is generally left alone by the league, not wanting to cause the man to get Angry.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hashirama was able to Tank multiple multi-mountain busters at once when Madara's susanoo merged with the kyuubi.

He can create toxic fumes with his wood style, He was able to restain the juubi while holding the crimson ray formation with the other hokages. He is also a genious is the battlefield, and defeated Madara twice, both with and without the kyuubi, with his own power. Hashirama is not to be underestimated.

can he beat swamp thing or man thing? only if he seals them. otherwise, they beat him.

Swamp thing was capable of absorbing the magic and restraining wonderwoman, when wonderwoman tried to defeat him thinking he was a foe. He is generally left alone by the league, not wanting to cause the man to get Angry.

I don't think Swamp Thing can be sealed, he can regenerate as long as there plant life anywhere in the universe.

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gotoucanario: Well, seals are just a finger to logic. Why do you think Naruto's famaly was killed for them? because they overrule logic and can do nearly anything. the hiraishin is nothing more than a sealing jutsu. Kaguya was defeated by a sealing jutsu. the juubi couldn't move out of the hokage barrier. They are one of the biggest haxes in the Narutoverse.

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Gnomishness

I don't know too much about swamp-thing and man-thing, but Hashirama should at least be third.

His plants have the ability to quickly absorb energy from people. Absorbing Island level power with a simple touch to the head.

He can instantly make several wooden clones of himself that can do everything he can.

He can easily create entire forests of trees that stretch off into the distance, controlling their growth with all possible finesse.

He can easily make all of said forest of trees spew out poisonous sleep-inducing toxins.

He can make a tree-golem large enough to fight Godzilla-scale monsters and catch mountain-busting blasts like footballs. It takes him less then a second.

By taking a second to empower himself, he can make a giant wooden thousand-handed Buddha capable of attacking you with several thousand wooden hands, each as large as mountains. His Godzilla-scale golem can fit comfortably on this buddha's head.

And if we're also counting non-wood related abilities, he is as fast as lightning. He had abnormal physical strength even among the Narutoverse. He was capable of healing without weaving hand signs. He was a highly proficient user of numerous weapons (which he keeps in a pocket-dimension in a scroll on his back). He could cast illusions that completely debilitated his opponent's sense of sight. He can do all of that standard ninja stuff, and he's the reincarnation of a demigod.

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gotoucanario:

I don't think Swamp Thing can be sealed, he can regenerate as long as there plant life anywhere in the universe.

We're pretty sure sealing transports you to a pocket dimension. Can his teleportation escape those?

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know too much about swamp-thing and man-thing, but Hashirama should at least be third.

His plants have the ability to quickly absorb energy from people. Absorbing Island level power with a simple touch to the head.

He can instantly make several wooden clones of himself that can do everything he can.

He can easily create entire forests of trees that stretch off into the distance, controlling their growth with all possible finesse.

He can easily make all of said forest of trees spew out poisonous sleep-inducing toxins.

He can make a tree-golem large enough to fight Godzilla-scale monsters and catch mountain-busting blasts like footballs. It takes him less then a second.

By taking a second to empower himself, he can make a giant wooden thousand-handed Buddha capable of attacking you with several thousand wooden hands, each as large as mountains. His Godzilla-scale golem can fit comfortably on this buddha's head.

And if we're also counting non-wood related abilities, he is as fast as lightning. He had abnormal physical strength even among the Narutoverse. He was capable of healing without weaving hand signs. He was a highly proficient user of numerous weapons (which he keeps in a sub-dimension in a scroll on his back). He could cast illusions that completely debilitated his opponent's sense of sight. He can do all of that standard ninja stuff, and he's the reincarnation of a demigod.

well said.

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sladerulez:

well said.

More to the point, whats up with this thread?

We all know Hashirama is both powerful, versatile and hype as f***, but why bring this up and talk about it now?

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gnomishness: other than Hashirama, Ivy, and swamp thing, I don't really know any plant related characters. I wanted to see what people would bring up.

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gnomishness: I plan on doing earth characters next, then water.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Gotoucanario

@gnomishness said:

@gotoucanario:

We're pretty sure sealing transports you to a pocket dimension. Can his teleportation escape those?

I am not sure I am not too knowledgeable about it but apparently swamp things mind resides in The Green which is a force that connects all plant life which is why he can reform, what I question is whether or not his conciousness would be trapped as well or just his current body.

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gotoucanario:

apparently swamp things mind resides in The Green which is a force that connects all plant life

Yeah. That would just about do it.

In Naruto terms, his real body is elsewhere and he only operates through clones. An unoriginal but incredibly effective tactic.

Forgive my curiosity, but does "The Green" exist somewhere physically, is it some sort of alternate dimension/state of reality or is this just a fancy way of saying "Swamp thing lives in every plant"?

TinyFord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44  Edited By TinyFord

Me in plants vs zombies

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Swamp Thing & Man-Thing

LordWhiskers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Biollante

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Thekillerklok
@gotoucanario said:
@sladerulez said:

Can't Be sealed you say? Meng Hao begs to differ. (sorry I just can't help myself.)

detacude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By detacude

Azami from Ninja Scroll (the series) would give Poison Ivy a run for her money

Swamp Thing/Man Thing

Hashirama Senju

Cenarius (Wow)

Kurama