• 132 results
#1 Edited by modernww2fare (7009 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#2 Edited by mrmonster (14142 posts) - - Show Bio

3. Thor: Ragnarok. Sure it's a funny movie, but is it really among the MCU's best?

2. Iron Man. I think people give it way too much credit just because it started the MCU. I think if it came later it wouldn't be nearly as beloved.

1. Avengers: Infinity War. I loved the movie, I really did, but people have been saying it's better than Logan or The Dark Knight, which I think majorly overrates it.

If I were to pick the most underrated movie, I'd pick Doctor Strange. Benedict Cumberbatch gave one of the best performances in all of the MCU. I've never understood why so many people think it's just an average superhero movie.

Avatar image for the_man_with_questions
#3 Posted by The_Man_With_Questions (2707 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther, Infinity War, and Guardians of the Galaxy 2. I like IM3 more than most people (I understand why many dislike it though), and I also believe that Captain America: TFA was above average.

#4 Posted by RukelnikovFTW (6130 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther...

Thats it

#5 Posted by King_Nomarch (2115 posts) - - Show Bio

Ragnarok

Homecoming

Iron Man

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba513314c41c
#6 Edited by deactivated-5ba513314c41c (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

guardians of the galaxy 1 + 2 because it felt like disney movies for kids

and deadpool. nice marketing tho

#7 Posted by modernww2fare (7009 posts) - - Show Bio

@t6 said:

That's not part of the MCU

#8 Edited by Thedarkking25 (1155 posts) - - Show Bio

Homecoming- it was average as hell noting good about but vulture, Peter being 15 again is a step back, I expected him to be better then Andrew but doesn't come close to his level of charisma doesn't and the action was garbage

Ragnarok- meh, not even that great

Black Panther- I mean it's average again

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba513314c41c
#9 Edited by deactivated-5ba513314c41c (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

@modernww2fare said:
@t6 said:

That's notpart of the MCU yet

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#10 Posted by MonsterStomp (36660 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor Ragnarok

Black Panther

#11 Posted by SaintWildcard (21645 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther

Avengers- Now, in recent years many look back and see that it's not as epic as they thought but I always thought it was an average movie.

Guardians

#12 Posted by byrd42 (781 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther (which I liked) is by far the most over rated. I also feel that Iron Man 3 is over rated just because it isn't generally considered the worst (other than the Universal Hulk movie).

#13 Posted by AngelJax (11402 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther

Iron Man

Avengers (to an extent)

#14 Posted by santiagomormon (132 posts) - - Show Bio

Black panther, Thor ragnarok and infinity war

#15 Posted by Worldofthunder (5055 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther

Avengers IW

Civil War

#16 Edited by adamTRMM (8931 posts) - - Show Bio

Panther, Ragnarok and IW. And I liked IW... a first MCU movie I really liked in a while actually. But all these calls of it as of masterpiece. lolz

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65
#17 Posted by deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65 (4972 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Gaoron (7854 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by g2_ (11241 posts) - - Show Bio

Ragnarok

Homecoming

Iron Man

Homecoming is one of the most hated CBMs on this site, how is it overrated?

#20 Posted by g2_ (11241 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther is very overrated.

#21 Posted by JakeFuryV2 (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

GOTG 2

Ragnarok

Iron Man 3

Avatar image for _kingoflatveria
#22 Edited by _KingofLatveria (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers no contest

#23 Posted by Kevd4wg (12216 posts) - - Show Bio

If everyone is saying BP is overrated is it really overrated?

GOTG 2 - The worst MCU movie yet for some reason gets overlooked in favor of Iron Man 2 and 3, which are much better

Avengers 1 - It's good, fun movie, but there's not a lot too it

Infinity War - I love this movie, it's fantastic one of the best in the MCU, but it's not on the level of TDK.

#24 Posted by King_Nomarch (2115 posts) - - Show Bio

@g2_: That’s on this site but on others it’s the greatest Spider-Man movie of all time and one the MCUs top 5.

#25 Edited by cattlebattle (17504 posts) - - Show Bio

Pffftt....Black Panther. Holy God, you would think this was movie was the biggest cultural achievement that ever existed the way people talked about it. When the reality is that although it isn't terrible, it's isn't all that great either. Just sort of generic. The guy who plays Black Panther is charisma-less, the villain is basically Black Twitter come to life, the sister is sort of racist and the only sort of likable character was the girl from Th Walking Dead, which is likely why she had the most spotlight in Infinity War among the Wakandans.

There was also parts of it that were laughably bad. It was almost like a racist dude made this movie to poke fun at Africans. Why does this super advanced society still have primitive practices, cultural facets and mindsets?? Like why do they have grasshut skyscrapers?? It just seemed really goofy in certain aspects. It's also sort of insulting considering that when Kirby and Lee created Wakanda, the world wasn't as small as it is now, I feel like putting the most advanced society in the world in a part of the world that has the highest poverty and violence and all other sorts of problems would be as weird as if you made the most fictionally advanced society in the US be in rural Appalachia with skyscrapers made of double wides or something.

The first Avengers is another one that did well because it was successful attempt at crossing over super heroes for a massive team up. Other than that, it's as pretty bland film. It looks like a really expensive TV movie with no real impressive camera work or cinematography, a lot of the costumes look silly, the plot is basic and seems like it was crafted by a first year creative writing student, and Whedon's dialogue just makes every character seem sort of petty, snarky and annoying.

Captain America: Winter Soldier is another one people go ape shit over that I have never understood why really. Yes, I will concede that the action scenes in it are amazing but the plot and events are so juvenile. It's like the pre-shcool version of The Manchurian Candidate in many ways. Cap learns everything he needs to know conveniently from a television screen in a bunker, Hydra magically had infiltrated and took over SHIELD with out any real explanation as to how, Bucky's Cold War roots are barely mentioned or brought up despite his name and huge honking red star on his shoulder. It always just seemed like a sophisticated idea for a film that was tremendously dumbed down.

#26 Posted by The_Badman (2725 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Iron Boy: Homecoming Spider-man: Homecoming - Turned Peter into Tony's sidekick even though it tried to show the exact opposite.
  2. Thor: Ragnarok - Comedy does not necessarily mean good. Hemsworth's Thor was perfect in the 1st film but here, he was a joke. Nothing like the comics. Don't even get me started about Loki.
  3. Civil War - Good movie, but far from the best. Not even in top 10. And people claimed it was the greatest of all time.
#27 Posted by Jgames (7972 posts) - - Show Bio

At least on comic vine, Thor since it was hamper by the human character, and is a bit forgettable.

Avenger since is a fun popcorn movie, but aside for the gimmick of seeing all the superhero coming together, there were no real stake or character development.

That all I got.

#28 Posted by WhyZoSerious (1613 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther. The rest of their good movies are worth the hype.

#29 Posted by g2_ (11241 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_nomarch: Well, good to know. Thanks for the telling me. The movie is really hated in this site. Shame.

#30 Edited by RukelnikovFTW (6130 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:

Panther, Ragnarok and IW. And I liked IW... a first MCU movie I really liked in a while actually. But all these calls of it as of masterpiece. lolz

I haven't seen many of these, only the odd here and there. I get the feeling the consensus is not that its a masterpiece.

#31 Posted by RukelnikovFTW (6130 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg said:

GOTG 2 - The worst MCU movie yet for some reason gets overlooked in favor of Iron Man 2 and 3, which are much better

Infinity War - I love this movie, it's fantastic one of the best in the MCU, but it's not on the level of TDK.

Its not, its above, but in this site TDK is the most overrated CBM by far.

#32 Posted by Kevd4wg (12216 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by AlexTheBoss (16276 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther

Then maybe winter soldier and civil war.

#34 Posted by Aka_aka_aka_ak (2874 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Winter Soldier
  2. Infinity War
  3. Black Panther
#35 Posted by byrd42 (781 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg said:

Its not, its above, but in this site TDK is the most overrated CBM by far.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Infinity War is on a level above TDK.

#36 Posted by incursion2 (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Black Panther, but I still really enjoyed it.

#37 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (3599 posts) - - Show Bio

Most overrated ?

Black Panther. I mean it was good but not this incredible masterpiece.

Most underrated?

Dr Strange. Benedict did a fantastic job.

#38 Posted by Darah (161 posts) - - Show Bio

Civil War, Winter Soilder, Black Panther.

#39 Posted by Mutant1230 (6286 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Captain America: The First Avenger

#40 Posted by LEGACY6364 (7441 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther (2018)

Avengers (2012)

Thor Ragnarok (2017)

#41 Posted by TheyCallMeBT (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

The Avengers is the only MCU film I feel is overrated, Black Panther is too but only slightly.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
#42 Posted by TheAmazingSpidey (17414 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Iron Man: It's a solid film, but I don't get why it's considered amongst the best of the MCU. The movie's success rides on Robert Downey Jr's great performance, but the second-half of the film is repetitive and forgettable. And if I want to see RDJ, there are other, better MCU films I can rewatch.
  2. GoTG Vol. 2: I know most people consider it a "solid, if disappoint sequel", but I'd go as far as to say it's only truly bad MCU film. The humour is dizzyingly used, the character-development is egregious, the performance are subpar, the dialogue is bad and the pacing is even worst.
  3. Black Panther: Allow me to explain myself. I do not think Black Panther is overrated by audiences. I do however, think it is overrated by critics. It's the best reviewed MCU movie. IMO, it's solid, but Avengers, Iron Man 3, The Winter Soldier, GoTG, Civil War, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Thor: Ragnarok and Infinity War are all better. But honestly, it's a stretch for me to call this overrated, as I do think it's great and I get why it is praised (the music, villain, visuals and worldbuilding were great, and it dealt with some intelligent themes, especially for an MCU movie, but I definitely think Infinity War exceeds it in depth).
#43 Edited by RukelnikovFTW (6130 posts) - - Show Bio

@theamazingspidey said:
  1. Iron Man: It's a solid film, but I don't get why it's considered amongst the best of the MCU. The movie's success rides on Robert Downey Jr's great performance, but the second-half of the film is repetitive and forgettable. And if I want to see RDJ, there are other, better MCU films I can rewatch.
  2. GoTG Vol. 2: I know most people consider it a "solid, if disappoint sequel", but I'd go as far as to say it's only truly bad MCU film. The humour is dizzyingly used, the character-development is egregious, the performance are subpar, the dialogue is bad and the pacing is even worst.
  3. Black Panther: Allow me to explain myself. I do not think Black Panther is overrated by audiences. I do however, think it is overrated by critics. It's the best reviewed MCU movie. IMO, it's solid, but Avengers, Iron Man 3, The Winter Soldier, GoTG, Civil War, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Thor: Ragnarok and Infinity War are all better. But honestly, it's a stretch for me to call this overrated, as I do think it's great and I get why it is praised (the music, villain, visuals and worldbuilding were great, and it dealt with some intelligent themes, especially for an MCU movie, but I definitely think Infinity War exceeds it in depth).

I mostly agree on everything here, though I wouldn't call GoTG 2 "bad" it is very weak indeed.

I think Iron Man gets some bonus points for having started the whole MCU, but yeah, it gets a bit more praise than it deserves.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
#44 Posted by TheAmazingSpidey (17414 posts) - - Show Bio

@theamazingspidey said:

I mostly agree on everything here.

I think Iron Man gets some bonus points for having started the whole MCU, but yeah, it gets a bit more praise than it deserves.

Agreed. That's definitely a big part of it.

#45 Posted by BullPR (5762 posts) - - Show Bio

BP

Civil War

#46 Posted by HeroUp2112 (18044 posts) - - Show Bio

Pffftt....Black Panther. Holy God, you would think this was movie was the biggest cultural achievement that ever existed the way people talked about it. When the reality is that although it isn't terrible, it's isn't all that great either. Just sort of generic. The guy who plays Black Panther is charisma-less, the villain is basically Black Twitter come to life, the sister is sort of racist and the only sort of likable character was the girl from Th Walking Dead, which is likely why she had the most spotlight in Infinity War among the Wakandans.

There was also parts of it that were laughably bad. It was almost like a racist dude made this movie to poke fun at Africans. Why does this super advanced society still have primitive practices, cultural facets and mindsets?? Like why do they have grasshut skyscrapers?? It just seemed really goofy in certain aspects. It's also sort of insulting considering that when Kirby and Lee created Wakanda, the world wasn't as small as it is now, I feel like putting the most advanced society in the world in a part of the world that has the highest poverty and violence and all other sorts of problems would be as weird as if you made the most fictionally advanced society in the US be in rural Appalachia with skyscrapers made of double wides or something.

The first Avengers is another one that did well because it was successful attempt at crossing over super heroes for a massive team up. Other than that, it's as pretty bland film. It looks like a really expensive TV movie with no real impressive camera work or cinematography, a lot of the costumes look silly, the plot is basic and seems like it was crafted by a first year creative writing student, and Whedon's dialogue just makes every character seem sort of petty, snarky and annoying.

Captain America: Winter Soldier is another one people go ape shit over that I have never understood why really. Yes, I will concede that the action scenes in it are amazing but the plot and events are so juvenile. It's like the pre-shcool version of The Manchurian Candidate in many ways. Cap learns everything he needs to know conveniently from a television screen in a bunker, Hydra magically had infiltrated and took over SHIELD with out any real explanation as to how, Bucky's Cold War roots are barely mentioned or brought up despite his name and huge honking red star on his shoulder. It always just seemed like a sophisticated idea for a film that was tremendously dumbed down.

The deuce you say! May your name be stricken from the histories! No songs will ever be sung in your name! Let every trace of your name and lineage be turned to ash! Your cattle and stock be turned loose into your fields so that they may sicken and die that they may befoul no other beasts with your putridity! Fie upon you!Fie I say!

Look not back upon this...your place of former glory. We know you not...

#47 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (7812 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor Ragnarok

Black Panther

lmao was just about to say the exact same

#48 Posted by Necromancer76 (3767 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by Brainiactic (265 posts) - - Show Bio

Ragnarok and Homecoming come to mind instantly.

#50 Posted by Jgames (7972 posts) - - Show Bio

@theamazingspidey: is cool if you hate GOTG 2 bc opinion and stuff, but Iron Man 2 is the truly a bad marvel movie, and just a bad movie in general.

Actually I said Iron Man 2 is overrated in the fact that is not hated more.