Titans is heading to Netflix for International Viewers (Plus new trailer)

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Because DC Universe is not available in all countries yet, Titans will be available exclusively on Netflix for viewers outside the United States.

Click here to read more

And also...

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Dang, that’s cool news. Here’s hoping they get the whole season up on Netflix as soon as it finishes its weekly run. I’m going overseas for a couple of weeks during Xmas; that’d be the perfect time to binge-watch this show. I know it’s gotten a very polarizing early response from the trailers and stills, but I’m still hyped.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Great, that means there will be "ways" to watch the show and see if it's worth the expense.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smart move. Don't region lock your fans outside the US. But once they get the proper licensing, expect this shift to Netflix to stop imo.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it is an especially smart move on Netflix's part, because their deal with Marvel will sure as heck not be renewed once it expires. Maybe this could lead to a larger deal between Netflix and Warner Bros.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exporting trash doesn't change the commodity...

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I actually paid for the app... still haven't used it though

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

That trailer was actually better.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Richubs

Wow

So Starfire is going to look like that. The same hair and costume throughout. That's terrible.

Anna Diop is a good looking woman but here she actually looks like a hooker.

Beast Boy's effects don't look very good.

And I think Dick Grayson having different thoughts on how to do things is more of a Jason Todd thing.

mega6382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs said:

Wow

So Starfire is going to look like that. The same hair and costume throughout. That's terrible.

Beast Boy's effects don't look very good.

And I think Dick Grayson having different thoughts on Joe to do things is more of a Jason Todd thing.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since when is Starfire a black hooker?

I've seen defamation of source material before but that's just f***** up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb
deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How does Starfire looked like that ??? that's terrible ....

Guess Starfire and Dick Grayson will look great XD

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

As a european this is conve ient for me and the show kinda since I sure would not check this out if I needed to get an additional streaming service for it, but if I was from the US this would probably piss me off with all those additional streaming service required to watch certain shows that the rest of the world gets on netflix.

Shadowwaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People need to realize that Starfire isn't a black hooker. She is a orange stripper. Geez people...they are different skin tones and different professions.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Well, I guess I am going to have to get Netflix then.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've seriously never understood this complaint. In both trailers she's dressed more conservatively than she does in the actual comics.

Y2G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they just hadn't botched Starfire's look in the worst way possible people might give this a chance.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65
deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still looks just as terrible.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@aros001 said:
@legacy6364 said:

I've seriously never understood this complaint. In both trailers she's dressed more conservatively than she does in the actual comics.

I don't think the actual complaints are about her actually looking like a hooker because starfire isn't know for dressing modestly, I think it's the fact that she looks nothing like her comic counterpart like at all.

Skardas_Videk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just hoping it doesn't end up like Arrow and Flash. Start off great and become terrible

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aros001 said:
@legacy6364 said:

It's a question of part comicbook puritanism and part good old fashioned racism... because the orange alien couldn't possibly be portrayed by a black woman! O.o

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Yeah, doubt puritanism and racism have much to do with the hate she receives. I mean, she objectively looks bad. Don't think I've seen anyone liking what they have done to her.

FangDaNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Less edge, less blood, and less f batman... so it's definitely a improvement over the last one.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By legacy6364

@outside_85 said:
@aros001 said:
@legacy6364 said:

It's a question of part comicbook puritanism and part good old fashioned racism... because the orange alien couldn't possibly be portrayed by a black woman! O.o

First of all I'm black, so don't use that race card s***.

Second my complaint is that she looks nothing like her character. What's the point in creating an adaptation of a character if says character doesn't even resemble the source material. They were better off creating a new character.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb
deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legacy6364: Looks like someone did munbo jumbo on her red curly hair and seeing Grayson with Startfire looked horrible compared to their comic counterparts ....

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:
@aros001 said:
@legacy6364 said:

First of all I'm black, so don't use that race card s***.

Second they made an effort to make all the other characters look like their comic counter part. My complaint is that she looks nothing like her character. What's the point in creating an adaptation of a character if says character doesn't even resemble the source material. They were better off creating a new character.

So is Kayne West and he is arguing for the abolishment of the amendment that banned slavery, so dont be a dimwit like him.

Did they? I dont remember Beastboy being white with green hair, or Raven coloring hers to make it somewhat purple. She looks nothing like it, because what they are doing is an adaptation not a 1:1 scale model and all of them show off more comicbook-accurate looks during these clips we've seen..

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By legacy6364

@outside_85: I edited my statement when I posted it. Robin is the only character that looks somewhat the part.

I'm responding to your statement implying that i'm i'm part comicbook puritanism and part good old fashioned racist.

Going by your logic they might as well make Batman black, and anyone who complains about it is a purist old fashion racist.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biswaboxz: I edited my statement when I posted it.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: I edited my statement when I posted it. Robin is the only character that looks somewhat the part.

I'm responding to your statement implying that i'm i'm part comicbook puritanism and part good old fashioned racism.

Going by your logic they might as well make Batman black, and anyone who complains about it is a purist old fashion racist.

He is also the only one of the group that's confirmed to be 'active' as a hero right now, Raven is a runaway, the Doom Patrol doesn't seem to exist and Starfire either just escaped or landed on Earth.

It's the only people who appear to have an issue to with Starfire, people who complain she isn't orange and people who complain about how she's dressed... as if they were getting cheated out of her usual skimy attire.

I Batman an alien powered by the sun's radiation? No? Then try again.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legacy6364 said:

I'm responding to your statement implying that i'm i'm part comicbook puritanism and part good old fashioned racism.

they might as well make Batman black, and anyone who complains about it is a purist old fashion racist.

He is also the only one of the group that's confirmed to be 'active' as a hero right now, Raven is a runaway, the Doom Patrol doesn't seem to exist and Starfire either just escaped or landed on Earth.

It's the only people who appear to have an issue to with Starfire, people who complain she isn't orange and people who complain about how she's dressed... as if they were getting cheated out of her usual skimy attire.

I Batman an alien powered by the sun's radiation? No? Then try again.

I understand where you're coming from, but Starfire isn't only issue.

Once again, going by your logic i'm part purist and part old fashion racist because I want my characters to look like the characters.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once again, going by your logic i'm part purist and part old fashion racist because I want my characters to look like the characters.

And I am sure those issues are very interesting, but they are not here right now.

A puritan, certainly. Racist, maybe not, but you are not exactly saying anything about why Diop couldn't play the part.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And I am sure those issues are very interesting, but they are not here right now.

A puritan, certainly. Racist, maybe not, but you are not exactly saying anything about why Diop couldn't play the part.

I'm not a prideful individual. I can concede to being wrong when proven wrong. I haven't seen the show yet. For all I know it surpass my expectations. I simply found the Trailers and the look of the characters upsetting. I suppose I am a bit of a purist.

It was your racism statement that got under my skin. But I see now that your statement was held with no malicious intent.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:

I'm not a prideful individual. I can concede to being wrong when proven wrong. I haven't seen the show yet. For all I know it surpass my expectations. I simply found the Trailers and the look of the characters upsetting. I suppose I am a bit of a purist.

It was your racism statement that got under my skin. But I see now that your statement was held with no malicious intent.

Thank you. We will move on from this.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DreadDormammu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still looks terrible.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

Why are people's standards so low nowadays? This is the definition of dead on arrival.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@aros001 said:
@legacy6364 said:

to be fair, my black roommate wanted a hot redhead with fiery effects on her hair, the curly hair just doesn't look right for starfire

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool, now there is more ways for me to not watch this ;D

PrimelyGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By PrimelyGreat

Starfire...

No Caption Provided

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe it is the hair and fur coat that make Starfire's ensemble look awful.

The_Badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its Starfire's hair which bothers me most. This trailer is better than the first one though.