Does anyone agree with this?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1e5b9f31ff6
deactivated-5c1e5b9f31ff6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've heard nothing but positive things about it.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it but it's not for everyone. I'm definitely satisfied with the action and the powers. I will say that Doom Patrol has more of my interest currently, which is weird but they made such a good impression.

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I like it but it's not for everyone. I'm definitely satisfied with the action and the powers. I will say that Doom Patrol has more of my interest currently, which is weird but they made such a good impression.

Titans isn't necessarily bad, and I never said it was. However, it's literally exactly what would happen if the original cartoon moved to HBO.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

No I don't and people only call it grotty when they compare to a y7 cartoon. Honestly it's not anymore darker than the Netflix marvel shows. The only thing about it is they say the f word.

Hell if you look at the comics it's practically that action wise but it looks more hardcore in live action

The_Badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The bothersome thing about Titans is that Dick Grayson is a sadist psycho and Starfire kills innocent cops and law enforcers with a smile. The show is good but for someone like me, the characterizations are too different from the comics.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's actually pretty great.

Sure it's not the PG show I saw as a kid but it's definitely far from typical. I like how Dick is trying so hard not to be Robin and how when he found out Jason was the new kid, he got kinda jealous of him, it adds depth. Starfire is a bit trigger happy but it's kinda understandable

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9
deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I understand the hate. I tried to watch the first few episodes. My only problem is that DC producers seem to repeat this rhetoric that mature content and grit must equate to depth. You can have both a gritty depthless flick, which is what we saw with some dc properties or you can have a fun happy but depth filled shows, which is also seen in some dc properties.

At the same time though, as DC fans goes, we should be okay with seeing different takes of our favourite characters. We have been exposed to different universes soo much that it's actually okay for us to see different renditions.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@solar_nerd: Did you ever end up watching it with your brother?

Jordyn_Hill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jordyn_Hill

One of my favorite shows and easily has the second best onscreen portrayal of Batman ever. So....come at me

P.S. Starfire use to murk people all the time. It took teaming up with the Titans to even curb her views on taking life. Read Wolfman's run if you need receipts.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9
deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

It might be that but it is a much better show than most CB shows airing right now on TV.

P.S. People need to get over the animated show already. Of course the characters are going to be different. Hell, even the cartoon wasn't faithful to the comics.

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't stand to look at Starfire, so I've opt out of watching the show until I can get 100% confirmation that the plot is superb.

kroczilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alavanka: the plot is superb ?

Seriously though, I really enjoyed the show. Might be because I went in with very low expectations though?

The characters aren't all like their comic counterparts (particularly Dick Grayson) but I'm always up for a fresh take as long as it works well with the plot.

IMO, it's not as good as the top tier Netflix marvel series (I. E. Punisher, S1. Daredevil etc.) but it's definitely worth giving a try.

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing annoying about the series is DC has a weird dark/gritty-tone fetish.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By helloman

Not me.

CyberpunkCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was good

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20 the_stegman  Moderator

It's actually a great show, especially the Hawk and Dove stuff. Like someone else said, it's no worse than Daredevil.

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By solar_nerd
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 the_stegman  Moderator

@solar_nerd: I dunno man, the Titans always dealt with some pretty serious stuff. The way they show it makes sense. Being the daughter of a demon for instance doesn't exactly lend to laughs.

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's dark and it's awesome and I am hyped for next episode.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 the_stegman  Moderator
Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it.

Unusedusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its one of the few DCTV shows I like besides Gotham, Krypton and Black Lightning. The show's elements rips straight from Johns' run (which is a no brainer since he's running the show lol). My only problem with it is the creepy relationship they are trying to build up with Rachel and Garfield (which I hope is changed in season 2 with maybe introducing a character like Terra in the mix).

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RBT

The show is great. And that's enough for me.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s not that’s its dark and gritty but that it try’s to hard to be dark and gritty and comes off as cringeworthy.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Wolfrazer
@unusedusername said:

My only problem with it is the creepy relationship they are trying to build up with Rachel and Garfield (which I hope is changed in season 2 with maybe introducing a character like Terra in the mix).

I can agree with that, I never really felt their relationship in the comics, it just felt really odd. I mean maybe writers were thinking to balance out Raven's darkness with BB's humor and love...which I guess I could see? But they have to be in a relationship for that?

Of course BB's relationship with Terra wasn't really one either...so can't really say much on that Pre-52 wise anyway.

The Ravagers storyline for the N52 was pretty good and actually showed BB/Terra as in an actual relationship, which I loved. But of course that series just went nowhere and that aggravated the hell out of me, that and Slade ruined everything.

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only dislike the character Starfire. The rest is fine, but it's kinda dark.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 the_stegman  Moderator

@unusedusername said:

My only problem with it is the creepy relationship they are trying to build up with Rachel and Garfield (which I hope is changed in season 2 with maybe introducing a character like Terra in the mix).

I can agree with that, I never really felt their relationship in the comics, it just felt really odd. I mean maybe writers were thinking to balance out Raven's darkness with BB's humor and love...which I guess I could see? But they have to be in a relationship for that?

Of course BB's relationship with Terra wasn't really one either...so can't really say much on that Pre-52 wise anyway.

The Ravagers storyline for the N52 was pretty good and actually showed BB/Terra as in an actual relationship, which I loved. But of course that series just went nowhere and that aggravated the hell out of me, that and Slade ruined everything.

I thought that he just meant that in the show, BB looks to be much older than Raven. Lol

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its Dark, but good.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman: I can't really tell tbh, /shrug.

I can, and it's kinda distracting. Even irl, the actress playing Raven is 14 and the actor who plays Garfield is 23

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: ....Well then.....yeah, that is bothering then!

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not bad. I enjoyed it enough.

The last episode was a weird way to end the season. It was kinda cool I guess but it's odd.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea I thought this was the case from the trailer but upon actually watching the show I completely changed my opinion. It's pretty good, dark and violent, but not unnecessarily cynical. Just like the comics.

I also loved how they did Doom Patrol. Robotman in particular looks superb.

Yea I have really no complaints about the show to be honest. Wasn't perfect, but it was damn fun.

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x: what? can't you see this forced gritty-dark tone? it's not bad at all but this used it way too much, just look at Grayson, such a sadistic jerk with a dark persona, it's exactly against his comic counterpart.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@michaelbn: you meant against the most popular version of his counterpart. Dick was similar to this when he led the outsiders and this isn't even the first series to make Dick more Serious, that would be the beloved cartoon everyone raves about.

There is nothing more adult or gritty about this series compared to the marvel Netflix shows other than the fact they drop the f bomb.

I also implore you to go read some of the classic Titans stories. Dick was far from this loveable playboy with a heart of gold

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only question I have, since I’m not getting that streaming service until the entire 3rd season of young justice is out, is this:

Is the show actually good cause it’s good, or good because it turned out better than people had thought it’d be (low expectations and what not)? Know what I mean?

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x: He is nearly beyond those, I know Dick so well, he wasn't the golden boi but this someone sometimes do things a bit out of character. This show sometimes goes a bit too far, and I don't remember anything about adult things, just some out of control gritty scenes, overall it really reminds me of Judas Contract for some reason.