Tired Of Aliens Attacking Earth In Movies...

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lorbo

Yes I am... and that includes Zod and Faeora in Man Of Steel. I don't know what ridiculous reason they will come up with for attacking people and blasting buildings but I'm sure they will find one.

I know action movies need action, but for once give me a legit reason! Not oh you guys are inferior, or some other lame reason.

If Zod and Faeora attack Earth so as force to Superman to join them, that's just stupid. What did you think was gonna happen? Supes was gonna join you after you trashed his adopted world? Didn't think so.

We have had so many aliens attack Earth movies it's not even funny. Don't you think there are other places, places more important or worthwhile to spend their time than EARTH?

I write fiction as an amateur and guess what? My aliens don't really care about Earth much, in fact, I intend for some of the heaviest action to occur on a world they actually care about. The humans only matter because a few get aboard for the ride.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2 JediXMan  Moderator

What else are aliens supposed to do? Even aliens need to have a hobby.

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LaserLambert

They need a new planet, theirs blew up, and on this one, they can fly/shoot lasers/move faster than a speeding bullet etc.

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman:

Plenty... don't you think aliens should have problems of their own to fix? Especially if they are anything like us? And in movies they usually are.

What do aliens do in their spare time? Trust me they have fun, with advanced tech their are plenty of ways to have fun. All the ways humans would have fun in they had the tech to do it.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Superman villains are better when there aliens

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft:

True... I guess what I'm saying is that Superman or heroes should leave Earth for once.

I have had more blowed buildings than I can stomach, It's getting old. Never thought I'd say that but I did.

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movies are less racist when the enemy are space aliens.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8 JediXMan  Moderator

On a serious note, it's not too unrealistic. The reason aliens conquer in movies is because it is a reflection of how Europeans reacted to the discovery of new civilizations. Science fiction movies are often a parody of this act.

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman:

It's no so unrealistic as it is illogical. Especially when it's just you TWO people vs a planet AND and a guy who can beat you. That's where the lack of reality comes into play.

If I were Zod, I would lie low, make a bunch of babies with Faora and then, AND ONLY then, would I strike. Because I would have an army. Unless of course they fixed the plot so that he and Faora aren't capable of that thanks to being genetically engineered.

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lorbo said:

Yes I am... and that includes Zod and Faeora in Man Of Steel. I don't know what ridiculous reason they will come up with for attacking people and blasting buildings but I'm sure they will find one.

I know action movies need action, but for once give me a legit reason! Not oh you guys are inferior, or some other lame reason.

If Zod and Faeora attack Earth so as force to Superman to join them, that's just stupid. What did you think was gonna happen? Supes was gonna join you after you trashed his adopted world? Didn't think so.

We have had so many aliens attack Earth movies it's not even funny. Don't you think there are other places, places more important or worthwhile to spend their time than EARTH?

I write fiction as an amateur and guess what? My aliens don't really care about Earth much, in fact, I intend for some of the heaviest action to occur on a world they actually care about. The humans only matter because a few get aboard for the ride.

I think the reason that they're destroying the earth is because Kal didn't join them, not they're destroying the earth so Kal will join them. But then again isn't that Silver Surfer's origin?

Also they probably chose Earth since it's more habitable and closer to the sun that any other planets, why the hell would they invade Neptune? It's freaking ice C\cold there, and Uranus' name will make them the butt of all jokes (Pun intended), why the hell would they go to Mars? That place is a freaking desert.

Also compared to some aliens on the DC Universe, Earth seems the weakest.

@lorbo said:

@jedixman:

Plenty... don't you think aliens should have problems of their own to fix? Especially if they are anything like us? And in movies they usually are.

What do aliens do in their spare time? Trust me they have fun, with advanced tech their are plenty of ways to have fun. All the ways humans would have fun in they had the tech to do it.

This one is more based on Alien attack movies in general, most of the time their problem is either one of these (I might be wrong since the latest Alien movie I watched is "The Watch")

1. Their empire needs a larger domain and more slaves, Earth seems to fit their standards.

2. They come to invade our planet because their's has been so polluted and inhabitable

3. They're evil and stuff

4. We unknowingly held hostage one of their eggs and they come back to take it, us having no knowledge of the situation, think we are being invaded and attack them. BAM! War

5. Our planet holds a mineral with incredible power that they came here to gather it, we attack them.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@lorbo: Maybe if Superman does well they'll make a movie when he goes into space, that would be cool. But I think it was kind of corny having Zod send out a video like that saying "your not alone" Seems like a hacker type thing thats been done 100x. But other than that I think this movie will be awesome.

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LaserLambert
@lorbo said:

@jedixman:

It's no so unrealistic as it is illogical. Especially when it's just you TWO people vs a planet AND and a guy who can beat you. That's where the lack of reality comes into play.

If I were Zod, I would lie low, make a bunch of babies with Faora and then, AND ONLY then, would I strike. Because I would have an army. Unless of course they fixed the plot so that he and Faora aren't capable of that thanks to being genetically engineered.

No Caption Provided

what are you talking about?

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laserlambert:

Whaa? I didn't see any extra help on Earth. i assumed that is Krypton pic.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lorbo said:

It's implied on Man of Steel's Krypton, natural reproduction is illegal: Everyone is genetically engineered to suit their station in life. For example, the military class is engineered to be the best soldiers of Krypton, etc. Not to mention, it's not JUST Zod and Faora. Maybe you missed ALL THOSE OTHER KRYPTONIANS WITH THEM. Check the latest trailer. Zod's rolling with his crew, all of which are most likely genetically modified as well to be perfect soldiers.

Now look at this from their point of view: You have weaponry that makes the human's best weaponry look like chew toys. On their planet, you'll have powers unlike anything they've ever seen, powers that make you so physically superior to them that you could singlehandedly face down an entire army of theirs, WITHOUT the aforementioned weaponry at your disposal. And I repeat, in addition to those powers, YOU AND EVERYONE UNDER YOUR COMMAND ARE LITERALLY BRED FOR WAR. It is LITERALLY the meaning for your existence. Not to mention the fact that since your planet is trashed, you have nothing left to lose.

And the only remaining Kryptonian standing in your way is some natural born gene-trash, whose barely had a classroom brawl, much less fought a war. Against an ARMY of your men and their weapons.

In what way is it illogical for Zod to assume his victory is assured?

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@lorbo: they want to ____ our women and men

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By trebean

@lorbo said:

@jedixman:

No Caption Provided

what are you talking about?

Is that Ursa on the left?

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe General Zod wants to make Kal-el into a sex slave.

PCN24454

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By PCN24454

this is zod that we're talking about

what did you think that he was going to do?

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's harder to make a worldly threat come from earth than from another planet. Say they're an alien and they can have ridiculous powers.If they're from earth, they tend to be weak.

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Just wait till Man of Steel 3. Doomsday will be the main villain, and he'll blow stuff up for no reason. It'll make the aliens seem reasonable. :P

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@lorbo: Well they've already made the reason for Zod's attack clear in the trailer. He wants to kill Superman as revenge on Jor-El which has kind of been his defining character trait since he was created. Would you rather Superman foil an insane real estate scheme again?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

How about Atlantis being the army the heroes has to fight? It could work in both a Avengers movie and a Justice League movie, IF there ever will be a JL movie, witch I doubt.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By SUNMAN

Guess the OP is a big fan of Avatar than.

Its a superhero/science fiction movie suspend belief. You can come up with tons of reasons for Aliens to invade

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#24  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

If Zod didn't invade Earth who would we all kneel to?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@nerx: They do in Invincible anyway.

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers