#1 Posted by The Libertine (21 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just throwing this out there as a hypothetical, would anybody want to see a thundercats movie?

Would it suck like my nightmares keep telling me transformers will?

#2 Posted by GL Bertron (3710 posts) - - Show Bio

I would watch it regardless. Both of them are icons from my childhood and I would watch them and enjoy it, even if they sucked. I just wouldn't watch them more than once if they sucked.

#3 Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio

I had the Panthro figure. Actually I still have his nun-chucks. I recently found a Mumm-ru but without his headdress. He looks funny. Those were the only ones I got for some reason.

A live version of Cheetarah...?

#4 Posted by The Libertine (21 posts) - - Show Bio

Panthro would dominate harder then the hulk, and Tygra is cooler then a sack full of Qui-Gon Jinn's. And lets ot even go into the dark, what was it Kevin Smith wrote in Clerks 2? 'interspecies relations'? Of Cheetara?!!?. It's a weird scenario to be in as a kid fancying a cartoon character, but you don't even know what fancyting is you'd just say their "aesthetically pleasing"

but you don't know what those words are. Women shouldn't be hot in cartoons, Jessica Rabbit, that warped my sense of females well into my teenage years.

#5 Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Edited:2007-04-20 22:08:42

#6 Posted by The Libertine (21 posts) - - Show Bio

Would you want to see it updated somewhat given a verisimilitude? like Batman Begins or maintain the "for kids" motif? i guess would you want it changed... developed to satisfy your now adult needs as a film viewer? i don't think i could watch Snarf for 90minutes-2hours?

#7 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

Panthro was the $#@!

#8 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

What was the name of the tank? Panthro didnt let nobody drive that thing but him.

#9 Posted by The Libertine (21 posts) - - Show Bio

It was the thundertank! it was amazing, the thundercats just put Thunder in front of everything.the thunder lair, Thundrilium.

#10 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO, thats right, I forgot all about that. Those Vikings, I think they were bad, I had the one with the massive hand, dammn I wish I was a kid sometimes.

#11 Posted by GL Bertron (3710 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they would gear up the movies to appeal to older crowds, so I would go for it. It would be nice to watch it and not feel childish, but not lose it's roots either. I would love it.

#12 Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio

I bought the first volume of season 1 on dvd. Those suckers are expensive. I've yet to watch it. Think I'm kinda afraid it won't be as good as it was back then. Plus there's the time issue I seem to have.

#13 Posted by Sling Shot (3859 posts) - - Show Bio

The Rock as liono

#14 Posted by Issa (129 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be cool. Who would play Cheetara?
Post Edited:2007-04-21 12:32:31

#15 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12343 posts) - - Show Bio

Thundercats kicked @$$ n i would say that Cheetara would either be Angelina Jolie, Jessica Alba, or Jessica Simpson.......Cheetara was hot and so should be the woman who plays her

#16 Posted by Sync (959 posts) - - Show Bio

Sling Shot says:

"The Rock as liono"

dont do that to thudercats, he would not make a goood lion-o, he can barely act.... and fight scecnes of horror wresting moves...ack...get a newbie, not rock

i think if they put time into it, and work,(cool fight scenes) than it would be a super hit...

i thinnk they could get away with a remix version of the thudercat beat too( rap or rock would work)

here are the picks so far, i added tony ja,(would cant act yet) and westly snipes for the thrill of fight scenes

jagura-o (or the guy before lion-o)

lion o-- rock

tigrea--- tony ja

cheetara---Angelina Jolie, Jessica Alba, or Jessica Simpson.......

pathro----- westly snipes

the wildly kids

snarf( the austin power midget) lol

whatbout the the second part( would this be a second movie?)

the old blind fighter...jet li( the ol kung fu fighters always make good blind men lol)or ( tailor form kungfu hustle)

the other girl..(i dont know)

and white tiger...( i dont know either)

#17 Posted by Prodigal Son (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's the star of the movie:

#18 Posted by GoocherLee (393 posts) - - Show Bio

You hack on the Rock not being able to act, and then you submit Jessica Simpson as Cheetarah??

Am I the only one who's seeing the irony in this?

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
#19 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19547 posts) - - Show Bio

I knew that was coming. (If it wasn't I was going to put it up.)

#20 Posted by GoocherLee (393 posts) - - Show Bio

Prurience Man says:

"Here's the star of the movie:

And here I thought the guys from Wizard had the best jobs in comicdom...

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
#21 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19547 posts) - - Show Bio

Prurience Man says:

"Here's the star of the movie:
" />http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/user/2000/fcdf25d6e191893e705819b177cddea0/168171_400.jpg"

Buckshot says:

"I knew that was coming. (If it wasn't I was going to put it up.)"
#22 Posted by Sync (959 posts) - - Show Bio

read the post i did say jessica i was posting what had been by others who they thought?

i did say westly snipes, tony ja, and jet li, though..

#23 Posted by Satyrquaze (4539 posts) - - Show Bio

GoocherLee says:

"You hack on the Rock not being able to act, and then you submit Jessica Simpson as Cheetarah?? Am I the only one who's seeing the irony in this?"

You are not alone.

#24 Posted by GoocherLee (393 posts) - - Show Bio

Synch, buddy, pal... I don't want this to come across the wrong way or anything, but trying to decipher your posts is... difficult, to say the least. Same as in the RPG thread. It was hard to figure out what you were doing because it takes so long to mentally "fix" your errors that the message is lost. Even on your profile page, Connecticut is mispelled; and if you can't even spell the state you are from... you see my point? No offense intended, just wanting you to be aware that you're not the easiest poster to understand, is all.

Now back to it... Wesley Snipes??? As who? Panthra? I could see that.

#25 Posted by Sling Shot (3859 posts) - - Show Bio

Like I said earlier The Rock as Liono or Michael Jai White. Morgan Freeman as Jaga. Wesley Snipes as Panthro or Michael Jai White. Tony Jaa as Wily Cat. Zhang Ziyi as Wily Kit. Michael Ealy as Tygra. Nona Gaye as Cheetara or Kitoy Johnson.

Me as Director and as Bengali. Jeffrey Wright as Lynxo. Meggan Good as Pumyra.

The best cast that will probably never happen.
Post Edited:2007-04-24 17:51:13

#26 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

Wesley Snipes? That $#@#@ in jail, besides he's to damn old, we need some new blood.

#27 Posted by Sling Shot (3859 posts) - - Show Bio

Michael Clark Duncan?

Ving Rhames?

Tyrese?

What?

#28 Posted by The Libertine (21 posts) - - Show Bio

Maggie Gylenhaal as Cheetara, subversively hot. It'd be too weird having an ostensibly 'hot' actress such Jessica Alba, Gylenhaal has a much better range then Alba who pretty much does a variation of "cute and stupid" whereas Gylenhaal can do seemingly contraditory evocation from sexy to threatening to vulnerable. Plus having Gylenhaal suggests hottness without the transparent attempt at portraying "this is the character your supposed to fancy, because films don't work if you don't fancy at least one person" attitude you'd get with Alba.

Liam Neeson as Tygra.

Andy Serkis inspired update of Snarf.

#29 Posted by Dark King (4029 posts) - - Show Bio

i just found this it should help revive this long dormant thread and bring a lively discussion of a possibility of making a good movie using the thundercats.

anyone thing they can make this movie without making it look camp or cartoonish.

#30 Posted by King Saturn (223065 posts) - - Show Bio
Dark King said:
"i just found this it should help revive this long dormant thread and bring a lively discussion of a possibility of making a good movie using the thundercats.

anyone thing they can make this movie without making it look camp or cartoonish.

"
Ha Ha Ha  !  I remember seeing this Trailer  !
#31 Posted by Dark King (4029 posts) - - Show Bio

so what do you think can they make a good life action movie?