Three Comic Vine Community Activities You Should Check Out!

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

Hey, look, it's our logo! 
 Hey, look, it's our logo! 
People visit Comic Vine for a variety of different reasons. Some come to catch up on news, reviews and our videos, others come for our extensive wiki database and incredibly active message boards that cover a variety of different subjects. However, one of the things I think makes Comic Vine stand out among other comic book websites is the sense of community that we have. I speak for all of our staff when I say that our community is not only creative, but they love to constructively partake in interesting conversations about comic books. It is that dialogue that initiates readers to think critically and to share in the same passion- our love of comics.The truth is, there may be a lot of different aspects to the website that you may be unfamiliar with, so here is a run down of some of the cool things that our community has put together (not the site) that we think is super cool.  
 == TEASER ==
No Caption Provided
Recently one of our forum and wiki moderators, Geo (Sora_TheKey), had the idea to organize a community discussion about a variety of different comic book related topics. The cool thing is that the discussions allow people to come together from all over the world to share and discuss their different opinions in a really cordial and respectful manner- and it happens every week right here on Comic Vine. The discussion is moderated by Geo through Comic Vine's private messaging system. Geo then organizes and edits the discussion and showcases the conversation by posting the dialogue in our forums and calls it Comic Vine's 'Roundtable Discussions'- which then opens the floor to comments from the rest of the community. The great thing about this is that everyone and anyone can come together for a discussion, get involved, and feel at home in our community. If you are interested in joining the conversation, head to the forums and let Geo know.

No Caption Provided
In addition to some awesome conversations, Comic Vine also runs a variety of different contests giving away comic books and comic memorabilia. Oh, and it is not just our website that is running the contests, either. One of our awesome moderators, Xerox-Kitty, occasionally organizes contests as well. In fact, she i s currently running a contest where the winner will receive issues 1 through 5 of Daredevil:The Man Without Fear by Frank Miller and John Romita Jr. What's not to love about that?

Whether you are an aspiring comic book artist or simply love to draw, we have a nice section of our site dedicated to you, as well. The Artist Show-Off portion of the forums is where members from our community get together to organize art contests and showcase their talents. The cool thing is that just about every month artists in our community take part in are contests. This month, for example, Harlequinnkiss has organized an art contest to draw 2099 Rorschach which ends next Monday, April 25th. If you like to draw, give it a shot!

With so many different ways to get involved on Comic Vine, how can you choose just one? Good thing you don't have to. Be sure to check out our different contests and partake in some of our user generated discussions. Comic Vine is a great place to come and have fun, and our community is friendly, knowledgeable and welcoming. Enjoy!
wandfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By wandfc

Awesome

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Caligula

great article

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Trodorne

Awesome article, i can't wait to see the topics covered in the roundtables.

dewboy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By dewboy01

thanks for that!
Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

This is why Comicvine is my home away from home while I'm at home! So much to do...and so little time it seems...

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NightFang3
@Caligula said:
" great article "
Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I love comic vine and glad to be part of the great community. 

Also love the roundtable on comic vine that  Sora the key made it is awesome. I have been a part of it twice and plan to do it even more times becuase it is that much fun
TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By TDK_1997

great

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#9  Edited By xerox_kitty

Awwww, thanks for the plug!!  I have more comics ready to give as prizes (before I have to resort to buying some) for future :)

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tonis

great reminder Sara, I just got hooked on the round tables and I gotta say it just makes me wanna hit the comic shop big time!!!

and I totally agree on the cordial side to it, which I find very appealing opposed to the noise you typically find with this approach. Sora does very well with these.
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By danhimself

props to Sora!!  the Roundtable's are some of the best fun I've had since being a member of the Vine....it's so great to sit down and talk to fellow comic book lovers in a respectful manner without someone jumping in and telling me how much they hate everything and nothing makes them happy

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xerox_kitty

The Roundtables are fun, and I know for a fact that Sora has LOTS of themes planned for future :D

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#13  Edited By RazzaTazz

I am looking forward to doing a roundtable with another fangirl.  Last time I was the odd gender out. 
Radread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By Radread

Fun.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By sora_thekey
@tonis: Thanks I'm glad you are enjoying them! :)
@danhimself: Wow really? I'm glad!!!

@haydenclaireheroes: Mission accomplished then!

@xerox-kitty said:

" The Roundtables are fun, and I know for a fact that Sora has LOTS of themes planned for future :D "

True dat! :)
Uncas007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 267

#16  Edited By Uncas007

Roundtable discussions are a great addition - good thinking, team!
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Decept-O

Great idea by Sora_theKey!  The duder is so active with this site and Anime Vice, great to see him do so many things here. 

Very generous on Xerox_Kitty's part to give away the goodies for the contests, gets a lot of interest. 

Also have to say Harlequinkiss is a very talented artist and whose work reigns supreme in the Artist Show-Off Forum. 

Now I am going to be completely selfish and arrogant and ask if anyone wants to check this out, a visit to Comic Vine City is welcome by any and all. 

besighyawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By besighyawn

I usually just consume rather than contribute, but this post has got my creative juices flowing

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#19  Edited By ImperiousRix

Too much Comic Vine community stuff going down!

I definitely wanna check out that RoundTable discussion thread.
xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By xerox_kitty
@ImperiousRix said:
"I definitely wanna check out that RoundTable discussion thread."
You definitely should! They're great :)
sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By sora_thekey
@Decept-O said:
" Great idea by Sora_theKey!  The duder is so active with this site and Anime Vice, great to see him do so many things here. "
Thanks!

@xerox-kitty said:
" @ImperiousRix said:
"I definitely wanna check out that RoundTable discussion thread."
You definitely should! They're great :) "
Do it! n_n