Thoughts On The Snyder Cut

• 83 results
schedule2018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

did you like it ? Have you watched it Yet? What are your thoughts ?

Avatar image for deactivated-605a6f1cad706
deactivated-605a6f1cad706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schedule2018:

If you want my honest opinion it's like Wheedon version with more personal drama, senseless scenes, atrcious battles. Only cool part was Cyborg's backstory.

MinisculeHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schedule2018:

If you want my honest opinion it's like Wheedon version with more personal drama, senseless scenes, atrcious battles. Only cool part was Cyborg's backstory.

They're actually nothing alike besides the over-arching story. Did we watch the same movie?

Avatar image for deactivated-60f4d10418f1d
deactivated-60f4d10418f1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2 problems with this movie. The first is Darkseid. They made him so underwhelming, he should've beeen more intimidating since he's the big bad.

Second one is that they should've done something about the cringe moments like WW's "Kal-El no" and some of the moments that included the Flash that came from the theatrical cut. They should've remade these scenes.

Everything else is perfect for me. I don't even have a problem with the graphics.

Avatar image for finalkingthanos
finalkingthanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@happylife1996: Darkseid was underwhelming to you? I honestly thought he was close to perfect just needed the classic hands behind his back stance at least once

helpm3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually avoided the theatrical version because all I heard was how bad it was. I feel like to appreciate this movie it helps to have been disappointed by that version. I really didn’t care about anyone other than Cyborg. Wonder Woman I lacks the charisma she’s had in Patty Jenkins movies.

A lot of Snyder tropes got on my nerves. The slow motion was difficult to sit through. The Flash is annoying and it’s kinda creepy the way he just stares at Iris as he saves her from dying.

schedule2018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By schedule2018

@helpm3: yeah that scene was cringe and over the top

schedule2018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steppenwolf looked dejected and sad but he was vicious in the movie

Transformaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos: he did but it was very brief

https://twitter.com/Itssan17/status/1372813772083982339?s=19

Avatar image for finalkingthanos
finalkingthanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transformaa: ahh thanks mate, I'll probably rewatch it tonight I've no doubt missed a few things

Avatar image for sixpathsofcapra
SixPathsOfCapra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much the same movie just longer and slower. Not worth all the release the Snyder cut nonsense. Honestly I was expecting it to be crap but than the initial reactions came which were positive and I got my hopes up only to get disappointed again. Justice League might as well be the only movie in the history of movies that disappointed twice lol

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the theatrical release but loved this version , it didnt feel like 4 hours

It was familiar but different

The redone battle at the end with sw and ww and am and cyborg was great , such an improvement

Let's hope they now want 2 and 3

Ningenoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4/10

Divyansh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk not going to watch any movies for a long time tbh.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I'll try to keep them brief and to the point.

• As a fan of Batman and Superman first and foremost I can safely say that Whedon's cut was actually better for those characters at least.They were more likable ,familiar, etc.
  • I would argue that TC Wonder Woman was also better.
  • The Knightmare sequences remain pointless as ever, all they do is set up future films.
  • The broad strokes of both cuts remain the same.
  • Batfleck is fodder. It's truly impressive that he didn't do any more in the Snyder version than he did in the Whedon version even with a two hour bump in running time.
  • Jared's Joker is dumpster fire, which goes to show that his tattoos and grill were not the actual problem.
  • Cyborg gets a lot more...well everything
  • Flash also gets more
  • Darkseid and the New Gods are rubbish
  • Slow motion sequences are too long
  • Affleck is easily the worst Batman ever, this cut solidifies it. He's bloated, puffy, useless, gun dependent and stupid. But hey, he's wearing a comic accurate suit (Jim Lee/ Frank Miller version) and he's brutal and he has the warehouse fight, so of course he's the best version ever, rolls eyes.

All in all, this was an exercise in vanity and Snyder actually adding a new scene to set up future flicks is a low even for him. It's easy to see why WB interfered with this cut and made the choices that they did.

• Removing Darkseid was the right call, this version was just a computer generated 3-D cartoon who got owned in his first and only action scene. Snyder fans can babble about him being Uxas and all but that was a pathetic debut for such a major villain. It makes sense to leave the character untainted for future projects and directors.
  • Giving Batman and Superman greater relevance and overall likability was also the correct decision. These are the biggest characters in DC's mythology and them being a turn off would impact the movie.
  • Cyborg's role being cut was also justified, I'm sorry but the idea of someone attempting to have this character, especially the modern John's incarnation carry the first ever JL film is hilarious to say the least. No wonder Ray Fisher got angry lol.
  • There was no Deathstroke fight as some Snyder cultists claimed. Whedon/WB omitted 2 lines of dialogue that were setting up the Batfleck film. Which makes sense too as they had no intention of making such a film. Bullet dodged there.
  • No major tent pole should be 4 hours long

6/10.

As a movie it flows better than the theatrical version but that's only because it has a longer running time and frankly it's an abysmally low bar to clear.

I pray Snyder is never given a single character/property I care about again.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Cyborg here really was the heart of the team

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I loved it.

As someone who grew up loving the DC universe, watching the DCAU cartoons, reading countless Superman, Batman, and Justice League comics this, like what the MCU did, is something I have been waiting for my entire life.

On top of that, as someone who is an immense fan of both of Snyder’s previous DCEU films (MoS & BvS: DoJ UE), I was doubly disappointed by the absolute train wreck of a movie that was JL 2017. To see the film as it was intended, a TRUE sequel and continuation of that universe and story, it was a treat. Something I thought I’d never see, and I’m glad it lived up to nearly everything I wanted it to be.

My only gripes would have to be, Snyder’s penchant for Slow Mo definitely was a tad overused especially at the beginning, it’s a beautiful stylistic choice but it’s definitely more effective when it’s used more sparingly. Thankfully it was downed down as the movie went on. Flash still remains overly neurotic, and while I’m not a fan of this “rendition”, he still grew on me over the course of the film and his powers were incredible. I wish Superman had an even larger role, but that’s a personal bias since Superman’s my favourite fictional character of all time.

One nitpick is kind of a double edged sword, while I absolutely want/hope/wish for the “Snyderverse” to continue, I do wish the film had more finality to it, but at the same time I don’t because I want it to continue. Basically if I could see the future and know that no more “Snyderverse” projects are coming, then I wish they took out some of the teasers to the future. BUT, if I look into the future and see that they’re coming then I absolutely want these teases kept in.

All in all, absolutely loved this movie.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SPOILER ALERT

This film gave us the most DC shit ever. It had great action, time travel, it had the Batmobile, Cyborg’s amazing story, it had a Lantern, Old Gods, Darkseid, League action, Joker, Deathstroke, Lex Luthor, Amazons, Atlanteans, Mother Boxes & Doomsday. It had all of that and made it feel cohesive, if you didn’t enjoy yourself then you must not like DC. That’s the only way I see it

LMAO, you call yourself a true DC fans while hating WW84

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll try to keep them brief and to the point.

• As a fan of Batman and Superman first and foremost I can safely say that Whedon's cut was actually better for those characters at least.They were more likable ,familiar, etc.
  • I would argue that TC Wonder Woman was also better.
  • The Knightmare sequences remain pointless as ever, all they do is set up future films.
  • The broad strokes of both cuts remain the same.
  • Batfleck is fodder. It's truly impressive that he didn't do any more in the Snyder version than he did in the Whedon version even with a two hour bump in running time.
  • Jared's Joker is dumpster fire, which goes to show that his tattoos and grill were not the actual problem.
  • Cyborg gets a lot more...well everything
  • Flash also gets more
  • Darkseid and the New Gods are rubbish
  • Slow motion sequences are too long
  • Affleck is easily the worst Batman ever, this cut solidifies it. He's bloated, puffy, useless, gun dependent and stupid. But hey, he's wearing a comic accurate suit (Jim Lee/ Frank Miller version) and he's brutal and he has the warehouse fight, so of course he's the best version ever, rolls eyes.

All in all, this was an exercise in vanity and Snyder actually adding a new scene to set up future flicks is a low even for him. It's easy to see why WB interfered with this cut and made the choices that they did.

• Removing Darkseid was the right call, this version was just a computer generated 3-D cartoon who got owned in his first and only action scene. Snyder fans can babble about him being Uxas and all but that was a pathetic debut for such a major villain. It makes sense to leave the character untainted for future projects and directors.
  • Giving Batman and Superman greater relevance and overall likability was also the correct decision. These are the biggest characters in DC's mythology and them being a turn off would impact the movie.
  • Cyborg's role being cut was also justified, I'm sorry but the idea of someone attempting to have this character, especially the modern John's incarnation carry the first ever JL film is hilarious to say the least. No wonder Ray Fisher got angry lol.
  • There was no Deathstroke fight as some Snyder cultists claimed. Whedon/WB omitted 2 lines of dialogue that were setting up the Batfleck film. Which makes sense too as they had no intention of making such a film. Bullet dodged there.
  • No major tent pole should be 4 hours long

6/10.

As a movie it flows better than the theatrical version but that's only because it has a longer running time and frankly it's an abysmally low bar to clear.

I pray Snyder is never given a single character/property I care about again.

I pray he does if your characters/ properties are the same i like 😆

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobeymaguire84: I’m not a fan with what they done with Cheetah. The plot wasn’t too interesting either, just because it’s DC, doesn’t mean I have to like it.

I actually liked it more than the first wondy movie. I liked the first wondy movie but i dunno this movie kinda hit me in the nostalgia. Patty was trying to make a Donner film and I thought she succeeded for the most part. True the themes were a bit heavy handed though.

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: "as a batman and superman fan whedon cut was better"

Just end it there. No batman or superman fan can actually like anything about whedon cut, it was absolute ass and didnt do any justice to either character.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SanoHibiki

@supermanforever said:

Just end it there. No batman or superman fan can actually like anything about whedon cut, it was absolute ass and didnt do any justice to either character.

Didn't watch SNJL fully and likely never will (after BvS Snyder in my sh...t list for eternity), but checked out Supes' scenes. There is one thing Josstice League done better - there was no additional evil Injustice rip-off future Superman. Now there is. Again.

Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: its not injustice its a vision of the future. That will probably come. This story happened even in animated series though without lois death.

Its not even injustice. Injustice is entirely different timeline and non canon dc comics where Superman is evil dictator and he hates Darkseid in this storyline and completely anihilates him.

The story zack snyder is teasing is a future outcome of darkseid attacking and taking over the world, by manipulating Superman. Someting that has been a thing for a long time in superman character.

I also dont see the hate about. Snyder cut was absolutely superior to whedons in every way. and here is why.

1. Every character recieved more screen time and background and had purpose.

2. It wasnt rushed, way better pacing.

3. The villain although not great was faaaaaar more menacing and had waaay better personality than that of whedons.

4. The dialogues were miles more superior and made sense instead of just jumpcuts and nonsense.

5. The jokes were in place and worked, while whedons didnt.

6. There was actually sympathy, common goal and dynamics between the characters. Whedons was way out of place. Like bunch of strangers cooping

7. Villains goals. SW in whedons cut complete nonsense and had no motive other than mother this and mother that

I could name much more. Snyder cut wasnt perfect, but its miles better than that of whedon.

For me i didnt liked only 2 things. Superman not changing back to his red/blue suit in the end and i would prefer him to take scout ship and create a fortress of solitude. Aswell as colors could be slightly brighter.

It was a miles superior film overall.

Avatar image for speedforceuser_
speedforceuser_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@helpm3: maybe because he was love struck?

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SanoHibiki

@supermanforever:

Well duh, I didn't say it was THE Injustice Superman, but Injustice rip-off (Superman's Regime, him punching through hearts, etc.).

This story happened even in animated series though without lois death.

Aaand I hated it back then and still hate now. Lois Lane dies - Superman loses his moral compass and goes evil. WTF... Makes him look rather weak-willed and morally dependent imho. But it's not about this issue.

The dialogues were miles more superior and made sense instead of just jumpcuts and nonsense.

Speaking only about Supes - yeah, definitely. Whedonised version sounded like he was braindamaged into permanent cringe joking happy-go-lucky mode, while in SC he sounds like an actual and proper progression from previous 2 movies.

P.S. And thank God they fixed his face.)

i would prefer him to take scout ship and create a fortress of solitude.

Aaand back to "Snyder in my sh...t list". IF Cav-El had done a sensible thing (or at least not completely stupid) and took scout ship somewhere instead of letting it lay in Metropolis for all to see and misuse, BvS woudn't have happen at all. Or perhaps properly bury Zod's body...

Avatar image for deactivated-61919ebe21493
deactivated-61919ebe21493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Way better than the first version, both Cyborg and Flash actually felt like characters here.

I gave it a solid 8/10

Syntix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Overall a better movie than Whedon’s.. the score was meh, the singing girl was giving me goosebumps at first but they overused it to the point that it sounded annoying later in the movie, plus they should‘ve hire Zimmer to write the JL theme.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How did Steppenwolf betray Darkseid? It was never explained!

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure I can, Whedon has the excuse of working with Snyder's rubbish and he at least tried to rectify the damage Snyder did so he gets points for that. Snyder's Supes is a dull ass plank and his Batman is a bloated ass old geezer.

These Snyder movies never did justice to Batman and Superman.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The only thing I can say for the Snyder Cut is that Ezra Miller's Flash and Cyborg sucked a bit less and if you hated quippy Whedon League, it's gone now and replaced with the usual Snyder dourness.

On the other hand, plot-wise it's essentially the same f***ing movie with more set-up for non-existent future films, more of Leto's Joker that nobody asked for and Darkseid showing up only to get rekt like a little b***h.

And to think, this garbage was originally supposed to be 2 films.

Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Supermanforever

@entropy_aegis said:
@supermanforever said:

Sure I can, Whedon has the excuse of working with Snyder's rubbish and he at least tried to rectify the damage Snyder did so he gets points for that. Snyder's Supes is a dull ass plank and his Batman is a bloated ass old geezer.

These Snyder movies never did justice to Batman and Superman.

lmaoooo. shit opinion, but its yours. So be it.

Avatar image for deactivated-60609a24e8b5f
deactivated-60609a24e8b5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked it, definitely an improvement from Whedon's film.

Avatar image for deactivated-63338e7709476
deactivated-63338e7709476

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved it. I haven't re-watched the Whedon version since 2017, so I honestly have no clue what exactly is different (unlike with BVS where I know the differences between editions because I re-watched the TC a ton, then viewed the UE a bunch of times so the distinctions were drilled into my brain), but I can say I enjoyed it in a way I didn't with the theatrical release. Thought that the pacing was clean, the characters were well developed, the score was excellent, the acting was top notch and the worldbuilding/mythology was extremely intriguing. As the icing on the cake, in typical Snyder fashion the general aesthetic and tone were to my liking. This is probably his best work, and that's coming from someone who really enjoyed Watchmen, Man Of Steel and the Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice Ultimate Edition.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Better movie than Captain Feminist and Star Wars The Last SJW

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanforever: Yeah it's my opinion, thanks for confirming what it tastes like.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

I mean, speaking of the Sunder Cut as a film, it was much better than the Whedon cut, Idk if I'd call it more faithful.

Superman and Cyborg felt better IMO, while the rest remain more or less the same with more screentime.

I will say this though, I hate the implication that Superman may turn bad because of Lois Lane dying, though the movie did imply that it might be the Anti-Life equation that did the trick. That said, I wasn't a fan of the Evil Superman story in Injustice, but you could excuse it because in the first game the real superman shows up and beats his ass, but here, it just seems especially weird because Superman had the whole montage where he hears both of his Dad's telling him how to love humanity regardless of what happens.

Cyborg was a massive improvement this time around, it's just a shame that it had to be the mother box version. I would have liked to see the more charming version of this character on the big screen. Still, he actually feels like a human being with a consistent attitude that evolves and changes during the film.

Steppenwolf actually felt a compelling villain, but I have to say, adding Darkseid to the extent that they did was a bad call because he's just one gigantic plot hole. He doesn't really do anything, and there's a lot of chances where he could have invaded earth - in fact, there's a whole section of the final fight where he just stands at the Portal menacingly. I'm still not sure why He doesn't go through the portal even though Earth contains the one and the only thing he's ever cared about. Why couldn't they keep Steppenwolf for the flashback sequence? Maybe he failed to conquer earth before and that's why he fell out of grace with Darkseid? I mean, there's a bunch of different ways they could have done this. I'm not saying I hated the idea of the impending Darkseid, but then don't show him get his ass handed to him halfway through the film. Otherwise, him not coming to earth after his defeat when he has the chance kind of makes him look like a bitch.

Also, can someone honestly answer this question for me - does anyone actually like Erza Miller's flash? I could not get through one scene with him without rolling my eyes. I don't mind him being awkward but Jesus christ can he act like a human being and not a caricature? Honestly, this doesn't have anything to do with the Snyder Cut, they cast the wrong guy for this role IMO.

Oh, and whether he's dressed as Leatherface or daft punk, now we know for certain that Leto is not a good Joker either way. That final talk was incredibly cringy.

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

𝐼'𝑣𝑒 𝑜𝑛𝑙𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝐷𝑎𝑟𝑘𝑠𝑒𝑖𝑑 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑖𝑡, 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑜𝑙𝑒 𝑓𝑖𝑙𝑚. 𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑜𝑠 𝑤𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑤𝑎𝑠𝑡𝑒 𝐷𝑎𝑟𝑘𝑠𝑒𝑖𝑑 𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑖𝑙𝑦, 𝑛𝑜 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑠𝑡. 𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑤𝑛 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑒𝑥𝑡𝑟𝑒𝑚𝑒𝑙𝑦 𝑤𝑒𝑎𝑘 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑆𝑢𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑚𝑎𝑛 𝑜𝑟 𝐷𝑖𝑎𝑛𝑎, 𝐼'𝑚 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑎𝑡 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑝𝑟𝑖𝑠𝑒𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑠𝑒𝑛 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑎𝑖𝑛 𝑏𝑎𝑑𝑑𝑦 𝑏𝑒ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑖𝑡 𝑎𝑙𝑙.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@theacidskull: just for clarification, the reason Superman “turns” is because of the Anti Life Equation. Lois being killed weakens his will to where the equation sinks its teeth into him and turns him. He couldn’t be broken otherwise.

This comes from Snyder himself. I think with that context, I buy the whole Evil Superman plot.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MonsterStomp

How it stacks up to Whedon's film is how the Empire State building stacks up to a 2-storey house. My initial praises to Whedon's vision was mostly fandom and denial with how crappy the DCEU is going compared to the MCU. I've been wrong in the past, not going to lie. Have only seen Whedon's Justice League a total of two times since 2017, and one of those times was when my mum really wanted to watch it with someone.

Good: What I liked in the Snyder Cut was the fact that it was slowed from a sprint to a walk. The pacing was much better. Snyder needed 4 hours, in my opinion, to properly flesh out the plot, character arcs, so on and so forth. There was no other way to do it, since the DCEU lacked solo films leading up to Justice League. To be honest, the 4 hours didn't feel like 4 hours to me. I didn't need an intermission, as each "part" left me wanting to know what was about to happen and I didn't want to miss a beat.

Bad: Does the film have a few plot holes here and there? Yes. Steppenwolf's betrayal wasn't explained. Why Superman donned the Black Suit for something other than fan service was unexplained. Why Superman attacked the League and didn't stop until he saw Lois--question mark. Martian Manhunter was also in the film for unknown reasons. All of which, ya'll acting like Avengers wasn't riddled with plot holes. It wasn't enough to break my immersion.

Good: The action and cinematography is leaps and bounds better than whatever Whedon can hope to desire. But that's just Zack's forte.

Good: The composition in the music was much better. I rather liked that Zack kept the more grittier themes and not thrown it back to the original Reeve's Superman themes (which I cringed at in Whedon's version). Can't really fault Junkie XL or Zimmer.

Rant: Set ups. This is the most nitpick complaint about a film I have ever seen. I feel like I have to toss in my 2 cents since the toxic fanboyism just baffles me. What people seem to forget is that this was supposed to be themovie we didn't get. What people also seem to forget is that now that Snyder is off the projects for future films, he's calling his own cut non-canon. Ready for my gripe? How the hell can you downrate a now non-canon film for setting up future films which won't happen because Snyder isn't contracted anymore. Like why did you watch the movie? Shame on you lol.

NicolascageGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By NicolascageGOD

It's alright. Some things like Flash and Cyborg were way better and it's easy to see why Fisher got pissed. There's a lot missing.

Plot wise, it's much more similar to Whedion's than I expected. There are more Jokes than I would've expected in a Snyder film, even though I felt like it didn't have good comedic timing. It's much more coherent too but then again, it's 4 fucking hours.

The pacing I didn't like. Four hours is a lot and this movie drags at times. The slow-mo scenes were too much.

Superman didn't get as much screentime as I wish he would have. Batfleck was meh too and I didn't feel like he did much. Comic Bruce is a master strategist. Now Wonder Woman is something I didn't like at all. Gadot's narration wasn't that good. Her delivery and lines such as "Kal-el No" highlighted her flaws as an actress. Aquaman was alright too.

The knightmare scene is out of place. What's up with Heard's accent? I don't remember anything like that in Aquaman.

Leto's joker sucks. Plain and simple. It sucked when he had 𝒟𝒶𝓂𝒶ℊℯ𝒹 tattooed on his forehead and it sucked now. The Society thing ended up being a meme, as expected and Leto's banking on #We Live in a Society Merch, with donations towards suicide prevention, so good on him I guess.

This Steppenwolf felt like an improvement over Theatrical Cut. Though I wasn't awed by Darkseid's Portrayal.

The soundtrack was fine. But I hated that [Ancient Lamentation Music]. They really had to drill that into my mind. I think it played like 20 times.

It did feel like Snyder didn't have much plot for a 4-hour film. Either that, or he's not very good at pacing. I really didn't have to see Aquaman's shirt be sniffed.

The terrorist attack scene was cool, except for the part where she kills every single one of them and with all the blood and gore the girl asks if she can be like her lmao. I didn't have the problem with the killing, even though I feel like killing should be a last resort for her, I have a problem with a girl with the girl wanting to be like her after that over-the-top kill. It's a minor complaint though.

Overall, I think it was okay. Not some Cinema-changing shit like some of his hardcore fans will act like it is, Neither is it very bad. It's just fine, around like a 6/10.

Avatar image for deactivated-63338e7709476
deactivated-63338e7709476

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp:

Does the film have a few plot holes here and there? Yes. Steppenwolf's betrayal wasn't explained.

If you're referring to his betrayal of Darkseid going without explanation of the particulars, that's not a plot hole. Plot holes are defined as:

An inconsistency in the narrative or character development of a book, film, television programme, etc.

Google

There's no inconsistency there, merely ambiguity. And it's also not something we need explained. It's unnecessary information that adds little to the narrative or characters, and Steppenwolf is compelling/badass enough without it. Sometimes less is more, and in this case it definitely is.

Why Superman donned the Black Suit for something other than fan service was unexplained.

You're not seriously suggesting we need a character to specify the motivation behind something as trivial as a colour change? It's a thematic choice to have Clark appear like that, and so unimportant to the actual events of the story that it doesn't warrant direct explanation. If Supes were to spell it out it would be jarring, and it's made abundantly clear what it's supposed to represent in the film itself, even if it's never outright stated.

Why Superman attacked the League and didn't stop until he saw Lois--question mark.

Because they were hostile towards him... and he didn't have a strong enough emotional bond with any of them to remember them, but Lois was that which he loved most in the world. This one is pretty explicitly shown, no clue how you missed it.

Martian Manhunter was also in the film for unknown reasons.

He literally spells them out... it couldn't have been more obvious unless he waved a banner with them printed on it.

Avatar image for deactivated-605a033f1c1d2
deactivated-605a033f1c1d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When they announced Snyder's cut was happening, I was expecting a different film. I expect more from a four hour film with an extensive budget.

While I feel like Flash and Cyborg were more fleshed out, it didn't necessarily work out for the good. Barry just became a weird dude, and Cyborg's development, while probably the best part of the film, just wasn't enough to lift the rest of the film.

The hype behind the black suit was overhyped for what ended up happening, nothing really came of it. The final battle was marginally improved, as it actually used the R rating the proper way, as opposed to the needless blood and swearing earlier in the film.

The biggest disappointment is Darkseid. He's completely useless in the film. He gets destroyed by the army in the history lesson, and then simply stares at the heroes for an awkward amount of time after witnessing his uncle fail and die. Totally pointless, wasn't worth the hype.

I didn't expect much from Lutbor, Deathstroke, and Joker, but when the promo on HBO Max teases more villains, their roles ended up being more like fan service, and useless setup for films we'll never see. Same with the Lantern and ultimately, Martian Manhunter.

Overall, I enjoyed the film more than Whedon's cut, but it's still a mess. Feels like a massive missed opportunity.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first two hours dragged on so much and a lot of it felt like unnecessary scenes. Did we really need the scene of Flash saving Iris, the icelandic women singing, Cyborg testing his powers, the short scene of Hyppolyta shooting an arrow, Alfred making the new Batman gauntlets and the laser scene. Sure some of it sets up so minor things in the movie but you didn't need to make an entire scene on it, with one line of dialogue. Also I feel like the scene with the Batman gauntlets would have been way better if it was Bruce instead of Alfred. Alfred and Diana interact as much as Bruce and Diana, which is a bad decision.

There were many more scenes that felt pointless, like the flashback to the old ages. The only thing that the scene truly set up is that Mother boxes were left on Earth, because Steppenwolf's motivation had nothing to with any that happens on the scene. He doesn't invade Earth because Darkseid failed in the past or because he knows the Anti life equation is there. He invades Earth because he betrayed Darkseid in the past and the mother boxes gave him the opportunity to invade that world. Having Darkseid invade Earth, fail and then forget where Earth is despite having the one thing that he cares about in the whole multi universe just makes him seem stupid and incompetent. It is a much better decision to have Steppenwolf invade Earth and fail, so he wants to prove to Darkseid that he is useful invading Earth again. If you want to have set ups for the next movie, you can have Steppenwolf find Anti life on the second invasion, and he informs Darkseid about it. So after The JL stops Steppenwolf, Darkseid decides to go to Earth to get the Anti life.

Batman and Superman weren't any better than in the Whedon cut. I think that they got even less screen time and chance to interact with the rest of the League and Bruce felt less meaningful to the plot. Bruce somehow is dumber in the Snyder cut, he literally had no plan to calm down Superman. Martian Manhunter (another favorite of mine) was pointless and the movie only makes you question why he doesn't really help.

Cyborg is probably the most improved character but I didn't care that much for him. Aquaman was better on this movie and he was the character I enjoyed the most (despite him doing some dumb stuff like all the other characters on this movie). Flash was as cringy as ever but he did get to be important and he did some cool things so he was improved on this film. Wonder Woman is kinda meh in both cuts.

The Knightmare scenes still suck and Jared Leto Joker is still bad. I feel like the pointlessly reference tons of stuff and they make Superman looks like a deranged person (no normal person becomes a mass murderer after losing a loved one)

I think that all the action scenes are better in this cut and certain parts of the movie do flow way better than they did on the Whedon cut. Overall I liked it better but not by much and since I thought the original was bad this one is still bad but a bit less.

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great movie. Loved it.

TheNextTrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Burn it all down

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MonsterStomp

@nevesytneves: Literally every other short review picking apart this movie for ridiculous reasons.. and you choose to explore my short sum of the films bad (which I said didn't break my immersion).

Okay.

You just claimed a plot hole is also a hole in a character's development while simultaneously stating that what I said was not a definition of a plot hole. Kudos.

The black suit is a minuscule thing for me, but it serves as nothing more than fan service. There's no explanation or excuse for him walking past the red and blue suit to take up the black.

As for the fight with the League-- what about the military? Why would Superman attempt to kill them also. To the point Cyborg had to save a cop from being crushed. Military was hostile towards him in Man of Steel and he merely shrugged them off. Pretty piss poor attempt at defending your DC fandom.

jao48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Contrary to the popular opinion, I think the first two hours are the best part of the movie, and do an exceptional job of setting up the threat. The effects and action scenes are great, and I don't get the CGI and slow motion complaints. The character designs, their dinamics in the action, and the nice and creative ways in which they interact are better than most CBM or action movies in general. Even the amazon chase, that was almost entirely in the Whedon version, was greatly elevated by the tone, the soundtrack and the small scenes added. I like how the JL theme is also played in the age of heroes part, meaning that their unity is an event the reflects the past and opens a new age of hope. The whole movie deals with this rising of spirits from grieving and loss by unity, and it is quite beautiful if you think about the context of its production. I don't see how anyone couldn't feel empathy for the Flash, and the words he speaks to himself, about being among the best of the best, before exerting himself further than ever, really show the uplifting intentions of the portrayal of these heroes. I was really impacted by their greatness.