Thoughts on Marvel's Cinematic Universe?

silversurfer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What are some of your thoughts about the movies so far? Am I the only one here who feels like they're gonna mess something up, especially with the Infinity Gauntlet?

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they've absolutely knocked this shared universe idea out of the park, it's completely unprecedented, and people are beginning to take what Marvel is doing for granted. In 2009, you would have sold your favorite internal organs to see Iron Man meet Thor and Hulk. Now after 1 movie, it's apparently become old hat.

So it goes.

Orician_Seis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is pretty well done I think. Nicely thought out and all. At least from what's already out. Some of them fell short of expectations, IE Iron Man 3. But overall they are doing a bang-up job with it I think. My only personal complaint with them is how utterly childish they can be.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they've absolutely knocked this shared universe idea out of the park, it's completely unprecedented, and people are beginning to take what Marvel is doing for granted. In 2009, you would have sold your favorite internal organs to see Iron Man meet Thor and Hulk. Now after 1 movie, it's apparently become old hat.

So it goes.

How about no.

Godzilla and the Universal Monster predate the Marvel Cinematic universe.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel Comedic Universe you mean? Its great. Not every film is spot on, but overall it has been great. The films don't always seen connected together (hard to imagine Thanos existing in the same universe as captain America) but for the most part they've done a good job and I'm excited to see Thanos fack stuff up.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Havenless

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@havenless said:

So it goes.

How about no.

Godzilla and the Universal Monster predate the Marvel Cinematic universe.

Those were relevatively cheap, personal projects they just threw together. You could include the DBZ straight to video stuff or when Seinfeld and Friends had a crossover if that's how low you're setting the bar.

Nothing compared to 100-200M$ studio investments.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Here is what I think about Marvel Studios...... They are a movie studio that only makes movies about marvel comics. That 's all they do. They may be backed by Disney, but the are still their own studio. Once the super hero movie bubble pops, that studio is done for. Warner Bros., Fox, and Sony if their super hero movies tank they still have a studio, and other films to fall back on. Marvel is trying, in their own self-interest, to make movies to please comic fans, and the general audience. Some Marvel films do it better than others....

mandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

silversurfer89 you are never alone. Marvel is certainly swinging for the fences. It will be interesting to see how they pull this off. I am getting tired of the aftercredit scenes.

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its going good according to plan. But if they can keep the humor at a good level that would be even better

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It is pretty well done I think. Nicely thought out and all. At least from what's already out. Some of them fell short of expectations, IE Iron Man 3. But overall they are doing a bang-up job with it I think. My only personal complaint with them is how utterly childish they can be.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Spidey_Jackson

Oh look, there's already "too much comedy in Marvel" comments.

Will this myth just go away?

Beata

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@havenless: You said there were no precedents, the fact its there are, Godzilla and the Universal Monsters didnt had those huge budgets, but build cinematic universes, besides the fact Universal Monsters movies did had connections to each others, the same could be said about several Hammer movies.

Godzilla lived in several time lines, had several spin offs and introduce characters in the spin offs.

There were precedents.

The Universal Monsters Time Line

http://captaincomics.ning.com/forum/topics/universal-horror-movie-timeline

Marvel didnt created this idea, before them there was Quentin Tarantino who was working in two cinematic universes.

So Tarantinoverse also predates MCU.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I love it, it´s great.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been great as far as I'm concerned. The weakest films have been the two Iron Man sequels and The Dark World, but even those curbstomp a lot of the other MARVEL films made by other studios.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

they're decent, but they all seem to be following the formula a bit too much

comedy in places that it doesn't always seem to fit

the winter soldier toned it down and was a bit better

but I simply don't care about him since I'm not American

not the greatest that thor is just some kind of alien

and they destroyed the mandarin, when having alien tech rings would've worked fantastically for the mcu

Joiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Sigh* usual person trying to downplay the MCU...

Joiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Joiner

The MCU has inspired so much. Now we've got WB, Fox, Sony and Universal universes... TDK and Avengers will go down in-- OK, a little dramatic to say history, but yeah, they'll be remembered for a long time for what they've accomplished within this genre and beyond...

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

All of there movies have been pretty good, although I thought Iron Man 3 was not very good. Ant-Man could be a slip up, but even then I think it will be really good.

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really love the MCU. There are ups and downs of course, but some Marvel movies are downright spectacular. I've been seeing a lot of complaining about the comedic aspects of the MCU, but I personally like it as is. I don't think it's too over done.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

So far, so good. Some of the movies haven't been that great, but on balance, they've done a good job. They've done more good than bad to this point.

silversurfer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well,I like the way it's going. I like the movies. Certain things bother me though, such as how Captain America's experiment didn't stay true to the comic. From what it looks like, it seems as if it's gonna be The Guardians Of The Galaxy and The Avengers battling Thanos for the Infinity Gauntlet. I'm also wondering that if Disney never bought Marvel, would these movies be more geared towards adults, but maybe I just worry too much.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Uncanny_Doom

The only reason I think they'll eventually mess up is because their ability to do things this great so far is crazy. Eventually there will be a misstep, but I doubt it will be in the big money franchises. It's going to be something like Ant-Man or one of the more unfamiliar brands they try to introduce, and that will arguably be where it can hurt Marvel Studios most in the long run.

But so far, it's been awesome. It's funny to see how much the internet will nitpick about the Marvel films and shun them for their mainstream popularity.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

I wish they would allow directors to allow leave on their mark on the characters (all the directors they have hired, do not have style at all.) They seem to care about continuity than the look of the film. Let people play with the toys and you'll get an interesting or a new idea. Yes all those films fit a genre but at the end of the day they are still a "Marvel film," which could backfire. But then again I guess that comes from using a TV model and turning movies into products rather than movies (Star Wars anyone.)

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

I'd have to say I'm pretty happy with it. I think 6 of the movies are good, and in general, it's being done very well. If DC's universe can come close to the Marvel universe in terms of quality, I'll be happy.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I applaud the initiative and the shared universe they created. Although personally, some people overrate the films. My friends are complete fanboys over it and love all of them. Personally speaking on the films themselves:

Ones I love:

-Iron Man (still the best)

-Guardians of the Galaxy

-Winter Soldier

Ones that are "Meh":

-Iron Man 2

-Incredible Hulk

-Cap America: First Avenger

-Avengers (the second half, when Banner Hulks out and beyond are great, but everything before it was boring)

-Thor

Ones that are bad:

-Thor: The Dark World

-Iron Man 3

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By Saint_Sophie

@orician_seis said:

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very few of their overrated movies are great