Thoughts on Heroes in Crisis #3 (SPOILERS)

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By Eto

spoilers ahead, you have been warned!

Heroes in Crisis #3

No Caption Provided

It's another issue of Heroes in Crisis, we're now 1/3 in. Let's see what King has to offer this time around.

All right first things first, I'll be brief with the introduction and say this: this issue should have been issue issue 1. That's right, this issue felt more like an issue 1. What I mean by that is, this should have been the first issue. It's kind of ironic because inititally the limited series was sollicited as a 7-issue series and later on 2 issues were added.....

This issue is divided into three archs:

- Lagoon Boy overcoming his fears

- Wally West reliving his past with Linda, Jai and Iris

- Booster Gold

Lagoon Boy:

No Caption Provided

According to Lagoon Boy, he thinks one day one of those blasts won't hurt him, and he won't be scared anymore. Uuh first of, I'm sorry but what kind of fetish is this? How can you expect him to recover when he relives this very moment day in day out? Moreover, something is odd, because even though the lasers aren't real according to Lagoon Boy, he clearly feels pain.

He's been there for three months, THREE months and there is still no progression.

Wally West:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Wally West (a.k.a. Best Flash ;)) has been at the Santuary for two and a half weeks. So he is fairly new.
This is like the worst way to recover from Flash War. He went there to clear his mind, not face his beloved ones who are sucked up in the Speed Force.

Booster Gold:

It's Booster's first day at Sanctuary.....

No Caption Provided

Okay then, might as well call it Harley kills the DC Universe. Although, to be quite frank, I don't think that she's murderer. Since this is a crime mystery, the real suspect will be someone else.

I do think this issue was better than the first two issues (which feel unnecessary in retrospect). I am at least a bit more optimistic since my previous complaint regarding WHAT Sanctuary does has been answered.

What are your thoughts thus far?

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@eto: Always interested, thanks for tagging me!

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree issue 3 is the best so far, it actually delve into The Sanctuary which is more interesting than the murder mystery plot.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Eto

@infantfinite128 said:

@eto: Always interested, thanks for tagging me!

Awesome! You're welcome.

@the_kidd said:

I agree issue 3 is the best so far, it actually delve into The Sanctuary which is more interesting than the murder mystery plot.

Agreed. it is the "best" so far, but that doesn't say a whole lot. lol. ooh well.

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Michaelbn

Compared to last two it's a lot better than them.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked the whole part with wally. It was nice to see him be happy again.

Oh, and fuck harley.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked the whole part with wally. It was nice to see him be happy again.

Oh, and fuck harley.

Ditto

I really felt sorry for Lagoon Boy

Poor fella

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i wish DC released a mini series detailing the structure of the Sanctuary and show certain heroes in there, at least helping us get a better understanding of the concept without the annoyance of the murder mystery plot. nice blog dude

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

i wish DC released a mini series detailing the structure of the Sanctuary and show certain heroes in there, at least helping us get a better understanding of the concept without the annoyance of the murder mystery plot. nice blog dude

See, that would have been interesting, if we had gotten that first and maybe half a year after that ends, we return to the murder mystery stuff.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

How Wally died was the worst in comic an after I saw who killed him instant thrash.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb
deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although it was much better than the last two but the explanation behind the sanctuary and murders are giving a bad taste or in other words it still feels so much confusing .

P.S : Thanks for tagging me btw .

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DeathandGrim

What even was that? It wasn't as bad as issue 2 but it was still messy. My question is why are they screwing around with the Psycho Pirate's Medusa Mask knowing how dangerous that thing is? And then that ending was... They're going to have to start explaining something because this is isn't entertaining as a mystery if there's literally no clues to try and put together.

Especially since The Detective is nowhere to be found in this comic. So we don't even see him trying to string together anything as a through-hole for the audience so we're just stuck with watching a series of unfortunate events just for the sake of it. Yay.

2/10

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed with you. It was better than the others however I'm still not very optimistic about it and I didn't really enjoy this issue that much.

I'll probably stop picking up the next issues and just see if your reviews improve.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I agree 100%

Avatar image for deactivated-5cae4704c27f5
deactivated-5cae4704c27f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still shouldn't read by the looks of it. Ok.

MohdAli282005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved

Wally who is my fav hero was finally given attention

If Harley does turn about to me the killer I would want to know how she killed one of dcs big hitter Wally at least we know it was with a BANG!

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I completely agree with you that this issue should have happened sooner. It’s good to finally see more of how Sanctuary functions, even though Wally and Lagoon Boy are totally abusing the system

Also, how the heck do you kill a Flash with a mallet

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, and fuck harley.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally got one shot by Harley though...

Still having trouble processing this information

No Caption Provided

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was good.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Eto

thanks, and yeah I agree.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomkatie said:

I completely agree with you that this issue should have happened sooner. It’s good to finally see more of how Sanctuary functions, even though Wally and Lagoon Boy are totally abusing the system

Also, how the heck do you kill a Flash with a mallet

sigh, this better be shenanigans going on.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@eto:

The Lagoon boy thing seems stupid but it's straight up exposure therapy, he's probably over doing it, but he is a superhero so it mostly checks out.

The Wally thing I don't know that it's so much a form of therapy but mostly showing that he's still got a LONG way to go before accepting that his life isn't what he wants. He's not being forced to face his lost family, he's making the conscious decision to experience them even if he knows it's fake which is evident from the smile on his face .

The story is pretty uninteresting to me so far at all, but King is doing a good job of displaying the different forms of grief all these heroes are going through, which is about as much as I expected of him.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto: Currently my favorite read man. Can't wait for issue 36

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto: Currently my favorite read man. Can't wait for issue 36

It's amazing, it hasn't disappointed me once.

I read it in trades. Read vol.7 (32-35) a few days ago.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@eto: Will you tag me for future discussions?

The Issue:

Finally nice to see the inner workings of Sanctuary and agreed with others that this felt like a first issue. It's a bit hard for me to process the series as a hole when its presented this way chronologically. I'm still interested and think it will be better when the full series is released and I can process everything.

Wally's death? Ummm okay a mallet shot?

Surely this is BS

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers