The Thought Robot is a 4-D Superman woken up in a body of pure thought. He is powered by symmetry, memories, duality, probabilities, and possibilities. A doomsday machine engineered by the Monitors to defend against the ultimate evil. Capable of adapting instantly to counter any future threat. A sentinel-suit designed for a single purpose, to protect all existence against the ultimate enemy. A plot device.
- Lifts a book with an infinite number of pages, the whole of existence in it, all occupying the same space and containing every book possible. In other words, the multiverse is the book and the story within the book. Notably, the book reveals an origin story of Monitor Mind The Over-Void, also known as Primal Monitor/Overmonitor, which:
- is bigger than universes.
- Has the entire DC multiverse (52 universes) growing inside it.
power of Zeus) to accomplish this feat.
- When the matter Superman and anti-matter Ultraman collided, an explosion occurred, merging the two opposites into a single consciousness. The single mind awoke within the body of of an enormous suit built by the Monitors.
- Superman's will, luckily, was stronger than Ultraman's, and so he would be the dominant mind in their new form. Together, as the very embodiment of the high concept of Superman itself, they battled Mandrakk, for the fate of the entire DC multiverse.
- Shows to be bigger than 52 universes.
- His mere awakening trembles the whole continuum.
- Holds Limbo on the tip of his finger.
- Exists outside of the multiverse.
- Stands above the shattered multiverse.
- "I'm inside a self-assembling hyper story!". He is referring the Morrison story concept.
- "There's nothing left; the inexorable logic of a Living Story drives us to its conclusion." Even though only Superman's story could put an end to Mandrakk, it was essential that Superman used the Miracle Machine (Final Crisis #7) for a happy ending.
Defeats Dax Novu, a being who:
- Was multiversal and the greatest threat to the entire DC multiverse.
- Was feeding on the multiverse, story/plot itself, the very concept of existence.
- Has the power of 52 universes (as shown in the scan above).
- Held the multiverse (52 universes) in a tube in his hand.
- Shatters the tube containing the multiverse, just by his mere arrival (as shown in the scan above).
- Managed to crawl back from being trapped in the void.
- Comes from a race of beings who live outside the multiverse and view the DC multiverse as a "Germ".
Only Superman with the Cosmic Armor was capable of defeating Mandrakk, since he was the only one, throughout the multiverse from beginning to end, to have a better story. He was the true personification of a modern hero and justice.
Here is the scan that shows The Radiant and Spectre lying on the ground:
- Holds 52 universes in his hand.
Powers and Abilities
- He can actually feel the narrative progressing around him.
- Can hear the reader's breathing. Can feel the reader grabbing the pages of the comic. (Note: The original comic was in 3-D, so he's actually trying to touch the reader).
- Can perceive Limbo from the outside, due to his nature of existing on a higher plane than the rest of the multiverse.
- Can hear a single heartbeat of Lois Lane, universes away.
- Can perceive the true nature of the Monitors.
- Can hear Mandrakk screaming even as he no longer exists to scream.
- Can withstand eyeblasts from Mandrakk.
- His own eyeblasts can blast through Mandrakk.
- Strikes Mandrakk with enough force to create a light visible from miles away, and crumble the very universe upon which they stand.
- His greatest ability, however, is the fact that he embodies the Superman archetype itself. He's literally as strong as he needs to be, because he's Superman, and he has to save the day.