Thor/Superman Whose Powers Would You Rather Have?

yahweh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By yahweh

yahweh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By yahweh

Thor

No Caption Provided

1.You get all the powers Thor has displayed over the years

2. You have access to the full power of the Odin Force at all times

3. You also get Rune Magic

4. Your powers increase with age

or

Superman

No Caption Provided

1. You powers are completely dependent upon a yellow sun

2. Weaknesses are included for Superman

3. This pre 52 superman, not all star, not silver age, not golden superman

4. Your powers increase with age

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#3  Edited By TheCannon

How do you not pick Thor? The only thing Superman has that Thor doesn't is speed.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Jorgevy

Do Superman's powers increase with age? or with solar exposion? like, if he stays 1000 years under a blue sun, he will get much more powerful but it's because of the sun and not because of the age? or Im mixing this up?

bgibs13390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By bgibs13390

Thor all the way. The only thing that Superman has him on is speed and heat vision. Thor has the badass hammer and I'm not going to lie I would love to be the god of storms. Overall he is also more powerful with a wider array of powers.

tim2081

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tim2081

Thor easily, especially with the full power of Odin Force.

AKA_TERMINATOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AKA_TERMINATOR

@TheCannon said:

How do you not pick Thor? The only thing Superman has that Thor doesn't is speed.

uh their thor and superman don't have the same super powers for example thor doesn't have heat vision, x- ray vision, arctic breath and so on... kinda like superman doesnt relie on a hammer, he was born with his powers ( i think. ) so we all know the differences in both characters.

Me personally i'd prefer supermans because of heat fision and arctic breath. x-ray vision too...lol

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sovereign91001

Superman. No if ands or buts.

yahweh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By yahweh

@Jorgevy said:

Do Superman's powers increase with age? or with solar exposion? like, if he stays 1000 years under a blue sun, he will get much more powerful but it's because of the sun and not because of the age? or Im mixing this up?

Under continous yellow sun exposure, Superman becomes increasingly more powerful: intelligence, strength, speed,etc. All increase.

It's the same as if the longer you stay under a sun without sun tan lotion, the worse your tan becomes, but instead of getting a tan, you get more powerful.

And ONLY a yellow sun can give you your powers.

@AKA_TERMINATOR said:

@TheCannon said:

uh their thor and superman don't have the same super powers for example thor doesn't have heat vision, x- ray vision, arctic breath and so on... kinda like superman doesnt relie on a hammer, he was born with his powers ( i think. ) so we all know the differences in both characters.

Me personally i'd prefer supermans because of heat fision and arctic breath. x-ray vision too...lol

1. Thor has heat vision

2. Thor has artic breath

3. Superman's powers depend on the sun. Without it, he's human. Thor without his hammer>>>>Superman without the sun.

4. Thor is born with his powers as well.

yahweh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By yahweh

@TheCannon said:

Thor has speed as well.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By TheGoldenOne

-________________-

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Magian

Superman's, definitely.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mega_spidey01
SUPERMAN FOR ME.
SUPERMAN FOR ME.
Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Aronmorales

Hmm...Thor.

Wait, do I also get Mjolnir?

JayMar89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JayMar89

man of steel all the way

yahweh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By yahweh

@Aronmorales said:

Hmm...Thor.

Wait, do I also get Mjolnir?

Obviously.....

@TheGoldenOne said:

-________________-

I'm not understanding your point.

yahweh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By yahweh

@JayMar89 said:

man of steel all the way

Did you vote?

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By karrob

Thor

JayMar89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JayMar89

yeah

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

So the OP makes a thread asking if he should make this thread, most people say no, he then makes the thread anyway, and fanwanks Thor to invalidate any purpose it could have had.  

Yep, this is a worthwhile thread. 

Remi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Remi

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

So the OP makes a thread asking if he should make this thread, most people say no, he then makes the thread anyway, and fanwanks Thor to invalidate any purpose it could have had. Yep, this is a worthwhile thread.

You also forgot that he and others have made this thread before and that he's done the general "whose powers would you rather have" thread. ^_^

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jorgevy

@yahweh: once again Im confusin, I tought Blue Suns could also increase Kryptonians powers pre 52 and I though that Thor without his hammer still retained several powers

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By Duke_Nasty

I hate both but easily Superman because I could just walk around in street clothes as Superman.

AKA_TERMINATOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AKA_TERMINATOR

@yahweh said:

@Jorgevy said:

Under continous yellow sun exposure, Superman becomes increasingly more powerful: intelligence, strength, speed,etc. All increase.

It's the same as if the longer you stay under a sun without sun tan lotion, the worse your tan becomes, but instead of getting a tan, you get more powerful.

And ONLY a yellow sun can give you your powers.

@AKA_TERMINATOR said:

@TheCannon said:

1. Thor has heat vision

2. Thor has artic breath

3. Superman's powers depend on the sun. Without it, he's human. Thor without his hammer>>>>Superman without the sun.

4. Thor is born with his powers as well.

Very true, as far as thor goes he was a warrior though that had to earn his hammer.

yahweh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By yahweh

@Jorgevy said:

@yahweh: once again Im confusin, I tought Blue Suns could also increase Kryptonians powers pre 52 and I though that Thor without his hammer still retained several powers

Yes on both accounts.

@Duke_Nasty said:

I hate both but easily Superman because I could just walk around in street clothes as Superman.

So can Thor.

yahweh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By yahweh

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

So the OP makes a thread asking if he should make this thread, most people say no, he then makes the thread anyway, and fanwanks Thor to invalidate any purpose it could have had. Yep, this is a worthwhile thread.

They say they don't care, so I make the thread.

And current thor possesses the same powers as classic thor, so be quiet about fanwanking and go read a comic for once in your life.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@yahweh said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

They say they don't care, so I make the thread.

And current thor possesses the same powers as classic thor, so shut the fuck up about fanwanking and go read a comic for once in your life.

I have read a comic, no doubt more than you, which is why I know that the deck is clearly stacked here for everyone to say Thor.  

Whatever validation you're looking for in these threads isn't going to be found. 

Oh, and your name is horribly offensive and tactless.  

And flagged, have a nice day =] 
yahweh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By yahweh

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

I have read a comic, no doubt more than you, which is why I know that the deck is clearly stacked here for everyone to say Thor. Whatever validation you're looking for in these threads isn't going to be found. Oh, and your name is horribly offensive and tactless. And flagged, have a nice day =]

1. You don't know how many comics I've read, so shut up.

2. Not really stacked for Thor, because IF you've read comics, you would classic thor and current thor are one in the same, so I didn't fanwank, I stated the obvious, and yet you had to be informed of something that's common knowledge.

3. My name is merely a name, and it only offends you? Get over it.

4. See ya, troll.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By majestic99

@FadeToBlackBolt: And I guess you have trouble reading seeing as how more people choose Superman.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@yahweh said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

I have read a comic, no doubt more than you, which is why I know that the deck is clearly stacked here for everyone to say Thor. Whatever validation you're looking for in these threads isn't going to be found. Oh, and your name is horribly offensive and tactless. And flagged, have a nice day =]

1. You don't know how many comics I've read, so shut up.

2. Not really stacked for Thor, because IF you've read comics, you would classic thor and current thor are one in the same, so I didn't fanwank, I stated the obvious, and yet you had to be informed of something that's common knowledge.

3. My name is merely a name, and it only offends you? Get over it.

4. See ya, troll.

1. Ever the charmer.  

2. Really? That's fine, I don't remember classic Thor getting taken out by Rhino. Of course, that would be acknowledging that Thor has a weakness, and we don't want to put that down, do we? 

3. Eh, that's a fair call.  

4. Yes, I'm the troll. I'm the one who makes dozens of the same thread, doesn't listen to reason, swears when someone points out our faults and is so starved for attention that I'd make a thread asking people if I should make a thread.  
20000 posts against your 300. Entire wiki-pages written by me against your 162 wikipoints. Of the two of us, I'm clearly the troll. 
majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By majestic99

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

1. Ever the charmer. 2. Really? That's fine, I don't remember classic Thor getting taken out by Rhino. Of course, that would be acknowledging that Thor has a weakness, and we don't want to put that down, do we? 3. Eh, that's a fair call. 4. Yes, I'm the troll. I'm the one who makes dozens of the same thread, doesn't listen to reason, swears when someone points out our faults and is so starved for attention that I'd make a thread asking people if I should make a thread. 20000 posts against your 300. Entire wiki-pages written by me against your 162 wikipoints. Of the two of us, I'm clearly the troll.

1. Whatever

2. I said Current Thor possesses the same powers as Classic Thor, I didn't say he was written the same.

3. So I post more, and make threads?(which aren't the same) Yes. Because I post more I'm a troll.

Your logic is impeccable.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@majestic99 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

1. Ever the charmer. 2. Really? That's fine, I don't remember classic Thor getting taken out by Rhino. Of course, that would be acknowledging that Thor has a weakness, and we don't want to put that down, do we? 3. Eh, that's a fair call. 4. Yes, I'm the troll. I'm the one who makes dozens of the same thread, doesn't listen to reason, swears when someone points out our faults and is so starved for attention that I'd make a thread asking people if I should make a thread. 20000 posts against your 300. Entire wiki-pages written by me against your 162 wikipoints. Of the two of us, I'm clearly the troll.

1. Whatever

2. I said Current Thor possesses the same powers as Classic Thor, I didn't say he was written the same.

3. So I post more, and make threads?(which aren't the same) Yes. Because I post more I'm a troll.

Your logic is impeccable.

Ooooh, so we have to take this based solely on the fact that current Thor should be written as having the Odin Force, Rune powers and alike, but the writers not using any of that is just a little hiccough? Yet you were specific to choose Superman's weakest iteration since the Golden Age. See how obvious it is that you're biased? 

Yeah, not sure where you learned to count, 20000 is more than 300. I post more =] 20000 is even more than 10000, shocking isn't it?  

And your threads are the same.  

"Thor or XXXXX; whose powers would you rather have?" 
"Will Thor love me if I make enough of these threads?"
yahweh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By yahweh

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Ooooh, so we have to take this based solely on the fact that current Thor should be written as having the Odin Force, Rune powers and alike, but the writers not using any of that is just a little hiccough? Yet you were specific to choose Superman's weakest iteration since the Golden Age. See how obvious it is that you're biased? Yeah, not sure where you learned to count, 20000 is more than 300. I post more =] 20000 is even more than 10000, shocking isn't it? And your threads are the same. "Thor or XXXXX; whose powers would you rather have?" "Thor or XXXXX; whose powers would you rather have?" "Will Thor love me if I make enough of these threads?" "Thor or XXXXX; whose powers would you rather have?"

1. Never said that, I merely gave him the Odin Force, you're puttign words in my mouth.

2. You said me making posts makes me a troll, which it doesn't.

3. Still haven't made duplicate threads.

yahweh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By yahweh

@Remi said:

You also forgot that he and others have made this thread before and that he's done the general "whose powers would you rather have" thread. ^_^

1. I am aware of that

2. No I haven't

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@yahweh said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Ooooh, so we have to take this based solely on the fact that current Thor should be written as having the Odin Force, Rune powers and alike, but the writers not using any of that is just a little hiccough? Yet you were specific to choose Superman's weakest iteration since the Golden Age. See how obvious it is that you're biased? Yeah, not sure where you learned to count, 20000 is more than 300. I post more =] 20000 is even more than 10000, shocking isn't it? And your threads are the same. "Thor or XXXXX; whose powers would you rather have?" "Thor or XXXXX; whose powers would you rather have?" "Will Thor love me if I make enough of these threads?" "Thor or XXXXX; whose powers would you rather have?"

1. Never said that, I merely gave him the Odin Force, you're puttign words in my mouth.

2. You said me making posts makes me a troll, which it doesn't.

3. Still haven't made duplicate threads.

1. Oh, so you gave Thor the Odin Force as well as his classic powers. I see. Wait... Doesn't that support my "you buffed Thor up to extremes" theory?  

2. Ugh, no I didn't. I said making the same threads over and over makes you a troll. This is like trying to explain quantum physics to a second grader or a Cannon.  

3. Yes, you have. There's an umbrella thread for these pointless fantasy threads, that you ironically created, which means every one of these threads is a redundancy. 
majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By majestic99

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

1. Oh, so you gave Thor the Odin Force as well as his classic powers. I see. Wait... Doesn't that support my "you buffed Thor up to extremes" theory? 2. Ugh, no I didn't. I said making the same threads over and over makes you a troll. This is like trying to explain quantum physics to a second grader or a Cannon. 3. Yes, you have. There's an umbrella thread for these pointless fantasy threads, that you ironically created, which means everyone of these threads is a redundancy.

1. If you read, I've already said Current Thor possesses the same powers as Classic Thor.

2.I haven't made duplicate threads.

3. So me making threads makes it a fantasy? Your logic is flawless.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@majestic99 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

1. Oh, so you gave Thor the Odin Force as well as his classic powers. I see. Wait... Doesn't that support my "you buffed Thor up to extremes" theory? 2. Ugh, no I didn't. I said making the same threads over and over makes you a troll. This is like trying to explain quantum physics to a second grader or a Cannon. 3. Yes, you have. There's an umbrella thread for these pointless fantasy threads, that you ironically created, which means everyone of these threads is a redundancy.

1. If you read, I've already said Current Thor possesses the same powers as Classic Thor.

2.I haven't made duplicate threads.

3. So me making threads makes it a fantasy? Your logic is flawless.

1. Yes. I know. We've moved past that. I'm addressing the fact that you gave him additional powers that were outside of the ordinary in order to weight the thread. I'm not saying anything against Thor, I'm saying that you have no integrity and are slow.  

2. YES. YOU HAVE. What part of redundancies do you not get? 

3. "Which power would you rather have" is a fantasy question. Seriously, you can't be serious with this. This has to be an act. I mean, no one is this dumb. 
jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38  Edited By jwalser3

Superman

But if I have Thor's power could I lose the Hammer would I lose the power?

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By majestic99

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

1. Yes. I know. We've moved past that. I'm addressing the fact that you gave him additional powers that were outside of the ordinary in order to weight the thread. I'm not saying anything against Thor, I'm saying that you have no integrity and are slow. 2. YES. YOU HAVE. What part of redundancies do you not get? 3. "Which power would you rather have" is a fantasy question. Seriously, you can't be serious with this. This has to be an act. I mean, no one is this dumb.

1. So he has the Odin Force. Big whup. Get over it. It seems since giving Thor the Odin Force is the end of the world I'd say you're the slow one.

2. No I haven't

3. No, it's just a question. Like "where is this from?" or "who is this?" Only difference is you like to criticize me.

0n1zuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#40  Edited By 0n1zuka

@majestic99: FadeToBlackBolt does have a point about your alt's name. It is offensive to some people.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By majestic99

@0n1zuka said:

@majestic99: FadeToBlackBolt does have a point about your alt's name. It is offensive to some people.

They can get over it. Worse things have been said on the internet.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By majestic99

@jwalser3 said:

Superman

But if I have Thor's power could I lose the Hammer would I lose the power?

No, you'll always have the hammer.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@majestic99 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

1. Yes. I know. We've moved past that. I'm addressing the fact that you gave him additional powers that were outside of the ordinary in order to weight the thread. I'm not saying anything against Thor, I'm saying that you have no integrity and are slow. 2. YES. YOU HAVE. What part of redundancies do you not get? 3. "Which power would you rather have" is a fantasy question. Seriously, you can't be serious with this. This has to be an act. I mean, no one is this dumb.

1. So he has the Odin Force. Big whup. Get over it. It seems since giving Thor the Odin Force is the end of the world I'd say you're the slow one.

2. No I haven't

3. No, it's just a question. Like "where is this from?" or "who is this?" Only difference is you like to criticize me.

1. The Odin Force which is basically a plot power, yeah, I'd say it's a big deal. The bigger issue is that you gave Superman weaknesses and a weakened, virtually featless, iteration against a Thor that you've just compiled from every version's most powerful aspects. You have no integrity, you make these threads to fanwank Thor, these are facts that are not in dispute.  

2. Not going to keep arguing that, it's getting sad.  

3. I don't like to criticize you, I point out stupidity in all threads, it's what I do. Also, where is this from and who is this both have a dedicated thread and are locked when someone makes a specific thread for them. Kind of like how there's a dedicated thread for these.... 

Nicely done, proving the opposition's point is always a good defence =] 
jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44  Edited By jwalser3

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

1. The Odin Force which is basically a plot power, yeah, I'd say it's a big deal. The bigger issue is that you gave Superman weaknesses and a weakened, virtually featless, iteration against a Thor that you've just compiled from every versions most powerful aspects. You have no integrity, you make these threads to fanwank Thor, these are facts that are not in dispute.

He has a point.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Onemoreposter

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

This. This so very much.

@majestic99 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt: And I guess you have trouble reading seeing as how more people choose Superman.

Yes, more people have chosen Superman. OP still blatantly stacked the cards in favor of Thor when making this thread.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#46  Edited By the_tree

Superman. He has X-ray vision.

/thread

0n1zuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#47  Edited By 0n1zuka

At any rate, my vote goes to Superman. I've kinda become not so fond of Thor these days, I wonder why that is.

TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TheThe

I want Thor powers in a Supe costume.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By majestic99

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

1. The Odin Force which is basically a plot power, yeah, I'd say it's a big deal. The bigger issue is that you gave Superman weaknesses and a weakened, virtually featless, iteration against a Thor that you've just compiled from every version's most powerful aspects. You have no integrity, you make these threads to fanwank Thor, these are facts that are not in dispute. 2. Not going to keep arguing that, it's getting sad. 3. I don't like to criticize you, I point out stupidity in all threads, it's what I do. Also, where is this from and who is this both have a dedicated thread and are locked when someone makes a specific thread for them. Kind of like how there's a dedicated thread for these.... Nicely done, proving the opposition's point is always a good defence =]

1. Pre 52 Superman has feats

2. Whatever

3. The only stupidity in this thread is you

@jwalser3 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

1. The Odin Force which is basically a plot power, yeah, I'd say it's a big deal. The bigger issue is that you gave Superman weaknesses and a weakened, virtually featless, iteration against a Thor that you've just compiled from every versions most powerful aspects. You have no integrity, you make these threads to fanwank Thor, these are facts that are not in dispute.

He has a point.

Not really. I have said MULTIPLE times that Classic Thor and current Thor are the same AND said it was PRE 52 Superman. I mean, pre 52 Superman has feats, right?

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By SoA

superman, my powers are natural and i don't have to compensate...err... i mean rely, on a over-sized mallet