Thor vs superman which durability feat is better? Full force of a star vs the nuke!

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@rukelnikovftw: Ok, i am getting tired of arguing with MCU fans who simply WANT to have this feat become what it is not. The point of the entire story there was to use the heat of the star to melt Uru. Nothing more, nothing else.

However, people on the Vine who are Thor's fans are suddenly trying to make it up to be a feat of Thor withstanding septillions of tons of force. Which was simply never the intention of the feat.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@rukelnikovftw: Ok, i am getting tired of arguing with MCU fans who simply WANT to have this feat become what it is not. The point of the entire story there was to use the heat of the star to melt Uru. Nothing more, nothing else.

However, people on the Vine who are Thor's fans are suddenly trying to make it up to be a feat of Thor withstanding septillions of tons of force. Which was simply never the intention of the feat.

Dude, you are the one who wants to selectively chop phisycs and decide which apply and which don't, when there's evident no gravity is applied, it should be evident you can't calc the force of the beam.

The feats intent was made cut clear in the movie by Eitri "Take the full force of a star", make of that what you will.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: so, tell me, are we supposed to accept all statements as feats?

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nuke

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they are from a reliable source, and nothing in the story contradicts it, sure.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c531e53b02be
deactivated-5c531e53b02be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone who can say the nuke is better with a straight face has no business on debating website tbh.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: its not a statement when they show him doing it on screen.

TheyCallMeBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone who can say the nuke is better with a straight face has no business on debating website tbh.

They say it, but do they really believe it?

I doubt it

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid said:

If they are from a reliable source, and nothing in the story contradicts it, sure.

In that case we have statements that Superman is stronger than a planet (Batman), can move tectonic plates (newspaper article), and that he is actually FTL as Heat Vision is lightspeed (confirmed by the Handbook). We also have confirmation Diana can react to lightspeed attacks give how she reacted to heat vision. Do you agree with all of those?

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: its not a statement when they show him doing it on screen.

The showing only has to do with heat. If there was any force behind that beam we can safely say that it was less force than what Rocket's spaceship can do as Rocket's escape pod anchored by thor was wrecking the surface of the rings, while the beam didn't.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw said:
@chimeroid said:

In that case we have statements that Superman is stronger than a planet (Batman), can move tectonic plates (newspaper article), and that he is actually FTL as Heat Vision is lightspeed (confirmed by the Handbook). We also have confirmation Diana can react to lightspeed attacks give how she reacted to heat vision. Do you agree with all of those?

On a good dceu feat note we do actually have a scene where superman's heat vision reflects off of cyborg. About 1 minute into the clip: https://youtu.be/V8NAWrKlsAU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: it stated that he would take the full force of a Star, we then see said Star concentrating into a beam

It's common knowledge (or should be) that, that's massively stronger than a nuke.

lariend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Bale is the superior actor given his very impressive versatility. However i think the single best performance should go to Benedict in Sherlock Holmes, he was perfect for the role. But in the end Bales versatility wins, he would be good in everything you casted him in.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By RukelnikovFTW

@chimeroid said:
@rukelnikovftw said:
@chimeroid said:

Is the newspaper a reliable source? Dont think so.

Also the handbook contradicts showings of heat vision not being light speed, since we can see it moving and reacted to.

Batman is the only one I would take as a reliable source that's not contradicted.

Gamer-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pointless thread is pointless ding

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see how Thor's feat can be measured to any acceptable degree given what we saw, and it's more than possible "the full force of a star" was a bit hyperbolic anyway.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: it stated that he would take the full force of a Star, we then see said Star concentrating into a beam

It's common knowledge (or should be) that, that's massively stronger than a nuke.

We see a beam of heat there. The notion that Thor is strong enough to hold down planetary weights is more than idiotic honestly.

@chimeroid said:
@rukelnikovftw said:
@chimeroid said:

Also the handbook contradicts showings of heat vision not being light speed, since we can see it moving and reacted to.

Batman is the only one I would take as a reliable source that's not contradicted.

Why would you say nes about superman saving people aren't reliable? Especially since it was cut out by someone who knew what they were doing.

We see Superman and Wonder WOman reacting to it. Batman was aim dodging. Heat vision also acts like light and it has reached space in a single frame. (btw, i don't think WW and Supes are FTL, i am just pointing out how bad it is to use inflated statements to make the feats better than they are)

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@temporal_shift said:

We see a beam of heat there. The notion that Thor is strong enough to hold down planetary weights is more than idiotic honestly.

@rukelnikovftw said:
@chimeroid said:
@rukelnikovftw said:
@chimeroid said:

Why would you say nes about superman saving people aren't reliable? Especially since it was cut out by someone who knew what they were doing.

I'm generally distrustful of newspapers, they will generally alter the truth, or not tell key parts of it, in order to get better headlines, which is what we saw about the tectonic plates.

We see Superman and Wonder WOman reacting to it. Batman was aim dodging. Heat vision also acts like light and it has reached space in a single frame. (btw, i don't think WW and Supes are FTL, i am just pointing out how bad it is to use inflated statements to make the feats better than they are)

We also see Cyborg raise his arm and deploy his shield after the beam was already fired

ChildoftheAtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman I think pretty handidly has higher durability. You guys can try and say how hot or powerful that "star" was but i think the best thing would be how hot does the uru metal like material have to be to melt. I think it was around there.

It would be tough to convince me that superman couldn't take any damage that Thor can. Probably without injury

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid said:
@temporal_shift said:

@rukelnikovftw said:
@chimeroid said:
@rukelnikovftw said:
@chimeroid said:

I'm generally distrustful of newspapers, they will generally alter the truth, or not tell key parts of it, in order to get better headlines, which is what we saw about the tectonic plates.

We also see Cyborg raise his arm and deploy his shield after the beam was already fired

Which, if we go by "statements are feats" logic, would just mean that Cyborg is FTL too.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By RukelnikovFTW

@chimeroid said:
@rukelnikovftw said:
@chimeroid said:
@temporal_shift said:

@rukelnikovftw said:
@chimeroid said:
@rukelnikovftw said:
@chimeroid said:

Which, if we go by "statements are feats" logic, would just mean that Cyborg is FTL too.

No, because there are many in universe indications of him not being FTL, you could say it is an outlier though, to keep the idea of HV being FTL. However I remember there were many more instances that challenged the idea of LS HV.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: There are also a lot of in-universe indications that Thor is faaaaar below planetary. THere are a lot of issues that challenge the idea of this showing having actual impact force of over several hundred tons. And, we are back to square one. You either take statements as Gospel and Thor is strong enough to hold a star, while Superman, WW, and Cyborg are all FTL and Planetary in tier. Or, you can stay objective, and look at the movies as a whole to analyze each feat fairly.

Thor clearly tanked millions of degrees of heat. Clearly more impressive than what Supes did. However, it just wasn't that much impact force behind it.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By RukelnikovFTW

@chimeroid said:

@rukelnikovftw: There are also a lot of in-universe indications that Thor is faaaaar below planetary. THere are a lot of issues that challenge the idea of this showing having actual impact force of over several hundred tons. And, we are back to square one. You either take statements as Gospel and Thor is strong enough to hold a star, while Superman, WW, and Cyborg are all FTL and Planetary in tier. Or, you can stay objective, and look at the movies as a whole to analyze each feat fairly.

Review your own logic, if we go by statements, HV is LS, not Superman, not WW, and certainly not Cyborg.

And for the record, IDK what you think I'm trying to say is, I don't think Thor is as durable as a small star, or has the AP necessary to destroy one. As I said before I don't think applying physics to that feat holds much weight at all, and so we have to go with the statements and the clear intent behind them.

Thor clearly tanked millions of degrees of heat. Clearly more impressive than what Supes did. However, it just wasn't that much impact force behind it.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw:

Review your own logic, if we go by statements, HV is LS, not Superman, not WW, and certainly not Cyborg.

If HV is LS, then anyone who reacted to it is LS too, or at least has LS reaction speed. That includes Superman, WW, Cyborg, and Doomsday.

And for the record, IDK what you think I'm trying to say is, I don't think Thor is as durable as a small star, or has the AP necessary to destroy one. As I said before I don't think applying physics to that feat holds much weight at all, and so we have to go with the statements and the clear intent behind them.

Or, we can go with the actual context of the feat and see that they only used the star for its heat. THus, this feat is one of tanking increidble heat.

lariend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike_fowler: Goddammit... i can't be asked finding the other thread aswell

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw:

If HV is LS, then anyone who reacted to it is LS too, or at least has LS reaction speed. That includes Superman, WW, Cyborg, and Doomsday.

Hmm... yeah... except that does contradict... like Diana's sword falling while everyone is frozen in the scene where Flashe jolts the sword a bit so she can reach it...

Or, we can go with the actual context of the feat and see that they only used the star for its heat. THus, this feat is one of tanking increidble heat.

Heat, radiation, magnetism... why cut it at heat? IDK...

I'm probably not gonna reply anymore, since this is going in circles.

TheyCallMeBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Thor's feat is a massive outlier, it shouldn't really be used in debates unless ofc you ignore logical consistency and truly believe that Thor can no-sell planetary busting attacks since he took the full force of a Star despite of his previous feats that contradicts the one currently being discussed in this thread.

TheyCallMeBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By TheyCallMeBT

@thebestofthebest: Thor definitely can't no sell a planet busting attack, but he probably won't die from it.

Let's see what all has KO'd a "fully powered" Thor unconscious....

- Walking through a storm of Reality Stone energy and creating a backlash by striking Malekith with Mjolnir. Malekith was in the process of plunging the entire universe into darkness with the stone.

- Sokovia being destroyed and most of the landmass being vaporized.

- His spaceship being destroyed by the Power Stone which has actually busted planets.

- Being blasted with the "full force of a star", the films words not mine.

.........doesn't seem like much of an outlier to me lol

TheyCallMeBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By TheyCallMeBT

Before Ragnarok and Infinity War I understood all the "MCU Thor is nerfed", "MCU Thor is weak" comments because he didn't have any big jump off the screen at you type strength feats.

But one thing he's always had is INSANE durability feats. He doesn't always flat out no sell stuff, he's gets hurt, he grunts, he feels pain. All that may be true, however it has always taken extremely powerful things to seriously harm him. Even when he gets stabbed by Loki and impaled by Hela 10 times he just grunts and takes a little time to recover then continues fighting like nothing happened.

His damage soak is bananas, the star forge beam is the only thing that has come close to actually killing him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thats not star level. Thats not even planet level.

But it is safe to say it is obviously better than the nuke.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand, if the surface of that star is at most 1 million degrees and the heat of a nuke is upwards of 50 million degrees, how is the star feat better?

ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By ThEBeStOfTheBeST
Avatar image for deactivated-5b08fcbc3fb03
deactivated-5b08fcbc3fb03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5b08fcbc3fb03
deactivated-5b08fcbc3fb03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By ThEBeStOfTheBeST
@gokuisstrongest said:

@thebestofthebest: I'll make u cry in bed.

Oh the salty Widdle Baby is still crying. Worry not little one, I'll buy your mom some diapers, hopefully then you'll stop crying.

WhyZoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By WhyZoSerious

A very reliable source/character in the damn movie says - "full force of a star". superman fanboys respond - "no, every statement should be questioned".

I don't know, they(MCU) are probably lying so Thor can beat superman in this durability contest. Damn, that conspiracy, they should read the vine, I got no other reasonable explanation.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A nuke vs a star

Hmmm

I mean that's the first thing that pops up in my mind, what does everyone else think lol

TheyCallMeBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebestofthebest: I don't high ball anyone, I just say what happened bro.

I even have an entire thread about Thor not being a planet buster.

ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 nwname  Moderator

@chimeroid: 1- in context 'stronger than a planet' means he cant be destroyed by a mother box's terraforming. It can grow crystals that break rock so it can eventually end a planet but can it break a material stronger than steel ? No.

2- news papers exaggerate. Earthquakes are not caused by an entire plate shifting but parts of it.

3- its light speed not ftl

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By nwname  Moderator

@DammeFavour: "I don't understand lightning is 50000K and sun is 6000K how is walking on the sun more impressive than surviving a lightning bolt ?" Humans cans jurvive getting hit by lightning but not standing on the sun or lava. The difference is duration. A nuke relases 10^15j because its temperature drops in 0.0000001 seconds. A star releases 10^25j/s. You take much higher levels of heat by standing near a star since its not just an instantaneous burst but continuous.

TheMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is this even debatable? The star feat obviously

Vulkanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TIL nukes are star level.

OMEGALUL.

WarDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman used Doomsday as a bulletproof vest, so, I'm sure the nuke would have destroyed him if it hit him directly. The star feat is better

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: 1- in context 'stronger than a planet' means he cant be destroyed by a mother box's terraforming. It can grow crystals that break rock so it can eventually end a planet but can it break a material stronger than steel ? No.

2- news papers exaggerate. Earthquakes are not caused by an entire plate shifting but parts of it.

3- its light speed not ftl

Regarding the newspaper, it stated that supes shifed a tectonic plate and prevented a devastating earthquake. Not that supes stopped an earthquake by shifting a plate.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardevil said:

Superman used Doomsday as a bulletproof vest, so, I'm sure the nuke would have destroyed him if it hit him directly. The star feat is better

That means nothing in the context of being at the center of a nuke.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Thor in terms of heat and Superman in blunt force. Thor is still more durable of two though.