Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By marvelfanboy

1.Versions

• Current Thor(classic feats still count) and pre 52 Superman

2. The Mighty Thor and Superman are the heavy-hitters of their respective universes, so its expected that this is without question the most discussed versus debate amongst comic book fans. No other versus battle comes close to being talked about as much than this one. Try to start a “Superman vs Thor” thread on any forum(like here) and the first response is sure to be: “Not this again”.

Strength

No Caption Provided

Thor has lifted the Midgard Serpent, who was so large it could coil itself around Earth several times and crush it within it's grip, shattered planets with the force of his blows, stalemate Hulk's strength for an entire hour(who is Marvel's strongest character), crumbled uru metal into dust with his bare hands,etc.

Superman has moved the gears of a machine that dwarfed the entire Earth/Moon system itself, fight powerhouses like Doomsday, defeat Mongul in 60 seconds with nothing but his fists, lifted the Eath with the help of Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman, etc.

Final Analysis: Being the heavy hitters of their respective universes, this is a tie. As neither, if written consistently, would show upper limits to their strength.

Speed(Travel)

No Caption Provided

Thor has caught up the godling Zefra, created trenches before his enemy to which not even Quicksilver could react, and can travel as fast as the lightning he commands. Perhaps his most impressive travel speed feat was when he caught up to Ego, the living planet, who was moving in hyperspace. Meaning Thor had to have been traveling at least three times faster to overtake Ego in speed(Source for Ego: Astonishing Thor#2).

Superman has traveled across continents in seconds, traveled around the world over 3 times in less the blink of eye, kept up with speedsters such as Barry Allen, although not as fast as Barry nor even as Wally,(source for race with Barry: The Flash Rebirth #3),etc.

Final Analysis: When it comes down to it, thanks to mjolnir, Thor can travel at FTL speeds that surpass even Superman. This goes to Thor.

Speed(Reactionary)

Not much to say here, Superman has nano-second reaction time, and has blitzed characters ranging from Gog to Mongul and everyone in between(even Doomsday).

Although Thor has struck down a moving Quicksilver and claimed to have fought enemies faster than him and possesses micro-second reaction time, Thor's lack of reactionary speed feats gives this area to Superman.

Winner: Superman, by a long shot.

Stamina

No Caption Provided

It's already known that both Thor and Superman possess limitless stamina. However:

Final Analysis: Due to Thor's stamina deriving from his physiology(internal), and Superman's stamina deriving from solar energy(external). All Thor has to do is get Superman to fight under any other sun but yellow, and Superman will drain his solar energy reserves, and thus, tire, very quickly. This goes to Thor.

Durability

No Caption Provided

Thor has withstood unrestrained blows from Hulk, on multiple occasions(as I said before, Marvel's strongest character), punches from Gladiator(one of the more powerful Superman clones), nuclear bombs(that's right multiple) at point blank range with no injury, a Doomsday Bomb(capable of destroying an entire planet), sitting in the core of the sun, Ghost Rider's hellfire(Thor was actually immune to it), temperatures 1,000 times hotter than the sun and blasts from the Asgardian Destroyer Armor, and even attacks from the all-powerful race known as the Celestials(Fourth Host, to be exact).

Superman has withstood nuclear explosions, laser attacks powered by the core of planets, bullets, temperature extremes(as hot as the surface of the sun without even the slightest discomfort), and has even withstood Darkseid's omega beams, a feat previously thought to be impossible, planets colliding, and even a supernova-which destroyed all of the planets in the surrounding solar system(although the explosion did knock Superman out, he had no visible damage)

Final Analysis: Being able to dish out attacks from beings who can warp reality at a mere whim vs being able to survive a supernova, I give the durability to Thor, slightly.

Healing Factor

No Caption Provided

Thor can heal from any injury instantly.....only with magical assistance or the Odin Force.

Superman can heal from any injury instantly due to his solar powered healing factor.

Final Analysis: Due to their being no Odin Force/magical assistance for Thor and no kryptonite for Superman, the winner is Superman.

Overall Power

No Caption Provided

Thor has a vast arsenal of different powers and abilities and I'm not about to sit here and even attempt to list them all. I'm only going to discuss a few that would relevant in battle.

Thor can transmute elements, teleport Superman to any location he desires, use alpha particles to disintegrate Superman in one shot, absorb the solar energy from Superman's cells and cause him to lose his solar based powers, draw out Superman's life force and weaken Superman, etc. And on a defensive note, with the ability to create a force field that is capable of containing energy that can destroy 1/5 of the entire universe, Superman isn't getting through Thor's barrier defenses if Thor wills it.

Thanks to mjolnir, the overall power(due to versatility and sheer destructiveness), goes to Thor.

Total points: Seven

Thor's: Four

Superman's: Two

Tie: One

Masterr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Masterr

Which versions are you talking about? Supes also survived a supernova, survived inside a double black hole, held a miniature black hole, survived two colliding planets etc. etc. Depends on the version.

These are much greater durability feats than the ones you posted

The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By The_Thunderer

@marvelfanboy: Wicked. Like it relatively unbiased..you forgot superman pulling the earth though...

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By KainScion

@Masterr: hulk has survived nukes. several times.

Avatar image for almighty_darkseid
Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Almighty_Darkseid

@KainScion: blackholes > nukes

Avatar image for drinkurprunejuice77
DrinkUrPruneJuice77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfanboy: good points. But I still say Thor and Supes are deadlocked. Also Thor has beaten Hulk 3 times btw which is why Hulk will NEVER best supes.

Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Almighty_Darkseid

@DrinkUrPruneJuice77 said:

@marvelfanboy: good points. But I still say Thor and Supes are deadlocked. Also Thor has beaten Hulk 3 times btw which is why Hulk will NEVER best supes.

agreed

ALMIGHTY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ALMIGHTY

Great post man love how you mostly left your opinion out and mostly stated facts. Leaving us to decide who's the victor.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By KainScion

@Almighty_Darkseid: how do you know?

Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Superman traveled from the Vega system to Earth, a distance of 25 light years, in minutes at most.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

@Masterr said:

Which versions are you talking about? Supes also survived a supernova, survived inside a double black hole, held a miniature black hole, survived two colliding planets etc. etc. Depends on the version.

But most of those feats are PIS.

I.A.T.

The_Red_Blur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Red_Blur

No there not

Malonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Malonius

I think Mjolnir's speed makes up for Thor's reaction speed disadvantage. Thor should win most fights with Superman.

Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@KainScion: blackholes has more mass, and can suck in whole planets... nukes cant even destroy half of a continent...

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By toptom

@Masterr said:

this.

coolguyr99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By coolguyr99

@The Man of Yesteryear: When was this?

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By toptom

@The Man of Yesteryear said:

Superman traveled from the Vega system to Earth, a distance of 25 light years, in minutes at most.

and this.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

Superman should have better durability than Thor ... the OP didn't bring up the super nova, black hole or New Genesis and Apokolips colliding on him

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jashro44

@Petey_is_Spidey said:

@Masterr said:

I.A.T.

And the feats brought up for thor weren't his highest showings ever?

Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: thor got defeated by hulk before, that would never happen to superman

Masterr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Masterr

By the way, Hulk is not Marvel's strongest and you also didn't mention the feat of Thor lifting Asgard, he had help from BRB, but it's still a decent feat.

Masterr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Masterr

@KainScion said:

@Masterr: hulk has survived nukes. several times.

And?

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By bigcimmerian

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

@KainScion: blackholes has more mass, and can suck in whole planets... nukes cant even destroy half of a continent...

Thor can also survived black holes, he even escaped from one of them

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By z3ro180

@marvelfanboy:OH MY GOD SUPES WINS HANDS DOWN GGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Haha thats my attempt of humor....nop ok any way cool post its nice to see a post with an unbiest opinion. Also Thor and Supes are my favorite characters in comic.

corona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By corona

the most important thing is speed. superman has thor beaten by the thousands. thor has never and will never be able to beat supes

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

@jashro44: thor got defeated by hulk before, that would never happen to superman

Superman has been defeated by Catwoman, that would never happen to Thor. See what I did there?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jashro44

@venomoushatred1001: From what I have heard that wasn't the real superman. All though yea I agree thor losing to hulk is a low showing.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By blackadamFTW

@Petey_is_Spidey said:

@Masterr said:

I.A.T.

I don't see how.

@KainScion said:

@Almighty_Darkseid: how do you know?

Science and common knowledge. This is one of the few times I actually agree with him.

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

Supes has escaped from one as well.

Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Kinasin_

Biased OP.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jayfournines

Again, I have to ask...isn't Thor just being pulled by Mjolnir when he travels? I heard once that he doesn't actually fly, but is aided by the hammer. Also, I disagree on the durability front.

marvelfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By marvelfanboy

@Masterr said:

Current Thor(classic feats still count) and pre dc reboot Superman.

This was supposed to be a debate breakdown. I'm going to be doing more of these IF no fanboys and trolls derail my thread into flame wars. I'm am not going to share my personal opinion on who wins in a thor vs superman fight.

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Superman should have better durability than Thor ... the OP didn't bring up the super nova, black hole or New Genesis and Apokolips colliding on him

Give me a few minutes to edit OP, then. I disagree on the durability part.

@Masterr said:

By the way, Hulk is not Marvel's strongest and you also didn't mention the feat of Thor lifting Asgard, he had help from BRB, but it's still a decent feat.

If Hulk isn't the strongest Marvel character then who is?

@Kinasin_ said:

Biased OP.

I wasn't being biased.

@Jayfournines said:

Again, I have to ask...isn't Thor just being pulled by Mjolnir when he travels? I heard once that he doesn't actually fly, but is aided by the hammer. Also, I disagree on the durability front.

Yes and no.

Yes, 99% of the time, Thor swing mjolnir in the direction Thor wants to go and mjolnir causes Thor to fly.

No because Thor can keep his hammer at his waist when hovering in mid air.

marvelfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By marvelfanboy

@BigCimmerian said:

Scans?

Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

Superman has been defeated by Catwoman, that would never happen to Thor. See what I did there?

when has superman been defeated by catwoman? see what i did there?

Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfanboy said:

@BigCimmerian said:

Scans?

yes, i would like to see scans of it

marvelfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By marvelfanboy

@Almighty_Darkseid:

Please don't derail this thread, please.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#36  Edited By ReVamp

This makes no sense. Even if these stats were true, you can't simply assume someone wins because he/she has a couple of stats slightly above the other, when the other has a stat so ridiculously above the former.

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By vuviper

@marvelfanboy: You know your point system doesn't really mean anything. No battle is decided by who beat who in some number of criteria. For example, Daredevil is superior to Magneto in speed, strength, durability etc. And Magneto is superior in EM manipulation. Guess who wins?

Avatar image for drinkurprunejuice77
DrinkUrPruneJuice77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfanboy: If Hulk isn't the strongest Marvel character then who is?

I say Trion Juggernaut imo. He was able to punch through dimensions by sheer brute force.

Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfanboy said:

@Almighty_Darkseid:

Please don't derail this thread, please.

whatever kid

marvelfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By marvelfanboy

@vuviper said:

@marvelfanboy: You know your point system doesn't really mean anything. No battle is decided by who beat who in some number of criteria. For example, Daredevil is superior to Magneto in speed, strength, durability etc. And Magneto is superior in EM manipulation. Guess who wins?

I know. That's why I called it a debate "breakdown" not a "one character beats the other because of more points."

@ReVamp said:

This makes no sense. Even if these stats were true, you can't simply assume someone wins because he/she has a couple of stats slightly above the other, when the other has a stat so ridiculously above the former.

1. The stats are true.

2. Thor and Superman do have very high end feats(I haven't listed of all of them, obviously). But I find it better to use a few consistent high end feats than one really, really, really, really high end feat.

marvelfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By marvelfanboy

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

@marvelfanboy said:

@BigCimmerian said:

Scans?

Thor's equal, Beta Ray Bill has.

@marvelfanboy: If Hulk isn't the strongest Marvel character then who is?

I say Trion Juggernaut imo. He was able to punch through dimensions by sheer brute force.

That's a specific version of a character. I was talking about a general character. Like when I say "Hulk," I don't mean "World Breaker Hulk." Or when I say "Superman" I don't mean "All Star Superman."

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

when has superman been defeated by catwoman? see what i did there?

That made no sense.

Don't remember the issue but Catwoman defeated Superman, Flash, Green Lantern, and Batman. True story.

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By vuviper

@marvelfanboy: Well what's the point of it then?

The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@venomoushatred1001: it was a dream sequence iirc

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By bigcimmerian

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

@marvelfanboy said:

@BigCimmerian said:

Scans?

marvelfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By marvelfanboy

@BigCimmerian:

I remember that, that would be a FTL travel speed feat for Thor(Hulk #5, I believe, I haven't read that issue in a while because it was written by Jeph Loeb).

@vuviper said:

@marvelfanboy: Well what's the point of it then?

To show how one character fares against another in different areas.

It's much better than saying "name wins" in every "Thor vs Superman" thread only to have locked for attracting fanboys and starting flame wars.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By bigcimmerian

@Jayfournines said:

Thor can fly in the same manner as the Storm, by manipulating air and wind around him, but he cannot fly faster than light without hammer and cannot travel through space without Mjolnir

marvelfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By marvelfanboy

@ALMIGHTY said:

Great post man love how you mostly left your opinion out and mostly stated facts. Leaving us to decide who's the victor.

Are you serious?

@The Man of Yesteryear said:

What do you think about my OP?(please don't start a flame war, I just want your thoughts without insults)

The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfanboy said:

(please don't start a flame war, I just want your thoughts without insults)

what are you implying

marvelfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By marvelfanboy

@The Man of Yesteryear:

I just wanted your opinion on this, and I didn't want this to end up like all other Thor vs Superman threads(it's not personal).