Thor strenght

• 98 results
Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

okay so i want to know how strong thor is physically and is he planetary level or less

indominus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

as strong as the plot needs him to be

Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah about that

Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i mean to ask like can he bust or lift a planet/moon or not

Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i know countless threads about this topic have been made and people may not be interested to answer but i really need to know how strong is he and why his good feats are dubunked most of the time

Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In terms of raw strength he's about as strong as anyone if you are comparing him to other heroes. He is roughly planetary in terms of his striking.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Hajduk

When pushed he is absolutely planetary in both lifting and striking. He’s probably not star level though, but he is with Mjolnir. Any tier above that would require massive amps like the Odinforce, which made him universal.

Froltem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Froltem

@the_hajduk said:

He’s probably not star level though, but he is with Mjolnir.

Do you have any basis for that? I'd love to see any of Thor's star level feats, aside from meaningless statements.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Hajduk

@froltem: His best feat that I can recall is when he cracked a celestial’s skull open with the shockwave shaking the earth.

Perfawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember things like Classic Thor getting hit by an axe which was stated to be equal to the force of a dying star.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Solidly planetary.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IIRC the shockwaves from his battle against Gorr were cracking a nearby moon, its a shared feat, but comfortably above planetary

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By asgardianweapon

@punyaamrit: @the_hajduk: @rukelnikovftw: @perfawesome:

@indominus said:

as strong as the plot needs him to be

The answer is basicaly this

@punyaamrit: @the_hajduk: @rukelnikovftw: @perfawesome:

However i think the confusion is because i brought many star level feats recently. They are all from the respect thread of the best feats Thor has that are consistent (and not like his outlier feats) with a plus of being a character comparision...

in fact i wanted to cav Thor vs Hulk and was preparing to do so as to make the Thor forum more active and the fans more happy

I would put Thor at planetary+, but he does have a surprising amount of feats and scalling on this level. Without further adue here they are:

MYSELF

( durability)
No sells the weight of half a planet

No Caption Provided

The every next panel shows that he was tricking Kang to reveal his plan.

(durability)
Survive a explosion bigger than many planets

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11128/111283294/5180882-7762752616-wHZMD.jpg

(throwing hammer)
Here is Thor throwing a planet sized prision. His whole body strength and striking could be stronger than this and much of the force should (?) disperse in the chain and hammer.

https://i.imgur.com/js1OPYn.jpg

(durability and strength)
Survives the weight of a "score" (meaning 20 at least) planets (note that Umar is a Skyfather so it is well within her powers)

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-3753e440e8dfa35a6759c01600c96029.webp

(hammer hit)
Hits hard enough that transforms a planet to energy.Please note that to turn matter to energy and vice versa is very hard for example there was a calc that to turn a person of 2.2 m in energy it would take 2.2 gigatons of energy and Thor did that to a planet. don´t wan´t to consider it as beyond planet because of whatever downplay you want to do? ok, still planet level as it was done in one strike and the planet is the exact size of earth. (could be star level)

im not sure where to put this, so will let in the planet level stuff

ttps://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/scale_super/11114/111147613/4280819-19.jpg

(striking strength with hammer)
Was destroying the planet and the moon without hitting it, and shockwaves get dramaticaly weaker by the meter that they travel and the narration say "words" plural so prob was affecting more

little bit of context: Gorr doesn´t seem to be hitting Thor with blunt force, just with weapon if you read the narration and Thor should be not be at maximum capacity as Gorr weapon is literaly eating his flesh

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-c4f79fc2fd2eb95aa5bbeb44922f85e4

(fists plus lighting)
with a lighting punch made a lighting that was relative to the size of this ship. He could hold a small solar sistem inside. so the ship is solar sistem+ and the punch would be at least planet level,likely much higher. And it was unwhorty "odinson" that did it, to show that there is not much distintion between "classic Thor" and "modern Thor".

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/scale_medium/11111/111113401/5892107-0986200030-86_06.jpg

Now feats that are clearly star level

(throwing strength) Thor and beta destroy together many stars (i don´t know if their hits are stronger than this, cause people hit harder then they throw, but it can´t get weaker.)

https://i.imgur.com/nUEJ43f.jpg

Skurge throw a supernova level attack at Thor who is dazed

https://dreager1.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/thordurability03energyj.jpg

(durability)
Tanks a supernova (again, before you ask about consistence)

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/scale_medium/14/149643/2937850-2622060_warlock_infinity_21_21.jpg

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/scale_medium/14/149643/2937851-2622061_warlock_infinity_21_22.jpg

(lifting strength)
The famous weight of a netron star feat.

Notice that he simply overpowers meaning his limit is above this

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/109250/2247729-ThorStrength25.jpg

(hitting with mjolnirs)
shook "stars" note that this means more than one and as his star system was not bynary then the attacks would have to cross a pretty large distance

context: Made with Two Mjolnir. Prob outlier

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/scale_super/11113/111132618/3528463-thor%20shook%20the%20stars.jpg

for some reason im having formating issues i will try to edit this post later up in a nicer format

Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianweapon: do u think he is stronger than superman or not,especially considering his 20 planets feat

Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cause most of his good feats are debunked like the serpent one

Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And if it isn't we always have the serpent one

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor should be planetary

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor should be planetary. Might take him a few hits like gladiator but I'm sure he could bust one

Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can he beat wonder woman

Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cause in my opinion speed is the only advantage she has against Thor

asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krimsonboris: i don't get why people dissmiss feats like these.

The second best source of info about the potency of an attack without counting destruction capabilities are what the characters have to say about the feat. The best (again without counting busting feats) is in the narration.

Nobody doubts super when he say he can blow up planets or Pre retcon Beyonder when he says his not even room busting attack could destroy many universes. For a more abstract comparision when something thretens to kill superman we can assume it is planetary even if we don't see much destruction. Unless you have an good argument in the coubtrary it's the same thing.

You can have reasonable doubt if the characters say stuff that isn't consistent like Thor saying "million suns/thousand stars" but i just showed many feats above this one. The neutron star for example. The feat is literaly done by a Skyfather, which in classic days meant that 10, 20 planets wouldn't be nothing

The feat is not all that unreasonable as it sounds. Call it outlier but to say that it is hyperbole you should have an stronger argument than this.

@punyaamrit: my honest opinion is that it is impossible to know who is stronger cause it depends in the plot and it is even worse cause they are not even from the same verse.

Even with the star level feats (and i found more of them in jason aaron run) Thor is much more consistent in the planet level than star level.

Supes seem to have better feats of lifting planets and stuff. Thor has fewer ones and as supes can flie fast with then we can't know how strong it is. Thor has the prision, the neuron star and the midgard serpent feat which...i don't think was debunked realy.

They have very similar feats, an argument could be made for both but if you want to argue without an doubt just looking for plain better busting/lifting feats

Supes has much more lifting feats than Thor

Thor has much more striking feats then superman

You should argue to whoever you want as there is no defined answer lol

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's one legit star level feat in this whole thread.

Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krimsonboris: so thor lifting 20 planets is unacceptable but superman sneezing away a galaxy is

Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about the time where he pushed the world engine

Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that is not a lifting feat but still counts for strength

asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By asgardianweapon

@battle123axe said:

Feel free to argue why, but i don´t see much room to argue against what happened on screen or was stated by the narration.

Why would the narration, something especific made to describe what happened so we can understand it lie. Go ahead try to explain to me

So i say there are 4. You say that there are one. Explain your point

Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My opinion is that thor is the strongest superhero only second to hulk

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle123axe said:

Feel free to argue why, but i don´t see much room to argue against what happened on screen or was stated by the narration.

Why would the narration, something especific made to describe what happened so we can understand it lie. Go ahead try to explain to me

(durability)

So, reading the issue because i was suspicious, he didn't actually tank the explosion lmao. He set it off with god lightning and grabbed the Hulk, who was right next to him and hightailed it out of there with the avengers. At best he may have tanked a small bit of the initial or first explosion, but so did hulk and Thor ran away from the explosion. Every scan we see of thor here he's running away, and the scan you used he caught up with the avengers who weren't much further away and were also running away. If thor tanked it then so did captain america. The feat is more of a reaction/travel speed feat, and it's not bad admittedly.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2
I thought this was legit till i looked closer
He didn't tank anything
He didn't tank anything
No Caption Provided

Avengers Assemble #7

(throwing hammer)

Here is Thor throwing a planet sized prision. His whole body strength and striking could be stronger than this and much of the force should (?) disperse in the chain and hammer.

Good feat.

Survives the weight of a "score" (meaning 20 at least) planets (note that Umar is a Skyfather so it is well within her powers)

Good feat, if somewhat outliery.

Hits hard enough that transforms a planet to energy.Please note that to turn matter to energy and vice versa is very hard for example there was a calc that to turn a person of 2.2 m in energy it would take 2.2 gigatons of energy and Thor did that to a planet. don´t wan´t to consider it as beyond planet because of whatever downplay you want to do? ok, still planet level as it was done in one strike and the planet is the exact size of earth. (could be star level)

If the feat was actually legit, it would be star level. I did the calc, this would be .05 supernovas. But Thor didn't actually transform the planet to energy. He hit tony stark's and banner and iron man 3030's machine hard enough to embed the already out of phase planet into the same space as earth and leave it's energy fields, which were on panel shown to shoot out country sized gusts of energy, to be harvested. Now do i know that it's the country sized energy blasts that are being harvested? No, but it's the most logical assumption, certainly more logical than he turned the entire planet into energy. That doesn't even make sense lmao, and nowhere is it mentioned that the other planet becomes energy, it's said that

1. They share the same space
  2. Energy is being harvestedfrom the planet
No Caption Provided

The comic made it pretty clear. The moon sized machine on the planet moved the planet slightly out of phase so it wouldn't hit earth;

No Caption Provided

and thor "embedded the axis", which quite literally means he hammered in the nail that connected the two planets together so that the phased rogue planet wouldn't just fly through earth and so that earth could safely harvest the energy it was spewing. Not impressive, not planetary. The actually impressive feats in that issue were portrayed pretty clearly. Hulk sending a moon sized ship flying at hundreds of thousands of miles per hour, hyperion catching a planet, starbrand blasting out a landing area for a moon sized ship in seconds.Not thor. He hit a large nail lmao.

Avengers #24

im not sure where to put this, so will let in the planet level stuff

ttps://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/scale_super/11114/111147613/4280819-19.jpg

(striking strength with hammer)

Was destroying the planet and the moon without hitting it, and shockwaves get dramaticaly weaker by the meter that they travel and the narration say "words" plural so prob was affecting more

little bit of context: Gorr doesn´t seem to be hitting Thor with blunt force, just with weapon if you read the narration and Thor should be not be at maximum capacity as Gorr weapon is literaly eating his flesh

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-c4f79fc2fd2eb95aa5bbeb44922f85e4

To be fair, Thor was only shown putting large cracks in a planet or moon and was hitting by narration hard enough to basically rip apart his own body.

(fists plus lighting)

with a lighting punch made a lighting that was relative to the size of this ship. He could hold a small solar sistem inside. so the ship is solar sistem+ and the punch would be at least planet level,likely much higher. And it was unwhorty "odinson" that did it, to show that there is not much distintion between "classic Thor" and "modern Thor".

Size isn't always an indicator of power, and while I do think it's a clearly impressive feat and the lightning bolt stretches billions of miles, it's also the width of a building by the art shown of it blasting out of asgard and didn't kill proxima midnight, who had a good fight with luke cage. It's not planet level, the lightning was impressive in scale, but not power and the actual force of the punch itself didn't do anything.

Now feats that are clearly star level

(throwing strength) Thor and beta destroy together many stars (i don´t know if their hits are stronger than this, cause people hit harder then they throw, but it can´t get weaker.)

https://i.imgur.com/nUEJ43f.jpg

It's been stated and shown many times that two mjolnirs or such hammers when combined together are exponentially more powerful than what one can do. i can cite jane foster slamming two mjolnirs together and cracking the walls of time and space and summoning universal lightning. She can't do that by herself. I can also cite what you later brought up of Thor using two mjolnirs to destroy something she was completely unable to alone.

Note how thor says "If the two hammers can collide within the portal then perhaps" . That portal being destroyed isn't because they can do it by themselves, or they would've. It's destroyed because mjolnir and stormbreaker have exponentially increased power when they collide. They don't demonstrate such power again the entire run, and knock each other out with country level blows.

(durability)

That's a fair outlier.

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/scale_medium/14/149643/2937850-2622060_warlock_infinity_21_21.jpg

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/scale_medium/14/149643/2937851-2622061_warlock_infinity_21_22.jpg

That was in a dream sequence. It didn't actually happen.

(lifting strength)

The famous weight of a netron star feat.

Notice that he simply overpowers meaning his limit is above this

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/109250/2247729-ThorStrength25.jpg

The marvel editor in chief said that this isn't actually the weight of a neutron star. He literally said that it flat out wasn't because that would have wreaked too much damage. It may have surrounded him with gravitational effecs akin ,as the narration says, to one, but it didn't actually have the weight of one.

Hell, has anyone read the scan? it says nothing about the weight of a neutron star and everything about the gravitational pull of one. It says that the gravitional force is like the gravitational force of a neutron star, and even ignoring Brevoort's statement, that means that the gravitational force on thor's body was 10^11 times higher, changing his original weight of 640 pounds to 64 trillion. it's an impressive feat, moving under 64 trillion tons of weight but not even country level, let alone planet, and certainly not star level. Anyone can do the math, google it..

If you want to factor in the durability feat of the probably ton or so of metal hitting him each with a weight 10^11 times higher that's markedly more impressive, and him throwing them off probably puts the feat at quadrillions of pounds, but it's still not even moon level.

It was so easy debunking Thor's favorite "star level feat" and i didn't even have to use brevoort's statement, which might make it even lower. One wonders whether anybody actually took the time to read the scan.

(hitting with mjolnirs)

shook "stars" note that this means more than one and as his star system was not bynary then the attacks would have to cross a pretty large distance

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/scale_super/11113/111132618/3528463-thor%20shook%20the%20stars.jpg

Yeah, no. It doesn't say anything about shockwaves, it's done with two mjolnirs which vastly increase power, and it's not even a star level feat if taken like how you're taking it, it's a feat with shockwaves that cover hundreds of lightyears.

OR, the more reasonable answer is that it says stars tremble at the mjolnir's roar, not at thor's hits. 1 Mjolnir has a sentient galaxy sized space storm in it, and it's been powerful enough to snuff out stars like candles. No surprise the roar makes stars tremble, it's all the mother storm thundering, not thor's actual power.

Also off of memory the Midgard serpent feat was debunked because thor magically was amped in size to be the size of a moon and wrestle it.

That's 1 star level feat (skurge), one massively multiplanetary one (score of planets), and the planet level ship towing feat. I'd say only the ship feat is actually consistent.

The rest of these are chock full of context or flat out wrong.

Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what bout this

asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok , im tired and you made a real great job at arguying your point , gonna re-read and do some research in the near future, but some things here stand out to me

@asgardianweapon said:
@battle123axe said:

(durability)

So, reading the issue because i was suspicious, he didn't actually tank the explosion lmao. He set it off with god lightning and grabbed the Hulk, who was right next to him and hightailed it out of there with the avengers. At best he may have tanked a small bit of the initial or first explosion, but so did hulk and Thor ran away from the explosion. Every scan we see of thor here he's running away, and the scan you used he caught up with the avengers who weren't much further away and were also running away. If thor tanked it then so did captain america. The feat is more of a reaction/travel speed feat, and it's not bad admittedly.

I thought this was legit till i looked closer
He didn't tank anything
He didn't tank anything
No Caption Provided

Avengers Assemble #7

He was at the epicenter of the blast. it is impossible to him not get hit by it

(throwing hammer)

Good feat.

Good feat, if somewhat outliery.

If the feat was actually legit, it would be star level. I did the calc, this would be .05 supernovas. But Thor didn't actually transform the planet to energy. He hit tony stark's and banner and iron man 3030's machine hard enough to embed the already out of phase planet into the same space as earth and leave it's energy fields, which were on panel shown to shoot out country sized gusts of energy, to be harvested. Now do i know that it's the country sized energy blasts that are being harvested? No, but it's the most logical assumption, certainly more logical than he turned the entire planet into energy. That doesn't even make sense lmao, and nowhere is it mentioned that the other planet becomes energy, it's said that

1. They share the same space
  2. Energy is being harvestedfrom the planet
No Caption Provided

The comic made it pretty clear. The moon sized machine on the planet moved the planet slightly out of phase so it wouldn't hit earth;

No Caption Provided

and thor "embedded the axis", which quite literally means he hammered in the nail that connected the two planets together so that the phased rogue planet wouldn't just fly through earth and so that earth could safely harvest the energy it was spewing. Not impressive, not planetary. The actually impressive feats in that issue were portrayed pretty clearly. Hulk sending a moon sized ship flying at hundreds of thousands of miles per hour, hyperion catching a planet, starbrand blasting out a landing area for a moon sized ship in seconds.Not thor. He hit a large nail lmao.

Avengers #24

O
k, true, but so in your interpretation Thor makes the world "stop" by hitting the nail and it´s him who got the worse feat?
and by the way, the ship is no way near planetary

To be fair, Thor was only shown putting large cracks in a planet or moon and was hitting by narration hard enough to basically rip apart his own body.

and was being eaten and cut alive by Gorr´s weapon. Hardly ideal conditions

(fists plus lighting)

Size isn't always an indicator of power, and while I do think it's a clearly impressive feat and the lightning bolt stretches billions of miles, it's also the width of a building by the art shown of it blasting out of asgard and didn't kill proxima midnight, who had a good fight with luke cage. It's not planet level, the lightning was impressive in scale, but not power and the actual force of the punch itself didn't do anything.

This would be true, if it was directed at them, the hit itself didn´t even conect and Hela and black swan the first who are somewhat in the level of hell lords and etc and the latter who broke a cell designed to hold an herald came back
broke a cell designed to hold an herald

It's been stated and shown many times that two mjolnirs or such hammers when combined together are exponentially more powerful than what one can do. i can cite jane foster slamming two mjolnirs together and cracking the walls of time and space and summoning universal lightning. She can't do that by herself. I can also cite what you later brought up of Thor using two mjolnirs to destroy something she was completely unable to alone.

Note how thor says "If the two hammers can collide within the portal then perhaps" . That portal being destroyed isn't because they can do it by themselves, or they would've. It's destroyed because mjolnir and stormbreaker have exponentially increased power when they collide. They don't demonstrate such power again the entire run, and knock each other out with country level blows.

Incorrect. Only Mjolnirs that are from different time periods are ever show this properties and bcs of the whole time travel yada yada

(durability)

That's a fair outlier.

That was in a dream sequence. It didn't actually happen.

true, i was not aware of that

The marvel editor in chief said that this isn't actually the weight of a neutron star. He literally said that it flat out wasn't because that would have wreaked too much damage. It may have surrounded him with gravitational effecs akin ,as the narration says, to one, but it didn't actually have the weight of one.

Hell, has anyone read the scan? it says nothing about the weight of a neutron star and everything about the gravitational pull of one. It says that the gravitional force is like the gravitational force of a neutron star, and even ignoring Brevoort's statement, that means that the gravitational force on thor's body was 10^11 times higher, changing his original weight of 640 pounds to 64 trillion. it's an impressive feat, moving under 64 trillion tons of weight but not even country level, let alone planet, and certainly not star level. Anyone can do the math, google it..

If you want to factor in the durability feat of the probably ton or so of metal hitting him each with a weight 10^11 times higher that's markedly more impressive, and him throwing them off probably puts the feat at quadrillions of pounds, but it's still not even moon level.

It was so easy debunking Thor's favorite "star level feat" and i didn't even have to use brevoort's statement, which might make it even lower. One wonders whether anybody actually took the time to read the scan.

true

(hitting with mjolnirs)

Yeah, no. It doesn't say anything about shockwaves, it's done with two mjolnirs which vastly increase power, and it's not even a star level feat if taken like how you're taking it, it's a feat with shockwaves that cover hundreds of lightyears.

OR, the more reasonable answer is that it says stars tremble at the mjolnir's roar, not at thor's hits. 1 Mjolnir has a sentient galaxy sized space storm in it, and it's been powerful enough to snuff out stars like candles. No surprise the roar makes stars tremble, it's all the mother storm thundering, not thor's actual power.

Yes it does. it´s literaly Thor striking. Every Time the storm acted up was either clear, either jane (except one time which Thor had to sacrifice his eye and mjolnir fragment to the sun) and it was obvious. It´s like saying that every time Thor strikes with th hammer he is not doing anything beyond normal human strikes.

Also off of memory the Midgard serpent feat was debunked because thor magically was amped in size to be the size of a moon and wrestle it.

That's 1 star level feat (skurge), one massively multiplanetary one (score of planets), and the planet level ship towing feat. I'd say only the ship feat is actually consistent.

The rest of these are chock full of context or flat out wrong.
again very well done, but not all of it was wrong. There are still other statements that can be said in this level and since the begining i was saying that i do not think Thor is star level

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor has country level striking strength with his fists, and country-continent level lifting strength. That is why his greatest striking feat without Mjolnir is when he shook Asgard fighting Red Norvell

Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whathappened: Wutt?? no he can bench press planets if u dont know about thor then go look at his respect thread

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianweapon:

He was at the epicenter of the blast. it is impossible to him not get hit by it

No he wasn't. He was at least a dozen feat away, strikes it with lightning and we see him on panel outrunning the explosion.

Ok, true, but so in your interpretation Thor makes the world "stop" by hitting the nail and it´s him who got the worse feat?

and by the way, the ship is no way near planetary

Thor didn't make the world "stop". Hyperion did, he caught it. Thor literally just made sure that it wouldn't escape over time because he fastened the already stopped planet to earth.

and was being eaten and cut alive by Gorr´s weapon. Hardly ideal conditions

He's suffered similar torture and been just about fine.

This would be true, if it was directed at them, the hit itself didn´t even conect and Hela and black swan the first who are somewhat in the level of hell lords and etc and the latter who broke a cell designed to hold an herald came back

broke a cell designed to hold an herald

The purpose of the attack was to get them away from Ultimate Mjolnir, there was no other reason to do it otherwise. It'd be stupid for him to fire off a random attack if it didn't hit. The actual physical hit isn't the impressive part of the feat, we've seen him hit people with his fists, even in these issues and it isn't nearly as impressive, the lightning is the impressive part. Yes, it hit powerful people but it didn't do anything but BFR them, you can't say that it's a herald level lightning and ignore it not killing a midtier. Literally the only impressive thing about it was it's scale, it didn't have that much power behind it.

Incorrect. Only Mjolnirs that are from different time periods are ever show this properties and bcs of the whole time travel yada yada

Yeah but no. When mjolnir clashes with other enchanted hammers of the same type, it's shown to have vastly increased power

The energy is created because of their mystic enchantments colliding and reverberating, not because thor level characters can hit as hard as the big bang

Another example where 3 mjolnir-like hammers and mjolnirs collide, destroying a mountain range and mjolnir itself. No time travel shenanigans here.

Also, under this same writer both Bill and Thor knocked each other out with country level force. Why would they make the jump to star level only when their hammers collide inside the portal? Why would Thor explicitly note that it's the hammers collision that did the damage?

Yes it does. it´s literaly Thor striking. Every Time the storm acted up was either clear, either jane (except one time which Thor had to sacrifice his eye and mjolnir fragment to the sun) and it was obvious. It´s like saying that every time Thor strikes with th hammer he is not doing anything beyond normal human strikes.

When has Thor striking ever been the same as the rumble of mjolnir? That doesn't even make sense syntactically. Literally every time Aaron writes Thor creating a significant shockwave with his hits, he specifies that it's thor's hits that are doing the damage. Not Mjolnir's rumble. If you think that it's thor's hits that are making the sound, then why does it never say that? It says that Mjolnir is making enough noise to shake stars, and that doesn't make sense if Thor's supplying that force. If it was the impact, it would say "the impact rattles stars" or something, not the specified to be sentient Mjolnir makes the sound.

Also, this was before the concept of the mother storm was retconned, but Aaron had been setting up the seeds for Mjolnir being a sentient power long before that, so it makes sense that it wouldn't outright say so, but it's the logical implication. If we're taking the feat from the narration, then at least the narration should support the fact that it's the hits that cause the shaking of the stars, not it saying that "mjolnir's roaring" did it. How does that have anything to do with Thor?

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whathappened: Wutt?? no he can bench press planets if u dont know about thor then go look at his respect thread

Small planets

No Caption Provided

It mean Pluto or Mercury, either way it's not above continental, and the fact is that the statement was supposed to be lip service to Thor. Benching small planets make him look strong compared to other marvel characters, lifting earth is way beyond him

asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By asgardianweapon

@battle123axe:

Yeah, ok, so you wanna argue that the star feat is invalid because "by the same author Thor was knocked out by country level blows"?

So...ok by Walter simpson Thor also survived and dealt damange to Surtur: The one who destroyed bill´s galaxy, the breaker of stars

https://imgur.com/a/ZuV3Zrw

says he can destroy an entire galaxy

https://imgur.com/a/ATvOvCz

His fight agains (adimitedly Rune king thor) would "smite the stars"

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/86962/6162554-2459495565-RCO00.jpg

And yet even if they Thor was not match to him he could hurt him and tank his attacks

https://imgur.com/a/EiBaBSw

By Jason Aaron

Mangog was certanly able to survive star busting bombs (in the plural)

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/scale_super/11136/111361528/7281673-4324175689-70539.jpg

(mangog himself has like two other feats of tanking star level attacks but not by aaron)

Aaron said he strikes harder then Odin, The shiar gods who two shoted gladiator, Destroyer and the phoenix force. Jane Thor and Thor tanked and survived multiple blows and could hurt the creature, with jane thor (i believe) making it lose it´s tooth

Mighty Thor 705#

Gorr, Who tanked Old father Thor throwing a sun going nova at him and destroyed many stars and made stars go black with his power

Still was hurt and did not one shot avenger Thor

God of thunder and king Thor

(note that while the necroblade grows stronger with the more gods it kills, afther Gorr is killed for the first time the blade is not used to kill gods, so the power leve is the same (until the end, won´t spoil it if you haven´t read it)

And the two shiar gods (probably conbined) hurled a supernova as a comet

Latter they stopped holding back and attacked Jane Thor with all their magic power.

Or suposedly Giants can freeza stars (mihty Thor 1)...and 4 Thors at the end of the war of the realms with no god-storm (but ok an all father) go to war with the power of exploding stars (plural) (i think it is war of realms 5 or 6)

In fact if we go by the way Aaron writes a no name yoong-ish god creates a planet... (god of thunder #7)

And of course when Thor was mad (not warrior madness just not holding back and mad) in Blood and Thunder Eternity itself showed to warn Adam Warlokc

He's suffered similar torture and been just about fine.

By just fine you mean that when he suffered this torture (which gorr made it last more) he was traumatized for life? The guy says that he forgot which was the first star that he walked upon but he will never forget this. In a battle where Gorr wants to kill him and not only see him suffer for long it´s clearly debilitating and we can guess that he is not operating under ideal circunstances

you can't say that it's a herald level lightning and ignore it not killing a midtier

Well this mid tier already tanked a Mjolnir to the face or binary attack. The first even without much problem. She also could hurt him

https://i.imgur.com/5trax7h.jpg

And corvus

So one showing don´t make the character. Luke cage has fought Hulk

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-b6cea2617a3ebf2502a7ec926dc2af8b.webp

namor

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/18/1e/77/181e77d005f250b389fc3f0a2cc2e330.jpg

iron man

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-f5cc39d2cf5a4bcb0b222926a87391ef.webp

and thing

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-0735eb5cd64d37300ec42fc306d9ef7f.webp

( as this user explain better than me https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/luke-cage-vs-the-thing-1582646/?page=1#js-message-18258663 )

Not arguying that fighting cage is all that impressive. but one showing doesn´t dismiss one´s other feats because she craced his ribs but couldn´t put him down.

Everyone from the black order showed a decent showing against Richard Nova in the black order 4/5 mini, she can be assumed to have fought against Thors in the battleworld just like swan and she could hurt Thor..somewhat

Yeah but no. When mjolnir clashes with other enchanted hammers of the same type, it's shown to have vastly increased power

The sad thing is: you don´t have any evidence for this argument. it could very well be an outlier plain and simple as it was never stated to be the case.

Mjolnir has being stated to be able to: Send attacks of skyfathers, absorb the 1/5 of the energy of the big bang (similar to this feat don´t you think?), attack with the power of hundreds, thousands or milion stars and etc, absorb the attack of a bomb that could destroy the black galaxy (Thor 406, 407)

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/57845/1417676-scope.jpg

you know...outliers

Another example where 3 mjolnir-like hammers and mjolnirs collide, destroying a mountain range and mjolnir itself. No time travel shenanigans here.

Or they simply hit this hard. After all Mangog did this with his bare hands and OF Thor himself destroyed Mjolnir by hitting it against Borr body.

After all Thor can carve normal Uru with his bare fingers and crush chains and destroy.

Im just surprised that if this was all that stablished why it is never outright stated or eve consistent in Thor battles agaiinst beta, norvell and etc...

Literally every time Aaron writes Thor creating a significant shockwave with his hits, he specifies that it's thor's hits that are doing the damage. Not Mjolnir's rumble.

...Your other arguments are much stronger than this i assure you. You could very well say it´s an oultier and be done with it, plain and simple.

The mother storm showed up like 3 times (from memory). Twice to jane: One against the shiar gods and other against the phoenix and once to Odinson. Both times Jane prayed to the hammer and the only time it did show up to Thor was after he sacrifised himself in the sun both his eye and fragment of Mjollnir. In fact im quite sure that in the same issue of her orgins (mighty thor 12) ithat at least partialy (and if we take the theme behind aaron´s writing it makes sense) the storm agrees with gorr it does think that gods deserve punishment. The dwarves hooked a star and fought the storm (in a metaphoric way) and even after all that the hammer did not want to be lifted by Odin...or Thor for the most of his life. Because it doesn´t believe that the gods are whorthy or necessary beings to creation. The hammer in a way agrees with gorr and deosn´t let even Odin lift it, so no the storm helping against Gorr makes no sense

1. Every time it showed up was in the form of a well storm, not hits
  2. Every time it showed up there was build up and a Thor at least praying. More if this Thor in question was born a god
  3. It goes against the theme of the story and the clear intention of the writer.
  4. Before you say it if you go see the scan again Thor never hits the hammer together...
Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

> Pluto and Mercury

> Continent level

Lmao.

mbatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By mbatz

@takenstew22:

In he’s defence Pluto is even considered a planet, it’s just that small

Mercury is 38% the diameter of earth, it’s mass is only 5% of Earths mass

So......

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mbatz said:

@takenstew22:

So......

They're still above continental.

mbatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mbatz

@takenstew22: I made a typo meant to say “isn’t even”

But I agree, but it’s certainly not planetary, it’s like world scale dinosaur wiping meteor level

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mbatz said:

@takenstew22:

So......

They're still above continental.

Incorrect.

Space expert Jonathan Nally confirmed that Australia-which measures about 4,000 km wide-is almost twice the size of the diameter of Pluto, which is only 2,370 km across.

No Caption Provided

Mercury's diameter is 3,030 miles (4,878 km), comparable to the size of the continental United States. This makes it about two-fifths the size of Earth. Lifting the planet Mercury is still a continental feat.

Thor is not as strong as people are making them out to be

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TakenStew22

@whathappened: The mass of them still makes them above continental lol.

Maybe you're just lowballing Thor. It makes sense considering the crap you say, like Hal stomping Silver Surfer and Superman being stronger than Odin.