Thor: Ragnarok - What happens if Steppenwolf throws his axe instead of Thor throwing his hammer?

• 79 results
DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Smh

Wrathofthebrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltahuman said:

How could this question possibly be answered anyway.

The axe was broken only after Superman freezed it to make it brittle. At other times it didn't have a scratch at all. Moreover comparing Mjolnir's durability with the Axe is impossible. We don't have any idea or numbers to do so. Also it's still sort of blurry how Hela broke Mjolnir with her strength. If it really is made of stellar degenerate matter then it's a huge outlier and pretty stupid on the script writer's part.

Hela was stabbed clean by an Asgardian soldier, isn't it? Going by Hela's cutting/piercing durability on-screen, If her hand comes in contact with the sharp end of the Axe, she'll lose her hand. Asgardians can't regenerate entire limbs or vital organs right?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primez0ne: kinda like how the only way to evacuate the citizens is the bifrost, just saying they're advanced or magic isn't going to cut it cos they were so advanced that they couldn't build ships and couldn't track the dark elves. None of that explains how they were able to harness a star

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@DammeFavour: Why build a space ship when you have instant teleportation with seemingly infinite range? They also had several flying ships, but they simply weren't space-worthy or perhaps were too far away. I can't remember TDW too much, so I can't say anything about the dark elves.

In any case it was said on multiple occasions in the franchise that the hammer was made in the heart of a dying star. Whether you want to head cannon differently it one way or not is your choice. It is not exactly right, but still your choice.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I seriously cannot believe that people are arguing that Diana’s sword would cut through mjolnir

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

See no reason why she can’t at least catch it. There’s a blunt part on the top of the axe.

Aka_aka_aka_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The axe was broken only after Superman freezed it to make it brittle. At other times it didn't have a scratch at all. Moreover comparing Mjolnir's durability with the Axe is impossible. We don't have any idea or numbers to do so. Also it's still sort of blurry how Hela broke Mjolnir with her strength. If it really is made of stellar degenerate matter then it's a huge outlier and pretty stupid on the script writer's part.

Hela was stabbed clean by an Asgardian soldier, isn't it? Going by Hela's cutting/piercing durability on-screen, If her hand comes in contact with the sharp end of the Axe, she'll lose her hand. Asgardians can't regenerate entire limbs or vital organs right?

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hela cant catch anything with dammeforce. This new force is only found in the dceu.

TheBeardOfZues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hela cant catch anything with dammeforce. This new force is only found in the dceu.

hehe

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What makes you think that axe is on par with Mjolnir?

Avatar image for deactivated-6021b09dd509c
deactivated-6021b09dd509c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

She stops it or it breaks.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour:

I'd rather add nothing to a pointless thread like this, than be notoriously known for making stupidly absurd claims like you. kek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rudebomberboy01: so please tell me, what part of my claim is false or incorrect or absurd? The fact that mjolnir has shown no durability feats on par with doomsday who Diana easily cut or the fact that steppenwolf's axe was deflecting diana's sword up until superman froze it?

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour:

Lol I refuse to get into this silly debate with you and entertain the absurd notion you're trying to push with a serious reply.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rudebomberboy01: lol no one is trying to push anything, just stating what's been displayed on screen. And like I said, you provide nothing to the discussion

You're the one pushing an illogical statement, why would the sword fail when it's succeeded in cleaving through something a lot more durable

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad6141e8751d
deactivated-5ad6141e8751d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it breaks like a twig

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour:

Hmm mm just like it cleaved through Steppenwolf who was massively inferior to Doomsday right? Crap I forgot, Wolf's axe was deflecting Diana's nuke sword... but crap Wolf's axe couldn't even cut through fodder Amazons who were getting mowed down by WW1 rifles, failed to cut through Cyborg and also failed to cut Aquabro.. they must have nuke level plus durability!! Yes!

Again. Frikken absurd! But it should be no surprise coming from Damme. You're a legend on these boards.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rudebomberboy01: lol...failing to cleave through steppenwolf's armor is testament to the armor's durability and a feat for it, that just makes the armor more durable than doomsday. Lol....you do know he cut through cyborg right? Try thinking

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour:

Hmm mm with the way you're selling it, it should have cut through Cyborg like a hot knife through cheese. What's your excuse for failing to cut Aquabro and the fodder Amazons? Nuke level plus durability and it's a feat for them and not against them? L O frikken L! You try thinking maybe.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rudebomberboy01: you do know the discussion here is about the axe's durability right? Are you actually thinking?

Avatar image for theonewhopullsthestrings
TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour said:

@_kingoflatveria: yea probably. You know, unless you can prove mjonir is more durable than doomsday. I mean we already have visual proof that steppenwolf's armor and axe are.

Ok, I'll bite. But first, I wanted to point out how ridiculous your point is phrased. Well, what about you proving to us that it CAN cut first? You are the one who made the jump, you should have had the burden of proof. But anyway, let me show you why it is objectively wrong in a lot of ways.

Ok, which is more durable...

First, we don't know anything about Uru or comic based metals in the MCU. I mean we even have Vibranium being used as a substitute adamantium in places where it was in the comics already, so any assumption between Uru and the hammer needs to be discounted. Now let's look at what we know of the hammer by what they said about it in the MCU itself...

More durable? We have nothing to contradict it was made from the matter of a dying star, because that is what is said of it. If so, it should take 3 solar masses for it to be crushed further like that by simple physics of neutrinos. Not to mention the potential black whole dillema of the idea of them being crushed further... Yeah - that is why it was such an outlier for Hela to say the least, and in regards to this comparison even, the biggest outlier, and unless you think DCEU doomsday tanking a nuke is the same as being crushed of three entire suns, then you can't tell me differently. And this means to me it was probably magic based, not strength based feat. As akin to Hela "you have no idea what is possible" as she did it even furthering that belief.

And Diana cutting doomsday is not the same as saying durability of a nuke to cutting. Blast/concussive/heat is entirely different set of durability requirements than the durability requirements to tank a sword slice. Period, if you think that is not true, I have a few links to show you. And since we know that it might not be as impressive now since we can untie the Diana sword slicing Doomsday feat entirely away from any nuke or fisticuffs with superman, then you are in real trouble here. The feats of Mjolnir in strength then far exceed anything we have seen from Diana's sword.

From backstory, Mjonir >>>>>>> Diana Sword in density, strength and weight and more.

From feats it is still Mjolnir >> Diana sword. In order to think different, you have to take context completely away from the tests on it, and apply bad and hasty generalizations to your logic train.

And for the final piece of cross examination, but probably the weakest argument. While there can be exceptions (swords cutting through thin metal bars, etc) - swords in general will do notoriously worse when clanged against that kind of dense material, even if it is of an inferior and less durable metal. Like swinging a super sharp and awesome titanium alloy sword into a brick of bronze will still probably destroy your titanium alloy sword, despite being far weaker than bronze. Swords are meant for slicing and stabbing, and are not war hammers designed to pound armor - and even if it is a war hammer, they don't work quite like how you are wanting here for breaking metal. The idea that Diana will simply cut through, even if it was more durable (and as we have seen, it is HIGHLY doubtful to me), it will still not be a slam dunk for you without finding far more concrete data than we have right now. At least to prove your original assertion that her sword cuts through it to the very least. Let's call that debunked for the time being at this point.

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour:

Wait What?

You said the fact that Diana's nuke sword was being deflected by Wolf's axe is enough proof that her sword would cut through Mjolnir(LOL) and therefore Mjolnir is inferior to the axe, and Hela would not be able to break the axe like she did Mjolnir, but when I brought up the fact that both Diana and Wolf's axe have failed to cut through inferior beings and objects to Doomsday, I'm all of a sudden the person not thinking? No? Intriguing.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12 said:
@deltahuman said:

Nice fanfic.

No Caption Provided

Hela stopped Gungnir with barehands which was directed to her with Thor's strength.

Thanks but No Thanks.

Your fanfic looks twice as good as mine though. Hela being able to stop Thor hitting her with gungnir has nothing to do with what I'm trying to show here and I wouldn't give two shits about it. We're taking about Hela's pathetic cutting/piercing durability here. A fodder Asgardian was able to stab through her clean. And although Asgardians can heal faster, with Hela having a healing factor that's better than the others, Asgardians can't regenerate missing limbs and vital organs. There's no doubt that the Axe will cut through her clean if she catches it at the sharp end. And it goes without mentioning that the Axe was only destroyed after it was frozen. And you're very welcome to prove that Hela can crush stellar degenerate matter with her physical strength without making the feat an outlier. Otherwise don't come here with your Fanfic bullshit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rudebomberboy01: how exactly is steppenwolf's armor inferior? It tanked everything from superman's punches and heat vision to guns from the knight crawler and diana's sword (which pierced doomsday) up until aquaman's trident. So far the only things to damage his armor are the trident and ares' axe. Do you also think hela can squish doomsday?

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour said:

@_kingoflatveria: yea probably. You know, unless you can prove mjonir is more durable than doomsday. I mean we already have visual proof that steppenwolf's armor and axe are.

Ok, I'll bite. But first, I wanted to point out how ridiculous your point is phrased. Well, what about you proving to us that it CAN cut first? You are the one who made the jump, you should have had the burden of proof. But anyway, let me show you why it is objectively wrong in a lot of ways.

Ok, which is more durable...

First, we don't know anything about Uru or comic based metals in the MCU. I mean we even have Vibranium being used as a substitute adamantium in places where it was in the comics already, so any assumption between Uru and the hammer needs to be discounted. Now let's look at what we know of the hammer by what they said about it in the MCU itself...

More durable? We have nothing to contradict it was made from the matter of a dying star, because that is what is said of it. If so, it should take 3 solar masses for it to be crushed further like that by simple physics of neutrinos. Not to mention the potential black whole dillema of the idea of them being crushed further... Yeah - that is why it was such an outlier for Hela to say the least, and in regards to this comparison even, the biggest outlier, and unless you think DCEU doomsday tanking a nuke is the same as being crushed of three entire suns, then you can't tell me differently. And this means to me it was probably magic based, not strength based feat. As akin to Hela "you have no idea what is possible" as she did it even furthering that belief.

And Diana cutting doomsday is not the same as saying durability of a nuke to cutting. Blast/concussive/heat is entirely different set of durability requirements than the durability requirements to tank a sword slice. Period, if you think that is not true, I have a few links to show you. And since we know that it might not be as impressive now since we can untie the Diana sword slicing Doomsday feat entirely away from any nuke or fisticuffs with superman, then you are in real trouble here. The feats of Mjolnir in strength then far exceed anything we have seen from Diana's sword.

From backstory, Mjonir >>>>>>> Diana Sword in density, strength and weight and more.

From feats it is still Mjolnir >> Diana sword. In order to think different, you have to take context completely away from the tests on it, and apply bad and hasty generalizations to your logic train.

And for the final piece of cross examination, but probably the weakest argument. While there can be exceptions (swords cutting through thin metal bars, etc) - swords in general will do notoriously worse when clanged against that kind of dense material, even if it is of an inferior and less durable metal. Like swinging a super sharp and awesome titanium alloy sword into a brick of bronze will still probably destroy your titanium alloy sword, despite being far weaker than bronze. Swords are meant for slicing and stabbing, and are not war hammers designed to pound armor - and even if it is a war hammer, they don't work quite like how you are wanting here for breaking metal. The idea that Diana will simply cut through, even if it was more durable (and as we have seen, it is HIGHLY doubtful to me), it will still not be a slam dunk for you without finding far more concrete data than we have right now. At least to prove your original assertion that her sword cuts through it to the very least. Let's call that debunked for the time being at this point.

This is a good analysis and information.

Very different from some wankers delusion thrown out in every dceu threads.

Din4Viesel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Din4Viesel

Not a lot considering Superman used his freeze breath to freeze it then WW smashed it with her sword. I'd put Mjolnir over Steppenwolf's axe anyday.

Doofasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She catches it and destroys it.

tethadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What makes you think that axe is on par with Mjolnir?

It took hits from Wonder Womans sword which cut Doomsday.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The axe is gone.