Thor ragnarok movie!!whts ur opinion?

Avatar image for electricpower17
Electricpower17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

For me it sucked to its core,it totally butuchered the cool storyline of movie..it sucked 6/10 for me thats it!

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

6/10 isn't that bad of a score.

For me, I think it a good fun movie that did action popcorn flick right unlike movies such as Transformers.

Though as far as a Thor movie it left much to be desired and that coming from a moderate Thor Fan, If I was to rank it as a movie on how much it did Thor and his Mytho's justice it would be a pretty low score but that wouldn't be fair to the movie and team that made it so as a movie that was enjoyable to see an easy 7-8.5 out of 10.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I was expecting a darker tone considering the event; Ragnarok. But I still thoroughly enjoyed it. It could've been better, but comparing it to The Dark World, it was much more enjoyable.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s an easy 9/10

MrAugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3/10 for me, among the worst of the MCU. I much preferred the characters in Thor 1 & 2 and didn't enjoy the changes or new elements introduced. It felt aggressively unfunny, not sure I've groaned as much at a movie in a long time.

Part of this is established tone. Thor for me was fantasy adventure and this entry went full on parody comedy where even the destruction of Asgard was played for a laugh. I didn't even recognize the main character anymore. In one scene he is talking to Valkyrie and he discovers who she is and beings fumbling over his words about female warriors as if the concept would be in any way foreign to him. I like Thor, I like Star Lord, I do not like Thor as Star Lord.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Don't you think you're a bit late?

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asgardians of the Galaxy it changed and completely rewrite characters it was meh

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a 7/10 for me.

JanJuKBMa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was expecting a darker tone considering the event; Ragnarok. But I still thoroughly enjoyed it. It could've been better, but comparing it to The Dark World, it was much more enjoyable.

This. And I think in some instances Thor looked ridiculous and underpowered. In other instances however (taking a beating from Hulk and uppercutting him, Bifrost fight scene) he was badass.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asgardians of the Galaxy it changed and completely rewrite characters it was meh

I have to agree with this. As a film that clearly is in the genre of comedy, I enjoyed it.

As a film that was about the God of Thunder, they cranked the notch too high in some aspects.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think by the time Thor needed a third movie the filmmakers realized that that it was too late to completely reinvent Thor so they said screw it, let’s make it a comedy/action.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a comedy movie - so not what I've expected (or wanted) from film called Ragnarok...

I woudn't say that film was good or bad, simply didn't like it.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

8.5/10 bruv, skuna, skidikipapa

Riddlersriddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 87

#16  Edited By Riddlersriddle

6/10 - A lot of the jokes fell flat and the villain was incredibly overrated. Visuals and most of the performances were great though

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

8/10. Enjoyable movie. I had fun. Good popcorn flick

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

7/10. It's just okay.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Asgaard

9/10... It had elements from basically every Ragnarok storyline from the comics, from Walt Simonson to Michael Avon Oeming...

Some in their ignorance like to say, this was nothing like the Ragnarok, but that concept only exists in their heads, because this was the first Thor movie that actually had moments that were heavily inspired in the comics...

Movie...

"Are You the GOD of the hammers?"

Comics

No Caption Provided

Michael Avon Oeming Ragnarok Arc

*Still there was Sif's problem... Feige seems too smart to fall in the mistake of not portray her more in the MCU...

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I won't say it's bad. If inherently considered just another feel good comedy flick then it was well made. That way it scores a respectable 6.5/10 for me. It's just that it offers nothing else except the fun factor. Nothing impactful. You can watch it once, have a good time and forget about it. If that's not your intent, if that's not why you went there for then yeah, it's a 3/10 movie.

Zepta_Pon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

10/10. So much Fun. Best Marvel movie yet.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very good about an 8/10. It didn't quite live up to the first teaser trailer though.

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

7/10. Enjoyable popcorn flick, nothing more, nothing less.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By cattlebattle
Wakel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed it. People need to stop thinking MCU films won't be filled with humour. That's their formula.

m2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

9/10. The key is to go in with certain expectations. If you've never seen a Taika movie and have a grasp for his brand of humor, I can see how some are annoyed by the humor.

If u have a grasp for it and embrace it fully, then this movie is nothing short of an absolute thrill ride!

Anna_Karenina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

6.5 out of 10. Asgardians of the Galaxy pretty much sums it up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b5405244e89c
deactivated-5b5405244e89c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Meme/10

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

7,5/10

imagein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

7/10

MrAugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MrAugen

@m2k said:

9/10. The key is to go in with certain expectations. If you've never seen a Taika movie and have a grasp for his brand of humor, I can see how some are annoyed by the humor.

If u have a grasp for it and embrace it fully, then this movie is nothing short of an absolute thrill ride!

I liked "What We Do in the Shadows". It works well with those characters and setting with the documentary style. He could have worked on some super hero movie, I just didn't like where he took Thor.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: it actually felt like a reboot like TASM 2 going to Homecoming

m2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mraugen: That's the thing. 'What we do in the Shadows' works because the documentary style is a semi-parody of sorts. The characters were allowed to not take themselves seriously which is why the comedy works so well. This is the true essence of Taika's style and I'm sure Marvel knew this and decided to roll with it.

Now with Thor, in order to make it work with his injected humor, the fundamental characteristics from previous entries obviously have to change slightly. Thor, as a character, from 1 and 2 would not work in his vision of Ragnarok. Of course, there'll be compromises when u go in this direction i.e. serious moments won't have as much 'weight' or pacing is too brisk for parts u wouldn't expect.

Best way to enjoy it, as how I approached it, throw everything u know of Thor and his world of characters from 1 and 2 out the window. lol. Now the direction and premise that you said you enjoyed of 'What...Shadows', apply it to the characters and storylines of Ragnarok. Once you can accept and embrace this proposition, I really can't see how anyone can enjoy his previous movie like 'Shadows' and not Ragnarok. This is pretty much an extension of his style/quirkyness. This is what I mean when I said to come in with certain expectations to fully enjoy this movie.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

10/10. So much Fun. Best Marvel movie yet.

Can MCU Cap survive that ball?

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor's finest moment for sure. ^ Fans should rejoice!

What can I say about the movie where god of thunder gets zapped into submission in his most, literally, thunderous moment? Or the fact that it is such a blatant GotG ripoff where even Thor is more Starlord than Odinson? Or the amount of obligatory predictable jokes (and I never, ever predicted jokes before!)?

There were like 5 really good jokes and that's what there should've been, but let's force the audience to laugh ad nauseam, maybe they'll overlook its absence of plot? Oh wow, it worked! Some are saying, the movie isn't taking itself seriously. So what, now it's critic free apparently? Seems convenient. And I thought not taking itself seriously is Deadpool's niche, where he can do it in all of the most glorious rated R details, and which he does amazingly as well. I thought Asgardian mythos implies fantasy epic with Ragnarok as its darkest moment, and not a self parody.

ferber08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great and enjoyable movie. 9/10

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Supermanforever

9/10. Only thing i disliked in this movie was thor not having mjolnir.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

It should have been longer.