• 101 results
hudyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hudyman

No idea where to post this so I hope this is the right place. If possible could a mod please move this?

Before watching Infinity War I came onto the vine and read that Thor had gotten universally stronger to a point that he could possibly even beat DCEU Superman. I got excited and finally got round to watching the movie.

Including today, I've watched the movie 3 times now.

I'm not seeing these "crazy" feats that Thor has apparently gotten.

- Practically dies trying to take the energy from the star. He did NOT tank it. If stormbreaker had taken a little bit longer he'd have straight up died.

- Destroys Thanos's ship. This is basic, I expect Thor to be able to do this with Mjolinr

- Hits Thanos with stormbreaker. People keep wanking this but it REALLY isn't as impressive as it's made out to be. Thanos has ZERO reaction feats. Thor simply attacked him with a weapon that was strong enough to pierce him. What on earth is that even meant to show? If you gave storm breaker to spiderman and made him throw it, it would do the exact same thing.

-Edit-

I don't mean this post to be offensive, I'd honestly just love someone to full explain to me why these feats are apparently impressive.

Stormbreaker is OP yes, Thor however hasn't changed at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok...

Beyonder97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude what have you done!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Muh feats...

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Okey dokey.

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right...

I wonder how high up you place DCEU Superman.

hudyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a battle.

What does the very first line of my post say?

Seriously tell me

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
deactivated-5b728068f211c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hudyman: There's a general discussion forum, are you blind?

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thor fans and MCU fans were too thirsty to make Thor beat superman

Shaladue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hudyman: You right. Thor's fanboys are just delusional. He's same Thor from Ragnarok, just with a new hammer. They are even so dumb that they think heat resistance scales to physical durability. I hate DC and still I'm not a stupid enough Marvel fanboy to pretend like Superman can't blitz

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheVivas

@hudyman: 1) The fact that he survived prolonged exposure to the full force of a star is what’s so impressive. Earlier in the movie he also survived the explosion of his ship right after he was already beaten by Thanos.

2) What ship are you talking about? The Outrider ones? He can’t do that with Mjolnir without charging a large lightning blast like he did when he killed the two Whale Chitauri ships.

3) First of all, Thanos reacting to Loki trying to stab him already proves your claim false, and that happened in the first ten minutes of the movie. Having a hard time believing you when you said you’ve seen it 3 times now. Secondly, no, if Spider-Man threw Stormbreaker he couldn’t pierce Thanos. Ignoring the fact that Thor said none of the Guardians (two of which are already around Spider-Man’s strength level) could wield it cause they lacked the strength and would have their minds torn apart, you still need the strength to actually pierce Thanos. The dude was taking Cap’s shield strikes to the chin, Nebula’s sword strikes to the face, blasts from Star-Lord’s guns to the chest, was ran over by Nebula crashing a ship into him, and took a lightning blast from Thor without receiving a scratch. Spider-Man’s or anyone else’s strength not in Thor’s weight class wouldn’t be able to first of all wield Stormbreaker, let alone almost kill Thanos with it.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Amendment50

The star feat is honestly as cut and dry as it gets. We have a direct line from a reliable character outright describing what Thor did as taking the full force of a star. I don't see how that could be controversial.

No he didn't tank it, he survived it, which is a ridiculously good feat.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People willfully ignore the line wher Eitri says it would take a few minutes to make Stormbreaker, meaning Thor survived a prolonged, direct blast. Him not being ashes at all after that is insane for his durability, as well as the durability of his armor and clothing.

imsososorry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hudyman: You seem very oblivious to everything that Thor did in Infinity War.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCEU fanboys are salty again :D

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This, exactly. Just because he didn't smile and casually no-sell the heat of the star doesn't suddenly mean it's an anti-feat and Thor is some kind of street-leveler. He took it and he survived it for several minutes, which is leaps and bounds ahead of any other durability showing he's had in all his movies.

huthimamwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Try watching it a 4th time.

theyoungwolf1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AngelJax

@jayc1324 said:

People willfully ignore the line wher Eitri says it would take a few minutes to make Stormbreaker, meaning Thor survived a prolonged, direct blast. Him not being ashes at all after that is insane for his durability, as well as the durability of his armor and clothing.

It's weird though because we see the entire process and there didn't seem to be any cuts or implication that it did take that long. But meh.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruthiii: It's especially strange in a Superman vs. Thor discussion if you consider Superman's nuke feat from Batman vs. Superman, since he was (comparably to Thor's star feat) critically injured by the nuke but people still generally regard that to be one of the best durability feats for Superman if not the best.

theyoungwolf1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

He survived it. That’s impressive.

But let’s not act like he tanked it with full confidence while doing the lil uzi vert shrug though.

“surviving” and “tanking“ are two different things.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lowballing at its finest. Those ships that Thor destroyed are powerful enough to no-sell re-entry. The ships literally crushed the ground with tremendous force and were unscathed. Thor one-shotted them. Even ignoring the size of them, that's impressive.

theyoungwolf1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amendment50 said:

This, exactly. Just because he didn't smile and casually no-sell the heat of the star doesn't suddenly mean it's an anti-feat and Thor is some kind of street-leveler. He took it and he survived it for several minutes, which is leaps and bounds ahead of any other durability showing he's had in all his movies.

“I-It doesn’t suddenly m-mean Thor is some kind of street leveler!!!!!!!!!”

lmfao calm down, literally nobody said this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb7f2e29af78
deactivated-5bb7f2e29af78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hudyman said:
@valorknight said:

Not a battle.

What does the very first line of my post say?

Seriously tell me

You being ignorant to the proper posting forum doesn't change the fact that this is in the wrong place.

He's right, there's a general discussion. This has nothing to do with a battle, why is it here...

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheTruthIII

@thetruthiii said:
@amendment50 said:

It's a hyperbole that apparently went over your head. My apologies, I'll stick to the straightforward linguistics I use on my nephews.

Star feat good. Thor no tank, but Thor live. Thor is strong. Feat be under-estimate-ed some-times. Oui?

hudyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas said:

@hudyman: 1) The fact that he survived prolonged exposure to the full force of a star is what’s so impressive. Earlier in the movie he also survived the explosion of his ship right after he was already beaten by Thanos.

2) What ship are you talking about? The Outrider ones? He can’t do that with Mjolnir without charging a large lightning blast like he did when he killed the two Whale Chitauri ships.

3) First of all, Thanos reacting to Loki trying to stab him already proves your claim false, and that happened in the first ten minutes of the movie. Having a hard time believing you when you said you’ve seen it 3 times now. Secondly, no, if Spider-Man threw Stormbreaker he couldn’t pierce Thanos. Ignoring the fact that Thor said none of the Guardians (two of which are already around Spider-Man’s strength level) could wield it cause they lacked the strength and would have their minds torn apart, you still need the strength to actually pierce Thanos. The dude was taking Cap’s shield strikes to the chin, Nebula’s sword strikes to the face, blasts from Star-Lord’s guns to the chest, was ran over by Nebula crashing a ship into him, and took a lightning blast from Thor without receiving a scratch. Spider-Man’s or anyone else’s strength not in Thor’s weight class wouldn’t be able to first of all wield Stormbreaker, let alone almost kill Thanos with it.

Thor after
Thor after "Tanking" the star

Racoon's words quite literally after Thor lands is "I think he's dying." Followed by the dwarf guy shouting that Thor needs the axe. Thor himself cannot move. He did not "tank" anything. He just BARELY survived.

The difference between this and the Superman Nuke scene is that Clark wasn't actually dead when hit by the nuke. He could still fully move and control himself.

3) I have no CLUE what you're even trying to suggest to me here. Keep in mind I have the movie open in another tab and I'm watching all the scenes you're talking about. Loki ROSE his hand casually and you're trying to use that as a speed feat? You genuinely cannot be serious right now. A normal human could dodge or block that.

- When I said anyone else could cut Thanos, I wasn't being literal. My point was that it was Stormbreaker that damaged Thanos not Thor. If you gave the axe to anyone else who COULD wield it, the exact same scenario would happen.

- Iron man was also taking Cap's shields to the face if I remember correctly.

Lol I don't even debate with comic book characters. Don't tell me that I've dissected this whole MCU wank already?

Here's the movie link for anyone who wants to watch it and check to see the facts.

theyoungwolf1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theyoungwolf1 said:
@thetruthiii said:
@amendment50 said:

It's a hyperbole that apparently went over your head. My apologies, I'll stick to the straightforward linguistics I use on my nephews.

Star feat good. Thor no tank, but Thor live. Thor is strong. Feat be under-estimate-ed some-times. Oui?

Yeah but that ain’t how most people use this feat lol they remove the specific contex it was in and just tell people quote unquote: “Thor tanked a fucking star in infinity war!! He‘s soloing everything!!!!”

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Alavanka

1) Surviving the heat from a neutron star, even for a second let alone a minute, is massively impressive and puts him as one of the most durable being in the MCU. Far above Hulk tbh, as this level of durability is unprecedented for any Avenger. The fact that Stormbreaker heals him from near-death also means Thor has a massive healing factor when wielding Stormbreaker. So I fail to see how this isn't a direct upgrade in his ability to soak damage.

2) Thor can maybe destroy Thanos ships with Mjolnir. Maybe. But it would require a massive charge-up for a large lightning bolt. Those ships were larger and arguably more durable than a leviathan, for comparison. Also, Thor didn't destroy just one ship. He went after all of them. He literally hunted down those ships searching for Thanos. IW Thor can basically solo the outrider invasion, whereas A1 Thor needed help from the Avengers to beat the chitauri. Keep in mind outriders > chitauri, purely based on how well they managed to overwhelm the Wakandan forces. Again, this is far above what Thor can previously do, and far above the other Avengers.

3) The stormbreaker throw was impressive because it cut through the infinity gauntlet's power. Even if Stormbreaker was designed to resist the powers of the infinity stones, that just means stormbreaker is massively durable. It's able to resist the fundamental energies of time, space, reality, souls, space, and even power. Spiderman cannot wield Stormbreaker with to the same effect as Thor. He is not as strong, nor does he have any godly lightning powers for Stormbreaker to channel. Think back to when Vision wielded Mjolnir against Ultron. That was already extremely lackluster given the lack of lightning, which accounts for the vast majority of power behind Thor's strikes. Spiderman using Stormbreaker would be weaker than even Vision.

Look, I wouldn't go so far a to say Thor can beat Supes (speed gap is too large), but to pretend Thor didn't get new feats or isn't stronger than his previous movie incarnations is...Wow.

Remmerballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the lowballing is strong with this one

Sargeras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor has gotten feats, he moved the rings which would make him a multi-million tonner based off how big they are at Nidavellir, like others have said he did not TANK the star but survived and lived through it, that should say something about his heat resistance and his overall durability, and the ships took re-entry speeds, lowballing the ships would mean that they could tank the beams of every Iron Man Suit pre-Civil War and anything Ultron could dish out.

Avatar image for stalin-is-steel
Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor's a jobber tho, he loses to Mysterio every day

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes and Superman lost badly to Ethan Hunt so...

BillyBickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol to supes tanking a nuke and freely moving around wtf. He was on deaths door looking like a freaking zombie. By the way a nuke isn't even close to the focused energy of a neutron star. Do you have any idea what that would do to a planet and all life in the way of that beam.

PenguinLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PenguinLover

Let’s add some context to a few of these:

For the sun feat, he had the crap beaten out of him by Thanos, he was tortured briefly with the power stone, he was knocked unconscious and left in space after a power stone enhanced explosion. Despite that, he STILL managed to hold open a heavy focus array and withstand the concentrated heat of a neutron star for a minute or two.

His strength feat with the rings is debatable but what is not debatable is that he held an entire array in position despite being virtually cooked alive in a (presumably) weakened state. That is a huge strength feat for Thor.

For the ship feat, he flew through a skyscraper sized (I’m guessing here) ship and one-shotted it and others more than once. He’s rarely - if ever - shown that level of strength or striking ability previously.

So yes, Thor did receive an amp. He received a decent strength amp courtesy of holding the array in place and a massive durability upgrade per the neutron star, power stone explosion (a weaker arc one-shotted Drax, Mantis and Nebula btw) and fight with Thanos.

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isn't new, Thor fans have been doing ut for years now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cfefdb3f097d
deactivated-5cfefdb3f097d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree. All of Thor's showings in Infinity War did not happen.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see how anyone can watch the movie and think Thor didn't get way more powerful.

Fact of the matter is Thor from previous films by feats would have been vaporized into nothing after one thousandth of a second of the star beam. Yet he managed to remain alive for many seconds.

imsososorry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hudyman said:
@thevivas said:

Thor after

Racoon's words quite literally after Thor lands is "I think he's dying." Followed by the dwarf guy shouting that Thor needs the axe. Thor himself cannot move. He did not "tank" anything. He just BARELY survived.

The difference between this and the Superman Nuke scene is that Clark wasn't actually dead when hit by the nuke. He could still fully move and control himself.

3) I have no CLUE what you're even trying to suggest to me here. Keep in mind I have the movie open in another tab and I'm watching all the scenes you're talking about. Loki ROSE his hand casually and you're trying to use that as a speed feat? You genuinely cannot be serious right now. A normal human could dodge or block that.

- When I said anyone else could cut Thanos, I wasn't being literal. My point was that it was Stormbreaker that damaged Thanos not Thor. If you gave the axe to anyone else who COULD wield it, the exact same scenario would happen.

Lol I don't even debate with comic book characters. Don't tell me that I've dissected this whole MCU wank already?

Here's the movie link for anyone who wants to watch it and check to see the facts.

Are you trolling because i cant tell. Superman was put in a death coma by that nuke he looks like a corpse in that picture, but he was healed by the sun just like Thor with Stormbreaker.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is ball level. Obviously anything he endured in IW was ball level or below.

Gazool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is ball level. Obviously anything he endured in IW was ball level or below.

He was Knocked down by a ball which couldn't even break glass. He is obviously below ball level . Stop highballing.

OT:

I agree. All of Thor's showings in Infinity War did not happen.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By marvelfan1992

@hudyman said:
@thevivas said:

Thor after

uhm clark was knocked out and was floating in space like a dead man and only came back because he was healed by the sun. Sun healing superman = stormbreaker healing thor. surviving a star>>>surviving a nuke

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gazool: yeah, you’re right. He is prolly closer to tissue paper level

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No...Please no..

Avatar image for deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4
deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate when people feign ignorance or neutrality. All they usually end up doing is tugging on both sides of the argument and making things worse.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By deltahuman

To say he has had zero amps in Infinty War would be wrong.

1) The Star feat even if still unquantifiable, is a clear upgrade in terms of heat resistance. Yes, he would've died without Stormbreaker but when you compare that feat to Thor's best energy durability feat earlier, it's a clear upgrade. He not only endured the heat for a few moments, he was also exerting himself at his peak for that duration of time. I simply don't see anyone in the MCU being able to pull that off.

However, I've one issue with this feat that I've seen here. Many people categorize this as a case of all round durability which it frankly isn't. It's only energy durability and his blunt force durability and piercing durability doesn't get any amps from this feat. Many people act like Thor is invulnerable to all forms of injury after the star feat. That is wrong. People with swords can still kill him. People with Hulk level strength and above can kill him too.

2) He has one more upgrade in IW and that's a strength upgrade. Earlier until Ragnarok, Hulk was still the strongest avenger but not anymore. Thor has pulled off one feat in IW that I simply don't see Hulk being able to do it. Its the ring feat. I know this feat again is unquantifiable to precision. But we can make an estimated guess. It could be anywhere from a thousand tonnes to even million tonne feat (depending upon how precisely you want to make the guess). Nonetheless, that is clearly a massive upgrade. Thor was Hulk tier earlier whose best lifting feat is lifting a tank. This feat puts Thor massively above Hulk in strength. In fact he is the strongest Avenger now.

So overall, IMO these are the two physical upgrades Thor has had in IW as far as I can remember. His blunt force durability and piercing durability is still the same. His combat speed and reactions are pretty the same.

He also has a new weapon, his Axe Strombreaker. Recently the directors clarified something that seemed like another massive outlier. Stormbreaker seemingly overpowered a beam from the completed IG making it seemingly more powerful than the beam itself. But the directors clarified this by saying that the axe overpowered the beam only because the designer of the axe and the gauntlet was the same person, the dwarf Eitri and the axe was designed specifically as a counter to the gauntlet and Thanos. So Stormbreaker is functionally not universal. The axe itself is also an upgrade in Thor's arsenal. Earlier he could only induce blunt force damage with Mjolnir but with Stormbreaker, he cut cut beings with durability at the level of Thanos. This is another area where many people apply NLF. They are of the opinion that Stormbreaker can cut through anything and any being which is wrong. It can only cut beings with piercing durability equal to or lower than Thanos. That is still impressive but it certainly excludes some people who have visibly better piercing durability than Thanos. Stormbreaker can also travel between the Nine Realms now due to the Bifrost integrated with it. Mjolnir could only fly but couldn't teleport in between the Nine Realms by itself. So that is also a clear upgrade.

These are the upgrades Thor has had as far as I can remember. Hope this clears some things up for you.