• 97 results
#51 Posted by The_Kidd (12212 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

@saint_wildcard: its not about wowing me, I already like wraith a lot. He's badass, kicked Superman's ass and wonder woman, was the bomb that destroyed Nagasaki, he's just awesome.

I just don't see what would still be to be revealed about him. He's pretty straightforward.

The minute he chose to have a show down with Batman and it didn't last 10 seconds I lost any sort of respect, even more so with the whole Batmobile assault part. And the fact that he has his own version of Kryptonite was a cheap move by Snyder.

You honestly though he would beat Snyder's Batman but that batmobile assault part was hilarious.

#52 Edited by SaintWildcard (21847 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_kidd said:

@saint_wildcard said:

The minute he chose to have a show down with Batman and it didn't last 10 seconds I lost any sort of respect, even more so with the whole Batmobile assault part. And the fact that he has his own version of Kryptonite was a cheap move by Snyder.

You honestly though he would beat Snyder's Batman but that batmobile assault part was hilarious.

Yes, he should have beat Batman. Not kill but beat, then after the cave is destroyed we see that Batman faked his death by putting on the suit that blocks all the senses. It would have been better and Wraith doesn't loose any respect

#53 Posted by Psycho_Soldier (137 posts) - - Show Bio

seriosly? not 1 DC's FE book? this surely feels Marvel biased

Avatar image for FeedOnATreeFrog
#54 Edited by feedonatreefrog (290 posts) - - Show Bio

^A lot of the Future's End books are enjoyable, but they're the opposite of the word 'essential'.

#55 Edited by jayc1324 (26431 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_wildcard: what? Batman had prep. What do you expect. Wraith still won. Who cares how long it was, it was awesome. How often do we see stuff like that.

And he's solar based, it makes sense he has a kryptonite. He already has a weakness based on the fact that he gets his power from the sun anyway...

#56 Posted by SaintWildcard (21847 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

@saint_wildcard: what? Batman had prep. What do you expect. Wraith still won. Who cares how long it was, it was awesome. How often do we see stuff like that.

And he's solar based, it makes sense he has a kryptonite. He already has a weakness based on the fact that he gets his power from the sun anyway...

Agree to disagree I suppose. I just hope this is the last time he touches Superman.

Keep him batfans

#57 Posted by derekvang (1519 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow... surprised East of West is the only book to pick up this week for me lol

#58 Posted by Cap10nate (3629 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm. Velvet is the only one of these that I'm getting. Need to check the releases to see if it is a light week for me

#59 Posted by saoakden (1285 posts) - - Show Bio

There is a number of books I am looking forward to. The top 5 I want from this week: Edge of Spider-Verse (Spider-Man Noir), Death of Wolverine, Batman: Futures End, Amazing Spider-Man & the book I'm looking forward to the most SUPERMAN UNCHAINED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#60 Posted by eldestrisk (676 posts) - - Show Bio

INVINCIBLE INVINCIBLE INVINCIBLE.

It all comes down to this week. Pretty psyched.

#61 Edited by CrazyScarecrow (2312 posts) - - Show Bio

@maskedguy: I was just about to make my Poochie comment on this site.

This week I'll quite possibly be getting the Futures End Justice League United from DC. I'm still kinda unsure if I want to participate in the Futures End month though odds are I'll pick up whatever looks good.

From Marvel I'll be getting the Fantastic Four and I might be getting Spider-man. Honestly I stress myself to much with this stuff. I'll probably just pick up whatever looks good. The only comic I know I'll definitely be getting this month is Daredevil.

#63 Edited by CrazyScarecrow (2312 posts) - - Show Bio

@scrappydont27: Puhleeze! Poochie is half Joe Camel and third Fonzarelli.

#64 Posted by NightFang3 (12363 posts) - - Show Bio

@timelord said:

DC Comics

First end Futures End Month continues. Pleasantly surprised by the quality of this event so far hopefully it keeps up.

• Batgirl: Futures End #1 -
  • Batman: Futures End #1 -
  • Birds of Prey: Futures End #1 -
  • Constantine: Futures End #1 -
  • Green Lantern Corps: Futures End #1 -
  • Infinity Man and the Forever People: Futures End #1 -
  • Justice League United: Futures End #1 -
  • New Suicide Squad: Futures End #1-
  • Superboy: Futures End #1-
  • Worlds' Finest: Futures End #1 -
  • The New 52: Futures End #19 - We know Superman's identity what will Lois do with the information?
  • Batman Eternal #23 - Catwomans secrete past sure why not?
  • Superman Unchained #8 - Finally!

Pretty much this for me also.

#65 Posted by J_HickmanIsGod (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@cap10nate: get Copperhead #1 too!

i mean Image is killin' it! how can you not pick up at least all their new #1's.

#66 Posted by Ando123 (388 posts) - - Show Bio

MPH # 3 is a must read

#67 Posted by consafo80 (176 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Batgirl Futures End #1

2. Batman Futures End #1

3. Captain Marvel #7

4. Copperhead #1

5. Hawkeye #20

6. Infinity Man and the Forever People Futures End #1

7. Justice League Futures End #1

8. Ms. Marvel #8

9. Velvet #7

#68 Posted by Teerack (10703 posts) - - Show Bio

But watching the movie Prometheus was pointless how could the comic be an essential read.

#69 Posted by Teerack (10703 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_wildcard: @jayc1324: personally i only stayed around for Lee's artwork, cause it's fucking Jim Lee!

I don't get why people feel that way. I feel like more then half the books DC publishes look the same in terms of art. Aquaman, Batgirl, Batman, Green Arrow, Birds of Prey, Green Lantern, etc. It all looks like Lee's art to me but none of it actually is. Flash, Teen Titans, and Wonder Woman are the only titles that I think have stand out art at DC.

I'm pretty sure it's intentional though. I think they want it to all feel very streamlined and similar, or at least at one point that was the idea.

#70 Edited by JakeN7 (15180 posts) - - Show Bio

NO ANNIHILATOR!?

Comicvine, I am disappoint.

You know, the new book from...oh I dunno, GRANT MORRISON AND FRAZER IRVING!?

No Caption Provided

#71 Posted by HolySerpent (13762 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider verse #1

Archer & Armstrong

Superman unchained

#72 Posted by Krypton-115 (545 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait for the Superman Unchained trade, created by my favorite writer and artist.

#73 Posted by Xenonyte (275 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah Superman Unchained is coming out this week. One step closer to finally finishing a 9-issue mini series that started over a year ago...

#74 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_wildcard: Trust you to be bashing the credible quality that is Superman Unchained which delivers an ACTUALLY good Superman story. And feels more like a Superman story than most of the New 52 Superman stories so far. I can handle delays as long as the story is good. But sorry, you only want Superman to act like an arrogant brash jerk all the time so you can 'relate' to him and not feel inspired or bettered by him. There are still writers you can cling to for that facade so go fall back on those so you don't have to see how Superman should be written.

#75 Posted by Blackice709 (1779 posts) - - Show Bio

getting 13 books from marvel this week C:

#76 Posted by battlewingus (33 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_arrow said:

INVINCIBLE INVINCIBLE INVINCIBLE.

It all comes down to this week. Pretty psyched.

Invincible *always* does this. its a roller-coaster that never slows down, thats why its so incredibly awesome.

@jaken7: thanks, i had no idea that existed and now im very interested.

maybe comicvine could have a weekly/monthly article for new/interesting comics. not a ranking or judgment of them, just points of interest (debuts, tiny publishers, interesting creative teams, etc). a place for stuff that doesnt fit with the rest.

#77 Posted by SaintWildcard (21847 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@saint_wildcard: Trust you to be bashing the credible quality that is Superman Unchained which delivers an ACTUALLY good Superman story. And feels more like a Superman story than most of the New 52 Superman stories so far. I can handle delays as long as the story is good. But sorry, you only want Superman to act like an arrogant brash jerk all the time so you can 'relate' to him and not feel inspired or bettered by him. There are still writers you can cling to for that facade so go fall back on those so you don't have to see how Superman should be written.

I love how you exaggerate what I want, it's adorable really. This Superman doesn't feel like either New or Pre 52, the way he acts and talks just feels like a generic superhero. You love John's and say he's writing something that doesn't resemble New 52 but acts they way you wanted, you don't see me bashing that story (in fact I actually like it). So it's obvious I don't have a problem with a non brash Superman but with Snyder's unimpressive story.

#78 Posted by TDK_1997 (18744 posts) - - Show Bio

Mine are:
Batman Eternal #23
New 52 Futures End #19
Copperhead #1
Death of Wolverine #2

#79 Posted by PunyParker (15717 posts) - - Show Bio
#80 Posted by bladewolf (1153 posts) - - Show Bio
#81 Posted by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio

Prometheus Fire and Stone.

#82 Posted by That60sGuy (318 posts) - - Show Bio

Van Lente's not leaving A&A, he's just taking a break for one issue. He'll be back next month on #25.

Fred Van Lente is back for #25 but I think that is his last issue sadly. He said in an interview his finished his story. Although I hope that's all BS!

#83 Posted by Icon (2253 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman Unchained has been worth the delays, but damn I wish they had their act together on that.

#84 Posted by J_HickmanIsGod (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

@j_hickmanisgod said:

@saint_wildcard: @jayc1324: personally i only stayed around for Lee's artwork, cause it's fucking Jim Lee!

I don't get why people feel that way. I feel like more then half the books DC publishes look the same in terms of art. Aquaman, Batgirl, Batman, Green Arrow, Birds of Prey, Green Lantern, etc. It all looks like Lee's art to me but none of it actually is. Flash, Teen Titans, and Wonder Woman are the only titles that I think have stand out art at DC.

I'm pretty sure it's intentional though. I think they want it to all feel very streamlined and similar, or at least at one point that was the idea.

Green Arrow?! Batgirl?! no.

Lemire/Sorrentino's run of Green Arrown had some of the most unique artwork and panel set ups ever.

and batgirl looked really clean and prestine artwork. if you are talking about the first couple arcs. I do however agree with your statements on the Flash's artwork and Wonder Woman's (Cliff Chiang's artwork is impeccable!) as well.

Jim Lee has influenced a lot of artists today. that is no doubt. but i dont believe every artist at DC is 'streamlined'/pressured to draw like him...even if they could.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
#86 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (10331 posts) - - Show Bio

Teen Dog, Copperhead, and Death Vigil - The Superanuated Man, and Black Widow from last week.

#87 Posted by SOG7dc (11368 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want my epic Superman fight....please deliver Snyder!!!

#88 Posted by Deadgod (2206 posts) - - Show Bio

Teen Dog, Archer & Armstrong & maybe Prometheus

#89 Posted by wildvine (14882 posts) - - Show Bio
#90 Posted by CommanderShiro (213 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, Edge of Spider-Verse, and Hawkeye for me.

#91 Posted by rac_shade (128 posts) - - Show Bio

Another glorious week of Indies :-

• Bunker #6

• Copperhead #1

• East Of West #15

• Lazarus #11

• MPH #3

• Powers Bureau #11

• Sheltered #11

• Spread #3

• The Superannuated Man #3

• Velvet #7

#93 Posted by GraniteSoldier (12746 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to start a "Rocket was right" movement.

#94 Edited by dagmar_merrill (12701 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

NO ANNIHILATOR!?

Comicvine, I am disappoint.

You know, the new book from...oh I dunno, GRANT MORRISON AND FRAZER IRVING!?

No Caption Provided

Two things.

1. I thought you detested Irving's art?
  2. I'm not getting this book. While I love Morrison (As you already know) I am picking this up in trade if I hear good things. It's a good idea but I fear Morrison could lose himself in the details, so to speak.
#95 Posted by JakeN7 (15180 posts) - - Show Bio

@dagmar_merrill: No, I like it just fine. I used to hate it, and I would've preferred another artist to him when he worked on Morrison's Batman run, but overall it's totally grown on me. His work with Bendis on Uncanny X-Men recently was phenomenal, and early reviews have said the art in this book is even better. Irving is at the top of his game.

And trade waiting for it is fine, but my policy is that anything with Morrison's name on it at least gets a first issue try from me.

#96 Posted by Cyborg6971 (204 posts) - - Show Bio

DC:

• Future's End Batgirl
  • Future's End Batman
  • Multiversity #1 (didnt pick up when it came out)
  • Batman Eternal

Marvel:

• Magneto
  • Nightcrawler
  • Deadpool
  • Spider-Verse Noir
  • Inhuman
  • Amazing Spider-Man

Image:

• Copperhead
  • Velvet
  • Spread (EVERYONE SHOULD CHECK THIS TITLE OUT RIGHT NOW!)
  • Ghosted
  • God Hates Astronauts (didnt pick it up last week)

anyone else super stoked on all the new titles Image Comics is comingout with in October and in November!!!

my pull is already literally 70% Image and after November it'll be even more. gotta make room, end up taking away some more DC titles most likely.

I'm more excited about IDW's october line up myself.

#97 Posted by dagmar_merrill (12701 posts) - - Show Bio
@jaken7 said:

@dagmar_merrill: No, I like it just fine. I used to hate it, and I would've preferred another artist to him when he worked on Morrison's Batman run, but overall it's totally grown on me. His work with Bendis on Uncanny X-Men recently was phenomenal, and early reviews have said the art in this book is even better. Irving is at the top of his game.

I really liked it in Klarion too. :)

And trade waiting for it is fine, but my policy is that anything with Morrison's name on it at least gets a first issue try from me.

Fair enough.

#98 Edited by BenStark (20 posts) - - Show Bio

For me

Image Comics:
Velvet 7
East of West #15
Death Vigil 3
Lazarus #11
Invincible 114
Spread 3
Ghosted 13

Aspen:
Lola XOXO #4

DC:
Batgirl: Futures end #1

Yeeees! Image!

#99 Posted by derf_jenkins (757 posts) - - Show Bio

US of Murder Inc. is my most anticipated book this week. If you have not read this yet you should give it a try.

#100 Posted by J_HickmanIsGod (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyborg6971: what new titles are IDW releasing in October that can possibly best Image? more transformers?! lol