• 55 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Wednesday: the magnificent day all of us comic book fans look forward to. It's almost here and with it will come a flood of brand new comics for us to read. The only bad thing is it can sometimes be pretty tough deciding which issues to purchase, especially if you're working with a budget. Well, we're here to help you out. The Comic Vine staff has looked over the latest list of new releasesand each of us are going to tell you about some comics that we believe are worthy of your attention. If a comic you're excited about isn't highlighted below, go ahead and give it some love in the comments. That may just motivate one of your fellow readers to give it a shot, after all.

Tony "G-Man" Guerrero's picks

CONVERGENCE #0

No Caption Provided

This is the big one. You’ve likely seen the video narrated by Dan DiDio that reveals a bit about the set up. The whole idea of some of the past versions of the characters we love still being alive is fascinating. What felt like a two-month set of fillers has grown into something much bigger with each bit of information we find out.

The fact that this ties into Superman’s “lost days” after DOOMED is interesting. It puts into context and perspective for those that need a sense of continuity. There may still be readers on the fence with the various books coming out these next two months but this is clearly one to check out to get a taste of what it’s all really about. This could be the perfect way to decide just how invested in these books you will become.

Visit USA Today if you want to read two more preview pages.

UNCANNY INHUMANS #0

No Caption Provided

The more I read of Charles Soule’sINHUMAN, the more I get sold on the Inhumans overall. We know Marvel is pushing the Inhumans and that’s not necessarily a bad thing. So far we’ve seen some great new and old characters in the INHUMAN series. With a second book coming along with the teaser we saw, this is something worth checking out. Plus, like with CONVERGENCE this week, it’s a zero issue. It’s going to set things up and give you an idea if you want to jump on board.

There’s also the fact that Soule is reuniting with Steve McNiven. There’s no way I’m going to miss this.

GOTHAM ACADEMY ENDGAME #1

No Caption Provided

I truly love GOTHAM ACADEMY. It’s been a great series so far and I’ve come to really look forward to seeing what crazy situations the new characters will find themselves in. Last week we saw the end of the first arc which really established who the core characters are and had them form a nice bond with each other.

This may be an Endgame tie-in, but it appears to be more of a chance to allow the characters take part in telling different stories as they remain safely locked away from the madness that has hit Gotham City. We may not have art by Karl Kerschl, as originally solicited, but will we get some other great artists jumping in on the different tales.

Go to Comics Alliance for two more preview pages.

SPIDER-GWEN #3

No Caption Provided

Gwen as Spider-Woman is starting to find her place in her comic world and our hearts. She’s still trying to balance the different parts of her life (or I suppose we should say lives), and it’s not going to get any easier. While it’s great seeing her father alive and on the police force, the fact that we have Frank Castle as an officer and Matt Murdock on the other side of the law, both are pretty much guaranteed to cause serious problems for Spider-Gwen.

Another great thing about this series besides the fresh feeling of the characters is the fact this is also a new universe for us. We don’t have to worry about decades of continuity or history. Each moment or character appearance is new for us. It amps up the excitement and there’s the feeling that anything can happen.

Mat "Inferiorego" Elfring's picks

X-O MANOWAR #35

No Caption Provided

It's no secret that I've been loving this series since day one, but somehow, almost magically, the book keeps getting better and better. The first part of "Dead Hand" led with an interesting villain. Dead Hand is presented in a very cool way in the last issue. It's a robotic, alien force that is going to be almost impossible for Aric to defeat, so it seems for now. Robert Venditti has really crafted not only what is essentially a really solid super-hero book but also a fantastic science fiction book. Dead Hand may not be the best place to jump on but it's clear enough for new readers to pick up. If you've ever been interested in Valiant, this is the book you need to read.

TRUE BELIEVERS: THE AGE OF APOCALYPSE #1

No Caption Provided

Strangely enough, I'm about to recommend a comic that came out when I was a teenager and the current cover price is less expensive than it was back in the mid-90s. AoA is just a solid alternate universe story that made me fall in love with comic books and the stories they tell. The characters are familiar but they each have a new twist on them to make them all really stand out, especially Cyclops' sweet haircut. Aside from AoA being a part of the upcoming SECRET WARS event, this is just a fun story and the reason why everything happens is even cooler, so if you've never read the original AoA, there is no reason not to pick this up.

Gregg "k4tz" Katzman's picks

BATMAN AND ROBIN ANNUAL #3

No Caption Provided

Before Patrick Gleason takes over writing and illustrating Damian's future, Peter J. Tomasi has one story left to tell about the Dynamic Duo. Seeing as BATMAN AND ROBIN #40 was so enjoyable and the run has been so strong, this final issue sure does come with high expectations. I can't say the premise has me all that intrigued (see the preview below), but Tomasi always delivers on the father-son dynamic.

Considering this is his last issue to work with the relationship, you'd hope he's going to give it everything he's got. We know their relationship can be funny thanks to Damian's personality and the way Bruce responds to his sons remarks and actions, but let's hope this also offers some more emotional and compelling moments before the series reaches its very end. Given Tomasi's history with the two heroes, I don't think that's a far-fetched thing to expect.

THE PUNISHER #17

No Caption Provided

Frank Castle vs. Sam Wilson, the new Captain America? Yes, please! The combination of Frank refusing to go all-out against a hero, his limited ammo, and the location should make this a very, very entertaining brawl. Even if it has a generic ending ("I now understand why you're doing this, Frank, so the hero vs. hero fight is over!"), it's still loaded with potential to be good fun.

I have faith in Nathan Edmondson to make the fight play out in a very amusing way and I most definitely have a ton of faith in artist Mitch Gerads to make it all look awesome and give us creative looks at the hero on action battle. I just hope we get a little more follow-up with Sammy. I mean, after what she's endured, she definitely deserves more of the spotlight, right?

KANAN: THE LAST PADAWAN #1

No Caption Provided

The future of Star Wars -- on the big screen, that is -- is going to be all about what's happening afterReturn of the Jedi. However, Star Wars Rebels, which shows the era between the Clone Wars and A New Hope, still has plenty of stories left to tell us. The animated series made us grow attached to the Ghost's crew, and now the gang's Jedi, Kanan Jarrus, is going to get way more attention. The dude already received plenty of spotlight in the show, but this will take us back to a critical time for him and reveal how he was impacted by a not-so-friendly thing called Order 66.

The biggest selling point of them all? It's written by Greg Weisman! Pepe Larraz really won me over with his artwork on DEADPOOL VS. X-FORCE, so it's clear this comic has a very talented team behind it. This really should be an obvious pick up for any fan of the franchise.

Honorable Mention: RETURN OF THE LIVING DEADPOOL #3

Corey "Undeadpool" Schroder's picks

THE WITCHER: FOX CHILDREN #1

No Caption Provided

With last year's WITCHER limited series, Paul Tobin and Joe Querio showed that they are the go-to creative team for a standalone story of Geralt di Rivia that feels like a genuine part of the larger mythos. Like their last tale, this sounds like it's going to take place in a single, somewhat confined space which is a great formula for horror as well as a great excuse for characters to get to know one another quickly, and based on how it went last time, I'm excited to fill in more blanks in one of fiction's most fascinating characters' lives.

BATMAN ETERNAL #52

No Caption Provided

Here we are. We've come to the end of what has truly been an epic ride. There have, of course, been comic series that have gone well beyond fifty two issues, but this one feels like something special as it had no business, on paper, being as good as it turned out. And while the series has had its narrative ups and downs, as well as some in terms of the quality, the downs have never been terribly low and the ups have been consistently high. It all ends here after a shocking double-twist over two issues, and when it's all said and done, I might actually wind up missing a consistent dose of Batman every week. Something I never thought I'd be saying.

AVENGERS #43

No Caption Provided

Spiraling madly toward what feels like an inevitable finale has rarely felt more enthralling and captivating. We all know Secret Wars is where this story ends, but Jonathan Hickman isn't resting on his laurels or allowing the anticipation of the mega-event be the driving force behind this book: each issue, for better or worst, is about massive ideas and mind-bending concepts. Mike Mayhew's got a unique, interesting style that should fit perfectly with the bizarre, often high-concept world that Hickman has crafted, and I'm legitimately excited to see these two creators work together.

Honorable Mention: NAILBITER #11

Follow us on Twitter: CV, Tony, Mat, Gregg, Corey.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

This is my first month going through DCBS, so no more weekly trips to the shop. Think I will swing by and pick up XO and maybe Uncanny Inhumans though.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Avengers and X-O Manowar are my essentials for the week.

I'm also picking up Uncanny Inhumans, Southern Bastards, and Punisher.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Convergence, X-O , and Avengers.

Also earth 2 and futures end

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just Rocket Racoon for me.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Doesn't ninjak 2 come out?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 the_stegman  Moderator

CONVERGENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By SodamYat

That convergence preview is FIRE !!!

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't know K'naan was a padawan

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

@allstarsuperman said:

Doesn't ninjak 2 come out?

That's not for another three weeks.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith: what why? Didn't it come out on the first Wednesday this month?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Will be getting quite a few on this list.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By micah007123

Soooooo has Aric officially tanked a Supernova? I could have sworn last issue that star was destroyed and he was caught in the explosion.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there's a few that i'll be jumping on that are on this list. sucks to see my batman eternal will be ending....

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Doesn't Batman #40 come out? Pretty sure if the tie in is essential, it would be as well ( ._.)

Come to think of it, does Superman #40 come out either?

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Southern Bastards, Black Science, Batman Eternal, Amazing Spidey, Punisher, and Rocket Raccoon for me. Great week.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n so we have to wait a month for this? (just pointing out that it's not 4/30/15 in my part of the space/time continuum)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Punisher #17

Southern Bastards #8

Avatar image for fastestmanalive
Fastestmanalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Fastestmanalive

Big week for me.

Convergence #0 - Curious about the start of this event. Probably just going to check out this first issue. Love Superman and Braniac but dont care for Earth 2 guys so probably gonna just pick up this first issue.

Wonder Woman #40 - End of this story arch. Been pretty meh but been sticking around for the art and Donna Troy. Probably gonna be my last WW issue.

Batman/Superman Annual #2 - Currently my favorite series so looking forward to this.

Batman Eternal #52 - The finale of this awesome series. Hope its a satisfying ending. Who the big baddie gonna end up being?

Superman/Wonder Woman #17 - End of current story line. Didnt really care for it. Hopefully Tomasi improves since he is in general a good writer.

Flash Season Zero #7 - Pretty meh but only way to buy Flash comics since the main series sucks donkey balls these days

Slonewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Convergence #0

Batman Eternal #52

Earth 2 World's End #26

Wonder Woman #40

webbcity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, once again you guys ignore Iron Fist... my favorite title that Marvel is putting out right now. It's unbelievably good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Convergence is going to be the most confusing, silly story ever.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Literally nothing this week, getting me ready for the two months of not reading convergence I guess.

superhoodie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC:

• Superman/Wonder Woman #17
  • Wonder Woman #40

Marvel:

• Amazing Spider-Man #17
  • Avengers #43
  • Iron Fist The Living Weapon #11
  • Kanan The Last Padawan #1
  • Spider-Gwen #3
  • Uncanny Avengers #3
  • Uncanny Inhumans #0
  • Wolverines #13

Valiant:

• X-O Manowar #35
TheIndecider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Batman Eternal #52
  • Batman/Superman Annual #2
  • Avengers Rage of Ultron OGN
  • Rocket Raccoon #10
  • Spider-Gwen #3
  • Black Science #13
righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Convergence and the witcher

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mark_Stephen

Convergence 0 is 4.99 guys, I don't know what your budget is but mine isn't up to that unless I drop another comic and I'm not about to take that risk on an overblown event that'll end up being obsolete in a year or two.

Avatar image for starscream_vs_you
Starscream_Vs_You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been waiting for Convergence!! It's finally here!! Yay

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Doesn't Batman #40 come out? Pretty sure if the tie in is essential, it would be as well ( ._.)

Sadly, Batman has suffered some major delays. It will be released April 29th. I'm not sure about Superman's printing schedule, but the next issue will be released on the 29th as well.

Avatar image for bh6shouldhavehadsilversamurai
BH6ShouldHavehadSilverSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The new art on Batman and Robin looks really pretty. Looking forward to the new artist

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#31  Edited By Teerack

You're so old Matt.

Avatar image for 51stpresidentofplanetneutral
51stPresidentofPlanetNeutral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

World's End #26: The sooner this segways into Society, the better. That's not to say that this story hasn't been awesome, because it has. I just can't wait to see the place they end up leaving their Earth for, and I know that Earth 2 Dick Grayson is going to be the new Batman that's being teased.

Iron Fist #11: Danny's literally been to Hell and back, and it's been amazing. I didn't have high hopes for this series, but now I get excited whenever I open it up to the first page.

X-O Manowar #35: Same deal as Iron Fist, but I've grown to love it.

Tech-Jacket #9: I feel like I'm the only one who looks forward to this book, which is sad, because it's pretty captivating. Wish it were a little more fast paced, but it's coming into its own.

Uncanny Inhumans #0: I wasn't always a huge fan of the Inhumans, but that was just because I didn't know a lot about them. Infinity sparked my interest, and I'm glad it did.

Convergence #0: Being honest, I wasn't sure about picking this up, but since there's the possibility that this event will reintroduce some awesome characters DC left by the wayside, no better place to start than here.

Avengers #43: I'm completely on board with this event.

Batman Eternal #52: Since I'm killing my wallet here, I might as well end it with something I've been following for a while now.

JewishDork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33  Edited By JewishDork

Lady Killer #4

Lovin' the art work on that Batman and Robin annual.

DarthDanMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Convergence #0, Futures End #49, Earth 2: World's End #26 for me this week. Does All-new Hawkeye #2 come out this week as well?

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@battle_forum_junkie: I feel like Batman got delayed so all the random One Shot Tie Ins can be put out before it, idk about Superman, but then again, everything with Geoff Johns seems to be delayed these days.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

My pull list for the week,

1. Arkham Manor Endgame #1

2. Batman and Robin Annual #3

3. Batman Eternal #52

4. Batman/Superman Annual #2

5. Convergence #0

6. Earth 2 Worlds End #26

7. Futures End #48

8. Gotham Academy Endgame #1

9. Harley Quinn #16

10. Sinestro Annual #1

11. Wonder Woman #40

12. Nailbiter #11

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its been a year since eternal started!! Woah! did not realize!!!

SwampPing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Wait is Batman not coming out this week?

deathcamps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for themantisshrimp
TheMantisShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun: The issue is also plus sized and Capullo drew the extra pages.

KnightofSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ouch on the wallet with the 4.99 books this week...

anyhow great stuff as usual...

Convergence #0

Batman & Robin Annual

Batman/Superman Annual

Wonder Woman #40

Superman/Wonder Woman #17

Iron Fist #11

Cyclops #12

Kanan #1

Synack1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Lady killer #4

The new 52: futures end #48

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@longbowhunter: What is DCBS?

@2cool4fun: @battle_forum_junkie: @swampping: I did notice that Batman #40, #Superman #40, Justice League #40, and Multiversity #2 were all delayed to April 29.

@fastestmanalive: The mastermind behind the events of Eternal was revealed at the end of the previous issue. And who it was was not at all unexpected. What exactly do you not like about Venditti and Jensen's Flash? Because I don't think it's half bad.

@bh6shouldhavehadsilversamurai: um actually the Batman and Robin series has been cancelled and replaced with a Damian solo series (Robin: Son of Batman) which will be written and drawn by Patrick Gleason, who has been artist on Batman and Robin since issue 1.

staypuffed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

• Spider-Gwen #3
  • Convergence #0
  • Amazing Spider-Man #17
  • Uncanny Inhumans #0
  • Avengers Millenium #1
  • Uncanny Avengers #3

Pretty good week.

TonyJazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No overpriced events for me... I'll be getting Nailbiter, Egos, God Hates Astronauts, and Tech Jacket from Image comics and probably enjoy them as much as anything people are getting from DC or Marvel...

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Convergence and Inhumans for me.

rac_shade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My Pull this week :

• Black Science #13

• Cluster #3

• God Hates Astronauts #7

• Hellboy And The B.P.R.D. 1952 #5

• Lady Killer #4

• Nailbiter #11

• Southern Bastards #8

• The Dying And The Dead #2

• Casanova Volume 3 Avaritia The Complete Edition HC

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@battle_forum_junkie said:

@2cool4fun said:

Sadly, Batman has suffered some major delays. It will be released April 29th. I'm not sure about Superman's printing schedule, but the next issue will be released on the 29th as well.

Perhaps DC is worried how well Convergence and all the tie-ins will do and sell, so they've pushed some of their major titles -- Batman, Superman, JL, Multiversity #2 -- back to April 29, the halfway point of the Convergence thing. DC cannot afford that some of their readers would not buy any DC comics in the next 2 months just because they may not be interested in the event for one reason or another.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#49  Edited By DonFelipe

@tonyjazz: How's EGOs? I barely remember the mini series from last year. At the end it was revealed the entire EGOs team was made up from an endless resource of clones and then there were two of them sitting at a table with some weird chicken/dinosaur mini-hybrid that sort of looked alike the end boss they had just defeated earlier. And then there was something about her (I don't remember any of their names) mother. Oh my, does this actually make any sense?

How does the 2015 EGOs connect to the initial mini?

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kilowog52: Discount Comic Book Service. You preorder your books 2 months in advance and get 40-50% off.