• 54 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

New comic book day is almost here and with it comes a huge flood of brand new issues. There's a lot to choose from, but what's worth your attention and cash? Well, we've got your back, loyal reader. The Comic Vine staff has reviewed this week's list of new releases and we've each highlighted a couple or more issues we're excited to pick up. We'll even tell you why we're anxious to read 'em; that way you'll hopefully be able to tell whether the issue is something you'd likely appreciate as well. Once you're done seeing what we've selected, feel free to chime in with your own list.

Tony "G-Man" Guerrero's picks

BATMAN #29

No Caption Provided

This is it. We’ve been waiting for the conclusion to the Dark City storyline since we had (the very cool) BATMAN ETERNAL spoiler issue last month. Greg Capullo used that extra time to complete Scott Snyder’s 40-page finale.

It’s Batman vs Riddler to determine the fate of Gotham City. We can likely expect more insight into Batman’s early days as well as Bruce Wayne. There are some questions we’re still waiting to be answered so this would be a great place to get them.

The other thing to keep in mind, this may be the finale to Dark City but it’s not the end of Zero Year. After this we get Savage City. Is there really any way you can think about not picking this up?

You can check out the preview over at Hero Complex.

SECRET AVENGERS #1

No Caption Provided

SECRET AVENGERS has been a fascinating title. The idea of secret missions and plain old subterfuge in the Marvel Universe. Nick Spencer and Ales Kot have been building up the action and mystery in the previous series and now we’re an All-New Marvel NOW relaunch.

Joining Kot on art duties is Michael Walsh (ZERO, THE X-FILES, COMEBACK). With Hawkeye, Black Widow and Spider-Woman on board, you know we can expect some cool things. We’ll also get more action with Nick Fury Jr and Agent Coulson. It appears we can expect more M.O.D.O.K. as well. What more could you ask for?

Honorable Mentions: COFFIN HILL #6, STRAY BULLETS: KILLERS #1

Mat "Inferiorego" Elfring's picks

NIGHTWING #29

No Caption Provided

Time to find out what what is in store for Nightwing! While this isn't the last issue of the book, which will be ending at issue #30, this is the last issue for series writer Kyle Higgins, who has done some remarkable things with this character, since the beginning. Alongside him is artist Russell Dauterman, who did nothing short of an amazing job on the last issue of this series. This is an incredible creative team that I would have loved to see continue on this book. However, all good things must come to an end, so let's send this book off with a blast!

SUPERIOR FOES OF SPIDER-MAN #9

No Caption Provided

Here comes the broken record train, coming around the bend. I could tell you how hilarious or cool this book is or how the art by Steve Lieber is the cat's pajamas. And I haven't even gotten to the fact that this series' story, but the marvelous Nick Spencer is pretty dang awesome. Who doesn't want to see a bunch of B-List villains fumble their way around a book? Anyway, this issue continues the Crime of the Century story line. There's a lot of craziness going on in this book, and I'd be really sad if we couldn't share the awesomeness that is SUPERIOR FOES OF SPIDER-MAN together.

Gregg "k4tz" Katzman's picks

DEADPOOL 25.NOW

No Caption Provided

If you read the last issue there's a roughly 0% chance you won't want to pick this up (that figure's based on a legitimate scientific study, too). The situation with Agent Preston has been "resolved," yet it's opened the door to a whole new problem. Co-writers Gerry Duggan and Brian Posehn are doing a brilliant job turning this volume into a very character-driven experience. Sure, there's plenty of laughs and chaos, but ultimately, it's all about how Wade Wilson's coping with everything and what kind of an impact it leaves on him. Plus, it has a rematch between Crossbones and the Merc with a Mouth, so that alone is quite awesome. To top it all off, it answers a question that everyone has been wondering about for decades now: does Brock Rumlow wear boxers or briefs? Ladies and gentlemen, the preview finally reveals the answer.

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #32

No Caption Provided

Oh hell yes, Leo is back! The team has spent several issues trying to pick up the pieces after the events of City Fall, but now the team is now back in full force and it's just in time for a throwdown with a new mutant and some insanely cool Foot assassins. Based on the preview, it's looking like this is going to be a crazy exciting issue and the story has certainly earned the action-packed development. Ninja fighting? Check. Gorgeous character work by Ross Campbell? Check.

The book's slowly moving the team back to New York City and you can bet I'm stoked to see how Tom Waltz and the minds at IDW plan to shift the team back into the Big Apple. This book continues to rock, so if you're a TMNT fan, do yourself a huge favor and jump right into it.

UNITY #5

No Caption Provided

Valiant's blockbuster book returns with an all-new arc! As a "new" Valiant fan (I dove in when they did their big relaunch), I have literally no idea what to expect as Dr. Silk and Webnet enter the fray. What I do know, however, is that Matt Kindt has been delivering and then some on this book and always manages to make it a hugely epic and engrossing experience. As if every issue feeling like a big budget action movie isn't enough, Ninjak is now leading the team. That's right, MORE NINJAK! Feast your eyes on the preview to get a little taste of dude in action.

Honorable Mentions: SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #6, BLOODSHOT & H.A.R.D. CORPS #20

Corey "Undeadpool" Schroeder's picks

AVENGERS UNDERCOVER #1

No Caption Provided

They're baaaaaaaaa-ack. Not just the roster, but the creators of last year's ultra-controversial Avengers Arena return for the follow-up to the title that made them (in)famous. As a huge fan of their take-no-prisoners style of storytelling, particularly where their own creations were concerned, I think this title has a metric TON of potential. Drafted to infiltrate the new Masters of Evil, but suffering from unknowable trauma, it's doubtful they'll all be able to hold to the straight-and-narrow. Particularly if they're working with others who tried to kill them previously. I cannot WAIT to see the new developments for these characters.

GREEN LANTERN CORPS #29

No Caption Provided

VAAAAAN Jensen and Bernard Chang keep on keepin' on with my favorite book covering the Durlan attacks on the Green Lantern Corps and last issue revealed a chilling final image that kept me counting down to when this book was coming out all month. I don't know how they do it, but they make juggling such a massive roster of absolutely fascinating and diverse characters look easy, and as much as I love Stewart and Fatality, my eyes are squarely on the new characters. The recruits are getting less and less new every issue, and I love how they've been developing. Here's to hoping we get plenty more of them.

Visit uproxx to read the rest of the preview.

ALL-NEW X-FACTOR #4

No Caption Provided

Last issue saw the return of one of the X-Men's most enigmatic enemy/friend/kinda enemy again, and from the looks of it, she'll be joining the ranks of X-Factor, but of course there'll be a few hurdles to overcome first. Peter David's revival of the team he made famous has, thus far, done a phenomenal job of defining the new team members and redefining well-known ones. I've said it before, I'll say it again: I can't remember when Gambit was this interesting. With Carmine Di Giandomenico having only exhausted 1% of his total facial expressions, I'm anxiously awaiting seeing who's next on the roster and what awaits them. This blurb brought to you by Serval Industries.

INVINCIBLE #109

No Caption Provided

Did you READ last issue?! DID YOU?! WHY NOT! WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH YOU?!?! THE TRADE IS OUT AND EVERYTHING! MAT READ IT! BE AWESOME LIKE MAT!...okay, are you back? RIGHT?!?!?! Robert Kirkman keeps finding ways to top himself over and over, he's the undisputed master of the "final image" issue that ends a story arc on the absolute perfect image. Of course that image is brought to life by Ryan Ottley and those two having their names on the book is really enough, isn't it? This has been one of the most consistently fantastic series of the last decade, and I can NEVER wait to see where it goes next.

Honorable Mention: JUSTICE LEAGUE 3000 #4

Follow us on Twitter: CV, Tony, Mat, Gregg, Jen, Corey.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

MAT READ IT! BE AWESOME LIKE MAT!

Paid for by the council to be awesome like me.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

Secert Avengers cover makes me wanna slap someone

New Invincible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Deadpool and Black Widow.

dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Love Hawkeye and Black Widow's solo series, so I'm considering Secret Avengers! I'd definitely get it if Bucky showed up, but I doubt he would because of his history with Natasha.

MatKrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

User Lists: 0

WOO ! Avengers Undercover is out this week. Hopeless Walker continues their stride !

BlackRobin195

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman/Wonder Woman and Nightwing for me.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman1
AllStarHit-Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cant wait for Invincible Robot is awesome.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Batman

Nightwing

Unity

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Secret Avengers interiors are so great, but the cover is ridiculously ugly.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Star Wars 6

Batman 29

Nightwing 29

Smallville Alien 4

Unity 5

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really disappointed that Black Widow #4, Hawkguy #17, and Superior Spider-Man #29 (penultimate issue) weren't mentioned.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Very excited for Invincible and Unity

Also picking Bloodshot, Batman, Avengers World, Black Widow, Fantastic Four, and Secret Avengers

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

I'm oddly excited for Avengers Undercoover

ZbvmX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ZbvmX
@thecheesestabber said:

Secert Avengers cover makes me wanna slap someone

Yea, me too. But hey, there's MODOK in there too :P But I guess I'll just have to ignore the cover for now (or get the Skottie Young variant), since I'm really curious about Kot and Walsh's take on SA.

Edit: NO S.Y. VARIANT!?! We get the Duck variant instead. What the QUACK!?!

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

WOoo Hawkeye #17 is coming as scheduled!

Sadly, I'm dropping BATMAN until Zero Year is over. I might be the only one who is not liking Zero YEar at all. Just boring to me. I know its very unpopular opinion.

All New X Men

Minimum Wage

Black Widow

Batgirl

Superior Foes

Superior Spidey

TMNT

Walking Dead

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By longbowhunter

Looking forward to reading Batman #29 and Superior Foes #9. I wish I could afford to read Secret Avengers, but my pull is so bloated right now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be picking up TMNT, Unity, The Star Wars, and Regular Show: Skips.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Nausfarato one shot

Batgirl

Constantine

CoffinHill

JL3000

JLA

Superman♥'s WonderWoman

Superboy

The Crow: Pestilance

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fantastic week!

Superior Foes, Deadpool, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Superior Spider-Man, Batman, & Unity for me.

ZbvmX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ZbvmX

@undeadpool

Vaaaaaaaaaaaaan Jensen! Haha

-can't wait for GL Corps to be reviewed in this week's podcast (and you better be in it!)

Vaaaaaaaaaaaaan Jensen! lol

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like this list! A little surprised Magnus: Robot Fighter didn't make it this week...

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unity, Secret Avengers, Stormwatch

Does anyone know if Injustice comes out this week?

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25  Edited By SavageDragon

ASTRO CITY #10

Coffin Hill #6

Magnus Robot Fighter #1

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By PapiNacho

Batman, Superman/Wonder Woman, Superior Spider-Man, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Unity, Star Wars

SwampPing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 26

Manifest Destiny! And batman.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Captain13

Come. To. Me.

G.L.C.

jstndmnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

X-factor

Avatar image for FeedOnATreeFrog
feedonatreefrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By feedonatreefrog

BATMAN

SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN

GREEN LANTERN CORPS

HAWKGUY

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By HumanRocket

This is going to be my most epic week ever

Captain Marvel

Hawkeye

Secret Avengers

Superior Spider-Man

Not getting these in digital I'm going to my comic store this week that's how excited I am to pick up issues 1 for Captain Marvel and Secret Avengers I want those physical covers :D

Avatar image for themantisshrimp
TheMantisShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman and Superior Foes for me.

Why is Batman plus sized? Wouldn't it have made sense to take the content from 29 and split it between issues 28 and 29 and just skip the Eternal preview? All I can think of is that they specifically wanted all 40 pages in in a single issue. O well, when comics are as good as Snyder and Capullo make them it's tough to say no to more.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Batman should be awesome this week. Turtles is always awesome. I'm pretty pumped for the new Captain Marvel as well.

KnightofSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By KnightofSteel

First priority for me...

Six Million Dollar Man #1

then...

Batman

Star Wars

JL3K

and Stargirl & Martian Manhunter er... I mean JLA

Avatar image for fastestmanalive
Fastestmanalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool list. Good week for me.

Nightwing #29

This series is winding down. It claims to have direct ties to Forever evil but I doubt it.

Justice League 3000 #4

Can't wait to find out who these guys really are.

Justice League of America #13

Winding down as well and not too sad about. Been very meh. Just hope we get to see how all the heroes get out of the Firestorm matrix. That would make all the past crappy issues worth it somewhat.

Superman/Wonder Woman #6

Final showdown with Zod and Faora. This always a great read so, looking forward.

Superior Spiderman #29

Last two issues have been pretty boring. Lets hope this issues finally kicks off the grand finale we've all been waiting for.

MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Batman!

ThatOneGuy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Ghost #2
  • Batman #29
  • Black Widow #4
  • Captain Marvel #1
  • Hawkeye #17
  • Secret Avengers #1
  • Superior Foes Of Spider-Man #9
  • Superior Spider-Man #29
Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TheFirstLantern

Action Comics 29

Batman 29

Superman/Wonder Woman 6

TMNT 32(THIS IS COMING OUT SOONER THAN EXPECTED)

East of West 10

Invincible 109

Deadpool 25

Fantastic Four 2

Superior Spider-Man 29-ENTER SPIDEY 2099

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

CantDance93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By CantDance93

@g_man: Ocd is a powerful thing :p

SM/WW

JL 3000

Batman for me!

MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

@g_man said:

@madeinbangladesh: You think it's "crap" but you still want to read it? Okay.

I might flip through it to see how it ends.

Avatar image for manwithoutshame
manwithoutshame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By manwithoutshame

For some reason Stray Bullets 41 and brand new series Stray Bullets Killers 1 are omitted. You don't want to miss these books!

Denn979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightwing

Superior Spider-man

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#46  Edited By mak13131313

My pull list for the week,

1. Batman #29

2. Green Lantern Corps #29

3. Justice League of America #13

4. Nightwing #29

5. Superman/Wonder Woman # 6

6. The Star Wars #6

7. Star Wars #15

8. X #11

9. The Walking Dead #123

10. Manifest Destiny #5

11. Uber #10

12. Fantastic Four #2

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GO NINJA, GO NINJA, GO!

Jbreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most looking forward to Batman, Nightwing and X-Factor

Daring_Doodads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Factor is so good. Haven't read a Peter David X-Factor book since his very first issues in the 90s.

scouts1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Batman #29

Deadpool #25.NOW

Hawkeye #17