• 61 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

It's almost time for brand new comics! When a bunch of issues go on sale this Wednesday, it may be a little difficult deciding what to pick up. So, the Comic Vine staff is here to help. We've reviewed the latest list of full releases and each of us will tell you what we're looking forward to reading and explain why. Once you're done seeing what we're excited to check out, tell the world which comics you're anxious to read. Now, let's see what the staff is looking forward to!

Tony "G-Man" Guerrero's picks

JUSTICE LEAGUE #39

No Caption Provided

Geoff Johns and Jason Fabok are heating things up in the pages of JUSTICE LEAGUE. We figured having Lex Luthor on the team would cause problems but with the Amazo Virus he created unleashed, it’s been a completely different set of problems. With most of the team affected and uncontrollable, we’ll get that great sensation of seeing hero fighting hero. There’s a lot at stake as Wonder Woman, Superman, and Lex Luthor will have to try to stop the rest of the team along with figure out a way to cure them. Johns is cranking up the tension and Fabok’s art keeps getting better and better with each issue.

Go to Uproxx for one more preview page.

THE MULTIVERSITY: MASTERMEN

No Caption Provided

I’m a little embarrassed I somehow missed the announcement over this issue. With the MULTIVERSITY books, we know there’s a series of one-shots concluding with THE MULTIVERSITY #2. Somehow I missed that there’d be a book with Grant Morrison, Jim Lee, and Scott Williams. Taking a look at what the comic world would be like if the Nazis won WWII, you can imagine we’re going to see some heavy action as the opposition continues to fight against the fascist regime. Having the Freedom Fighters and heroes from Earth-10 will be cool. It feels like it’s been a while since we’ve seen Uncle Sam, Black Condor, Phantom Lady, and the other characters.

Visit Buzzfeed for an extra preview page.

DEADLY CLASS #11

No Caption Provided

Last issues things got pretty intense. Marcus has an enemy that’s pretty crazy. We saw Marcus and his friends set up an elaborate plan to get in and accomplish their goals. With a group of kids attending a school for assassins, it allowed them to put some of what they’re learning to actual use. Unfortunately things immediately went out of control. This issue is when it all hits the fan. Get ready for some big time and over the top action. Who lives? Who dies? This is what the past few issues have been building up to. Trust me, it’s going to get pretty nutso. Rick Remender and Wes Craig are out of control. And that’s great for us.

MOON KNIGHT #12

No Caption Provided

It’s the end of the second arc. Things haven’t been going too well for Marc Spector. With the Spirit of Khonshu messing around, Marc found himself stripped of his guidance. Last issue left us with quite a cliffhanger. With this marking the end of Brian Wood and Greg Smallwood’s run, there’s no telling how things will end. Obviously Moon Knight will survive in some form since the series is continuing. We’ve been lucky having two great arcs in this series and you won’t want to miss this conclusion to see what’s coming up next.

Click here to watch the Preview Theatre.

Honorable Mention: BLACK WIDOW #15

Mat "Inferiorego" Elfring's picks

Manifest Destiny #13

No Caption Provided

The last issue of MANIFEST DESTINY was pure insanity! It completely changed how the readers view the book and why Lewis and Clark are travelling throughout the New World. Also, there were some great moments with Sacajawea as well. Basically, this was a book I loved that get 10 times better with the last issue, something I didn't think was actually possible. This next issue starts off a new arc where the team finds a... well, a new arch. What insane creatures will they find there and when will Sacajawea reveal her true intentions? I'm on the edge of my seat with this book. You need to pick this one up.

MILES MORALES: THE ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #10

No Caption Provided

I'm still really sad this book is coming to an end, along with the Ultimate Universe as a whole. The past two issues have dealt with Miles' dad working for the criminal underground in his past, and with this issue, Miles will be confronting it all. Plus, he's getting a new spider-power as well? Ok, I'm totally in for that. Although the last couple of issue weren't my favorite, I do love, overall, what David Marquez and Brian Michael Bendis are going on this series, and while it sucks to see it go, I'm going to try and enjoy the rest of it.

THE KITCHEN #4

No Caption Provided

The last issue left the characters of THE KITCHEN at a very weird point. Do they continue going on and making collections or do they prepare for war against one of the most powerful men in the city because he may know what Kath, Angie, and Raven have done? Still really loving this series and I think it's something I'd really recommend people try to catch up on or wait for the trade. It's a solid story and Ollie Masters is doing a pretty incredible job at delivering a powerful and exciting story. On top of that, we have some great art from Ming Doyle to top it all off.

Gregg "k4tz" Katzman's picks

BATMAN AND ROBIN #39

No Caption Provided

Here's the truth: give Peter J. Tomasi and Patrick Gleason a Batman comic and I'm going to check it out. Their BATMAN AND ROBIN run has some seriously impressive moments, so they've more than earned my faith and support. Tomasi goes for big, epic fun but doesn't neglect character and humor. Gleason is brilliant with horror, emotion, and displays of badassery. The fact that Damian Wayne -- my favorite Robin -- is back and sporting super powers is just a very, very nice bonus. This book did a phenomenal job handling the father-son dynamic between Bruce and Damian, so yeah, I'm obviously looking forward to see how it'll continue to play out and just how much Damian's new abilities will change their relationship. I view this as a must read series for anyone interested in Batman's world.

Check out Newsarama for the final preview page.

THE VALIANT #3

No Caption Provided

Hey, you. Yeah, you. Why aren't you reading THE VALIANT? If you are, cool. If not, why not? "I can't add another series to my stack!" "I don't know Valiant characters!" Unless you've given this a shot and it simply isn't your thing, there isn't a good excuse to miss this limited series. The creative team has done amazing work making sure this story can appeal to anyone. If you just know "Valiant" is the name of the publisher, this is a series that'll introduce you to its evergrowing (and not to mention awesome) world and most likely hook you. If you've been familiar with the publisher, then the huge story, mythos building and pure fan service is basically guaranteed to win you over. No one wants to add another $3.99 comic to their budget, but trust me, this one is worth it. I know I already used the word "awesome" in this blurb, but I'm going to use it one last time, okay? Buy THE VALIANT because it's awesome. It's that simple.

Honorable Mention: RUMBLE #3

Corey "Undeadpool" Schroeder's picks

SILK #1

No Caption Provided

Silk's debut into the Marvel Universe was one fraught with pitfalls. From an unusual attraction, to seemingly little-to-no backstory, and an improvised costume, it wasn't terribly clear where the character was going or who she was meant to be. Fortunately, Dan Slott managed to dodge each one of these by actually integrating them into her character and making them an organic part of who she is, which leads us to two new creators taking up the torch and running with it. And while I'm not familiar with either Robbie Thompson nor Stacey Lee's previous comics work, a quick glance at an internet search shows that there's plenty to be excited about from both of them.

SHE-HULK #12

No Caption Provided

It's the final issue and NO, YOU'RE CRYING!!...ahem. It's the final issue of Charles Soule and Javier Pulido's brilliant, surreal love letter to the Silver Age style and there are still a few questions that need answers, but we're well on our way to getting them. This has been a roller coaster of a book, and while it's always sad to see titles end prematurely, at the very least we're getting what looks to be a satisfying end to the story arc. Soule and Pulido started on this book, and it only seems fitting that they be the final creators on the title that flew, perhaps, just a LITTLE to far under the radar.

ALL-NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA #4

No Caption Provided

Step 1: Reinvent/reintroduce/reinvigorate a pre-existing, long-standing character. Step 2: PUT THEM THROUGH THE ABSOLUTE RINGER. This seems to be the pattern for a lot of Marvel's newest titles, and Sam Wilson is no exception to that rule. After finally putting one of the uglier stories from Marvel's past firmly in the retcon coffin, Rick Remender is poised to let the character spread his wings in ways that we've never seen before...see...see what I did there?...yeaaah, nailed it. Stuart Immonen is one of the best artists in the business when you need frantic, impactful action and that's exactly what we've gotten these last few issues, and I'm thrilled to see it's what we're going to keep getting in the issues to come.

Honorable Mention:UNCANNY X-MEN #31

Follow us on Twitter: CV, Tony, Mat, Gregg, Corey.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

i gotta pick up some more indie titles . anyone know which is better manifest destiny or the kitchen?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Multiversity!!!!

Aliltron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 16

Black Widow and Justice League for me this week!

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If Multiversity doesn't it "Best Scene with a Bathroom", I give up on life

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Multiversity looks f*cking awesome this month

Sad that were finally at the final issue of She-Hulk :(

superhoodie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By superhoodie

Great week for me

DC:

• Green Lantern: New Guardians #39
  • Multiversity Mastermen #1
  • Supergirl #39
  • Superman/Wonder Woman #16
  • Wonder Woman #39

Dynamite:

• King Mandrake The Magician #1

Image:

• Bitch Planet #3
  • Deadly Class #11
  • Lazarus #15

Marvel:

• All-New Captain America #4
  • Avengers World #17
  • Captain America And The Mighty Avengers #5
  • Magneto #15
  • Miles Morales The Ultimate Spider-Man #10
  • Moon Knight #12
  • Ms. Marvel #12
  • She-Hulk #12
  • Silk #1
  • Silver Surfer #9
  • Storm #8
  • Uncanny X-Men #31
  • Wolverines #7

Valiant:

• Ivar Timewalker #2
  • Unity #15
  • The Valiant #3
longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Deadly Class #11

Ivar, Timewalker #2

Manifest Destiny #13

The Valiant #3

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Essentials for me this week are Lazarus and Black Widow

Also getting Invincible, Avengers World, Moon Knight, Ivar: Timewalker, Unity, and The Valiant

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#10 inferiorego  Staff

@soa said:

i gotta pick up some more indie titles . anyone know which is better manifest destiny or the kitchen?

manifest destiny

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My pull list for the week,

1. Batman and Robin #39

2. Batman Eternal #46

3. Batman/Superman #19

4. Earth 2 Worlds End #20

5. Futures End #42

6. Green Lantern New Guardians #39

7. Injustice Year Three #10

8. Justice League #39

9. Multiversity Mastermen #1

10. Supergirl #39

11. Wonder Woman #39

12. Manifest Destiny #13

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SodamYat
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Ivar Timewalker #2

Unity #15

The Valiant #3

MPH #5

pinecone1510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who's taking over Moon Knight?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Valiant and Rocket Raccoon.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lazarus!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Think it's just Rocket Raccoon for me this week.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand how Lazarus never makes this list, it is consistently the best comic every single week it is released.

Anyways massive week for me, probably won't buy them all this week cause of cost.

DC

Batgirl, Batman and Robin, Multiversity, Supergirl,

Tooth and Claw, Lazarus

Marvel

Black Widow, Silk

skaldadottir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me it's

Silk #1

Loki: Agent of Asgard #11

Ms. Marvel #12

Avengers World #17

Loki is going to be extremely painful this coming Wednesday... sob.

webheadcomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Valiant!!!

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mastermen and justice league

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Multiversity and justice league

Xframe29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto #15

Moonknight # 12

Batgirl

Timewalker

rac_shade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My Pull this week :

• Autumnlands Tooth And Claw #4

• Deadly Class #11

• Drifter #4

• Ei8ht #1

• Lazarus #15

• Manifest Destiny #13

• MPH #5

• Rumble #3

• Secret Identities #1

• Scalped Deluxe Edition v1 HC

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#27 pikahyper  Moderator

For those that haven't heard there won't be any IDW books this week, the shipment is stuck on a boat in the middle of the ocean due to a labor strike or some such, this weeks books are being merged into next week and most likely some of next week will get pushed back a week so next week isn't too big.

TobenRacicot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

who is taking over Moon Knight?

Avatar image for comicaddict2814
ComicAddict2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soa: Manifest destiny is amazing and I recommend it to everyone. It's a great story and adventurous, not to mention the artwork is incredible. This is a must read for all comic book readers IMO. I'm sure others would agree. Just my two cents

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just curious, what is the "Ugly Story" retconned in All-New Captain America?

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Avenger's World should help clear up what happened during the 8 month jump for Time Runs Out.

JewishDork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By JewishDork

Finally the end of that Uncanny X-Men arc. Going to miss the Moon Knight team. The Magneto series, has been one of Marvels best new books.

Em3raldWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• BATMAN AND ROBIN #39
  • GREEN LANTERN NEW GUARDIANS #39
  • JUSTICE LEAGUE #39
  • MULTIVERSITY MASTERMEN #1
  • TEEN TITANS #7

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Boynerdgeek

Batman Superman issue 19, Justice League 39, Batman and Robin issue 39, Multiversity Mastermen

derekvang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy sh... wow, a hella big week for me especially since I haven't been to my lcs in about 2-3 weeks. My money's hella going down the drain considering I just bought 2 tickets for my dad and I to go and see Mötley Crüe live and bought another ticket for an early birthday gift to for myself to see the Foo Fighters the day after my birthday

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37  Edited By DD208

@soa: Manifest is better and is an ongoing while The Kitchen is good but i's only 8 issues.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman404: i do not mind a limited series but since everyone is leaning towards manifest ,ill check it out !!

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe Silk.

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for fastestmanalive
Fastestmanalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome week for me. The most and best titles of the month for me. Week three is the best week of the month.

Justice League #39

Supergirl #39

Batman/Superman #19

Wonder Woman #39

Superman/Wonder Woman #16

Trinity of Sin #5

WheatStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For those that haven't heard there won't be any IDW books this week, the shipment is stuck on a boat in the middle of the ocean due to a labor strike or some such, this weeks books are being merged into next week and most likely some of next week will get pushed back a week so next week isn't too big.

Are they printed outside the US ... I drive by the IDW building all the time, just assumed they had big magic comic book printing machines in there, too.

Also, Shulkie #12, I'm not crying ... I learned to shed one manly tear and look forward to Avengers Force. It was rough, but I managed.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 581

#43 pikahyper  Moderator

@wheatstalker: Everything from IDW gets printed in Korea and then shipped over here in big container ships. You won't be driving by them much longer, few more months and they'll be moving off Rosecrans in NTC, they are opening a comic museum there as well.

Avatar image for comicvine_is_jericho529
comicvine_is_jericho529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It makes me happy knowing that my fellow Viners are reading the BEST series 2 years running Lazarus! Keep buying those issues to keep the book alive!
:D
Yall the real MVP

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Jestersmiles

This week pull is just doing some catch up on Harley

Valentine special

Christmas Special

Future End

and Her annual.

I am think I found my fourth and final Book in THE VALIANT.

It will fit nicely with Harley, Deathstroke, and She thor :)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#47  Edited By Lvenger

The Multiversity: Mastermen #1 and Lazarus #15 for me. I simply can't miss out on a book where my favourite writer and favourite artist are collaborating together. Even if Lee does annoy me immensely for his Unchained delays.

Wilbertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soa said:

Manifest Destiny, 100%. But that's just my humble opinion of course.

Avatar image for davidgrantlloyd
davidgrantlloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By davidgrantlloyd

Superman Wonder Woman 16

Wonder Woman 39

Justice League 39

Multiversity Mastermen