• 56 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

This Wednesday, an overwhelming amount of comics will go on sale. Deciding what you should pick up can sometimes be pretty difficult, so we here at Comic Vine want to help you out. The staff has reviewed the latest list of new releases and each of us are going to tell you which issues we're really excited to read and why we can't wait to get our hands on them. Once you're all set seeing what we suggest picking up, please don't forget to chime in with the list of comics you're looking forward to reading the most.

Tony "G-Man" Guerrero's picks

MULTIVERSITY PAX AMERICANA #1

No Caption Provided

The MULTIVERSITY one shots have been pretty crazy and fascinating. Grant Morrison has been giving us different versions of familiar characters as we visit other Earths across the Multiverse. Part of the fun is you never really know what you’re going to get in the next issue as we wait to see how it all ties together.

This issue in particular should capture your attention. Grant Morrison is reuniting with Frank Quitely.

Morrison and Quitely together again. That should be all you need to know to pick up this issue. With the Question, Blue Beetle, Captain Atom, and others included “as we’ve never seen them before,” this should be an exciting read.

Check out Entertainment Weekly for an extra preview page.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

WONDER WOMAN #36

No Caption Provided

There aren’t many New 52 series that had the original creative team for this long. With Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang’s run over, we are now getting ready for the next team to come on.

This issue marks the debut of Meredith Finch as writer and David finch as artist. We talked to the two at San Diego and also got a look at some pages from the issue. Along with the preview released, we can say it does indeed look good.

Following an established creative team is never easy but that does amp up the curiosity to see what the next chapter for Diana holds. There were some that felt Azzarello’s direction wasn’t quite for them so how this new run handles the adventures of Wonder Woman will be worth checking out. Plus, Swamp Thing!

DEADLY CLASS #9

No Caption Provided

DEADLY CLASS continues to be one of my favorite new series coming from Rick Remender and Image. Last issue we got a glimpse into Marcus’ mysterious past. Things didn’t go too well and we have an idea why someone from his past is out to get him. As this confrontation gets closer to happening, Marcus will have to see whether or not he and his friends can handle it.

Wesley Craig’s art and Lee Loughridge’s art makes this book stand out. The 80s setting also gives a different taste to the story as you try to picture it happening back in that time. If you haven’t been reading this series, you need to fix that.

MOON KNIGHT #9

No Caption Provided

There’s been some question about Moon Knight’s sanity. We’ve seen him talk to a psychiatrist in this series but we’ve also seen there’s a little more to her than there appears to be. It’s a bit of a surprise that he would go back to talk to her after it was revealed she actually tried to have him killed. I mean, what’s up with that?

We might still be missing Warren Ellis and Declan Shalvey on the series but Brian Wood and Greg Smallwood have done a superb job coming in and taking over the series. The tone feels the same and of course Jordie Bellaire’s continued coloring helps as well.

With this issue delving into Moon Knight’s psyche, it’s most likely going to get a little triply.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

TEEN TITANS: EARTH ONE HC

No Caption Provided

It feels like it’s been a while since we’ve had an EARTH ONE book. What’s fascinating about this is it doesn’t deal with either Batman or Superman. Bravo to DC for giving another group of characters the chance to get the Earth One treatment.

Jeff Lemire gets the opportunity to reinvent the Teen Titans but there are some familiar elements to them despite the changes. I am a fan of seeing new versions of characters and having this told in a longer form format will let us really get into who these characters are in this world. Too many times origin stories feel like the action has to get put on hold a little as we figure out who everyone is. I also enjoy seeing Terry Dodson’s art and even though this is a hardcover with a hardcover price tag, it’s something fans of the Teen Titans will want to check out to see what this world holds for them.

Honorable Mention: SPIDER-WOMAN #1

Mat "Inferiorego" Elfring's picks

SAGA Deluxe Edition HC Vol 01

No Caption Provided

If you've been putting off reading SAGA, now is your time. While the epic space-opera is pretty far in, this giant-sized, deluxe, hardcover edition of the book puts together issues #1-18 of the series, so you can catch up on the story or just double-dip, like me, and have a sweet hardcover edition on your bookshelf. The book also comes with script pages, sketches, and a bunch of other interesting stuff. This is a must have for SAGA fans.

FANTASTIC FOUR #13

No Caption Provided

Sadly the Red uniforms are gone, even though I really liked them. I'm loving the Thing and Sandman team-up in jail and I'm excited to see this team come back together, since they've been split apart and tested as a group since the start of this series. Robinson and Kirk have done a wonderful job on this series and I can't wait to see what they have in store next, like more Malice. It's a shame Marvel is cancelling this series. Seriously, a shame.

X-O MANOWAR #30

No Caption Provided

Have you been wanting to read X-O MANOWAR? Well, here's the perfect jumping-on point! Now that Armor Hunters is over, it's time to see how Aric is dealing with the fallout ad it looks like other people have found a way to duplicate other armors, which will attack Aric. This has been my favorite of all of Valiant's books and one of my favorite overall super-hero books. This is a place you should jump on the check out this series.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6

Gregg "k4tz" Katzman's picks

ELEKTRA #8

No Caption Provided

If you own some confetti, go get it right now. Okay, ready? Michael Del Mundo is back on art! Now throw the confetti in the air to celebrate! Huzzah! Seriously though, Del Mundo's brilliant and jaw-droppingly creative pages transformed ELEKTRA into a phenomenal experience, so having him back on the title really is something special.

Del Mundo is joining writer W. Haden Blackman once again for a story that's looking like it'll be all kinds of thrilling. Elektra vs. S.H.I.E.L.D.? Bringing the now incapacitated Bullseye back into the picture? Oh yes, this is going to be good! If you haven't read ELEKTRA yet, please do yourself a favor and look at that glorious preview.

BATMAN AND ROBIN #36

No Caption Provided

Peter J. Tomasi and Patrick Gleason continue Batman's assault on Apokolips and the Dark Knight will stop at nothing until he can get his son back. That alone means this one is probably worthy of the cover price -- Tomasi's fast-paced script is a blast and Gleason's art is appropriately dark and intense -- but we also have more members of the Bat-family, Cyborg AND Titus on Apokolips, too!

Sure, it's a bit of a bummer we already know whether Damian will return, but I'm still completely sold on wanting to see how it'll all play out. Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo are doing huge things over in BATMAN, but this is the other Batman book that you need to reading. This is an important arc for Bruce, so don't miss out on it.

Visit Newsarama for another preview page.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

DEADPOOL #37

No Caption Provided

Goodbye, Deadpool. Hello, Zenpool! No matter how you feel about Marvel's latest big event, it's looking like the latest big development has brought about some very interesting change in the merc with a mouth's series. Co-writers Gerry Duggan and Brian Posehn have really won me over with their ability to balance emotion and comedy, so I have nothing but faith in how they'll write a completely new version of this character. Throw in Mike Hawthorne's wonderfully animated and expressive artwork and this is yet another issue of DEADPOOL that I'm very anxious to read. Plus, the new premise means it's technically a jumping on spot!

AXIS: CARNAGE #2

No Caption Provided

Okay, I have a confession to make. I was never a big Carnage fan. I mean, I don't dislike the bad guy, but he was never close to being one of my favorite Spider-Man villains. So, going into this limited series, I wasn't really sure what to expect. Even if Carnage now thinks he's a hero, is it enough to justify a limited series? Luckily, the answer is a very loud and clear yes. The opening chapter made me burst into laughter a handful of times; seeing Carnage put his own twisted take a being a hero is a real delight. The plot with the new Sin-Eater and reporter isn't nearly as engaging, but the stuff with the red symbiote is pure gold and I'm really looking forward to plenty more of that. It's looking like this will be a great issue to pick up if you just want to enjoy some craziness, laughs, and fun.

Honorable Mention: PREDATOR: FIRE AND STONE #2

Corey "Undeadpool" Schroeder's picks

BATWOMAN #36

No Caption Provided

I've kept one eye on BATWOMAN ever since the creative shift, and while I've generally liked what I saw, nothing quite got my attention like last issue's trip to space. With an all-new team. Ending on a massive cliffhanger. Marc Andreyko and Georges Jeanty's tale of monsters in space was a glimpse at the team taking the character in a direction she's never been in before, completely independent of where she'd been in previous storylines. And now we apparently get to learn how she got there, and that sounds like a story very much worth knowing.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6

BLACK WIDOW #12

No Caption Provided

While Black Widow's away, the news media will play. With her reputation, that is. After last issue's appearance from X-23, Natasha looks like she'll be running with the Howling Commandos while Nate Edmondson and Phil Noto continue to render the various reactions that her Avengers teammates will have as she's very clearly violating their rather strict "no-kill" policy. Edmondson's always been able to integrate guest stars seamlessly into this title, and these ones should fit in ESPECIALLY well.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

NEW AVENGERS #26

No Caption Provided

The future is here and the future is terrible. Time is running out, but who for is unknown after last issue's revelation of double-agents and authority run amok. The battle lines have been drawn, but who stands for what is still nebulous, and if there's one thing that Jonathan Hickman excels at, it's bringing disparate threads together into a cohesive, compelling whole. Kev Walker's coming back to the title, and that's great cause I get the feeling the emotions are going to run STRONG with this one, and powerful emotion is his specialty.

Honorable Mention: INVINCIBLE #115

Follow us on Twitter: CV, Tony, Mat, Gregg, Corey.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Huh, the previews aren't working.

In any case looking Forward to Teen Titans Earth One, Wonder Woman, Teen Titans, Justice League, and Fantastic Four.

I'm also really looking forward to Supergirl, kinda disappointed it didn't make the list.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Natasha's gonna have to deal with Anderson Cooper...

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: Just tried it again and they're working now.

Aliltron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Aliltron

Black Widow for sure. It's such a great book.

dagmar_merrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Deadpool and Multiversity! Suh-weet!!

Still don't get the hype around Saga..

The Teen titans Earth one looks nifty, I'll probably get that too.

Paul2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Deadly Class is so good I wish I could go to the future so I can just binge the hell out of it, I hate waiting a month!

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How much is Teen Titans Earth One anyways?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

You couldn't pay me to read this new Wonder Woman run

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Geez this is gonna be a bad week to be my wallet.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing Spider-Man, Deadpool, Moon Knight, Punisher, & Batman Eternal.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By SaintWildcard

SM/WW 14

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Comicdude360

Not actually liking this week.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Axis Carnage and Wonder Woman

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Huge week coming up!

I'm so excited!

I've been waiting for Pax Americana for what feels like forever!

Avatar image for ultimastarkiller
UltimaStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My haul this week:

• Amazing Spider-Man #10
  • Avengers vs X-Men: Axis #6
  • Batman/Superman #16
  • Daredevil #10
  • Deadpool #37
  • Earth 2 World's End #7
  • Guardians of the Galaxy #21
  • Justice League #36
  • Moon Knight #9
  • Multiversity: Pax Americana #1
  • New 52 Futures End #29
  • Superman/Wonder Woman #13
Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I believe I have a dozen pulls this week. The ones I am looking forward to the most are

- Fantastic Four

- New Avengers

- Black Widow

- X-O Manowar

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By micah007123
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us
  • Avengers
  • New Avengers
  • Multiversity: Pax Americana
  • Justice League
  • X-O Manowar
DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

At least give it a shot.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teen titans

Multiversity

Wonder Woman

TheIndecider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheIndecider

Between the next few weeks of comics and Xmas shopping, my bank account is going to be practically inconsolable until 2015

• Batman Eternal #33
  • Batman/Superman #19 - I was considering dropping this for a while, but it's won me back after the last arc
  • Justice League #36
  • The Multiversity: Pax Americana #1
  • Daredevil #10
  • Amazing Spider-Man #10 - SpOck vs Spidey Round 2
  • Superior Foes of Spider-Man #17 - God I'm going to miss this one, but I'm still glad it lasted as long as it did Guess it got delayed
  • Fables #146
Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batwoman has one issue to convince me that it's worth picking up and that's mainly because I'm curious how they are going to go from vampire to space. I was enjoying the last storyline.

Azzarello's treatment of Wonder Woman and the Amazon's pretty much killed the character for me, nothing in the preview is making me curious. DC wants to go with Diana Goddess of War, leader of a stone age tribe of man hating rapist murderers they can, but I won't.

X-O Man of War looks interesting since Valiant put out the handbook and Unity has been good.

Forget the Fantastic Four, I've got too little money as it is to waste on a title and characters marvel is tossing into the trashcan and that storyline was done for me when Sue beat Dr. Doom. Besides after they get together Reed joins the Illuminati to blow up worlds, so I think she'd be better off marrying Doom anyway.

Billy_Cobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: Teen Titans Earth One is $22.99. I believe all of the Earth One books have been this price so far.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jayc1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure how I feel about robin rises. Not only do we know Damian returns, but cyborg is there for some reason, and so is the bat family and Titus. They're all unnecessary and are too much. What are they gonna do on Apokolips? Batman needed a suit built by the entire league to go, it'll be silly if they can help at all. Also I think its a little out of character for batman to act how's he's acting. He's not even thinking, just stomping everyone and screaming "Where is my son!!!!?!?!?" Kind of boring. Also the hellbat suit is cool and all but what it did last issue just wasn't that satisfying.

I'm still excited to see it all play out, but at this point all I'm really looking forward to is batman vs Darkseid.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Wonder Woman

Teen Titans

Justice League

Teen Titans: Earth One

Harley Quinn

Earth 2: World's End

Batman and Robin

Saga

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My pull list for the week,

1. Batman and Robin #36

2. Batman Eternal #33

3. Batman/Superman #16

4. Batman '66 Meets The Green Hornet #6

5. Earth 2 Worlds End #7

6. Futures End #29

7. Green Lantern New Guardians #36

8. Harley Quinn #12

9. Injustice Year Three #4

10. Justice League #36

11. Multiversity Pax Americana #1

12. Wonder Woman #36

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Avengers & X-Men: Axis #6
  • Batman and Robin #36
  • Earth 2: World's End #7
  • Uncanny X-Men #28
  • X-Force #12
bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me:

• Batwoman 36
  • Justice League 36
  • Magneto 12
  • Multiversity: Pax Americana 1
  • Punk Mambo 0
  • X-O Manowar 30

I also plan to pick up Deadly Class eventually; love the series, but am currently a month behind on it.

CrystalMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By CrystalMaster

Just Godhead and some shop readings on Teen Titans and WW, i don't have high hopes for either, but i may be surprised

staypuffed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

• Amazing Spider-Man #10
  • Justice League #36
  • Avengers & X-Men: AXIS #6
KnightofSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big week for me:

• Batman & Robin #36
  • Batman Eternal #33
  • Justice League #36 (gonna be awesome!)
  • Superman/Wonder Woman #13 (really looking forward to see what Tomasi and Mahnke bring to the table)
  • Wonder Woman #36 (never bought any previous issues cause the art was never really my bag, but now....this is more like it!!!)
  • Moon Knight #9
  • Guardians of the Galaxy #21
J_HickmanIsGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

going to be picking up whatever is on my pull list from the past three weeks this wednesday, so its going to be a huge hit to the wallet but im going to have a lot of binge reading to do over the weekend and thats my favorite thing to do

J_HickmanIsGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^^also the slogan of the month.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: what,Marvel's Illuminati blow up worlds??...well they are more act like gods than DC Characters I guess since pretty much any Justice League don't act like judge and jury to blow up worlds. Can atleast they act heroic and save the world ?

Avatar image for justiceleaguer99
JusticeLeaguer99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#This week I'm getting:

• The Multiversity Pax Americana
  • Justice League #36
  • Green Lantern New Guardians #36

And possibly

• Batman '66: the lost episode
asjmooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman & Robin

Batwoman

Multiversity

Justice League

Wonder Woman

Black Widow

Batman Eternal

Future's End

World's End

Axis

Avengers

Magneto

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#39  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Still haven't even read last weeks' comics. Pulling 50+ hour work weeks and have 2 new video games to play and at least 2 more movies to see T.T

rac_shade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My Pull this week :

• Afterlife With Archie Magazine #2

Annihilator #3

• Deadly Class #9

• Intersect #1

• Powers Bureau #12

• Zero #12

• Mind MGMT v4 : The Magician

• Saga Deluxe Edition v1

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

No mention of Punk Mambo?

mje360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I look forward to Deadpool, Batman and Robin, and Carnage Axis!

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teen Titans Earth One was so quiet for so long, I started to think it got canceled. Can't wait.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Transformers Primacy 4
  • Godzilla Cataclysm 3
  • DoW: Weapon X Program
  • Elektra 8
  • Predator FaS 2
  • Wonder Woman 36

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

So many good books! So little money!!!

I'm going to wait for the Wonder Woman reviews before actually giving it a try. It's going to be hard to top the previous creative team. Teen Titans: Earth One is the one I'm particularly more excited for... and I also want to be excited for Spider-Woman but... Greg Land!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#46 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@jwalser3 said:
  • Transformers Primacy 4
  • Godzilla Cataclysm 3
  • DoW: Weapon X Program
  • Elektra 8
  • Predator FaS 2
  • Wonder Woman 36

You're the first comment to have Elektra on a pull list! Can we be best friends?

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice

CoryNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By CoryNick

My pull list this week

Batman Eternal #33

Black Widow #12

Daredevil #10

Fantastic Four #13 (Why is Marvel canceling this?)

Moon Knight #9

Punisher #12

Superman/WonderWoman #13

Deadly Class #9

Batman & Robin #36

Pax Americana #1

Predator Fire & Stone #2

MikeGrier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Deadly Class
  • Justice League
  • Magneto
  • Avengers
  • New Avengers
  • Amazing Spider-Man
  • X-O Manowar
  • Green Lantern: New Guardians

I wish Magneto wasn't an Axis tie-in (trying to pretend that event isn't happening) but other than that it should be a good week!

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 12

#50  Edited By TDK_1997

Mine are:
Batman and Robin #36
Harley Quinn #12
Justice League #36
Multiversity Pax Americana #1