• 63 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

For some, Monday means returning to yet another busy week of work or classes. But for Comic Viners, Mondays are worth celebrating because it can only mean one thing: preparing for glorious new comics! Every week, the Comic Vine staff will feast their eyes on the absurdly long list of new releases and we'll each pick a few that we're really excited to check out. We'll do our best to sell you on 'em and, if possible, we'll attach previews as well.

Are you picking up any of the following issues or is your list totally different? Let us know below. If it's not on our list, go ahead and say why you're stoked for it. Your praise just may inspire a fellow Viner or two to give the book a shot.

Tony 'G-Man' Guerrero's picks

BATMAN #25

No Caption Provided

Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo blew us away with the first act of Zero Year and now it's time to see what happens next. Batman's confrontation with the Red Hood Leader ended but Riddler is still on the loose and has just unleashed his plan. Sending all of Gotham into darkness may not sound like a big deal but shutting down a major city is bound to have big repercussions. While Batman will likely try to stop Riddler, he'll also have to deal with the GCPD who likely won't be too keen on his assistance.

You may think you know Batman's full history and origin but Snyder and Capullo are showing us a chapter in Gotham's history that we were unaware existed. Word is we'll also be seeing the Batmobile for the first time.

Check out The Hollywood Reporter for one more page.

ALL-NEW X-MEN #18

No Caption Provided

Battle of the Atom has ended and we were left with a new status quo for the original X-Men. Kitty made a pretty bold decision and while I can't say I fully agree, you have to admit this is going to shake things up a bit and should prove interesting.

The dynamic between Wolverine and Cyclops has had readers stand on either side, in terms of support. This could be a way to look at it from a different angle. I can't help but wonder if perhaps there is more to Kitty's decision that there appears to be? Having Kitty at Illyana's side once again should be interesting as well. Their deep friendship is one that has been ignored or forgotten for far too long.

SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #2

No Caption Provided

Some may love the two together while others are hating it but Charles Soule showed us he can make a series focusing on these two iconic characters work. The first issue reinforced just how rich the two characters' supporting cast can be. It's great to see that this won't just be a series focusing on action with the two. We will be seeing more about them as characters and their backstories.

Tony Daniel's art knocked us off our feet. He captured both the essence of the characters along with the action that built up as the issue went along.

And how about that last page? This issue is going to get pretty crazy.

Visit USA Today for one more preview page.

Honorable Mentions: NIGHTWING #25, JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #9

Gregg 'k4tz' Katzman's picks

DEADPOOL #19

No Caption Provided

The final chapter of the immensely powerful story, "The Good, The Bad & The Ugly" is almost here. Co-writers Gerry Duggan and Brian Posehn have been doing a staggeringly good job creating a story for Wade that's soaking in darkness and emotion. It's a huge shock since everything else has been full of laughs and while there's still some laughs to be found, this has a gripping experience. How will it all end? Will Deadpool get the revenge he deserves? What'll happen with Wolverine and Captain America in the picture? This story has been nothing short of great and I can't wait to get my hands on the conclusion.

If you seriously need another reason: Declan Shalvey's been killing it on the gritty visuals. His style with this specific narrative has made for a beyond immersive read. I've said it before and I still stand by it: this is easily one of Deadpool's best stories.

FOREVER EVIL: ARKHAM WAR #2

No Caption Provided

There's a lot going on in FOREVER EVIL, but my highlight has to be the madness that's going down over in Gotham. With Batman not in the city, the villains are making the place quite a mess. In one corner, we have Bane, his experiments and the former prisoners of Blackgate. In the other, we have a collection of familiar faces from Batman's rogues gallery, including the likes of Scarecrow, Man-Bat, Killer Croc and more.

Now that the war is underway, it's time to dive into all of the dirty details and see how it'll all play out. Scarecrow's team has some big names, but Bane's looking to even the odds by getting the deadly Talons on his side. You definitely have a good hook on me with this one, Peter J. Tomasi.

CBR has another preview page for your eyes.

INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US ANNUAL #1

No Caption Provided

The wait is finally over, friends. TOM TAYLOR'SINJUSTICE IS BACK!!! Okay, it's technically just back for only one issue right now (ongoing retuns in January), but still, it's an annual-sized return of the alternate universe and that's worth celebrating.

By now, you probably know why this series has been a hit and now Taylor's throwing the first DLC character, Lobo, into all of the chaos. To make matters even more exciting, the Main Man's heading after Harley Quinn. If you read the series, then you definitely know the writer does a superb job handling the villain and she was disputably one of the most entertaining aspects of the series. So, it should go without saying that this one's sure to be a blast.

Honorable Mentions: UNITY #1, HARBINGER #18, SAVAGE WOLVERINE #11

Corey 'Undeadpool' Schroeder's picks

MARS ATTACKS JUDGE DREDD #3

No Caption Provided

Al Ewing and John McCrea cross the halfway point and finally get the rest of the Judges involved. This is the issue I've been waiting for when the book goes large-scale and we get to see the Judges marshal their forces against the martians. There's also the matter of that mysterious, metal orb and apparently we'll get some answers on that. This book has not disappointed one iota so far, blending both throwback sci-fi satires seamlessly and turning it into a bizarre battle of 50s VS 80s, and in that battle the winner is most assuredly the reader.

Bloody Disgusting landed the exclusive preview for this one.

GREEN LANTEN CORPS #25

No Caption Provided

I feel that DC has been real hit-or-miss with their integration of Batman: Zero Year into titles that aren't directly connected to the Caped Crusader, but at the very least the quality of the books hasn't wavered, and that's why I'm looking forward to FINALLY getting an issue that explores the backstory of John Stewart. And it's even being produced by series regulars Van Jensen, Robert Venditti and Bernard Chang, which should ensure another quality product. Having him as part of a military/disaster relief response actually seems like an organic way to get Stewart into Gotham, and we'll see what these guys have in store for him from there.

Newsarama has an exclusive preview.

STAR WARS #11

No Caption Provided

Not to be confused with THE Star Wars, Brian Wood's tale between episodes IV and V remains on course as one of the absolute greatest character studies of a pre-existing property on the shelf today. Not just content to plug plot holes, as so many of these "expanded universe" titles are, Wood is giving the characters emotional depth and maturity beyond what even the movies could accomplish (be it Luke mourning his aunt and uncle, who're never even mentioned again in A New Hope, let alone later, or Leia grieving her ENTIRE PLANET...also never brought up again). This issue ALSO marks the return of series original artist Carlos D'Anda, and as much as I've come around on the new artist, the original is still, in my mind, the one who set the tone so amazingly and I can't wait to see what else he brings to the table.

Honorable Mention: SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #21

Follow us on Twitter: Tony, Mat, Gregg, Jen, Corey.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Injustice Annual sounds cool.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#2  Edited By batmannflash

Injustice, Batman, All New X-Men, Superman/Wonder Woman, Arkham War, Thor God of Thunder, Batgirl, Green Lantern Corps, Nighwing, Suicide Squad

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

It's a good week for Valiant. Get the start of Unity and the new issues of Harbinger and Archer & Armstrong.

Surprised that Marvel is letting this much time go between chapters of Infinity. It had built up so much momentum by having a new issue almost every week.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

It's a good week for Valiant. Get the start of Unity and the new issues of Harbinger and Archer & Armstrong.

Surprised that Marvel is letting this much time go between chapters of Infinity. It had built up so much momentum by having a new issue almost every week.

Same. I'm not that excited now because of the gap. When Infinity's all over with, I'll probably just read all of the issues again, all at once

Injustice Annual sounds cool.

It does! Have you read the Injustice digital series? I think it's really really good. I definitely recommend it

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Batman, Nightwing, Batgirl, injustice Annual, JLA, FE Arkham War, SM/WW, Superboy (probably), Superior Spider-man, Thor GOT

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmannflash: I read 1-8 and then 31-36 (or 38? Whichever was the end) digital numbering wise. Zit was pretty good. Not sure if I'll get the annual or not.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By longbowhunter

Super light week for me. Think all I'm getting is Batman, Superior Foes and Manifest Destiny from Image.

ScarletBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Batman & All-New X-Men.

BattheMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BattheMan008
Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unity #1 and X-Men Gold.

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a bad week for me:

• All New X-Men #18
  • Avengers Arena #17
  • Constantine #8
  • FBP: Federal Bureau of Physics #5
  • Forever Evil: Arkham War #2
Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

I can only hope all of the original X-Men got sent back in time where they belong.

BattheMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BattheMan008

Superior Spider-Man #21

Superior Foes #5

Lazarus #5

Manifest Destiny#1

All New X-Men #18

Unity #1

JLA #9

Forever Evil: Arkham War #2

Superman/ Wonder Woman #2

Nightwing #25

Star Trek: Khan #2

Star Wars #11

Yeah...I'm not going to be able to afford all of these.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Arkham War, ASTRO CITY, Coffin Hill

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just Batman for me this week. :(

But I have no doubt it will be a great read. :)

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AllStarSuperman

In order of most excited for:

UNITY #1 (Can wait, more Eternal Warrior and my first Ninjak comic!)

NIGHTWING #25 (Looks awesome, I love storys of young Dick Grayson)

DEADPOOL #19 (Good to see it all come together, I hope it ends well.)

BATMAN #25 (Start of a new arc, dont really know what to expect)

SMALLVILLE SEASON 11 #19 (This Wonder Woman story hasnt been doing it for me at all, nice to see it end)

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait to read the next chapter of Zero Year

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome week! Deadpool, Unity, Batman, and Thor:GoT

Anybody know why Batman is $4.99? Oversized?

BatoftheKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, wish I lived by a comic book store. Then I could always buy the new comics.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Can't wait for the next chapter of Zero Year. I've been loving every things Snyder is doing with Batman!!! ^__^

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

BATMAN #25 ( I didn't really enjoy the part part of Zero year, I hope the second part is better)

ALL NEW XMEN

UNITY!

HARBINGER!

Walking Dead

JLA

Superior Spiderman

Batgirl

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

I find it interesting that some weeks, like this one, that are busiest for me, are nearly empty for others.

@grey56 said:

I can only hope all of the original X-Men got sent back in time where they belong.

You obviously haven't been paying attention.

(hint: they're all here to stay)

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24  Edited By lifeboy

Oh this is just hella ridiculas now. Injustice annual #1? How the hell am I ever going to catch up!?

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert: You're correct in your rather astute observation, sir - I haven't been. Here's a follow up hint when you grab your derby to walk out of 221B; the lack of attention (read: spending capital) isn't an accident.

MatKrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

#26  Edited By MatKrenz

Astro City is out this week. WOO !

staypuffed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

Zero Year! Aw yessssss

Avatar image for davidgrantlloyd
davidgrantlloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Superman/ Wonder Woman, Justice League America, Crossed Badlands, ... possibly All new Xmen and Green Lantern Corps looks interesting too ...

Kelevra216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hah. I only got the Batman #25 cover now. Because of the black out.

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC

• Batgirl #25- A Zero Year tie in. Why because DC love to torment me that's why.
  • Forever Evil Arkham War #2 - A Forever: Evil tie in . We have more of Bane throwing down and just being a bad ass? Hell yes.
  • Justice League Of America #9 - A Forever: Evil tie in. So we have a Martian Man Hunter and Stargirl team up? Shut up and take my money. I am glad Stargirl is finally getting some screen time in The New 52 though.
  • Green Lantern Corps #25 - A Zero Year tie in. The Action Comics tie in was really good so why not?
  • Superboy #25 - A Krypton Returns tie in. I enjoyed Action Comics Annual #2 for the little bit of Krypton we got to see. But I will buy anything with Kara in it regardless . We also have a writer change coming up in Superboy so I will give this book another chance.
  • Worlds' Finest #17 - We finally are having some actual character development for Karen. This book has been on the up swing as of late and I am looking forward to the January issue.

Marvel

• All-New X-Men #18 - Debating whether or not to drop this after BotA. But I do love Kitty and it will be interesting to see how she fits in with the Uncanny X-men.
  • Thor God Of Thunder #15- More Thor goodness I am off to see the movie this week with some friends so should be good.
  • Superior Spider-man #21 - I could have sworn this came out last week but I suppose that is what happens when you realise bi weekly.

Image Comics

• Walking Dead #116 - The War continues this arc has really started to pick up some steam really excited to see how this goes.

Big week this week also picking up Batman Vol 3 and JLA Vol 1 hardcover.

Avatar image for redhoodflashlantern
RedhoodFlashLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice Week For Me:

Batgirl #25

Batman #25

Forever Evil Arkham War #2

Green Lantern Corps #25

Justice League Of America #9

Nightwing #25

Suicide Squad #25

Superboy #25

Superman/Wonder Woman #2

Coffin Hill #2

FBP #5

Walking Dead #116

Avatar image for FeedOnATreeFrog
feedonatreefrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By feedonatreefrog

Superman/Wonder Woman

Batman

Green Lantern Corps

Nightwing
Arkham War

--------

and I'm debating whether or not to drop All New X-Men. Battle of the Atom was disappointing to say the least and they don't seem to be doing anything interesting with these 60s X-Men; the reason I picked up the book in the first place.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

In skipped BOTA so if I can get caught up with what happened there then All New X-men will be pack on my pull list and also Superior SpiderMan and if I'm in a good mood GOTG.

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surprised Unity #1 didn't get more than an honorable mention...

KnightofSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a crazy big stack like last week. But still, let's see here...

Star Wars

Batman

Arkham War

Battlestar Galactica

Justice League of America

Thor God of Thunder

Savage Wolverine

Triple Helix

X-Men Gold

dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Batman, Superior Foes, Nightwing!

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#37  Edited By akbogert

@grey56 said:

@akbogert: You're correct in your rather astute observation, sir - I haven't been. Here's a follow up hint when you grab your derby to walk out of 221B; the lack of attention (read: spending capital) isn't an accident.

I honestly don't know what that was supposed to mean; that your lack of money is intentional? Or that your lack of buying implies an inability to read any news about the X-Men over the past several weeks which would have confirmed the permanent return of the O5?

Avatar image for sleepbutnodream15
Sleepbutnodream15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

All the X-Men books have been getting harder and harder to read for the last year or two for me. Nothing anybody says or does in those books makes any sense (in the sense that they're all hypocrites), and they're all starting to get kind of whiny. Kitty leaving didn't really make sense to me. It kinda just felt like they needed some type of statues quo change and just forced the issue. Immonen's art is too good though. Anyway, I hope the X-Men can get cleaned up so I can start enjoying them again.

I'm very much looking forward to Zero Year this week.

ReyLeopard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Lantern Corps

Justice League Of America

Justice League Of Americas Vibe

Suicide Squad

Superman/Wonder Woman

Cataclysm Ultimate Spider-Man

Not sure I am going to continue with “Superman/Wonder Woman” for long. I really don’t like that relationship but the first issue was good.

I would have probably dropped Vibe but since it is ending soon, I am going to stick with it.

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By NukeA6

I honestly hope this Zero Year crap just ends already. Didn't like it before and I sure as hell don't like it now. Also, I'm curious about the multiple X-Men titles coming this week because they just came out of the blue for me. Glad to see Injustice returning and I'm probably the only one looking forward to Rocket Girl #2.

Avatar image for FeedOnATreeFrog
feedonatreefrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By feedonatreefrog

Zero Year is amazing, especially the last issue.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

No MissJ reccos? They are the best

Avatar image for ink_is_my_drink
Ink_Is_My_Drink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Ink_Is_My_Drink

• Abe Sapien Dark & Terrible #7
  • All-New X-Men #18
  • Avengers Arena #17
  • FBP #5
  • Fearless Defenders #11
  • Rocket Girl #2
  • The Walking Dead #116

An okay week for me. I read that Fearless Defenders is getting cancelled after issue 12 which sux, I thought this book was just starting to reach it's potential. Looking forward to the two Image titles the most.

Avatar image for g_money_christmas
G_Money_Christmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman, astro city, manifest destiny, three, umbral, rocket girl, savage wolverine, Thor

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nukea6: Not the only one. I've got Rocket Girl on my pull list. The art in that book is maybe my favorite of any title out right now.

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert: Good grief. Here's a more blatant approach; as an Alabama fan - I don't read articles about whatever Buckeye nation is doing to justify itself to the rest of the voting press

Nor do I put down any hard earned money supporting it - or spend time at any dives talking to beatniks about how great of a concept Marvel has stumbled upon by mixing up notions of temporal realities for 1309831038th time.

So no sir, I haven't been paying attention. Glad to see you're here to fill that void. Perhaps the next time a chemical weapons freighter goes missing somewhere in the Black Sea you can keep me posted while the other news affiliates are covering something else.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

MANIFEST DESTINY 1!!!

Wilbertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's going to be a Bat-heavy week for me.

Batman 25

Nightwing 25

Batgirl 25

Suicide Squad 25

Green Lantern Corps 25

Arkham War 2

Justice League of America 9

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers