• 81 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

PREPARE YOUR WALLETS! NEW COMIC BOOK DAY IS COMING! This is looking like it'll be yet another Wednesday that'll tempt us with piles upon piles of glorious new issues for us to dive into. We here at Comic Vine have looked through this week's new releases and managed to narrow it down to a select few we're each very, very interested in. Once you're done seeing what we can't wait to get our hands on, don't forget to comment with your own list of essential comics that are coming out this week.

Tony 'G-Man' Guerrero's picks

FOREVER EVIL #1

No Caption Provided

This ought to be huge. DC is proclaiming this their first "universe-wide event." Do we really want another full-blown comic book event? Maybe not. Can we resist this one? Absolutely not. From the teasers we've seen, big things are coming and based on how things amped up during Trinity War with the Justice League and the Justice League of America, it's clear Geoff Johns is willing to turn the entire DCU on its side.

The big question is, why does the world believe the Justice League is dead? But that's not the only question. Is Lex Luthor the DCU's only hope? What the heck is Batman doing with a bunch of villains? Is that even the Batman we know?

We seen many many "big events" lately but this looks like something we won't want to miss.

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #17

No Caption Provided

Remember when we were all wondering who the SUPERIOR Spider-Man would be? Dan Slott pranked us by making us believe that somehow it was Spider-Man 2099. We soon found out that this was a simple joke. We wouldn't be seeing the return Miguel O'Hara. Or at least not until this week.

Somehow Dan Slott is actually bringing Spider-Man 2099 into the current 616 Universe. That's sure how it looks. It's possible this could be another trick, especially with another recent let down we saw in a certain other Spider-related book. Either way, Slott and Ryan Stegman are sure to deliver another spectacular issue.

X-MEN BATTLE OF THE ATOM #1

No Caption Provided

Hang onto your hats, it's another COMIC BOOK EVENT! It's understandable that people are so reluctant over them since we've had so many and they don't always give us a satisfactory ending.

Brian Michael Bendis has taken a comic book cliché (time travel) and made it work wonderfully. As a long time X-Men fan, seeing the original team brought to the present has been a fascinating read. Now it's all coming to a head as the consequences are about to smack the X-Men in their faces. The X-Men from the future are about to journey to present to try to set them straight.

This is also one of those rare occasions when we can firmly recommend this issue since we've already read it. You can check out the review HERE.

It may be another crossover but if you're already reading these X-Men titles, this is going to bring things up a notch. Who doesn't want that?

THE BLACK BAT #5

No Caption Provided

How many times have you looked at a comic series with interest only to be turned off by the mounds of back issues and continuity to try sort through before jumping in? With THE BLACK BAT, this is our chance to get something new from the ground floor.

Brian Buccellato has taken a character from the 1930s and completely revamped him. The way he writes this series, it's like we're getting a more realistic take on the concept of superheroes. It's a series where the idea of a guy dressing up to 'fight crime' isn't part of this world. Buccellato's dialogue is not afraid to call Black Bat on this.

As the hunt to stop the big "bad guy" continues, last issue we saw a pretty crazy twist. We thought we knew everything that was going on but perhaps we don't. This is a series you should check out (from the beginning) to get something different (and you should get it now so we can keep getting new issues).

Honorable Mentions: THE STAR WARS #1 LUCAS DRAFT (based on his 1974 screenplay), DC VS MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #1

Gregg 'k4tz' Katzman's picks

VENOM #40

No Caption Provided

THE END IS NIGH! Sadly, lackluster sales means Venom's longest running solo series will conclude with issue #42. This is truly depressing news, but on the plus side, writer Cullen Bunn has promised an emotional and action-packed set of final issues. Additionally, he's recently stated "characters and situations will spill over into other titles." Could this mean we'll see more of Mania or -- dare I say it -- Toxin down the road? I'm quite interested in seeing more of Mania and it looks like this issue will definitely deliver on that. Plus, it'll build the momentum for the finale which is unfortunately right around the corner.

The upcoming events in SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN have me questioning whether Flash will remain as Venom when all the dust has settled, but let's go ahead and enjoy the ride while it lasts.

GREEN ARROW #23.1 COUNT VERTIGO

No Caption Provided

If you haven't been reading GREEN ARROW, then you've been missing out on some exceptionally stunning pages which are sometimes literally mind-blowing. The duo of Andrea Sorrentino and Marcelo Maiolo continue to work wonders with writer Jeff Lemire's script.

Now that the villains are taking over, Count Vertigo has an entire issue to be fleshed out and considering his unique ability grants Sorrentino the opportunity to create some staggeringly impressive work, it seems safe to bet there's going to be some jaw-dropping visuals in store for us yet again. Add Lemire's superb writing into the mix and this is sure to be another must read chapter of the series. Seriously, you should be reading this book.

Check out The Hollywood Reporter for the last page of preview goodness.

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #7.1 DEADSHOT

No Caption Provided

Someone pinch me because surely I'm dreaming. Deadshot has an issue all to himself? And it's by the writer who did a killer job on BLOODSHOT #0? Yeah, I'd say I'm pretty damn stoked for this one.

Floyd Lawton has already proven he can hold his own limited-series just fine (twice, mind you), so I'm thrilled to see him finally have a chance to get some more depth in The New 52. Hopefully, this will show new readers he's not merely a guy with good accuracy and a love for firearms. There's more than meets the eyepiece display when it comes to Deadshot. Moreover, it'll be a nice example of how writer Matt Kindt will handle the character over in SUICIDE SQUAD, and that's something I'm very excited to see.

Honorable Mentions: JUSTICE LEAGUE #23.1 DARKSEID, QUANTUM & WOODY #3

Jen 'MissJ' Aprahamian's picks

TRILLIUM #2

No Caption Provided

In TRILLIUM's debut, we were introduced to two worlds at completely disparate points in humanity's existence, and also to two protagonists, equally opposite in their life experiences. The distant past and the far future are about to converge in more ways than one -- not only will these two characters find themselves out of place and time, but we'll see how a man haunted by his past and a woman aggressively driving towards an unknown future will entangle themselves in "the last love story ever told." Jeff Lemire is bringing us juxtaposition at its finest, and catapulting us into an adventure that transcends space and time.

Visit PopMatters for more preview pages!

SATELLITE SAM #3

No Caption Provided

SATELLITE SAM is sharp, snappy, and sensational -- all of the juicy drama of television, washed with a mid-century sensibility that makes wrong seem even more wrong. Equally sexy are Howard Chaykin's ladies and the yet-unsolved mystery surrounding Carlyle White's murder -- both are more complicated than they appear. In the third installment, the spotlight is on the seemingly-virtuous Kara Kelly, who has a lot more to hide than a dirty picture in Carlyle's collection.

SHELTERED #3

No Caption Provided

Doomsday prepping meets Lord of the Flies. SHELTERED, a "pre-Apocalyptic tale," has been introducing us to a tense, unfamiliar world -- one in which the impending (but not yet certain) end of humanity as we know it causes dramatic fears and drastic actions. Paranoia is a dangerous drug, and it's even more threatening in an enclosed space with players who aren't afraid to kill. I'm expecting SHELTERED to get scarier -- and deadlier -- as each issue passes and as resources get more scarce.

CBR has the final preview pages.

Corey 'Undeadpool' Schroeder's picks

INVINCIBLE #105

No Caption Provided

Last issue gave us a look at so many converging plot-threads, while still leaving so many tantalizingly open (or, as it's come to be known, the Kirkman Special), but it's done so much more than that giving us a look at an Angstrom Levy we did not expect to see, we saw some fairly horrific imagery, and we saw the return of my favorite running joke character (Science Dog's creator), which is why I can't wait for the next issue. Kirkman and Ottley have outdone themselves at every turn over every arc, delivering a book that has only gotten better as its gone on and shows absolutely no signs of getting stale or wearing itself out.

DEADPOOL KILLS DEADPOOL #3

No Caption Provided

The book that began as a one-off, then a joke, and has now become one of the most fascinating on the shelf, asking questions about the nature of fictional reality and Deadpool's 4th wall-breaking characteristics. Essentially from the first volume, it's taken everything funny about Deadpool and treated them as deadly serious. This has become one of the more tragic mainstream books as well, freed from the moors of continuity (though 616 Deadpool IS in effect) and Cullen Bunn seems to be steering the ship toward a very satisfying destination. Salva Espin's pencils have been doing plenty of heavy lifting as well and his sharp, angular, semi-chaotic lines fit perfectly with the kinetic, vicious action. I literally have no idea what's going to happen next, particularly after last issue's jaw-dropping/laugh-inducing cliffhanger.

X-FACTOR #262

No Caption Provided

Truly, truly the end of an era. Peter David's final issue of X-Factor that will focus on Jamie Madrox (and hopefully Layla Miller) as the series comes to a close. This has been one of my favorite series over the last decade. I got into it fairly early after reading the Madrox limited series that had the AMAZING idea of him splitting his dupes up by the hundreds and sending them all off to learn so that when he reabsorbed them, he'd gain the knowledge and skill. Someone who would look at a power like that and come up with SUCH a unique way to use it was surely worth following. While the series may have started off as a sort of detective/noir tale, it did grow as time went on, occasionally getting too big for its own good, but it was always consistent, fun and very, very emotionally resonant. With Neil Edward and Jay Leisten penciling and inking and Matt Milla on colors, there's no reason to think this'll be anything but a worthy sendoff.

If you want to follow us on Twitter (and you should): Tony, Mat, Gregg, Jen, Corey.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Forever Evil is gonna be awesome!

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Forever Evil and Superior for me, Infinity #2 as well.

I'm still on the fence about the .1 issues. The Hardcover will be $110 on amazon when it's released, I may just wait for that... but i think the covers are gonna win me over when I walk into the store

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

DC vs Masters of the Universe for me :)

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Forever Evil #1

Darkseid #1 (Justice League #23.1)

Infinity #2

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By SavageDragon

Infinity, Forever Evil, Trillium, maybe a few villains month books.

Revendawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Really bummed to hear the cancellation of Venom, there were a lot of really interesting and neat ideas there. Also one of the few comics I've read that legitimately creeped me out (Human Jack-o-lanterns and the symbiote spending its nights just watching Flash's mom through her window). I would have really liked to see where it all will go, but who knows what will come next.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Forever Evil

Superior Spider Man

Infinity 2

capuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By capuga

Love seeing Invincible get some love. Invincible Universe #6 also out this week for Invincible fans.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeboy said:

DC vs Masters of the Universe for me :)

Me too, and probably Forever Evil 1

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Wolverine008

Infinity #2 should be awesome.

Cavemold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

Shocked to see no Infinity up here.

Infinity#2

Spider man 2099!!!!!!

Maybe ill get deadpool kills deadpool lawl

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller
Avatar image for braynehurricane
braynehurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash #23.1: Grodd

Forever Evil #1

Green Arrow #23.1: Count Vertigo

Cjjb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not gonna bother buying Forever Evil, I'll just wait for Geoff Johns to tell us what happens.

CitizenJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OMG that cover of Superior Spider-Man looks sick!

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm surprised Jen didn't have God is Dead on her list. I'm definitely getting that.

Forever Evil

God is Dead

GL: Relic

Infinity 2

JL:Darkseid

Superior Spider-Man

Trillium

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forever Evil

Darkseid

Count Vertigo

Relic

Deadshot

Desaad

Creeper

Superior Spider man

Battle of the atom

Infinty

RIP Wallet

Super_Phil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Super_Phil

Awesome, villains month and I am pleased to see invincible there

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be getting Forever Evil and quite a few of the Villains month issues. I cant say for certain which ones until Im actually in the shop but Im for sure getting Darkseid and Count Vertigo

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the_stegman  Moderator

Forever Evil, and almost all Villain titles

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thefirstlantern: your my friend :) I'm getting the creeper also then also jokers daughter :) go ann nocenti!

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Foreeever Evil! I want to be, foreeever evil. Just that, Superior Spidey, Deadpool Kills Deadpool, and Infinity. It's going to be one hell of a sinister month for comics.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheFirstLantern

@lifeboy: I was actually wondering about Joker's daughter and I am going to check it out! Haha!

Ando123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forever evil looks crazy amazing.

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

From DC: Forever Evil, Cyborg Superman, The Joker, Two-Face, Count Vertigo, Relic, Darkseid, Bizzaro, and DC Universe vs Masters of the Universe.

Maybe from DC: Grodd, Deadshot, Creeper, Desaad, Poison Ivy, and the Ventriloquist.

From Marvel: Superior Spider-Man, Battle of the Atom, Venom, All-New X-Men, Avengers A.I., Infinity, Iron Man.

Maybe from Marvel Daredevil Dark Nights and Deadpool kills Deadpool.

I need to read more He-Man comics. After seeing him on Death Battle a while ago, it made me think back to when He-Man was on tv. I didn't watch the 80's cartoon series, I watched the cartoon series that aired in 2002 for a while. Interesting show, don't think I ever saw the end of the show.

jstndmnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

Grodd (the Flash) and Desaad (earth 2)

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quantum and Woody 3, Infinity 2, All-New X-Men 16, X-Men Battle of the Atom 1, Batman 23.1, probably Detective Comics 23.1 & Justice League 23.1.

Not getting Forever Evil. I've officially dropped Justice League and am doing the same with all Avengers and X-Men titles after their current events end. Team titles are becoming nothing more than a bunch of filler issues between events. If they end up really good and meaningful, I'll buy the trade. There are several good single character series right now I'd rather read and support.

Avatar image for sleepbutnodream15
Sleepbutnodream15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Forever Evil looks dope. The tie-ins may end up hurting public opinion of the event though. Hopefully DC handles their big events better than Marvel.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By longbowhunter

Totally skipping Forever Evil. Finch's work at DC has not been up to snuff. If its super awesome I'll pick it up in trade. This is going to be a great week though. From this list I'm getting:

Green Arrow #23.1 Count Vertigo

JLA #7.1 Deadshot

Sheltered #3

Trillium #2

As well as a few other things. Probably read Battle of the Atom digitally.

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good list, nice to see the Capes and masks from the big two are not the only ones getting the spotlight. But darn it all if Forever Evil, Superior, and Infinity have not all got my attention right now!

mattwing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aww man I just happened to read this and learned Venom is being cancelled! Oh well now I can catch up and not fall behind again! I hope Scarlet Spider doesn't get cancelled anytime soon!

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sleepbutnodream15 said:

Forever Evil looks dope. The tie-ins may end up hurting public opinion of the event though. Hopefully DC handles their big events better than Marvel.

Idk dude, the main tie-ins like Arkham War, Rogue's Rebellion look wicked, and the writers know the villains well (I hope) since they write the books about their respective heroes.

The seperate tie-ins in each ongoing series though... I'm sceptical too, but I think the main title is what it's all about.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Arrow #23.1 and The Star Wars #1 (which I'm surprised nobody picked).

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forever Evil looks good

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Venom, Superior Spider-Man, and looking forward to villains month.

tomtomiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By tomtomiii

I can't wait for Wednesday! I am so excited about Forever Evil! Yes, the .1 3D covers are a gimmick ... but as much as I'd like to say I won't bite on the multiple covers ... I know I will. I'm sooooo excited about the Darkseid issue!

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman #23.1: Joker, and Green Arrow #23.1: Count Vertigo. This Wednesday can't come soon enough.

DylanOfEarth2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forever evil 1

battle for the atom

justice league 23.1

infinity 2

and Batman 23.1 if it comes out this week

WWAJfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

Venom

jstndmnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

No Caption Provided

@captainhoopla: You should try Earth-2. It has has a strong story line and best of all it is separate from the rest of DC's universe.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man this month is ridiculous x_x

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Geoff Johns is going to be signing at my LCS this coming Wednesday so Forever Evil #1 for sure. Bring on Villain's Month!

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

another great week approaches

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Dabee

This is gonna be a big week for me.

CuddlyPlane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome week!

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infinity

Shadowman

Bought all the Invincible collections that comixology had on sale this weekend. Currently at about 65 so I have about 30 more issues to keep me occupied this week.

Cavemold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

I can't beleive people like forever evil interiors. Sigh.nightwing gloves are not colored. His hair cut is butch league. The faces are distorted.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

All new x-men and infinity #2. There's only been one issue out of all the all new x-men that I felt meh about so I'm hoping the series continues to keep things interesting.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

i made it to battle of the atom!! farewell x-factor, i knew you well

dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Joker and Two-Face for me! Probably the only two villains month issues I'll get besides Riddler.