• 71 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Hey Comic Viners, hope everyone had a good weekend. Now that it's Monday, that can mean only one thing: time to look at this week's list of new comics and pick our favorites. It's an especially big week for some indie character named Batman, but there's plenty of appealing non-Dark Knight related issues coming out this week as well. As always, let us know what your essential comics are, too.

Tony 'G-Man' Guerrero's picks

BATMAN ANNUAL #2

No Caption Provided

Because we can't get enough of Scott Snyder's Batman, this annual looks like it's going to give us even more to look forward to with Zero Year. We've been seeing a younger Bruce Wayne getting closer to fully becoming Batman and an annual will allow a longer story to to be told.

Snyder has created a different feeling in these early days of Batman's career and the chance to see more is something we can't refuse. The story with the Red Hood Gang is escalating but this will give us the opportunity to see a different moment from this period.

The annual also features the debut of Marguerite Bennett. This is likely to be a new writer we'll all want to keep an eye on.

Visit IGN for the rest of the preview.

BATMAN, INCORPORATED #13

No Caption Provided

This is it. The end of Batman Incorporated. With this being Grant Morrison's final issue, there's no telling what he has planned for the Dark Knight. We can assume that Morrison has some big and possibly crazy ending that's been in motion for some time. It's unfortunate that this marks his final Batman issue for the time being but he's likely to end it all with a big bang.

Morrison has added a lot to Batman's world. Batman Incorporated was a strange concept but he made it work. There's been word that his plan was to do away with it all 'in the end,' so we'll have to see what fate awaits the notion of Batman Inc along with the characters involved.

Morrison has also unleashed several plot lines in his run. We've seen the fate of Damian but there is also the strong possibility of the return of another character from Batman's past.

The other thing to keep in mind is there will be a Batman Inc one-shot next month so who knows if this will fully be The End.

Check out the New York Post for the last preview page.

THE FLASH ANNUAL #2

No Caption Provided

Barry AllenandHal Jordan. That's a winning combination right there.

To make it better, Brian Buccellato is going back in time a bit to show us the first meeting between the two heroes. In the pages of JUSTICE LEAGUE #1, when the New 52 started, we saw that these two characters had some sort of history with each other. It was a question left unanswered as there was no telling what past adventures between the two had or hadn't happened.

In the preview we see the two transported away and you have to admit the cover featuring Flash sporting the GL ring is intriguing. Throw in Sami Basri's art plus a backup by Nicole Dubuc (Young Justice animated series) and Cully Hamner, this shows annuals can be important if you're enjoying the regular series.

Mat 'Inferiorego' Elfring's picks

TRINITY OF SIN: PANDORA #2

No Caption Provided

We're halfway through Trinity War, which is happening in all of the Justice League books, and it's been quite an awesome event, so far. Better yet, the couple of tie ins we've seen so far are awesome. It's very rare that the tie ins to the major event are just as good as the event itself.

The first issue of PANDORA was a ton of a fun and a great insight into who and what Pandora is. While most of the mystery behind the character was washed away, there's still so much more to know about her and who is behind Pandora being tricked into opening the box. The CONSTANTINE tie-in, with John stealing Shazam's powers, was pretty awesome, and from the looks of the solicit, she'll be taking on the Secret Society of Super-Villains. I have a feeling this will be a great tie in to Trinity War.

Check out MTV Geek for an exclusive preview.

WAKE #3

No Caption Provided

I feel like I shouldn't have to write anything here. I feel like mentioning Sean Murphy and Scott Snyder creating a Vertigo book should be more than enough to get you on board for this book. However, here's to the naysayers. First, Sean Murphy's art is very cool and hip. It has a great style to it. Also, he's worked on a couple of my favorite Vertigo books: JOE THE BARBARIAN and PUNK ROCK JESUS. Then, there's Scott Snyder who has written AMERICAN VAMPIRE and a little book you may not know called BATMAN.

The Wake has been a bit of a trip. I've really enjoyed it. It has this cool horror feel to it that's genuine, not forced. We don't get a lot of good horror comics now-a-days. They mostly just become gore books. I'm really enjoying the story and how it jumps out throughout time. I have high expectations for these creators and I am never let down.

Comics Alliance has two more pages.

Gregg 'k4tz' Katzman's picks

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #24

No Caption Provided

Spoiler alert: I read this issue last week and it's AWESOME. Seriously, this is without question my favorite installment of 'City Fall' yet. It's just pure fun, delivering some ridiculously pleasing moments and taking some big steps with the plot as well.

As usual, Mateus Santolouco's art is stellar and super engrossing. The issue looks great and the written content is every bit as good. If you've been reading along, this should be an obvious pick up for you come Wednesday. And if you haven't been and you're a Turtles fan, then why the heck not? Do yourself a favor and read #22 and #23 today or tomorrow. You can thank me after you've read #24 this Wednesday. If you're even remotely a Turtles fan, you're going to dig it.

Go to Comicosity for the rest of the preview. Warning: this preview does reveal a big development with Casey Jones, so read it at your own risk!

VENOM #38

No Caption Provided

Lord Ogre still wants Venom dead and this means even more of Flash Thompson trying to hold his own against a sea of scumbags and villains. That alone has me stoked and putting Venom's identity at risk is just icing on the slimy symbiote cake. Month after month, VENOM delivers a great blend of action and superb visuals while attempting to put Venom's life in a whole new direction. It's fantastic stuff and if you're a fan of the symbiote, you should totally be reading this.

This issue once again has Kim Jacinto on art and Kim's style is absurdly fitting when it comes to the action -- and based on the preview, there's going to be a whole lot of that. Out of the symbiote, the illustrations may be a bit too rough for some, but I really love it and think it's a solid fit.

INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US #29

No Caption Provided

Batman, did you really think you could spy on Superman and get away with it?

The last chapter of the weekly digital series hit us with a massive development: Superman revealed Batman's secret identity to the world... and he did it through social media (it makes sense in context, I swear)! The hilarious twist has me itching to see what'll happen next. We've seen the two confront one another before, but this should bring the tension to a completely new level.

What does this mean for Batman's allies? Could we see an infamous moment with Green Arrow? What will Superman do to follow-up this drastic move? How will Batman utilize his most powerful ally, Martian Manhunter? I have so many questions and, considering the book's history, I'm confident it'll deliver this Tuesday. Consider me excited.

Honorable Mention: INDESTRUCTIBLE HULK #11

Jen 'MissJ' Aprahamian's picks

UNCANNY X-FORCE #9

No Caption Provided

Who needs a love triangle when you can have a Love Pentagram? Betsy Braddock sure doesn't. Sam Humphries has been taking us on a wild trip with his run on UNCANNY X-FORCE, and I'm sure we'll see yet another turn of the screw in the Psylocke-Fantomex-Cluster-etc ordeal. The sneak peek of Betsy's conversation with Fantomex looks like a calculated warm-up for what promises to be a heated issue.

COLLIDER #1

No Caption Provided

Science is cool. Trippy alt-agency books are cool. I'm pretty sure the other side of that equation reads "COLLIDER is cool," because it looks like there's a wild, mysterious, physics-y tale just behind that bold, pink cover. Vertigo has been putting out some pretty rad stuff lately, and I can't wait to meet Special Agent Adam Hardy and the rest of the COLLIDER crew.

MORNING GLORIES #29

No Caption Provided

Last issue ended with shattered glass and what looked like a pretty serious sacrifice. Things keep getting curiouser and curiouser in MORNING GLORIES, and each issue is just one step closer to unlocking the grand puzzle that Spencer and Eisma have crafted. With Casey and Hunter closing in on the giant cylinder, and Irina rallying the troops, we can forget about a slow simmer -- Season Two is already at a rolling boil.

Corey 'Undeadpool' Schroeder's picks

X-MEN #3

No Caption Provided

Even without knowing exactly who John Sublime is, I've been captivated by this book since issue 1. It's got a great team roster (and despite the solicitations and even fan reaction making much of the team being all women, the actual book never once mentions nor spotlights this fact) and Brian Wood's writing establishes a tone that mixes the fantastical with the grounded and tells a very compelling story in a very short amount of time. Add to that the art of Olivier Coipel (I don't think anyone else in the industry gets to draw babies anymore. Coipel has to come in and draw them in any panel they appear, this is my proclamation!) who matches Wood's tone and tenor with cartoonish, but never goofy, action and design and this book is one of my most anticipated. It's even a little nice having the villains established early, but still someone I haven't heard of because it keeps things fresh and exciting as I have no idea what they're capable of or what motivates them.

Newsarama has an exclusive preview.

DAREDEVIL #29

No Caption Provided

Last issue ended with a jaw-dropping cliffhanger alongside one of the most stark and surprising characterizations ever in a comic book. I don't believe I've ever seen a writer show the bully's perspective as earnestly and frankly as Waid has without also throwing in something like horrific abuse at the hands of a parent or family member. The fact is: lil' Matty was insufferably elitist as a child and that drew the ire of certain kids who perceived it as him holding himself above them, particularly as he never "stooped" to play with them. It was a big risk in a medium that is, unfortunately, mostly enjoyed by those on the receiving end of bullying, but by doing more than simply making him fully repentant, but also not fully justifying it, Waid has created a character I truly hope we get to see more of. Javier Rodriguez retains his place in the book's frequently shifting (but never tone nor quality interrupting) artists, I hope to see it resume mere seconds after last issue left us hanging.

And if you want to follow us on Twitter: Tony, Mat, Gregg, Jen, Corey.

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

my top three are flash, tmnt, and daredevil

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Eternal19

definitely picking up Batman inc

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Daredevil #29, TMNT #24, X-Men #3, Batman Annual #2, and Indestructible Hulk #11 for me.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

Yay! Batman Inc 13, Batman Annual 2, Flash Annual 2, Daredevil 29, and The Wake 3! :)

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Hopefully Collider will be great and dense, and that enough people will try it.

BB

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By the_tree

Batman, Incorporated.

I'll miss Morrison on Batman tremendously.

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EnigmaLantern

Quiet week for me, only looking forward to Red Lanterns #22, Batman Zero Year: Director's Cut #1 (if you can count that as a comic) and Flash Annual 2.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol i keep forgetting that Scott Snyder was a teacher lol proly knows a lot potential writer

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Small week but these are good too. I'll be able to reread all of avengers and new avengers in preparation for infinity

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@wolverine08: maybe I will. I've been cutting down on titles because I'm really busy these days...college stuff

Ashr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ashr
  • Wake #3
  • Batman Annual #2
  • Trinity of Sin: Pandora #2
  • Detective Comics Annual #2

Looking forward to the continuation of the Wake storyline and interested to see where the Trinity of Sin: Pandora series is going. I've never read Batman Inc but may give this issue a try as my fifth title.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

TMNT and X-Men.

Is Regular Show #3 coming out this week? The schedule for that book is a mess.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By IrishX

If you are not reading Daredevil you are doing it wrong. Ha. Love the Uncanny X-Force cover.

Series not mentioned that have comics coming out...

Uber (issue #4) & Captain Midnight (issue #1)

Falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm way pumped for Collider.

Fenderxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#16  Edited By Fenderxx

Really good books this week !

Batman

Daredevil

X-men

Venom !!

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Small week for me, TMNT, Daredevil, and Hulk

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman Annual #2

The Wake #3

Daredevil #29

Guardians of the Galaxy #5

Indestructible Hulk #11

Uncanny X-Men #9

X-Men #3

desperately try to find a copy of Lazarus #2 that I missed last week

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20  Edited By lifeboy

Im sorry, but Ninja Turtles are dumb. What do they need bandanas over their eyes for? Its not like nobdy won't be able to identify them...

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Where can I find the full list of comics coming out this week? Thanks in advance for your help...

hausmanjm92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait so no Capullo on the Batman Annual??

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

The Wake.

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From this list: Batman, Flash, and X-Men for me. I'd pick up TMNT, but issue #23 sold out everywhere near me, and I took it was a sign to limit my pull list a bit.

jstndmnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

No Caption Provided

Superboy

and maybe Flash and Green Lantern Annual

monsterduc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By monsterduc

BATMAN ANNUAL #2

CHIN MUSIC #2

COLLIDER #1

DAREDEVIL #29

FF #10

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #5

INDESTRUCTIBLE HULK #11

THE WAKE #3

UNCANNY X-MEN #9

X-MEN #3

ANIMAL MAN OMNIBUS HC (maybe)

monsterduc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By monsterduc

@captainhoopla said:

Batman Annual #2

The Wake #3

Daredevil #29

Indestructible Hulk #11

Uncanny X-Men #9

X-Men #3

desperately try to find a copy of Lazarus #2 that I missed last week

You sir, have a GREAT list :). Mine is very similar.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

From this list Batman Annual #2, Daredevil #29, and my brother's getting TMNT.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

For me this week, Adventures of Superman #3, Red Lanterns #22, Superboy #22, Superman Annual #2, Trinity of Sin: Pandora #2, G. I. Joe: A Real American Hero #192, Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time #7 (of 12), and Indestructible Hulk #11.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

1. X-Men Vol.3 #3
  2. Animal Man Annual #2
  3. Batman Incorporated #13
  4. Batman Annual #2
  5. X-Men Legacy #14

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Venom

X-Men #3

Indestructible Hulk

TMNT

Batman Annual

Injustice

Damn expensive week.

Skyhawk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman Inc. #13

Batman Annual #2

X-Men #3

BIGALWILLIAMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to like Uncanny X-Force but I can't get any interest going here. The current arc is just dragging and I wish it would've wrapped up last issue. On the verge of dropping this book.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Not much for me this week. I think Hulk is my only pickup. Always have one of these weeks in a 5 week month.

Avatar image for redhoodflashlantern
RedhoodFlashLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NIce week for me

Batman Annual #2

Batman INC #13

Detective comics Annual #2

The Flash Annual #2

Superman Annual #2

The Wake #3

Trinity of sin Pandora #2

TMNT #24- So Pumped for This!!

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree said:

Batman, Incorporated.

Me three!

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeboy said:

Im sorry, but Ninja Turtles are dumb. What do they need bandanas over their eyes for? Its not like nobdy won't be able to identify them...

Have you even read the book? 4 colours for 4 different turtles, that couldn't be to differentiate between them could it? It also adds to the "ninja" factor.

Before you say something is dumb, check your spelling and grammar, as to not come off as dumb yourself.

As to your second comment, I use comiclist.com

Nahuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad to see that Batman Inc. is not oversized and overcharged.

I'm so gonna get those annuals!!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 the_stegman  Moderator

Goodbye Batman Inc, you will be missed, but not by my wallet.

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman annual

Detective comics annual

Flash annual

Tmnt

Guardians of the Galaxy

And possibly Collider if my shop has it.

Cavemold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

#42  Edited By Cavemold

Detective Annual #2

Thats all. East of west WAS listed for the 31st puff

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Is Justice league coming out Wednesday?

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Big week this week. Looking forward to seeing Travel Foreman return to Animal Man in the annual. Probably checkout the first issue of Collider too. Sounds a bit like Fringe, and I love Fringe.

TheUnN4med

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bedlam
The Wake

Darn it! I forget to put Batman Annual 2 in my pull list. I guess i don't get a copy now :(

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#46  Edited By saoakden

What I'm interested in from here: Batman Annual, The Flash Annual, Batman Incorporated, Trinity of Sin: Pandora, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Venom, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Uncanny X-Force, X-Men, Daredevil, Indestructible Hulk.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#47  Edited By DonFelipe

@longbowhunter said:

Probably checkout the first issue of Collider too. Sounds a bit like Fringe, and I love Fringe.

That's exactly what I was thinking, too, and I will def give Collider a shot.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Last issue of TMNT was a big disappointment for me what with the way they turned Leo to the dark side and the clashing multiple artists creating a jarring read. Hopefully Gregg, you're right in being so ecstatic about this week's issue of TMNT as the first issue of City Fall was awesome and I want that kind of quality back in the series now.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By RustyRoy

@the_tree said:

Batman, Incorporated.

This and Flash Annual.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

Indestructible Hulk & TMNT