This is why The winter soldier as a movie made no sense.

• 49 results
DragonbellZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DragonbellZ
No Caption Provided

These Hydra agents could have easily shot them in the back right here...

No Caption Provided

Hydra could have Killed Cap here.

No Caption Provided

So you all get in the elevator with Cap......BUT YOU ONLY BRING OVERSIZED DUDES AND ELECTRIC STICKS LOL. Like Really. Just send them in with guns or hell youre hydra after all. Just send a dude in with a bomb.

No Caption Provided

Rumlow and hydra agents literally has their guns pointed at Cap and do nothing.

No Caption Provided

They literally had Cap,Hawkeye,And widow in a van and didnt just shoot them all inside or blow it up.

Sorry but this movie has some of the dumbest writing. If they wanted to kill him so badly then why didnt they just Kill Him

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Plot Induced Stupidity

DragonbellZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Op updated

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can do the same thing with pretty much every movie ever made where groups of bad guys are failing to kill the main hero. So basically every movie with bad guys and a hero.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Is like half the time they don't know they want him prisoner or have him dead. Also bc MURICA POWER.

wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're right. The movie sucks and it's retarded.

The_Batmobile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That title is pretty bold

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The movie itself was great, but yeah, Cap had some ridiculous plot armor. They could've neutralized him a thousand times over the course of the movie. PIS will always have a presence in movies, and although it may seem excessive, the movie succeeded in just about every other element. I'd still rank it as the best MCU movie, slightly edging out Civil War and Iron Man.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don't think it's fair to single out Winter Soldier for this, given that so many other movies have similar problems.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This could be applied to almost any action movie ever made. 0/10.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

These Hydra agents could have easily shot them in the back right here...

No Caption Provided

Hydra could have Killed Cap here.

No Caption Provided

So you all get in the elevator with Cap......BUT YOU ONLY BRING OVERSIZED DUDES AND ELECTRIC STICKS LOL. Like Really. Just send them in with guns or hell youre hydra after all. Just send a dude in with a bomb.

No Caption Provided

Rumlow and hydra agents literally has their guns pointed at Cap and do nothing.

No Caption Provided

They literally had Cap,Hawkeye,And widow in a van and didnt just shoot them all inside or blow it up.

Sorry but this movie has some of the dumbest writing. If they wanted to kill him so badly then why didnt they just Kill Him

1. The first scene they weren't after him. Hydra wasn't even aware that Nick Fury was on to them. They had no reason to kill him in the opening scene.

2. Mainly the strike team was Hydra. So why would they just open and kill Cap for literally no reason in the middle of SHIELD HQ right after the day Nick Fury was killed. That would've raised too many eyebrows and added to many suspicions on to Hydra before project insight was ready.

3. They brought electric sticks because they wanted to bring in Cap alive. You would need big dudes to try to pin downer overpower someone like Cap if you wanted him alive.

4. Rumlow literally said in that scene why they didn't shoot LMAO. He says to the other guy "not right here, too many witnesses" or something along those lines. Again, opening fire and killing Captain America in the public for no reason would cause a lot of unwanted attention onto them BEFORE project insight was compete.

5. Hawkeye wasn't even in this movie And why would they just blow up the van with their own men in there? They were transporting them to different location.

They weren't even trying to kill him in the first part of the movie. I'm not even sure if we watched the same film.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can do the same thing with pretty much every movie ever made where groups of bad guys are failing to kill the main hero. So basically every movie with bad guys and a hero.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By jumpstart55

@black_panther18 said:

Plot Induced Stupidity

@firestormfate1919 said:

The movie itself was great, but yeah, Cap had some ridiculous plot armor. They could've neutralized him a thousand times over the course of the movie. PIS will always have a presence in movies, and although it may seem excessive, the movie succeeded in just about every other element. I'd still rank it as the best MCU movie, slightly edging out Civil War and Iron Man.

@aros001 said:

I don't think it's fair to single out Winter Soldier for this, given that so many other movies have similar problems.

@lone_wolf_and_cub said:

These^..There is PIS is in quite literally almost every single action movie(or movies in general)ever made.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@black_panther18 said:

Plot Induced Stupidity

@firestormfate1919 said:

@aros001 said:

@lone_wolf_and_cub said:

These^..There is PIS is in quite literally almost every single action ever made.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So basically every Nolan Batman movie?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey: There was one scene where a man fell over for no reason! One scene!

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Well, I mean, I agree they should have tried harder and his have Cap elude them better or fight more, but Marvel would never let him DIE.

Hawkeye was in the movie?

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No CBM movie makes sense. Most MOVIES don't make sense.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0c8d423f980
deactivated-5a0c8d423f980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great now people are going after this film too...

mindleech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's it?

They did not shoot cap in the first picture because they didn't need to and they needed him to rescue that bald hydra guy anyways.

Then they tried to take cap out in the elevator "quietly" at first with the thugs. That was because hydra knew there were many cap supporters in the building.And they didn't want to raise attention at first with all the gun shooting.

Then yes, that squad could've killed him after the first plan failed. That was plot armor.

Next time they got cap surrounded on the streets, but Rumlow said himself, that they needed to kill cap somewhere else, because they didn't want to get on the news with that.

And in your last pic, they could've escaped anyways.They probably already cut the hole into the van while they were moving and to cut another one into the asphalt would've been quick. Remember how quickly Fury did it?

Weak post op.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

While I'm not a huge fan of the whole "b-but other people do it too" argument, the points you're bringing up could honestly be brought up in any action film ever.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@dragonbellz: Please do this for other movies and tag me in it.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Dude... Did you even watch the movie?

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comic_fan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow never noticed it

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#29 TDK_1997  Online

You are overthinking way too much. Such plot holes could be found in any Marvel movie, any superhero movie and any action movie you can think of. It's not uncommon for bad guys to make stupid decisions about whether or not to kill the good guy.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

#30  Edited By black_wreath

You know what bothered me? That somehow-burns-a-big-hole-through-the-ground device that Fury had. Then Bucky sees the hole a few seconds later and is like "Oh dear, looks like he escaped!" and instantly gives up.

That whistle thingy in GotG bugged me too...

mindleech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know what bothered me? That somehow-burns-a-big-hole-through-the-ground device that Fury had. Then Bucky sees the hole a few seconds later and is like "Oh dear, looks like he escaped!" and instantly gives up.

These are comic book movies. It's god damn fiction you pleb. You could say the same about star wars lightsabers." But-but its not possible in real life."

No Caption Provided

Ice-Breaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: I applaud you for the great post. honestly it sounds like the OP didn't even watch the movie. Lol "Hawkeye in the van"

Literally all of those reasons were either out of context or misinformation by some who clearly didn't see the film.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

@black_wreath said:

These are comic book movies. It's god damn fiction you pleb. You could say the same about star wars lightsabers." But-but its not possible in real life."

No Caption Provided

Lighten up Francis, I'm well capable of suspending my disbelief but the movie suddenly introduced a plot device with no prior acknowledge for the sole purpose of writing itself out of a corner then suddenly -next scene- and the device was never heard from again even in subsequent movies and on top of that, it was never even named or explained in the slightest. That's supposed to be a writing no-no, normally I wouldn't give a crap but it irritated me that people subsequently worship this film over all others when it has just as many plot-hole instances of lazy writing as other MCU films it's often held above.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator
  • There was no reason to kill Cap on the Lemurian Star. They hadn't been given the go ahead yet, why on Earth would they do that? It's like asking why they didn't kill Fury in Iron Man 2.
  • My understanding was always that killing Steve wasn't plan A, but rather to incap him and then brainwash him like Bucky, which was why they didn't have knives or guns in the elevator. Steve is not only an incredible asset independently, but he's the ultimate symbol to get the American populace on side.
  • They didn't shoot him because they were out in the open, and people (plus a news helicopter) would see them gunning down Captain America, right before they enacted PI no less.
  • They had to get him to a secure location and work out what they were gonna do next. Blowing up a car in the middle of the street attracts attention, why the hell would they blow up the car? The news spots a group of armed S.H.I.E.L.D. agents loading Captain America into a van and suddenly he disappears, you don't need to be a genius to put two and two together. They very clearly didn't want to be associated with the death of Captain America a couple of days before PI started, which was why they sent TWS, 'a ghost'.
  • Hawkeye wasn't in the van... he wasn't in the film.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Could point out similar things with almost every movie... like Iron Man:

• First suit escape... how is it Tony suffered no injuries at all falling from an incredibly high altitude in a broken iron suit that was coming apart, with no power or anything to cushion his fall that left him half buried in sand?
  • First flight... since Tony didn't think of the icing problem and his suit was nearly encased in ice before it fell to the ground... how is it Tony himself didn't freeze to death? Or are we just assume there is a microscopic layer of insulation in that thing as standard?
Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a great CBM movie, shut up. jk

This can be said with any movies, specially CBMs.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

werkudoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there is no hawkeye in TWS dude maybe you mean is falcon

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phew! And here I thought this was a comic book movie, thanks for clearing that up.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Op you missed the biggest plot hole. You know how that one agent from SHIELD is also in BvS... Smh.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey: There was one scene where a man fell over for no reason! One scene!

No. The entirety of the Dark Knight trilogy is filled with absolutely piss poor choreography. It's atrocious.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor said:

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#46  Edited By deathstroke52

@battle123axe said:
@metaljimmor said:

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I was like "That's it?". I guess they didn't want an extended scene of WS chasing Nick Fury around in the sewers. Speaking of Nick Fury, there was this scene in the first Avengers movie where he pulled out an ordinary 9MM in an attempt to shoot down a jet fighter.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know it tends to make sense when you actually watch the movie first.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: Which works in theory... Assuming you hit the jet engine intake just the right way... in practice a fighter jet is armored enough that a handgun won't do squat and even with a heavy machine gun you'll need to know where to hit to get one right out of commission so it won't get YOU.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_wreath: y'know, funny thing is, that device actually was explained in agents of shield (one of the main characters of the series created it, and it was reserved only for top ranking shield agents, so it wasn't mass produced) along with it being used again in the series (and used again in Winter Soldier by Maria Hill IIRC)