Think Naruto would be better if he was an antihero?

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

If he wasn't Hokage, he was still as strong as he is, with a girlfriend instead of a wife, and he was more antihero than hero. He saved lives and did heroic things still, but he did it in a "omg.... I just bought this ramen... I don't feel like dealing with this shit" Type of way.

He has the same goofy personality, just more to himself.

I think his current "I want to be acknowledged by everyone and be one of the greats" is dope and all. But I wish his troublesome childhood took some kind of toll on him to make his childhood actually feel like it was terrible, not to say it isn't terrible. Maybe if he had trust issues, was more selfish or some shit so us readers can actually see what his childhood did to him and not like "I had a crappy childhood but it pretty much did nothing to my personality".

Naruto is my favorite character in Naruto. I'm just bored with the moral high ground shit and the same "believe it" thing he likes to do. Like bruh switch up just a little bit at least. He still the #1 homie, just wish he did have your typical superhero morals.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

I agree.

I had the same problem with Harry Potter. His crappy childhool should have taken more of a toll on him.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So basically less like Superman or Captain America and more like he was as a kid? Yeah I kind of feel that but at the same time when it comes to being a pure anti-hero Sasuke would fit the bill more. It just seems more compatible with his personality you know?

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's ok that he overcame his issues. It's character development that took more than half of the series. At the beginning he was kind of an outcast, most people acted like he didn't exist, save for Shikamaru, Choji and Kiba (and that always smelled to retcon, though it does make sense). The third would visit once a month to leave him some money, and that's it.

Enter Iruka, Naruto realises that there's people that actually care for him, enough to lay down their lives to save his.

Enter Team 7, he learns what teamwork is, and that he can count on tohers to overcome difficulties.

Enter Gaara, he sees what could have become of him had he went down a road of hatred.

After convincing Tsunade to become Hokage, most people were already treating him like every other kid, and even one with a great future. The only thing left for him was to prove his worth.

That's what Pain's arc was about, Naruto was acknowledged by his whole village, up to that point, much of what he did was to prove himself to others, but after saving Konoha he realised he didn't have to prove anything else. From that point onwards he fought to protect Konoha, and the world.

He's not the resentful kid he was at the beginning of the series, and it's good that he is not, he grew, and changed.