pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I REPEAT THING DEFEATED IMMORTAL HULK FAIR AND SQUARE

FLAT OUT KO'D

NEVER FORGET AUGUST 14 2019 WHEN THING KO'S THE STRONGEST INCARNATION OF HULK SINCE GREEN SCAR

No Caption Provided

adamantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By adamantine

That's disappointing at least Hulk woke up walked it off moments later while Ben is kinda messed up.

Vengance101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing wank is going to go out of control now

Vengance101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And he did it in one blow too lmao

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One Punch Thing

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 morpheus_  Moderator

Ewing treated the Avengers somewhat disrespectfully, Slott treated the Hulk in a similar way. It's the way it goes.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some things worth noting:

• Thing fought Immortal Hulk for ~an hour and a half. 90 minutes of getting smashed by the same character who cracked Thor's skull with one hit. He is insanely durable, not to mention his pain tolerance and willpower must be through the roof to keep fighting when the rock was literally getting smashed off of his face.
  • Thing only hit IH a couple of times and did superficial damage to him originally, with the worst being a bloody lip. Given IH has an incredible healing factor, this means he was for all intents and purposes completely unharmed up until Thing's final hit. Yes, that means Thing LITERALLY KNOCKED OUT IMMORTAL HULK WITH A SINGLE PUNCH.
  • Before people cry muh inconsistency, it's worth noting that before Thing's final punch he explicitly says "can't hold anything back" and his punch was so incredibly powerful it totally shattered the rock off of his arm. We've never seen Thing punch so hard as to damage himself like that before, which is further evidence that this really was just the first time in comics we've seen Thing totally cut loose and unleash his strongest punch ever. He also claims at the end it was the 'best Sunday punch he's ever thrown in his life' which further confirms this.

An incredibly injured Thing one shot Immortal Hulk, that's all there is to it. This isn't PIS, this isn't inconsistent. This is the power of Thing when he puts all of his heart into his strongest punch possible.

Spectral__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morpheus_: So are we now treating Thing above Hulk for vs debate purposes or is this not being considered?

Lil_Remains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice spoilers pal.

Lil_Remains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing confirmed>>>>Thor, Herc, Femthor, Sasquatch etc

Lil_Remains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lil_Remains

Wait, isn’t the Thing supposed to be completely made of rock? Why is there skin under his rock layer?

Also, can’t wait to see the salt from Hulk fans and low ballers alike

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God bless Dan Slott.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pipxeroth

@lil_remains: Nah the rock is just a layer on top of his "normal" skin. Reed describes it as a 'rocky epidermis' specifically.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebab2b43ed4e
deactivated-5ebab2b43ed4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pipxeroth: Don't forget that Hulk was said to be operating beyond his full power because Puppet Master's rage was added on top of Hulk's:

No Caption Provided

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebab2b43ed4e
deactivated-5ebab2b43ed4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's almost as if writers can do whatever they want.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkhoudini: Yep I did notice that but I wasn't sure if puppet master was being literal about that increasing Hulk's strength or not.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol

jc9865

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What have they done... WHAT HAVE THEY DONE!!!!

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Gracetrack

Good for Thing!

So I guess pigs are flying, 9 is a color, and wood is now a drink.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator
Loading Video...

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@lil_remains: Basically Thing was weakened since at the time he punched Hulk he was just changing from his Thing form to his Ben Grimm (human) form. I guess when the rock grew back over him, his arm was too damaged for it to grow back there yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So now it is irrefutable that the Thing splatters DCEU Superman :)

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman stomps Immortal Hulk.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 takenstew22  Moderator

Superman stomps Immortal Hulk.

Nope.

Thing > IH > Thor > Superman.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

I said this in another thread already so I'll just repost:

I rather enjoyed how the whole Hulk Vs Thing debacle ended. Ben gets a win while the fight clearly dictated who was considerably stronger anyway. The Thing literally passed out for a week after his hardest punch while Hulk woke up and left moments after (given that he was already gone by the time the rest of the FF arrived).

Plus the physics behind the punch was pretty fair. Hulk was charging head-on towards that punch with his entire body - add that up to Thing's Sunday that literally shattered his entire arm and you get a pretty fair outcome if you ask me.

Also, the fight and narrative made it pretty clear about who's top dog. So I mean, as far as wins go, I'm not too upset about it.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually kinda okay with this. Seems Thing has been amped. Is there a story reason as to how Thing became so much stronger?

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually kinda okay with this. Seems Thing has been amped. Is there a story reason as to how Thing became so much stronger?

He isn't amped, but Thing (along with the rest of the F4) are constantly absorbing cosmic radiation and getting slightly stronger over time.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@heatforce: Whatever Pip said and Slott seems to be writing him as crazy powerful. Just a few months back, he withstood a blast from Galactus that could split the Earth's core and mantle and he still wasnt as banged up as he was here.

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Impressive, but Thor kind of sucks right now.

Either way it's an anti feat for Hulk or a feat for Thing. IDK which to go by.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce said:

He isn't really amped. Hulk dominated the fight and whipped the floor with the Thing, and Ben knocked him out for a bit with the hardest punch "he's ever thrown," which not only shattered his arm but also put him out of commission for a week. The guy who made the thread cherry-picked his favorite moments and reworked the narrative to his favor, but I'd say Dan Slott paid a lot of respect to both Ben and Bruce respectively. I expected the thing to dominate the second half of this fight, but even with Alicia in trouble and his clock running out he didn't have options to "hold back" or any such nonsense (the "I can't hold back now" line seems more like a desperate last resort moment than anything else). Hulk charged at the thing, and Ben met it with a big ass hit that KO'd the Hulk (not for long apparently.)

I liked the issue. It was a fun fight and you have to admire what makes the thing who he is, which the issue also draws attention too. Ben's biggest quality is his heart, and I think Slott paid respect to that without wanking him.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kirkseven: I'd say its a feat for Thing. KOing Hulk is far better than whatever Hercules, Jane Thor, the real Thor and Savage She Hulk managed to accomplish. This is probably the third time where Slott has given him a ridiculously good feat.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

I said this in another thread already so I'll just repost:

I rather enjoyed how the whole Hulk Vs Thing debacle ended. Ben gets a win while the fight clearly dictated who was considerably stronger anyway. The Thing literally passed out for a week after his hardest punch while Hulk woke up and left moments after (given that he was already gone by the time the rest of the FF arrived).

Plus the physics behind the punch was pretty fair. Hulk was charging head-on towards that punch with his entire body - add that up to Thing's Sunday that literally shattered his entire arm and you get a pretty fair outcome if you ask me.

Also, the fight and narrative made it pretty clear about who's top dog. So I mean, as far as wins go, I'm not too upset about it.

yeah i mean... Ben flat out admitted Hulk was stronger, Ben's boxing skills kept him in the game and Mind Control tends to affect how one fights, Hulks power may not have been limited but his fighting skills probably were.

All in all Ben fully realizes if they fight 10 times Hulk will win 9/10, Ben just got his lucky one in this time

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull:

The guy who made the thread cherry-picked his favorite moments and reworked the narrative to his favor

How so? I did openly say that Ben only did light superficial damage like making Hulk's lip bleed while Hulk was absolute laying the damage on him in return, and that it was Thing's explicitly strongest punch ever which KO'd him. Nothing you've said disagrees with anything I have.

SabbaVSK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SabbaVSK

On a serious note, this essentially means The Thing taking planet splitter energy beam is a legit demonstration of his durability and endurance. Where does he stand on the pecking order is up for debate. I'd personally place him above the likes of Thor, Hyperion, Gladiator, Juggernaut, Savage Hulk and Silver Surfer in a consistent raw power. Hell, Ewing implied in his tweet that Worldbreaker is the only superior form to Immortal Hulk, thus Ben is easily on-par with skyfathers if not above. It's based on the fact Zeus couldn't one-shot calm Green Scar Hulk in stark contrast of Ben one-shotting Immortal Hulk.

Aversionofthee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing unironically > Hulk, Superman, Thor.

Bricks are the best, we just need to get Juggernaut to stop jobbing, give a few more feats to Herc and Superman an Thor and their clones are over on this site lol.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow lmao what a garbage street level feat

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull:

The guy who made the thread cherry-picked his favorite moments and reworked the narrative to his favor

How so? I did openly say that Ben only did light superficial damage like making Hulk's lip bleed while Hulk was absolute laying the damage on him in return, and that it was Thing's explicitly strongest punch ever which KO'd him. Nothing you've said disagrees with anything I have.

Things you've said that I disagree with

• The Thing was holding back during the fight - Alicia is in trouble, Thing has a clock count-down so he has to give it all he's got, so him holding back at that point would be completely irresponsible and inconsistent with his character. He even remarks "how are you still standing?" in surprise because he was clearly giving it his all. The punch he threw was already beyond "self-preservation," which the Thing can't throw these kinds of punches without putting himself out of the fight.
  • The Thing knocked the Hulk out with a single punch - Technically true, but the way you phrase it makes it seem like a thing straight up one-shotted the Hulk when in reality Hulk was charging at The Thing. That's his own inertion plus Thing's "hardest punch ever" which did no visible damage besides knocking the lights out. At least we can agree that the punch not only shattered Thing's arm, but it also laid him out too, while the Hulk walked off sometime before the other members of the fantastic four even got there. Stil impressive as hell, but saying it was just one punch is still selective narrative because you're leaving out the context. By that point, Ben started fighting in a way that allowed himself to get injured from his own punch, which is not how people (at least without healing factors) fight.
  • And it's a little bit of PIS, but it's not that big of a deal. Many writers do that kind of stuff so I'm not sure it's worth dismissing an epic win for the Thing. I say it's PIS only because Hulk's been literally decapitated and dismembered in his own run, yet he still remained conscious.

Otherwise, we're on the same page.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's the full fight if people wanna Judge for themselves:

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#45  Edited By Magian

How dares he do something like without at least consulting with CV first? Preposterous :p

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull:

• The Thing was holding back during the fight - Alicia is in trouble, Thing has a clock count-down so he has to give it all he's got, so him holding back at that point would be completely irresponsible and inconsistent with his character. He even remarks "how are you still standing?" in surprise because he was clearly giving it his all. The punch he threw was already beyond "self-preservation," which the Thing can't throw these kinds of punches without putting himself out of the fight.

I didn't mean that in the sense of he wasn't trying his hardest to defeat Hulk, more that he physically has to hold back from hitting that hard because can't afford to throw out punches like normally because, well, look at what happened to his arm.

• The Thing knocked the Hulk out with a single punch - Technically true, but the way you phrase it makes it seem like a thing straight up one-shotted the Hulk when in reality Hulk was charging at The Thing. That's his own inertion plus Thing's "hardest punch ever" which did no visible damage besides knocking the lights out. At least we can agree that the punch not only shattered Thing's arm, but it also laid him out too, while the Hulk walked off sometime before the other members of the fantastic four even got there. Stil impressive as hell, but saying it was just one punch is still selective narrative because you're leaving out the context. By that point, Ben started fighting in a way that allowed himself to get injured from his own punch, which is not how people (at least without healing factors) fight.

I'm not sure how much of an impact Hulk charging towards Ben when the punch landed would have actually had. I mean it matters if you're dealing with real life people sure, but when we're talking about comic book high tiers the force that would be added by one of them charging forwards into the punch at relatively slow speeds, how much does it really matter?

• And it's a little bit of PIS, but it's not that big of a deal. Many writers do that kind of stuff so I'm not sure it's worth dismissing an epic win for the Thing. I say it's PIS only because Hulk's been literally decapitated and dismembered in his own run, yet he still remained conscious.

Going to have to agree to disagree on that one lol

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben hit him repeatedly beforehand. A bloody lip is still damage. Wouldn’t call it a one shot, personally.

That said, Slott Thing > pre-Slott Thing confirmed.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr_Conspiracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pipxeroth: How can it be classed as "fair and square" when you're missing out a majority of the context?

1. The Hulk was not at full power.
  2. The Hulk was being controlled by puppet master (and to my knowledge Hulk is never as strong when he's being controlled by someone)
  3. The Hulk was toying with The Thing for the entirety of that fight.
  4. The Hulk beat The Thing to a pulp and knocked him out for an entire week.