Superman

Kurse

Hulk

Abomination

Doomsday

#2 Posted by Tyger (461 posts) - - Show Bio

No one does but, Kurse again, Doomsday, and Superman

#3 Edited by Nucleon (2870 posts) - - Show Bio

People are not supposed to deflect Mjolnir off its course. As strange as it sounds, I believe (apart for Kurse and Thor himself) that only WW can do it, for some sort of entitlement or magic. Maybe Aquaman, too. Kryptonians, according to my theory, would be killed or otherwise hurt attempting it.

Vision technically also could, but for different reasons.

#4 Posted by Tethadam (3390 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by ourmanuel (10519 posts) - - Show Bio

Kruse, doomsday and Superman.

also, it’s possible that Thor didn’t throw it seriously that fight.

#6 Posted by AaronQuinty (129 posts) - - Show Bio

@ourmanuel: If I recall correctly, he didn't throw it. He called for it to come to him and Kurse intercepted and batted it away. SO yeah it's likely that even Kurse wouldn't have been able to do it had Thor actually thrown it

#7 Edited by ourmanuel (10519 posts) - - Show Bio

@aaronquinty said:

@ourmanuel: If I recall correctly, he didn't throw it. He called for it to come to him and Kurse intercepted and batted it away. SO yeah it's likely that even Kurse wouldn't have been able to do it had Thor actually thrown it

Yeah, that’s true.

But in ragnarok thor tells Loki that nothing can get in the way of mjolnir’s return to his hand. And its been able to break though the Helicarrier’s walls and also the prison that was built in it for hulk.

#8 Posted by Green_Tea (10415 posts) - - Show Bio

Like cage will get his hand broken beyond repair if he tries that move

#9 Posted by Gaoron (8249 posts) - - Show Bio

Noone can and Kurse doing it himself was bad writing. Noone can beat Thor!

#10 Posted by Tethadam (3390 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_tea: Doesnt MCU Luke Cage have a healing factor?

#11 Posted by Darkthunder (1139 posts) - - Show Bio

Kursed,Thor and dooms

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#12 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15392 posts) - - Show Bio

It makes no sense that Kurse done it tbh. But if he can I’d imagine Doomsday, Hulk, Superman & Zod would be able to do the same thing.

#13 Posted by deltahuman (4969 posts) - - Show Bio

MCU Guidebook/Handbook states that Mjolnir weighs 42 lbs. That's why it can be hanged on coat hangers and dropped on tables without breaking them.

Swatting away a 42 lbs object travelling at subsonic speed would be a cakewalk for anybody in the list starting from Zod.

#14 Posted by Tethadam (3390 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Helloman (28548 posts) - - Show Bio

Kurse again, Doomsday, and Superman

#16 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4137 posts) - - Show Bio

@deltahuman:

It has an enchantment though. It’s not just a 42lbs hammer running around.

I’ll chalk up Kurse swatting it away to bad writing to be honest.

In Ragnarok Thor told Loki that nothing will stop Mjolnir from returning to his hand.

It is hard to say from this list though.

#17 Posted by DammeFavour (8291 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone from aquaman should be able to do it. You're not overcoming any enchantment, just deflecting a 42 lbs object moving at subsonic speed

#18 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4137 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour:

If you’re not overcoming any enchantment, can you please explain why QS and Hulk were knocked on their butts when they tried catching it? Surely the Hulk can catch a 42lb hammer?

#19 Edited by deltahuman (4969 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_shazam0920:

Thor telling something to Loki isn't and can't be termed as an universal truth. The notion that nothing will stop Mjolnir is true until there appears a person/entity/object that is more powerful than Mjolnir's enchantment/momentum in flight and there already has been two (or maybe more) instances/people that can/has bypassed Mjolnir's abilities.

Kurse swatted away Mjolnir without even trying and he clearly didn't use any sorcery or influence to bypass it's enchantment or momentum so it is very clear that Kurse level or higher people can swat Mjolnir away and this would mean anyone in this list above Wonder Woman can do it.

Hela also cancelled its momentum and caught it quite casually and there isn't any concrete evidence that she used sorcery or influence over it to do so.

The enchantment placed on Mjolnir was just that it can't be lifted by people who aren't worthy. Swatting it away in flight doesn't have to bypass that enchantment. It clearly seems like anyone powerful enough to cancel Mjolnir's momentum can swat it away. Neither QS nor Hulk has attempted to swat Mjolnir away. Hulk tried to lift it and he probably can swat it away or probably can't if he's not Kurse/Hela level in strength. QS isn't powerful/worthy enough to do either.

#20 Posted by deltahuman (4969 posts) - - Show Bio

@tethadam:

I have no idea where you sourced that information from.

#21 Posted by Tethadam (3390 posts) - - Show Bio

@deltahuman: I think thats why unworthy people can't lift it.

#22 Posted by xZone (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

We all know it’s either PIS that Kurse did it, or Kurse is just ridiculously powerful. Saying someone can deflect Mjolnir because it’s around 40 pounds is just stupid. Mjolnir has an enchantment guys

X

#23 Edited by deltahuman (4969 posts) - - Show Bio

@tethadam:

I'm more interested in where you source your information from and how genuine it is than what you think it could be. You can think anything you like.

If it's headcanon then it's not evidence.

#24 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4137 posts) - - Show Bio

@deltahuman:

I don’t think Hela can be used as an example as she was the previous wielder of Mjolnir and was stated to be worthy by Odin.

#25 Posted by DammeFavour (8291 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_shazam0920: because both were trying to lift it? Hulk got pulled down after the hammer entered his palm and he tried to hold it, qs tried to pull it while kurse just deflected it's path without attempting to hold it

#26 Edited by deltahuman (4969 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_shazam0920 said:

@deltahuman:

I don’t think Hela can be used as an example as she was the previous wielder of Mjolnir and was stated to be worthy by Odin.

You're deliberately making things up now. The worthiness enchantment was placed on Mjolnir in 2011 when Thor was exiled to Earth. Before that, Mjolnir was a regular Asgardian artifact, a 42 lbs mallet made of Uru that can fly and return to anyone who wields it, be it Hela or Thor. Nobody can prove or has any conclusive evidence that Hela exercised any influence over Mjolnir or used any form of Sorcery to stop it in-flight.

In fact nobody has portrayed any influence or command over Asgardian artifacts except Odin. He can call back, enchant, empower or depower any Asgardian artifact or being, nobody else can. Merely wielding an Asgardian weapon doesn't grant anyone any influence over it. Thor, Loki and Hela, all three have wielded Gungnir but nobody has any influence over it like Odin. Thor wielded Mjolnir all his life and the hammer obeyed his commands but Odin could override that any time he wanted. Odin could send Mjolnir to a dying Thor on Earth while being in Odinsleep on Asgard.

Hela is no goddess in any sense. Her goddess of death moniker is fake. She didn't and couldn't control any aspect of life or death. She had to use the Eternal Flame to bring back dead Asgardians. The only thing she has influence on is the swords she conjures. She might as well be called the goddess of swords.

#27 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4137 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour:

The Hulk was not just pulled down, he was launched backwards. He failed to stop the momentum at all. Same with QS.

#28 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4137 posts) - - Show Bio

@deltahuman:

I’m not sure where I was making anything up, and I’m not sure where I said anything about Hela being a goddess anywhere.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#29 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10498 posts) - - Show Bio

It makes no sense that Kurse done it tbh. But if he can I’d imagine Doomsday, Hulk, Superman & Zod would be able to do the same thing.

#30 Posted by Nucleon (2870 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_shazam0920: because both were trying to lift it? Hulk got pulled down after the hammer entered his palm and he tried to hold it, qs tried to pull it while kurse just deflected it's path without attempting to hold it

Makes sense, I gotta admit.

#31 Posted by ThunderPrince (6929 posts) - - Show Bio

Only Kurse.

#32 Posted by Amcu (16242 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think redirecting it is the same as lifting it and bypassing the enchantment.

Zod, Superman, Kurse, Hulk and Doomsday all have good shots.

#33 Posted by ANTHP2000 (25797 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is Kurse even here? That's like when someone asked if a gauntlet of characters can stop Bucky's arm like Spiderman did and it had Spiderman as number 7 or something.

#34 Posted by Scipio123 (625 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by macleen (3269 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness said:

Avatar image for deactivated-5c607e387a408
#36 Posted by deactivated-5c607e387a408 (312 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman,Kurse and Doomsday

#37 Posted by DammeFavour (8291 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (15989 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_shazam0920: Don't waste your time with DammeFavour.

Btw, Hela was never worthy of Mjolnir, the enchantment was placed on Mjolnir when Thor was sent to Earth, prior to that it was just a magical hammer that you didn't need to be worthy to lift.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#39 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (7163 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone with Kurse level strength so Superman, Thor, Zod, Doomsday

#40 Posted by deltahuman (4969 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_shazam0920:

The fact about Hela being worthy despite the worthiness enchantment being placed on Mjolnir only in 2011

#41 Edited by Mr_Shazam0920 (4137 posts) - - Show Bio

@deltahuman:

The reason I said that was from the conversation Thor and Hela had right before the throne room fight. “He told you you were worthy, he said the same thing to me”.

But honestly it makes sense, how the enchantment was only placed in 2011.

#42 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4137 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour:

Yes I know exactly what the enchantment is.

If it was just a 42lbs hammer, why was Hulk completely launched backwards? You have yet to acknowledge this. You’re saying all you have to do is deflect it. Then why did Hulk fail to stop its momentum when it was thrown at subsonic speed by Thor ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9
#43 Posted by deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9 (2599 posts) - - Show Bio

Not superman. Mjolnir is magical

Superman will die.

#44 Posted by adamTRMM (8989 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday does, no question. Not sure about others.

#45 Edited by Green_Tea (10415 posts) - - Show Bio

@soaringturkeys: we don’t even know how or even if DCEU Supes can be affected by magic to such degree

#46 Edited by DammeFavour (8291 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_shazam0920: you obviously do not. The enchantment is for whoever holds it. Watch the hulk scene again, Thor threw the hammer into hulk's hand and he closed it around the hammer, which is why the enchantment took hold. Look at the angle mjolnir changed to in both events. So yeah hulk was launched because the hammer suddenly became heavy, immediately hulk got his hand around it, it stopped being 42 lbs.

You claim you know what the enchantment is. Did kurse fulfill the requirement for the enchantment to take hold? Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor. Did kurse attempt to 'hold' the hammer?

Before you ask how I know the hammer is normally 42 lbs, it's because it can be placed on a table without damaging it and it can be put on a cloak hanger

#47 Posted by deltahuman (4969 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_shazam0920:

I think the worthy part that Hela and Thor discussed about is in a figurative sense. It might be about being worthy of becoming Asgard's king or something.

#48 Posted by DammeFavour (8291 posts) - - Show Bio

@deltahuman: I don't think the enchantment was in play when hela caught it cos Odin was dead

#49 Posted by Aka_aka_aka_ak (2911 posts) - - Show Bio

Kurse and Kryptonians

#50 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4137 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour:

I’m not saying the hammer isn’t 42lbs. It is confirmed to be 42lbs lol.