These guys attempt Thors star feat, how do they do?

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tenguswordsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Maaaybe Supes, but not likely.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs: Okay i didn't know that. That's fair.

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman tanks it with Zero issues.

His body already withstood the heat of a Nuke without a single burn unlike Thor who was cooked alive. A nuke is much hotter initially. Also nobody has calculated how hot the star beam was. Nonetheless, what messed up Superman was the radiation, not heat. High altitude explosions emit much more radiation than surface blasts. That science is documented. This also goes in line with TDKR which was the base of BvS and where the same scene of Superman getting nuked is depicted. There too, radiation is what injures Supes. There's also the case of Kryptonite poisoning in BvS. The Kryptonite injury was still there when Superman tanked the nuke. It only vanished after absorbing solar energy in space.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Darkthunder

All die except Vis and supes

Triplek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Triplek

@deltahuman:

a nuke is only hot for a millisecond. to put that in perspective you could survive 1000°celsius for a millisecond with ease but will be burnt badly of the same was for 10 seconds.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody has the feats for it.

Scaling, I could see Kurse doing it and being on his feet after.

Clark, Banner and Blonsky too, but I think they'd be down for the count.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they all get incinerated

ChosenOne1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greysentinel365: @incursion2: @the_hajduk: hulk can do it but Kursk who is stronger than him, can ace it....

Supermán dies. He got knocked out by a supernova and it was 93 million miles away from him.

So yeah

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone dies.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By deltahuman

@triplek:

Doesn't matter if a nuke is 50 million degree plus for a split second. Nothing in the universe survives the epicentre of a nuke. I repeat, nothing. There's no molecular bond that can withstand that kinda temperature for even a split second. Everything is ionized but Superman wasn't even burned by that kinda temperature, let alone get ionized. It's crystal clear that Kryptonian bodies are indestructible. Thor started getting cooked right from the beginning and the beam wasn't even a quarter as hot as a nuke can be.

Even after the split second of 50 million + degree heat, the next few seconds will register several hundred thousand degree Celsius which is still several magnitudes hotter than what cooked Thor alive. This is documented science. You're welcome to Google it.

By virtue of the nuke feat, Superman no sells the star beam

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk and Kurse. Both are stronger and more durable. Hulk can even heal

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: Not energy durability wise. Not even close

X

Triplek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltahuman: the star beam is hotter than 50 million celsius, it is after all a Dyson sphere which by definition harnesses a significant amount of energy output of a star.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hulk can do it but Kursk who is stronger than him, can ace it....

Supermán dies. He got knocked out by a supernova and it was 93 million miles away from him.

So yeah

You're confusing DCEU Superman with PC Supes, lmao. Besides, the planet he was on was incinerated on panels and a Supernovae is solar system busting force, surviving a small portion of said force is quadrillions of times more impressive than that puny beam Thor took in Infinity War, and it nearly killed him, he would've died if it hadn't been for stormbreaker.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@triplek said:

@deltahuman: the star beam is hotter than 50 million celsius, it is after all a Dyson sphere which by definition harnesses a significant amount of energy output of a star.

I don't think you know what a Dyson sphere means and how it works. Actually nobody does because Dyson spheres are hypothetical. We don't know how to build them or how they'd actually work. It's just a proposed technology.

Nonetheless, that beam wasn't hotter than 50 million degrees, not even close. A nuke is hotter than the core of a star for a split second and several hundred thousand degrees for several seconds. Nothing survives the vicinity of the epicentre of a nuke. This is documented science. In case of the Star feat, there's no way to determine how hot it was. It was a beam of light that was released from the Dyson sphere, that's all we can say. Nobody can calculate how hot it was or would be because Dyson spheres aren't real. It is a fictional/hypothetical technology and human beings do not have the capability and the know how to build and operate them.

Avatar image for jimjaspers20675
JimJaspers20675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sold on Supes tanking it, A Mid-tier nuke about took him out, and he didn't take the full force, he was sheilded by Doomsday when the nuke connected. Obviously it's logical that he'd survive it with Solar absorbtion and what-not, but does a neutron star put out the same stuff as a yellow? or is it much more powerful, Not very good with science lmao.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Black Manta

Mera

Aquaman

Wonder Woman

They get vaporised almost instantly as the beam blasts through them, like Gohan's Kamehameha did to cell.

Vision

Dies instantly, his living tissues are vaporised and all vibranium present inside of him melts and flows over thr rings.

Abomination

Most likely very dead.

Hulk

By current feats he should be dead but he should logically scale to Thor

Kurse

Same, although you can make a case for Thor being better post Ragnarok due to "journey of self discovery".

Superman

Oh well. Dead by feats, but should get more powerful by logic.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark maybe... just maybe only dies the rest get vaporized

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c
deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark didn't tank the nuke. He got flash-fried by it. Sure, he can tank the temperature, but since DCEU Kryptonians are sponges to real and fictional radiation by feats, he gets KO'ed by it without any burn marks on his skin, and then slowly turns into powder. Whether that be from ionizing or residual radiation is up for debate.

@amcu@richubs

I think the problem is that we keep using stellar temperature at the surface when we should be looking at the core. The beam most likely came from the core, and that's confirmed by Odin and Thor's statements.

At lower-end estimates of core temp, that's like 1*10^6 kelvin, which is comparable to the instantaneous thermal radiation output of a nuke, and since Clark didn't get burnt, I think such radiation will affect him differently.

And to be fair, Nidavellir isn't a dyson sphere. It is an Alderson's disk. You could make the argument for multiple dyson ring, but that is less warranted as dyson rings are usually seen in a multiplicity to form a dyson sphere. And they are revolving relative to each other, not lined up like Nidavellir.

The main difference is that there isn't really a solar panel-esque absorption mechanism. It seems to be a magical link to the core of the star itself, since there isn't anything around the disk connecting it with the star's surface.

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Alavanka

@rajjar:

Nidavellir actually is a dyson sphere. The star itself is surrounded by a metal shell, and the rings circle it. When Thor opens the iris, he is opening a hatch within the shell to let some of the star's radiation out. The VFX team actually explained it in this article. If I remember correctly, the Russos also call Nidavellir a dyson sphere in one of their interviews. Anyways, this is quote from Greg Steele, the VFX supervisor:

"We started with a more utilitarian look for the Dyson sphere with metal textures, but that evolved into the Fabergé egg-like design with swoops and scales with venting for a semi-alien look that’s Pennsylvania steel mill-meets-sci-fi. Besides looking good, we also wanted to make sure all of the pieces worked together logically."

The VFX team also clarifies that the colour of the neutron star is actually violet. The yellow we see is actually the metal of the outer shell heating up. Pretty interesting stuff to conceptualize.

"Method concept artist Ming Pan drafted broad stroke designs based on initial concepts from Marvel, which artists used to guide the more detailed build, and physical mock ups used on-set. When dormant, the center looks like an ice-encrusted egg, but when purple plasma inside is activated, energy shines through like a Chinese lantern and powers the Nidavellir forges."

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alavanka said:

@rajjar:

Nidavellir actually is a dyson sphere. The star itself is surrounded by a metal shell, and the rings circle it. When Thor opens the iris, he is opening a hatch within the shell to let some of the star's radiation out. The VFX team actually explained it in this article. If I remember correctly, the Russos also call Nidavellir a dyson sphere in one of their interviews. Anyways, this is quote from Greg Steele, the VFX supervisor:

"We started with a more utilitarian look for the Dyson sphere with metal textures, but that evolved into the Fabergé egg-like design with swoops and scales with venting for a semi-alien look that’s Pennsylvania steel mill-meets-sci-fi. Besides looking good, we also wanted to make sure all of the pieces worked together logically."

Well, I just high-key headcanoned myself. Woops.

And I just realized that an Alderson disk is much wider than multiple rings, and can't exactly revolve around a star too much, due to the disk being more massive than the star itself.

Sorry about that @amcu@richubs

The VFX team also clarifies that the colour of the neutron star is actually violet. The yellow we see is actually the metal of the outer shell heating up. Pretty interesting stuff to conceptualize.

"Method concept artist Ming Pan drafted broad stroke designs based on initial concepts from Marvel, which artists used to guide the more detailed build, and physical mock ups used on-set. When dormant, the center looks like an ice-encrusted egg, but when purple plasma inside is activated, energy shines through like a Chinese lantern and powers the Nidavellir forges."

My mind has been blown in so many ways. I'll need a bit to recontextualize my debating framework.

That violet may be inspired by the X-ray radiation being right next to ultraviolet, so if one had to envision such in terms of the naked eye...

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If people are going to highball the temperature of a 400kt warhead that lost its thermal radiation where the atmosphere was extremely thin/non-existent, then I don't see why the neutron star can't be highballed into 10^8 kelvin minimum, and a 10^12 kelvin maximum.

And the lower end would still atomize Clark because of how his body reacted to the minority of ionizing radiation from the warhead.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Superman, assuming he can absorb a stars rays light sunlight...considering a Nuke almost killed him...

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: I wouldn’t scale off Kurds because Thor upgrades in Ragnork which is Thor 3.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn’t scale Hulk to Thor either considering he gets his butt handed to him in Thor 3...

U can scale Loki to Thor 1 and Avengers Thor. You can scale Hulk and Kurse to Pre Ragnork Thor.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#76  Edited By krisbishop  Moderator

None.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They all die horribly, plain and simple.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: I wouldn’t scale off Kurds because Thor upgrades in Ragnork which is Thor 3.

Personally I've never taken Thor to have been upgraded as far as durability. That's why I've included Kurse. If you feel differently and think Thor got totally upgraded, I can see where you're coming from.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

"Heart of a dying star" - people try to lowball it to 10^6 kelvin. However, I think it is more rational to think of all neutron stars as "a heart of a dying star." since they are collapsed cores of much larger ones. Science + interpretation of statements > interpretation of statements.

ChosenOne1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By ChosenOne1222

@mickey-mouse: @mainjp: @thebestofthebest: I’m not confusing crap. In the comics, Superman was on a planet with a similar atmosphere to earth. Earth is 95 million miles from the sun. Just to be fair, Mercury is still 35 million miles away from the sun. Yet Superman still got knocked out by that supernova.

Deal with it Superman dies. And Thor didn’t even have stone breaker when he got blasted by that supernova. And hulk survived a supernova before.....

Oh yeah the scan were Superman got knocked out by a supernova is below

http://battles.wikia.com/wiki/File:Superman_supernova.jpg

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of them die, you can argue Kurse might be able to survive via scaling but I still doubt it.

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

“There’s no way to determine how hot the star beam was”

“The beam wasn’t even a quarter of the temperature of the nuke”

Which one is it ? lol. This site.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By xzone
Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone:

Lol. I know I’m not crazy.

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The stupidity on this site never fails to amaze me.

Everyone here dies except superman and he’s somewhat injured.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman's the only one I see getting close or actually pulling it off. But he's not no selling it like some people here claim; it should hurt. But it should be noted that Stormbreaker's healing capability was required for Thor to survive it. So that feat is lethal even to someone who has tanked all kinds of energies/explosions over all his films. So Hulk and the others with less energy resistance than Thor should fail.

LawCol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Supes can somehow absorb part of the energy, then he should be able to pull it off. However, he was KOed by a megaton nuke. Plus it's possible that the explosion may have had parts of it's energy siphoned by Doomsday (since energy absorbing seemed to be Doomsday's MO in the film), thereby shielding Supes from a full blast. So I doubt his energy durability is on par with Thor.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 rogueshadow  Moderator

I've sort of been ignoring these threads, since they're less restrictive than using one character, but it seems like they're gradually proliferating again so it's best to take it back to the "Can X do Y" thread.