Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@buttersdaman000 said:
@knightsofdarkness2 said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@leo-343 said:

Compared to the MCU the DCEU fails critically and financially, that's just a fact. I'll still see the films it puts out though just out of curiosity.

This ^. There's really no way you can defend the DCEU objectively. Sure, some users like it, and that's fine, but I don't see how that invalidates what I said in my blog, which I still stand by.

Lol......hardly any of the flame wars center around critics/finances after the first month or so of release, and you know it. They pop up every once in a while, but the majority of the "animosity" comes from people biting bait on both sides. Something as simple as defending a line or characterization is enough to bait people into trashing Snyder/DCEU, and on the same note, simply posting a meme is enough to bait people into getting rustled.

Stop acting like you're taking some high ground here. You're just as easy to bait as the people you called out haha either that or you take this whole thing a bit too seriously......which might be the case lol

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Stop with the bullshit Butters. You legitimately got offended over my avatar, attacked me on my Suicide Squad review, then attacked me out of nowhere again while I was conversing with Nerevarine in that "Which Movie Do You Think Will Flop" thread, which is currently deleted. You even accused me of being some random troll on reddit which had no connection to my account, all because you took my avatar seriously just like that Light guy. You guys are ridiculously childish and there's absolutely nothing I've done to be considered "butthurt", especially compared to you.

Stop being so sensitive, and stop using that bullshit "omg KOD you're just a butthurt fanboy like me so stop acting innocent". WHEN did I get legitimately butthurt over people liking Snyder? Show me.

I unintentionally baited you into finding a years worth of my post, some of which aren't even to you lol I honestly didn't even remember you or calling you out until last week when you brought up that 3 month old post I made. Are you keeping track of my post or something? Anyways, some points,

• What SS squad review?
  • I'm not offended by your avatar, I just think it's pathetic. You seem rustled by me thinking it's pathetic though
  • Is that "Which do you think will flop thread" the one where I first called you pathetic?
  • The random troll on reddit is the only person who i've seen take his hate out as far as you, führer tbh, but still, it was a fair question lol
  • I'm childish?? lmao

Shows KOD his own avatar lol

Dude, you didn't bait me into shit. You got triggered over TWO of my avatars, got triggered because I called MoS a shitty movie back in early 2016 in a blog PeterisSpidey made, got triggered over my Suicide Squad/Snyder blog etc. You guys getting pissed over my blog are the only ones who get butthurt in DCEU-related threads.

1: Mine's.

2: You called it pathetic and childish at least 3 times. I'm not pissed over you getting rustled over my avatar, I'm annoyed at your blatant Snyder fanboyism and your constant excuses.

3: No

4: Lmao, I don't actually think Snyder is a nazi. You just took it seriously due to your lack of humor and started following me around everywhere calling me pathetic. Also, stop accusing me of being another user on some stupid site. Unless it's super obvious that it's me you shouldn't try to point fingers at somebody.

5: Then why do you get so pissed off then? And when someone calls you out on it, you almost always deflect the blame on someone else.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Erik_Soong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: Lol. On a serious note, I have loved the DCEU so far. While I think some criticisms are valid, I think many are not and simply are users deliberately refusing to enjoy or understand the film choices. Additionally, the criticisms that are valid seem to have a disproportionate impact on one's feelings for the films. But that's just my own opinion on the films, based on the arguments that I have seen.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By righteous300

KoD2 is getting baited right now and he doesn't even know it.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11 said:
@heatforce said:

@nerevarine_11: What do you mean? My point is critics hate snyder, not DC.

Yeah, when people make terrible movies of course they're gonna dislike them.

Cause and effect.

Ergo if Snyder made good movies, he wouldn't be criticized.

I think they hate him for his politics.

There's legitimate criticism to be had with his movies. Not sure why people try to dispute that. If people hated Snyder for his politics then we would see a ton more articles criticizing Snyder himself.

He's just a bad director.

Erik_Soong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol @people hating Snyder for his politics, the reaching is strong.

Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KoD2 is getting baited right now and he doesn't even know it.

No Caption Provided

Says the guy who called me a troll over a blog I made.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By buttersdaman000

@knightsofdarkness2:

You seem pretty baited, like you're fully invested in this now. I expect to see some butter in that nazi sign soon.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Why you in my mentions bro? Sounds like you're trying to bait me? Rustled much???

The very thing you aim to trigger rustles you in such ways lol

Your avatar is still pathetic

Are you sure you're not that user?

I'm not getting pissed off haha it's just.....your avatar is so pathetic

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erik_Soong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Erik_Soong

@nerevarine_11: I'm on my phone so I can't quote it but the ice on the bum gif.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: GOTG not only rode off the success of past Marvel films but featured catchy retro music, a small tough talking raccoon and a talking tree that could only say four words. The movie screamed bring your kids to this.

Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightsofdarkness2:

You seem pretty baited, like you're fully invested in this now. I expect to see some butter in that nazi sign soon.

No Caption Provided

Why you in my mentions bro? Sounds like you're trying to bait me? Rustled much???

Lmao.

I pmed you as a joke. I was obviously just messing around.

Explain to me how I get rustled? You seem to be dodging this question quite a bit. There's nothing to suggest that I get rustled as much as you do. Stop trying to deflect the blame on "Snyder Haters" and admit that you overreacted.

Entitled to your opinion, but you don't have to come out of nowhere and attack me personally because you took my avatar seriously and got offended over a blog. How many times did you call me and my avatar pathetic? 3 times? Lmao dude. Just stop. You're making yourself look bad.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: Enough with the gifs. We get it, the MCU is doing better than DCEU, but the only thing more annoying than "triggered DCEU fans" is your constant, going on troll level, posting of unfunny gifs.

Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By buttersdaman000

@buttersdaman000 said:

@knightsofdarkness2:

No Caption Provided

Lmao.

Explain to me how I get rustled? You seem to be dodging this question quite a bit. There's nothing to suggest that I get rustled as much as you do. Stop trying to deflect the blame on "Snyder Haters" and admit that you overreacted.

Entitled to your opinion, but you don't have to come out of nowhere and attack me personally because you took my avatar seriously and got offended over a blog. How many times did you call me and my avatar pathetic? 3 times? Lmao dude. Just stop. You're making yourself look bad.

Bro, I called your avatar pathetic as a joke too lol not really, it's still pathetic

You're jumping in my mentions, following me around, and took the time to make that long ass pathetic blog post. Look, this is how you use spoiler blocks!

No Caption Provided

I called your avatar pathetic. You getting offended by that is like getting offended just because somebody thinks you made a stupid argument. Like I think you're making now and in that recent blog post of yours. Don't be so easily offended.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: Gifs are pretty funny to people and I'll continue to post what I like. You can leave a message at my voice mail and I'll contemplate of whether or not I'll take your request into consideration,

Erik_Soong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is going places fast lol.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#

@leo-343 said:
@heatforce said:

The biggest point I made in this post though is that the first 3 films of the DCEU made more money than the first 3 films of the MCU. Sure if we compare the current DCEU to the current MCU you are correct but to be fair I think we have to consider their first phases as well.

Lol it's not a big deal. It's quite poor actually, you have BvS starring the two most famous superheroes in the world, it should have been the most anticipated CBM of all time yet it didn't even break a billion and was met with critical disdain. Iron Man wasn't even popular before '08 now RDJ is the most bankable CBM actor. You have Marvel churning out films with obscure characters the average person has never heard of like the GOTG and making them financial and critical successes but the DCEU can't even get BvS right.

That's a problem.

I understand but that's where my comparison of Superman Returns and MoS come in to play. The critics, the audience and the box office are so different that one has to ask, why? I mean if critical success is all that matters then WB would probably have had a more traditional take on Superman or simply used Superman Returns as their starting point for a shared universe instead of rebooting the character. But according to the box office and the audience scores, fans favored Man of Steel over Superman Returns. So who is right and who is wrong: critics or the fans? I think the critics got it wrong because they assumed Reeve would always be the standard and ultimately, money talks.

On a serperate point, yes Superman and Batman are more well known but there is such a thing as reboot fatigue. Just compare the box office results of Sipder-Man vs the Amazing Spider-Man.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: Certain gifs are funny. The ones you post aren't and considering the rate at which you do and the thread space you waste doing so, it's definitely bordering on troll level.

I'll be sure to leave a message, just make sure you take time out of your "extremely busy life" to read it. You'll be doing everyone a favor by refraining from posting gifs instead of working on essays detailing your dislike for the DCEU, trust me.

casper4690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By casper4690

The butthurt in this thread is laughable. Trump grabbed all you arguing wankers by the pu$$y.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: What's isn't and is funny is subjective as I've had people today tell me they're funny. They aren't funny to YOU, which is cool everybody has different tastes. I haven't posted all but a few gifs so unless they offend you on metaphysical level, you can just ignore em. They aren't hurting nobody. Unless your posts are evident of somebody being offended by something such as gifs. In which case I rebuke you and laugh at you. Rofl

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By TheVivas

@nerevarine_11: I find it hilarious you're telling me about subjectivity after that last blog you helped write. Talk about irony. "Rofl"

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: I didn't help write a blog kiddo. Do you mean KOD?

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: So that was another user who has the exact same user name as you and was mentioned in the very first sentence of the blog for helping out?

Good to know "kiddo".

laughingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I just enjoyed spending 7 minutes reading through all of these comments.

Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: He helped with the blog by finding/creating most of the gifs/memes and he made the title and gave some advice. I wrote the blog itself though.

Honestly, you seem mad. Kind of hilarious considering all the claims you made about the blog.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: You seem to be upset over helping a user write a blog satirizing the DCEU. Why?

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightsofdarkness2: he's so asshurt over that blog and gifs, the anger must be seething in him

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iara said:

@heatforce: That pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter. The more I watch MoS the more I enjoy it. I liked the complete version of BvS although Batman really should not have been allowed to kill for once in the films. I wasn't particularly excited for SS anyway but it was poorly done I felt. Either way I find the childish ways people use to attack these films to be much more disappointing than the actual thing, especially when there's plenty of legitimate criticism to be had.

would it change your opinion on that statement if it was confirmed Jason todd had just died around BvS? I think Zach Snyder intended to show a real life tragedy, in real life if my protégé was killed on MY watch, I would definitely lose myself and forget my values

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iara said:

@heatforce: That pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter. The more I watch MoS the more I enjoy it. I liked the complete version of BvS although Batman really should not have been allowed to kill for once in the films. I wasn't particularly excited for SS anyway but it was poorly done I felt. Either way I find the childish ways people use to attack these films to be much more disappointing than the actual thing, especially when there's plenty of legitimate criticism to be had.

would it change your opinion on that statement if it was confirmed Jason todd had just died around BvS? I think Zach Snyder intended to show a real life tragedy, in real life if my protégé was killed on MY watch, I would definitely lose myself and forget my values

I think we will see it but more than likely it will be in the batman solo film. JL is supposed to be batman's redemption. So in the solo film I would like to see Batman reflect on everything: His year one, How he met Jason, Jason's death, how he changed prior to MoS and then ultimately we end up with a characterization of batman that is more familiar to people.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce:

Well then why not compare the first 3 films of the DCEU to the first 3 films of the MCU:

Because that would not serve any purpose... Different eras and franchises/brand with very different expectations...

Besides you have to add to the production budget the marketing campaign, the box office final numbers don't equal to the movie profitability, since Deadline is studying the big blockbusters profitability it was demonstrated that all the Mcu movies made a LOT more profit than MoS and i am really curious for B v S and SS numbers...

Iron Man 3 - $391.8M (2013)

Avengers Age of Ultron - $382.3M (2015)

Guardians of the Galaxy - $204.2M (2014)

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - $166.2M (2014)

Thor The Dark World - $139.4M (2013)

Ant-Man - $103.9M (2015)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - $81.31M (2014)

X-Men Days of Future Past - $77.4M (2014)

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - $70.4M (2014)

Man of Steel - $42.7M (2013)

(No Data/Studies Before 2013)

I understand but that's where my comparison of Superman Returns and MoS come in to play. The critics, the audience and the box office are so different that one has to ask, why?

No they are not... Its just some of you guys that try to spin it in several directions so that poor reception from both audiences and critics may look like its only critics, when B v S still good box office numbers are supported by the hype that was built by Nolan Batman...

Rotten Tomatoes Score 27%

Cinema Score B

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Total Lifetime Grosses

Domestic:$330,360,19437.8%
+ Foreign:$542,900,00062.2%
= Worldwide:$873,260,194

Domestic opening weekend and second weekend drop...

Mar 25–271$166,007,347-4,242-$39,134$166,007,3471
Apr 1–31$51,335,254-69.1%4,256+14$12,062$260,408,0472

I mean if critical success is all that matters then WB would probably have had a more traditional take on Superman or simply used Superman Returns as their starting point for a shared universe instead of rebooting the character. But according to the box office and the audience scores, fans favored Man of Steel over Superman Returns.

Like if MoS wasn't associated with Nolan (producer) and a lot of hype came from there and what he had done with Batman...

So who is right and who is wrong: critics or the fans? I think the critics got it wrong because they assumed Reeve would always be the standard and ultimately, money talks.

Like i said its just an illusion tentative by some hardcore fans, the reception from critics and audiences was not good in any of the Dceu movies, (they always had big drops in the second box office weekend) and the final numbers are very connect to what was built by Nolan (Batman brand power), Wonder Woman is the first real test without any Nolan/Batman elements, (at least for now)...

MoS (Nolan was the producer)

B v S (Batman)

SS (Joker, Batman cameo)

On a serperate point, yes Superman and Batman are more well known but there is such a thing as reboot fatigue. Just compare the box office results of Sipder-Man vs the Amazing Spider-Man.

Funny that you bring a franchise that was terminated (The Amazing Spider-Man)!?! Are you suggesting that the Dceu also should be terminated? Franchise fatigue? Regarding Batman? The B v S opening weekend was superior to any of the Batman previous movies, it were the drops that were insanely negative (probably because people in general didn't like the movie), and SS had another tremendous opening weekend (also supported in Batman elements again, Joker at the top) yet despite the good final numbers also has a poor cinema score rating B+ and not that good drops, without competition in a year where almost all the summer blockbusters flopped and August had the importance that usually doesn't have...

Just replied to your quotes because they are imprecise... And i like to correct imprecision...

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These arguments have just gotten sad. What's even more pathetic is how many times the same shit gets brought up.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You might as well call this the sequel to the Death of the DCEU thread

Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

@knightsofdarkness2:

No Caption Provided

Lmao.

Bro, I called your avatar pathetic as a joke too lol not really, it's still pathetic

You're jumping in my mentions, following me around, and took the time to make that long ass pathetic blog post. Look, this is how you use spoiler blocks!

No Caption Provided

I called your avatar pathetic. You getting offended by that is like getting offended just because somebody thinks you made a stupid argument. Like I think you're making now and in that recent blog post of yours. Don't be so easily offended.

I'm not pissed over you calling my avatar pathetic, I'm annoyed at you getting triggered over me disliking Snyder, and then you harassing me out of nowhere and calling me and my avatar pathetic A BILLION FREAKING TIMES. It's against the rules you know.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Please explain to me how I get butthurt/baited as much as you do. You "Snyderbots" are really making a mountain over a mole hill.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: You just told me you didn't help write it. So now we can add list to the list, it seems.

Iara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkonast: Possibly. It's a story arc I'm open to and would enjoy seeing it thought out more fully on screen. That being said, if this was their intention then they should have made that much clearer than just alluding to a possible former robin suit. DC would have been just fine following MoS with a Batman solo movie and fleshing this out. Then they could have laid the ground work for the Superman v Batman clash and fleshed it out properly.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightsofdarkness2: Yes I've read the blog. It's, for lack of a better word, something.

And mad that he helped? Not at all. Just find it hilariously hypocritical that he can talk about subjectivity at all.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And more trolling. Credibility is heading into the negative range now.

Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas said:

@knightsofdarkness2: Yes I've read the blog. It's, for lack of a better word, something.

And mad that he helped? Not at all. Just find it hilariously hypocritical that he can talk about subjectivity at all.

He didn't help write it. He helped with the gifs/pics/title and gave me some advice. You can't blame him for the blog.

Also, what's so wrong about it anyway? The questionable amount of salt you've exhibited over the blog is downright hilarious. Calm down.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightsofdarkness2: Didn't know he needed you to "fight his battles" for him. That cute. And so? I believe I can blame whoever I want, actually. Especially when said user still goes around posting the same gifs in other threads doing nothing but trolling.

And what's wrong with the blog? Too many points to get into. If you want some of them, read any of the points brought up in the comments of the blog that disagree with the whole point of it. That's a good start.

Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: Your post was inaccurate and I corrected you by stating that he didn't help write the thing. "I can blame anyone I want" is an irrational argument and it makes you look like a child. His memes were fine, lighten up dude.

I just remember you posting about how the blog was shitty without actually listing any objective points. You used the all too common "OP is just butthurt lol" complaint and that was it. I'll check the blog again, but your posts were far from constructive.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

@heatforce:

Well then why not compare the first 3 films of the DCEU to the first 3 films of the MCU:

Because that would not serve any purpose... Different eras and franchises/brand with very different expectations...

Besides you have to add to the production budget the marketing campaign, the box office final numbers don't equal to the movie profitability, since Deadline is studying the big blockbusters profitability it was demonstrated that all the Mcu movies made a LOT more profit than MoS and i am really curious for B v S and SS numbers...

Iron Man 3 - $391.8M (2013)

Avengers Age of Ultron - $382.3M (2015)

Guardians of the Galaxy - $204.2M (2014)

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - $166.2M (2014)

Thor The Dark World - $139.4M (2013)

Ant-Man - $103.9M (2015)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - $81.31M (2014)

X-Men Days of Future Past - $77.4M (2014)

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - $70.4M (2014)

Man of Steel - $42.7M (2013)

(No Data/Studies Before 2013)

I understand but that's where my comparison of Superman Returns and MoS come in to play. The critics, the audience and the box office are so different that one has to ask, why?

No they are not... Its just some of you guys that try to spin it in several directions so that poor reception from both audiences and critics may look like its only critics, when B v S still good box office numbers are supported by the hype that was built by Nolan Batman...

Cinema Score B

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Total Lifetime Grosses

Domestic:$330,360,19437.8%
+ Foreign:$542,900,00062.2%
= Worldwide:$873,260,194

Domestic opening weekend and second weekend drop...

Mar 25–271$166,007,347-4,242-$39,134$166,007,3471
Apr 1–31$51,335,254-69.1%4,256+14$12,062$260,408,0472

I mean if critical success is all that matters then WB would probably have had a more traditional take on Superman or simply used Superman Returns as their starting point for a shared universe instead of rebooting the character. But according to the box office and the audience scores, fans favored Man of Steel over Superman Returns.

Like if MoS wasn't associated with Nolan (producer) and a lot of hype came from there and what he had done with Batman...

So who is right and who is wrong: critics or the fans? I think the critics got it wrong because they assumed Reeve would always be the standard and ultimately, money talks.

Like i said its just an illusion tentative by some hardcore fans, the reception from critics and audiences was not good in any of the Dceu movies, (they always had big drops in the second box office weekend) and the final numbers are very connect to what was built by Nolan (Batman brand power), Wonder Woman is the first real test without any Nolan/Batman elements, (at least for now)...

MoS (Nolan was the producer)

B v S (Batman)

SS (Joker, Batman cameo)

Funny that you bring a franchise that was terminated (The Amazing Spider-Man)!?! Are you suggesting that the Dceu also should be terminated? Franchise fatigue? Regarding Batman? The B v S opening weekend was superior to any of the Batman previous movies, it were the drops that were insanely negative (probably because people in general didn't like the movie), and SS had another tremendous opening weekend (also supported in Batman elements again, Joker at the top) yet despite the good final numbers also has a poor cinema score rating B+ and not that good drops, without competition in a year where almost all the summer blockbusters flopped and August had the importance that usually doesn't have...

Just replied to your quotes because they are imprecise... And i like to correct imprecision...

This part in no way reflects the cherry picked quote:

Cinema Score B

I was discussing the difference between Superman Returns and MoS.

Also this:

Can be attributed to the poor critic reviews. A Rotten Tomatoes score can make or break a movie.

I'm not sure about deadline since there's a lot of assumptions in their numbers. A poster on that page even highlights why:

Anonymouson Mar 21, 2014 10:34 am

It’s almost impossible to get an accurate net profit number from the studios. They love to boast about grosses but they hide the net profit numbers because they hate having to admit what they owe to profit participants. They always claim their blockbusters “are still in the red” which is why so many people have to file lawsuits to get accurate accounting. Warner Bros. accounting office claims all of their Harry Potter movies are all “still in the red” and they will always be “in the red” forever. Apparently no movies ever make any profits ever it’s very mysterious. ;)

But bloomberg estimates that Man of Steel netted WB $300 Million once dvd sales and merchandise are factored in.

IMO Box office numbers are always better to debate since we can only speculate how much the studios really made on a theatrical release