There should have been a Hank Pym referance in The Avengers

Drummer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Drummer007

After seeing the Avengers and all the talk this week about there being a finished Ant-Man script that Marvel should be doing soon, I thought that should have been at least a Hank Pym reference in the movie. Maybe that he works for SHIELD or is some kind of super smart guy that they need to recruit. I think it would have been nice since he was a founding member of the Avengers and I know a lot of fans would have appreciated it.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Kallarkz

Spider-Man, Hank Pym, Vision,....etc. this list goes on and on and on get in line sir.

They mentioned who needed to be mentioned which were the actual characters involved in the film.

I wanted to watch a movie about the Avengers and their current problem..I was not waiting for a reference to every other Marvel superhero.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By ReVamp

@Kallarkz said:

Spider-Man, Hank Pym, Vision,....etc. this list goes on and on and on get in line sir.

They mentioned who needed to be mentioned which were the actual characters involved in the film.

I wanted to watch a movie about the Avengers and their current problem..I was not waiting for a reference to every other Marvel superhero.

He means because of the film. There being a reference to a vision, or Spider-Man for that matter, is irrelevant.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cattlebattle

I wish they would have referenced Batman

Drummer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Drummer007

@cattlebattle:

I'm going to see it again this weekend and i'll have to listen better but I thought Tony said Batman or Bat..... maybe it was Cap. But it registered Batman in my head during the movie. It was when they were on the bridge of the ship I think.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kallarkz

@ReVamp said:

@Kallarkz said:

He means because of the film. There being a reference to a vision, or Spider-Man for that matter, is irrelevant.

I'm aware of what he was mentioning. And I mentioned the others because of the fact that other people have created threads about those very same characters who "should have been mentioned in the film", which I believe is relevant.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ReVamp

@Kallarkz said:

@ReVamp said:

@Kallarkz said:

I'm aware of what he was mentioning. And I mentioned the others because of the fact that other people have created threads about those very same characters who "should have been mentioned in the film", which I believe is relevant.

And you're entitled to your opinion of course, I simply don't believe it so. Should some random ass avenger get a reference? Naw. Should an Avenger who's getting a movie (if he does) get a reference? It makes sense to make it so.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ReVamp

@cattlebattle said:

Not sure if you're being serious or trolling, but in case you're serious: They did.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kallarkz

@ReVamp said:

@Kallarkz said:

@ReVamp said:

@Kallarkz said:

And you're entitled to your opinion of course, I simply don't believe it so. Should some random ass avenger get a reference? Naw. Should an Avenger who's getting a movie (if he does) get a reference? It makes sense to make it so.

Since when has it been confirmed that they were planning on making an Ant-Man film while filming was taking place?

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ReVamp

@Kallarkz said:

@ReVamp said:

@Kallarkz said:

@ReVamp said:

@Kallarkz said:

Since when has it been confirmed that they were planning on making an Ant-Man film while filming was taking place?

Never. I never said it was correct, simply that he/she was following some logic.

Drummer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Drummer007

@Kallarkz: @ReVamp:

I don't think it would have added anything either way but I've noticed that right after the movie came out there was a lot of talk about Ant-Man. And if they do an Ant-Man movie and then put him in the next Avengers movie then it would have been nice to make a referance. I know what Kallarkz is saying about everyone saying Spiderman, Vision, Moonknight ( I don't get those either) but it was just a thought for me AFTER seeing all the talk about and Ant-Man movie.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By Gambit1024

@Kallarkz said:

@ReVamp said:

@Kallarkz said:

@ReVamp said:

@Kallarkz said:

Ant-Man's been in the works since 2008.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cattlebattle
@ReVamp said:

@cattlebattle said:

Not sure if you're being serious or trolling, but in case you're serious: They did.

i blatantly was trolling....and when??
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ReVamp

@cattlebattle said:

@ReVamp said:

@cattlebattle said:

I was blatantly trolling your trolling.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cattlebattle
@ReVamp said:

@cattlebattle said:

@ReVamp said:

@cattlebattle said:

I was blatantly trolling your trolling.

No Caption Provided
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ReVamp

@cattlebattle: Trolling needs no reason!

Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
deactivated-579156ff11b09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Whedon had a lot of characters to juggle for Avengers, while I would have liked to see more cameos I can understand completely why they were left out for the sequel.

- The movie was very good and it just means hank can possibly get more than a cameo in the next one.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#18  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Kallarkz said:

No. Movie rights to Spider-Man don't belong to Marvel Studios at the moment, and you can't mention Vision without mentioning Pym.

So... yeah, this is irrelevant.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#19  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

No. Only character who have gotten movies or have movies in production should be referenced. We don't even know for sure if Hank is even getting a movie, it's just a rumor for all we know.If they had referenced Hank and never introduced him than a lot of fans would be pissed.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kallarkz

@JediXMan said:

@Kallarkz said:

No. Movie rights to Spider-Man don't belong to Marvel Studios at the moment, and you can't mention Vision without mentioning Pym.

So... yeah, this is irrelevant.

If you were to actually read that sentence you would have seen the "get in line" as in these similar complaints have been voiced by various other members on this forum....that does sound quite releavent... since it could go under the category of "Who should have been mentioned in the movie"

As to whether or not Marvel has the rights to do so you can give that speech to those specific indivudals as my personal opinion on the matter was not stated here as to exactly who should or shouldn't be mentioned. =]