Theory: Boruto (Anime) - Statues in Boruto and the series' future. King-tsuki?

Avatar image for westwood_trevor
Westwood_Trevor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

* This Discussion is not mine *

Firstly I just wanna say this is my first post ever on this subreddit so if it’s not tagged correctly, I’m sorry! If it’s done incorrectly and mods can change it to what it’s supposed to be, that would be great.

One thing I’ve noticed in the last two episodes of Boruto are the appearances of Otsutsuki statues within Kaguya’s dimensions which can be seen in the Lava World and Ice World.
The first one appeared in episode 54 in Kaguya’s ice dimension and the second has appeared in her lava dimension. I haven’t seen much discussion regarding these (likely due to minimal information) and figured it would be a nice topic to bring up.

The past two episodes, particularly episode 55, have provided us with more information regarding Kaguya and the Otsutsuki clan as a whole. We’ve learned that Kaguya was sent to Earth to bring Chakra back to wherever the Otsutsuki are from. In the latest episode, Urashiki gave us a basic rundown of Kaguya’s life on Earth (which was known information if you watched the backstory arc in Shippuden). What we didn’t know is that she was sent by some other members of the clan, potentially Momoshiki, to cultivate a new God Tree Fruit for the clan. Having fallen in love and having children of her own, Kaguya defied orders and tried to make an army of White Zetsu to combat at least Momoshiki and Kinshiki, potentially going even further than that. Kinshiki clarifies her mission by stating “that is why the chakra she was supposed to provide us with never came”. Urashiki also says that she “betrayed” them and Momoshiki calls her “the disgrace of our clan”.

That leads me to Urashiki who knows all of this information. This guy definitely has a bigger role to play in the entire story than just being Momoshiki’s henchman like Kinshiki is. In the same scene where he talks to Momoshiki and Kinshiki about Kaguya, he refers to Momoshiki as Momoshiki-senpai but once Momoshiki leaves, he switches his personality altogether, becoming rather smug and referring to him as Momo-chan, basically calling him a child. When we’re first introduced to Urashiki, he talks to Toneri and knows all the stuff that happened in The Last: Naruto the Movie and other events such as Toneri assisting with the awakening of Boruto’s Jogan. Momoshiki and Kinishiki were clearly in the dark regarding Kaguya’s fate as they questioned Sasuke about it when he took the scroll from Kaguya’s ice dimension. Instantly shows us that there is hierarchy in the Otsutsuki clan, showing that Urashiki is clearly in higher regard than Momoshiki and Kinshiki as he knew all this information and they didn’t. Urashiki then petrifies Toneri and tells him he’s going to send him to the “Palace of the Dragon King”. While the Naruto wikia has this listed as a technique, I think it might be an actual place.

Finally, we have the statues in Kaguya’s dimensions. At first I thought the one that appeared in episode 54 may have just been a statue of Kaguya herself but further inspection shows it’s not. The horns are longer, the garments worn are different as are the facial features. Then I thought that the same statue that appeared in 55 was the one in 54 but that one is different as well but only the way the hair is done. Something about these statues just makes me wonder how many more Otsutsuki’s there is out there. By the sheer fact that there are statues for these two characters, I assume that they are the leaders of the clan. Although we have been given a hint in regards to the future of the series in the opening manga chapter and scene of the anime with Kawaki vs. Boruto, I personally believe that this is a red herring and that the real end will be vs. the Otsutsuki clans leader(s). This ties in with Kawaki’s warning to Boruto that he’s “going to send [him] where he sent the Seventh” – relating to the “Palace of the Dragon King” Urashiki mentioned, implying that Kawaki is the one who kills Urashiki to get his mark as well. From there, we’ll have the confrontation between Naruto and Boruto (and potentially Sasuke) vs. the leaders.

What do you guys think? Could the statues we’ve seen be for Otsutsuki clan members who have already died or do you think they’re waiting in the wings somewhere? Do you think Kawaki is going to be the final fight or will there be more after him?

Could this dude here be. . . the Otsutsuki King (King-tsuki)? Kaguya's father?

No Caption Provided

weavile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Palace of the Dragon King is a place in Japanese folklore, where Urashima the fisherman (Urashiki namesake) go and stay there for 3 days, when he go back to the land 300 years has passed. Most likely this jutsu is a powerful genjutsu like Tsukiyomi

JOVIOLMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Otsutsuki Clan are just like Frieza's Army, and someday we will see their Frieza.

thatduderox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joviolma: I get that same vibe. I think Momoshiki and Kinshiki are the equivalent of Nappa and Vegeta, and eventually either Boruto or Naruto will have to face the "Frieza " of the clan.

RDCDesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kaguya = Princess Kaguya

Isshiki = Isshin-Boshi

Momoshiki = Momotaro

Kinshiki = Kintaro

Urashiki = Urashima

Ootutsuki King = ???

Since all of them are based in fairy tale japanese mythology the DK would Obviously have to be superior

So I’m guessing the Dragon King is also a fairy tale but Godlike Deity

The Dragon King- Known for the element of Wind and Water

He had 4 sons that argued over power and he gave them each their own region of sea to rule but this time sea = region of space. The Ootutsuki all have their own spaces to rule over, called their territory.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Momo, Isshiki, Kinshiki, Urashiki

The Dragon King also had a daughter

No Caption Provided