GobBluth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GobBluth
No Caption Provided

WE DID IT!! MARVEL UNIFIED IS FINALLY HERE!!

"Twenty-First Century Fox, has accepted a new offer from Disney, which included a higher per share offer of $38 per 21CF share versus the prior offer of $28 per share that Disney offered in December 2017.

Continue Reading Below

TickerSecurityLastChange%Chg
FOXA21ST CENTURY FOX48.48+3.77+8.44%
DISWALT DISNEY COMPANY107.26+1.16+1.09%

21CF prefers the offer over Comcast’s recent bid, stating in a press release that, “The amended and restated Disney Merger Agreement offers a package of consideration, flexibility and deal certainty enhancements that is superior to the proposal made by the Comcast Corporation on June 13, 2018.”

Under the amended and restated Disney Merger Agreement, Disney would acquire those businesses on basically the same terms, except that, among other things, Disney's offer allows 21CF stockholders to elect to receive their consideration, on a value equalized basis, in the form of cash or stock, subject to 50/50 proration."

"At stake is a trove of media properties, ranging from "The Simpsons" to "X-Men," that may help fend off the threat from Netflix (NFLX) and other streaming upstarts. Both Disney and Comcast are looking to use the Fox assets to bolster their content and expand overseas.

Disney's latest offer is a "very aggressive move" by Chief Executive Officer Bob Iger and may make it difficult for Comcast to respond, said Bloomberg Intelligence analyst Paul Sweeney. Comcast's current bid was already poised to load the company up with debt, and its shares have fallen 18% this year.

21CF shareholders will receive a number of Disney shares equal to $38 in value if the average Disney stock price at closing is between $93.53 and $114.32.

Disney's new offer is worth $71.3 billion in cash and stock. Disney is expected to pay a total of about $35.7 billion in cash and issue about 343 million new shares to 21CF shareholders, according to Reuters.

21CF’s board came to the conclusion that the unsolicited proposal from Comcast couldn’t reasonably be expected to result in a “Company Superior Proposal” under the Disney merger agreement.

The new agreement contains no change to the provisions about the company’s directors being able to evaluate a competing proposal."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/20/disney-raises-its-bid-for-fox-to-713-billion

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phase 4(?) here we come

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too early to be called. Comcast can still answer back.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

So the monopoly grows... thats bad.

TonyMartial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What would Comcast do with FOX assets?

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the monopoly grows... thats bad.

I don't want Disney to have X-Men. Competition helps innovation. Also, I'm not fond of the monopolization either.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RabumAlal

X-Men is Marvel’s best property, if the MCU does it justice they can carry the MCU with Spider-Man.

But I also like the serious Fox X-Men. More X-Men either way.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: either Disney or Comcast, would’ve still grown

GobBluth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GobBluth

@mike_fowler said:

Just like Warner with AT&T. Crying about Marvel getting bigger is just plain bias.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comcast can still counter, if they're still interested. With ATT acquiring WB, I don't see why they would give up.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes they would, but Disney is already the biggest company in entertainment so if anyone needs to have the handbrake pulled on them, it is they.

@gobbluth said:
@mike_fowler said:

Just like Warner with AT&T. Crying about Marvel getting bigger is just plan bias.

Thing is though, AT&T is only bigger than Disney in the sense that it's mainly to a colossal phone-company that's walked into the entertainment and news industry. Warner Bros. is not going to be getting all of AT&T's money to make movies and buy up the competition... if anything they just saved themselves from getting bought by Disney.

Also to me, the X-Men are really just a side note, my concern is more the in veins of Iger or his successor deciding to amplify his own voice through his company the same way Rupert Murdoch does through FOX and his many newspapers.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"We did it?" What did you do? Anyway the bidding war is hardly over.

GobBluth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiba:

@heatforce said:

Comcast can still counter, if they're still interested. With ATT acquiring WB, I don't see why they would give up.

It's not going to happen, though. That was just the highlight of the bidding. From what I've gathered Fox never even accepted Comcast bid. Fox said it's not even about the cash bid itself. They believe the long term plan with Disney trumps anything the competition could offer. They actually said that. Fox went on to say they promised to keep Bob Iger on. They basically said we're going with Disney. But have there been an official announcement made? No. So if someone wanted to play the specifics card they could. Fox has definitely chosen Disney though. they've done everything but make the official announcement. Last I checked they had until July 10th to make up their mind. July is just right around the corner.

The official announcement will be made any time from now on to the next few weeks.

GobBluth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: You know what, I take back what I said about only a bias person would care about Marvel getting bigger. Mybad.

I honestly just don't care. If someone wants to run around singling out Disney saying Marvel sucks and is evil trying to take over the world, so be it. More power to them.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gobbluth said:

@kiba:

@heatforce said:

It's not going to happen, though. That was just the highlight of the bidding. From what I've gathered Fox never even accepted Comcast bid. Fox said it's not even about the cash bid itself. They believe the long term plan with Disney trumps anything the competition could offer. They actually said that. Fox went on to say they promised to keep Bob Iger on. They basically said we're going with Disney. But have there been an official announcement made? No. So if someone wanted to play the specifics card they could. Fox has definitely chosen Disney though. they've done everything but make the official announcement. Last I checked they had until July 10th to make up their mind. July is just right around the corner.

The official announcement will be made any time from now on to the next few weeks.

I dont think it will happen either, I read somewhere that Comcast was already going to be in debt with their current offer and I dont think they can get the backing to outbid Disney's offer since that's a big increase. That said, companies buying companies in the US likely have rules to follow to ultimately prevent fraud, money-laundering and anything of that kind, so it might be that an offer this large has to wait by law for Comcast or another bidder to counter Disney.

As for FOX themselves, to be brutally honest, I dont think Murdoch and co really gives a flying poop what either Disney or Comcast would do with their entertainment section after its been sold off, they dont make anything off it and they wont loose anything on failures either. After all, it's in their biggest interest to get the most money out of the sale.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GobBluth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gobbluth said:

@kiba:

@heatforce said:

I dont think it will happen either, I read somewhere that Comcast was already going to be in debt with their current offer and I dont think they can get the backing to outbid Disney's offer since that's a big increase. That said, companies buying companies in the US likely have rules to follow to ultimately prevent fraud, money-laundering and anything of that kind, so it might be that an offer this large has to wait by law for Comcast or another bidder to counter Disney.

As for FOX themselves, to be brutally honest, I dont think Murdoch and co really gives a flying poop what either Disney or Comcast would do with their entertainment section after its been sold off, they dont make anything off it and they wont loose anything on failures either. After all, it's in their biggest interest to get the most money out of the sale.

I meant to post that quote in the comment. I read that too. They already went in debt with the first. I'm thinking with in the next couple of days we'll have are official announcement.

Eric_of_Apotos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bonecrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bonecrasher

Im not excited about the mutants at all, seen enough of them over the past few years. Bring on the Fantastic Four though.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, the coolest thing about this is that Wolverine can be an Avenger now, other than that it's going to be odd placing them in the MCU when they weren't present for so many important events. That will have to be explained somehow. I'd rather it have been the Fantastic Four though, would have been much easier.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

What does this mean for Fox' X-Men franchise? Does that mean they will retcon everything and make it the same Universe? Or will they just end their currently 18-year old franchise and do another one that is canon to MCU? Or are they making another X-Men Universe which takes place in MCU while still working on their original Universe? I prefer the last one out of the three although it's probably the most unlikely one to happen. It's difficult and weird to work on two franchises at the same time that focus on the same characters.

Either way, while I am happy to see X-Men together with the rest of the Marvel characters (if this is indeed truth), I would be way happier if they went with Fantastic Four instead. Not only are the X-Men too big to just be a part of the Universe which is already huge in it's own right, but Fox' X-Men franchise was fine. Sure you can look at atrocities like Last Stand and Wolverine Origins, but a lot of their movies were decent and pretty good, and some were even amazing. Fantastic Four was just bad.

After more than 10 years they still weren't capable of making a decent Fantastic Four movie. The first two were forgettable kings of mediocrity and the reboot became Catwoman/Elektra/Batman and Robin level comic movie. On top of it, F4 would work way better for the MCU. Black Panther is a good friend with them, we can have Thing fighting the Hulk, Reed Richards can make Illuminati movie happen, Silver Surfer and Galactus can expend cosmic side of MCU with Adam Warlock, Nova and so on.

Not that I'm complaining. I'm just saying how I would be way more excited if FF becomes a part of the MCU.

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2c5d95484dd
deactivated-5b2c5d95484dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infantfinite128: competition is a win or lose, the winner is of course the superior product though in the cost of the loser turning into an absence, cooperation is better

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Mike_Fowler
Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FullMetalEmprah

@mike_fowler: Oh sweet then. We might finally get a good FF movie, and more importantly, Doom in the MCU.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Spambot

Please wait a few years to start making their movies and don't shoehorn them into the mcu by acting like they were there all along. That is all I ask.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: we'll see. Comcast not only has to compete with Disney for fox but ultimately this is about competing with ATT. In other words if they lose this deal they might be sunk either way so they may go down fighting.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeeeeah, but can they use Silver Surfer tho?

SuperHulk24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comcast will probably go after someone else anyway. Disney is doing this to protect themselves from the FAANG companies and AT&T/TW who is along with Comcast are Disney's greatest enemies.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is no “Official Announcement” YET, but with Disney bidding higher Sounds like Disney has just sealed the deal.

All we need now is confirmation that the X-Men/FF are back.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gobbluth: ok now we wait until marvel buys out disney and everything is good. screw the zionist rat.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

You - or anyone else on this site - didn't do a damn thing.

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By darkonast

i don't want MCU and Disney's paws on X-Men , they can have FF tho , ive never been interested in them tbh (always been boring)

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Fox will have to stop making X-Men movies in their own universe.

JohnCena69swag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The shareholders still need to vote and then we're all set right? Hopefully they hurry up so they have enough time to put the x men in an end credits scene or something with like an alternate universe.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

Please wait a few years to start making their movies and don't shoehorn them into the mcu by acting like they were there all along. That is all I ask.

Feige literally said it would take years for the xmen and moon knight to join the mcu

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:
@spambot said:

Feige literally said it would take years for the xmen and moon knight to join the mcu

Well then he and I are on the same page regarding this.

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You - or anyone else on this site - didn't do a damn thing.

How do you know? Maybe i work for Disney... or Fox.

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We'll see Silver Surfer movie before MoS2

Gamer-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monopolization for the win!

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder what will happen to Ryan Reynold's Deadpool. Hopefully he'll be sticking around.

Malzahaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Malzahaar

@petey_is_spidey: That is wrong, without the fans showing their support and paying to see the movies, Marvel/Disney wouldn't be putting out all these movies and making moves on other organizations.

So yes we did do a "damn" thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb52f8f25413
deactivated-5bb52f8f25413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Put the FF in Avengers 4.

Malzahaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points