The writing for Justice League and Justice League Unlimited should be the blueprint for the new DCEU.

gobby94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Rewatched Justice League : Unlimited recently and the writing is exceptional. Despite juggling a huge roster of characters, especially with the extended roster in the League, it's still balanced and every hero has a chance to shine.

Whether the antagonists are Braniac, Grodd's Secret Society, Amanda Waller and CADMUS, the story progression is superb.

It would be a considerable jump in quality from the current DC movies and Zack Snyder's vision ( someone who clearly doesn't understand the characters).

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Who do you think should be the starting members of the League? The original 7 from the Bruce Timm animated Universe? Or someone new?

BoutaTakeAnL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It should, but it won't be. My preference for the 7 founding members would be Timm's lineup, except I'd prefer Aquaman instead of Hawkgirl. Regardless, Gunn's writing and setup should still be competent in its own right.

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think you’re overestimating the writing on the show, maybe nostalgia?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#4 frozen  Moderator

No, he isn't. The show is incredible. And it's the best animated superhero show. Puts EMH to shame.

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 frozen  Moderator
DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: there were no real stakes. Amanda waller’s writing is really the only one I can get behind

BoutaTakeAnL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:
@DammeFavour said:

No, he isn't. The show is incredible. And it's the best animated superhero show. Puts EMH to shame.

EMH is an odd pick to compare it to? But yeah. Easily a contender for the best animated TV show ever.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To an extent. I’m open to new ideas.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 frozen  Moderator

@frozen: there were no real stakes. Amanda waller’s writing is really the only one I can get behind

How are there no stakes?

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can get behind this. JL and JLU are some of the best written animated comicbook series ever. I don’t think it’s as easy as it sounds with live action considering you’re dealing with various different directors/writers for a live action cinematic universe, as compared to the DCaU which was more condensed in it’s writing (or amount of writers). I mean, Kevin Feige was able to make it work, but I under no circumstances want to put that level of expectation on Gunn’s/Safran new DCU.