They are all really hot.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

The only one I really liked on the show was Sara.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Remember when everyone hated Thea, and you were like "She's developing, be patient." I'd bet she's now possibly the most popular lady on the show. My main gripe with how they handled Thea is she just found out who Ollie is, I think she should have been one of the first to know. Before Roy and Laurel for sure.

With "Spider-verse" and "Multiversity" out, like to know what you think when a comics world has a lot of "alternate universes" where a character can have multiple interpretations/histories. I know DC has been at that longer, but now that Marvel has jumped into it, whattya think?

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manwhohaseverything:

but now that Marvel has jumped into it, whattya think?

Marvel has been doing it for a long time and it always gets out of hand because all those alternative versions end up in 616. Cyclops has more children in the 616 dimension from alternate dimension Cykes than his own.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@manwhohaseverything:

Marvel has been doing it for a long time and it always gets out of hand because all those alternative versions end up in 616. Cyclops has more children in the 616 dimension from alternate dimension Cykes than his own.

When did Marvel first get into this? I thought it was just in the last 10-15 years? I mean as a regular thing? I know Miles Morales is from an alternate world.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

@manwhohaseverything: I like that topic. I will add it to the list and in a couple of weeks it will either be on Comic Uno or Comic Frontline.

transcendence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Women :)

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like pretty much everyone but Laurel.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9 the_stegman  Moderator

It varies. Sometimes I like some of them, then they getting annoying and pouty, and I dislike them.

Season 1 it was Thea, season two, it was Laurel, now it's Felicity.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

It varies. Sometimes I like some of them, then they getting annoying and pouty, and I dislike them.

Took the words from my mouth. Season 1 Thea drove me up the wall, Laruel did the same Season 2 and she's still doing it to me...only now her AND Felicity make me cringe.

The only one who never really bothered me was Sara, and I like that Thea is finally standing up for herself and a bit of a badass. Only problem with Thea now is the constant "Speedy" references Ollie makes is pretty heavy foreshadowing to her joining the team, but the Arrow team is congested as-is especially if Roy comes into the fold.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister said:

@manwhohaseverything:

When did Marvel first get into this? I thought it was just in the last 10-15 years? I mean as a regular thing? I know Miles Morales is from an alternate world.

Alternative dimensions are a huge part of Marvel.

There is an alternative version of nearly every X-Men from age of Apocalypse that started in the 90's. Nate, Stryfe and Rachel are alternate dimension characters.

Just go to a character wiki for any major Marvel character and there will be multiple alternate dimension variations.

lsiberian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of them are too weak for my tastes. Give me the Huntress or Amanda Waller any day of the week over crying Laurel. Seriously she's annoying. Thea shouldn't need Arsenal and her father to come save her either.

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leave it to the CW to have insanely hot actors everywhere they can just because they can and that's how they do things but hey makes the show that much better PROPS

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#14  Edited By dngn4774

@the_stegman said:

Took the words from my mouth. Season 1 Thea drove me up the wall, Laruel did the same Season 2 and she's still doing it to me...only now her AND Felicity make me cringe.

The only one who never really bothered me was Sara, and I like that Thea is finally standing up for herself and a bit of a badass. Only problem with Thea now is the constant "Speedy" references Ollie makes is pretty heavy foreshadowing to her joining the team, but the Arrow team is congested as-is especially if Roy comes into the fold.

I feel like the main female characters have 2 issues. First, with the exception of Thea they've all banged Ollie, which isn't great, considering none have a truly platonic friendship with him. It's hard for them to be their own characters if they identities are overshadowed by an immediate extension of Ollie's character (sister or love interest).

Second, the writers do a terrible job of expressing conflict with the female leads. They keep on using hysterical nagging to express betrayal and aggression. One of the reasons that the female villains are more interesting is that their default response to outrage isn't to whine, it's to get even.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@dngn4774: I agree with everything you just said.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: @dngn4774: Agreed as well. Except I don't remember Felicity doing the horizontal happy dance with Ollie, did she ever actually sleep with him?

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Felicity would've been 10x stronger if they hadn't shipped her with Ollie.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dngn4774

@granitesoldier: Not necessarily, but the romance was implied. That's why I changed ex-lovers in parenthesis to love interests. Friends don't date friends then go back to the same friendship (i.e. sexual tension matters, even when the deal is kept unsealed).

Edit: It's kind of why I'm nervous for Caitlin Snow's character on Flash. The Flash/Cisco/Caitlin dynamic is really best when it's fully platonic.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: Yeah I really don't want a relationship between Barry and Caitlin. CW loves their romance nonsense though.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

The Women of Shield are better, IMO.

May, Mockingbird, Skye, Simmons>>>>Felicity, Laurel, Thea.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: Yeah I really don't want a relationship between Barry and Caitlin. CW loves their romance nonsense though.

They also happen to love making their main love interests (Iris and Laurel) unbearably dull.

The Women of Shield are better, IMO.

May, Mockingbird, Skye, Simmons>>>>Felicity, Laurel, Thea.

I'd be on board if I could actually sit through the first season, but god the writers made that difficult.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 the_stegman  Moderator

@dngn4774: I think Ollie has literally had romantic interest with every non villainous woman on the show. (Other than relatives, of course).

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: +Huntress. Diggle's wife is the only exception.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

They're all hot... Nyssa and Shado are probably the best imo. I actually found Sara to be the most annoying,more so than Laurel and Thea, the annoyingness(if that's a word) of the latter 2 was expected as it's a CW show and neither character was part of the central plot,so those 2 never knew the full story but we the fans did.

Sara was just bleh,badly acted, made stupid choices all the way for no reason,inconsistent as a character again for no reason, her only appeal was that she was trained fighter,but even there she completely failed to live up to the hype,she got one shotted by anyone who could actually throw a goddamn punch.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

@matthewparker: I personally feel that the women of Arrow have been more fleshed out than the woman of Shield. Excluding Skye because she has been fleshed out a lot this season.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#27  Edited By MatthewParker

@haydenclaireheroes said:

@matthewparker: I personally feel that the women of Arrow have been more fleshed out than the woman of Shield. Excluding Skye because she has been fleshed out a lot this season.

That doesn't make them better. Honestly the best female Arrow characters are the ones that had less screen time, Shado, Sara, Tatsu, etc.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Felicity

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BlackWind

@lsiberian: Thea has not been in a real fight for her life yet. So it makes sense she needed help. Malcolm already told her that assassins aren't going to talk, they're going to kill. She has good training, but no real experience. That's why she needed help.

Arinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30  Edited By Arinya

I don't like most of them except for Felicity and Diggle's wife. I hate the women characters the most. Oliver's mom was a horrible person and Laurel too. Why do they need to keep things like the fact that Sara is dead from her dad? I had to stop watching when she called her dad pretending to be Sara. Sick, sick, sick...need to fire the writers of the show. Rarely do these characters act like actual people in the real world.