• 67 results
#1 Posted by Mar-Vell92 (596 posts) - - Show Bio

''Are you Thor god of jobbers?''

Someone needs to tell Marvel editorial and Writers that you don't have to nerf heroes, forget their past feats, and turn them into complete pushovers in order to teach them humility.

I don't like how Jason Aaron turned Thor into a whiny moron obsessed with the loss of Mjolnir.

This is not the real Thor to me. This is a clone created by Odin in order to test the abilities of possible allies and foes in a future battle against the Death god Walker or Surtur. He's a Thorosi.

He also made him weaker than She-Hulk and afraid of dying frozen when he previously was able to fly through space bare chested. Odin and Thor are incapable to defeat Mangog together but Jane Thor did It. Odin being a abusive jerkass to Thor. Thor being uncomfortable around She-Hulk when he spent all' of his life surrounded by badass action girls like Lady Sif, Valkerye and Brunhilde. Mjolnir being destroyed in the sun despite all' the times it went through the sun with no damage.

#2 Posted by BruceRogers (17182 posts) - - Show Bio

Teaching him humility, nothing - Aaron simply sucks and can't write a coherent story to save his life anymore.

I don't agree he is a complete jobber, but he could definitely benefit from another, better writer.

#3 Posted by phisigmatau (1560 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by adamTRMM (8996 posts) - - Show Bio

And to think how everyone in here was worshiping Aaron when God of Thunder was an ongoing. And only X-heads already knew what kind of defection can come from him. I must admit, part of me is happy that everyone saw the light. It felt unfair that Thor gets GoT while we got Schism, and Wolverine and the X-men pieces of shit. But now that everyone has suffered enough, getting rid of him could be a nice start to rehabilitate Marvel Comics.

#5 Posted by jayc1324 (26421 posts) - - Show Bio

It has been like this since 2014. Jason Aaron just forgot how to write Thor for some reason. He is too busy pushing his agenda

#6 Posted by phisigmatau (1560 posts) - - Show Bio

GOT, the first two runs were incredible so I give him credit for that... then everything changed

#7 Posted by Morpheus_ (34340 posts) - - Show Bio

This is especially ironic. Every word Thor utters to motivate Captain Britain applies to him now.

No Caption Provided

#8 Posted by Green_Tea (10415 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor reminds Aaron of some guy who used to give him grief way back when he was younger, this is his way of revenge.

#9 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (15995 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing this video was painful :(

#10 Posted by phillip33 (3932 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_tea: I’m telling you Aaron is jealous of the studdly, good looking. badass, womanizer that Thor has always been because he’s a fat ugly beta male.

#11 Posted by Supermanthor (16394 posts) - - Show Bio

He will back

#12 Posted by Stormdriven (17720 posts) - - Show Bio

#NotMyThor

#13 Posted by LawCol (710 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor reminds Aaron of some guy who used to give him grief way back when he was younger, this is his way of revenge.

:D

#14 Posted by Heatforce (5912 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh the video was ironic. Took me a minute lol. Well, now that Bendis has his clutches on Supes I sorta feel your pain, fans of Thor. Bendis hasn't nerfed Superman iirc so yeah, you guys do have it worse. My condolences.

#15 Posted by Trixie (998 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Edited by kgb725 (18398 posts) - - Show Bio

She-Hulk's power is fluctuating and shes gotten stronger than she used to be. Odin has beaten up Thor plenty of times and was definitely not the best husband either.

Thor was the most powerful God to ever exist and gave up all of his power just to have his hammer again and even BRB struggled without Stormbreaker.

#17 Edited by Mar-Vell92 (596 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm: i don't think that was unfair since nobody gave a crap about Thor while the X-MEN were beloved by the world. It's how i feel about the space heroes being treated as the redheaded stepchildren of Marvel.

#18 Posted by RukelnikovFTW (6131 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:

She-Hulk's power is fluctuating and shes gotten stronger than she used to be. Odin has beaten up Thor plenty of times and was definitely not the best husband either.

Thor was the most powerful God to ever exist and gave up all of his power just to have his hammer again and even BRB struggled without Stormbreaker.

When was this?

#19 Edited by BruceRogers (17182 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce said:

Oh the video was ironic. Took me a minute lol. Well, now that Bendis has his clutches on Supes I sorta feel your pain, fans of Thor. Bendis hasn't nerfed Superman iirc so yeah, you guys do have it worse. My condolences.

That's...not quite true. For instance, Superman under his pen struggles to maintain super speed while operating in the seconds range. Yep, not micro or even milliseconds, but mere seconds. By his own admission, he couldn't destroy a weapon that survived at the Earth's core. I might be missing more, but these come to mind for now.

Granted, it's not quite as bad as Aaron and Thor, but it still makes him look less powerful than he once was.

#20 Posted by Heatforce (5912 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers: oh right. Thanks for the correction and making me slightly more sad ;-)

#21 Posted by BruceRogers (17182 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce: Heh, it's cool. But I wouldn't worry about it because a few inept writers don't get to define the entire character.

#22 Posted by StormShadow_X (16368 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers: In the defense of Bendis, He's been needed since rebirth started

#23 Posted by APEX_pretador (19693 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by BruceRogers (17182 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by adamTRMM (8996 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman struggled in Earth's the core under Hitch too.

@mar-vell92:

JMS' Thor got plenty of attention and love so I wouldn't say that. Shit, IIRC, it even sold better.

Actually, that were the times that had both X-men and Marvelspace at its prime. From Annihilation until Thanos Imperative, to X-force until Second Coming - most of the Decimation era basically, that's when Marvel reigned supreme... That Nova solo tho? It was awesome too. And then... Then lots of shite started to happen.

#26 Posted by Mar-Vell92 (596 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm: Oh absolutely. I'll never forgive Bendis and Loeb for what they did to Nova and the GOTG. And i'm one of the few people Who thinks the recent Thanos OGNs by Jim Starlin were needed, because too many writers and editors have been messing Thanos up since 2012.

#27 Posted by Mar-Vell92 (596 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't bought a Thor comic since Aaron gave Mjolnir to Jane, so I'm not here to comment on any specific narrative or story, but the last time I did was Aaron's run on Thor, and while it was entertaining in parts I just noticed that he (and Marvel writers in general) wants to tell a human story using mythological/magical/superhuman characters. Whereas other writers take on Thor (or any other powerful character with a sci-fi or fantasy background) seeking to write a story about Asgardian characters walking among men and dealing with uber powerful villains. It's one thing to inject human or humanistic elements in a fantasy adventure story, it's another to treat said characters as basically regular people who happen to have powers. It's how I feel about MCU Thor as well. He doesn't seem like a mystical , godly knight with crazy powers and poetic dialect, but rather a goofy dudebro who happens to be a powerful alien*. I think Aaron mostly built his run off of Matt Fraction's previous work. Fraction sort of turned Thor and Odin into brutish and thuggish boors with deep issues, whereas JMS' Thor was a modernized take on classical Thor. Similar proper speech pattern (not quite Shakespearean though), quite powerful and examining the meaning of Asgardian godhood among humans. Only issue I had was bringing Asgard to Oklahoma at the time, though we'll never know how JMS would have concluded his run and where he would've taken Thor afterward. Everything after 2007 has made me really appreciate Dan Jurgens' quite good run on Thor from 1998-2004 that often gets overlooked. Just, ugh, just skip the part with the clone of Thanos.

* It's also how i feel about Aaron's Thanos Rising story.

#28 Edited by biswaboxz (3642 posts) - - Show Bio

@mar-vell92: Idk. Some fans still think that MCU hasn't influenced Marvel Comics. Especially Thor and Marvel Cosmic Comics. This Marvel video evidently shows the indirectly shows the influence of MCU.

Loading Video...

#29 Posted by Mar-Vell92 (596 posts) - - Show Bio

@biswaboxz: The MCU hasn't influenced the comics!? Compare the way Star-Lord is written under Keith Giffen and Dan Abnett to the way he's written under Bendis.

You have also 616 Shuri suddenly looking exactly like the MCU version.

#30 Posted by biswaboxz (3642 posts) - - Show Bio

@mar-vell92: That's not my opinion. I totally agree with u on this but other fans do think that MCU has no hand on this.

#31 Posted by thor321 (1728 posts) - - Show Bio

* It's also how i feel about Aaron's Thanos Rising story.

wow Thanos Rising was soooo bad that I almost puked.

#32 Edited by adamTRMM (8996 posts) - - Show Bio

When MCU turned Xmen into MC punching back that's when I started to realize how bad its influence is. Then synergy only got stronger with Guardians and Inhumans and then trubmlr crowd ass kissing took place, all that slowly killed the Marvel comics.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#33 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15412 posts) - - Show Bio

😂😂😂 God of jobbers

#34 Posted by RukelnikovFTW (6131 posts) - - Show Bio

The best course of action is... don't buy his comics...

#35 Posted by phillip33 (3932 posts) - - Show Bio

I just don’t get what Aaron’s problem is. The first issue of Conan was great! Why can he not channel that kind of writing to Thor? The only real reason I see is that he still foster resentment for his Jane thor not being accepted by the general comics community

#36 Posted by kgb725 (18398 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Edited by Mar-Vell92 (596 posts) - - Show Bio

@phillip33: Perhaps. Egos are big in comics these days.

I really like the old Conan comics by Marvel. Roy Thomas and John Buscema FTW!

#38 Edited by biswaboxz (3642 posts) - - Show Bio

@phillip33 said:

I just don’t get what Aaron’s problem is. The first issue of Conan was great! Why can he not channel that kind of writing to Thor? The only real reason I see is that he still foster resentment for his Jane thor not being accepted by the general comics community.

I feel like it's more of a Marvel Editorial problem( or MCU) rather than Aaron. I have read the first issue of Conan. It was surprisingly great and the art was also good. I have never read Conan b4 tbh. Btw I think the sales were still rising during Jane Thor's run and I think it happened mostly due to Dauterman's art.

#39 Posted by Mar-Vell92 (596 posts) - - Show Bio

@biswaboxz: you should really take a look at the classic Thomas/Buscema Conan stories. Old School pulpy/ D&D fun.

#40 Posted by biswaboxz (3642 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by arthurkerr (2180 posts) - - Show Bio

@phisigmatau: Yes I miss the old Thor, the hero Thor and no pc stunt Thor. I mean you can make Loki a hero he is a great anti hero after all. I mean he is a god they live forever so the motives of Loki are easy to cope with. To say he has performance issues is insane.

#42 Posted by Mar-Vell92 (596 posts) - - Show Bio

@biswaboxz: i'm afraid with War of the Realms they are going to retcon the Asgardians from actual gods to sufficently advanced aliens.

#43 Posted by Aqualion0 (1469 posts) - - Show Bio

F.

#44 Posted by Nucleon (2870 posts) - - Show Bio

Best thread title in a while.

#45 Posted by Helloman (28550 posts) - - Show Bio

This is also bad.

#46 Posted by phisigmatau (1560 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by Mar-Vell92 (596 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for diarrhearegatta
#48 Posted by DiarrheaRegatta (4417 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, it sucks to see how far Arron has fallen. Started off really strong with his God Butcher arc, and now he's turned Thor into a shadow of his former self.

Case and point- him jobbing to Sentry and Hulk, both who right now are doing great in terms of power levels. The fact that Thor gets jack all in comparison is simply embarrassing.

#49 Posted by phisigmatau (1560 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, it sucks to see how far Arron has fallen. Started off really strong with his God Butcher arc, and now he's turned Thor into a shadow of his former self.

Case and point- him jobbing to Sentry and Hulk, both who right now are doing great in terms of power levels. The fact that Thor gets jack all in comparison is simply embarrassing.

yupppp

#50 Posted by Mar-Vell92 (596 posts) - - Show Bio

We are going full character assassination on Odin in issue 10.

Loading Video...