The Tone of the MCU

ImMadNice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Am I the only one getting tired of the tone of these movies? Infinity War was a perfect blend for my taste. Endgame was supposed to be so dark and gritty, was 100x lighter than Infinity War. I love the MCU, love Marvel, have loved each installment but I’m starting to get annoyed with the amount of humor rather than action, storytelling, and grit.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I agree.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

It'd be nice if the MCU followed the lead of Infinity War or Winter Soldier but unfortunately content like that's not seen as family friendly and would alienate part of their audience. Considering their main motivation is profit, you can see why it's unlikely for anything to change, especially given how profitable their current course has shown to be.

JayHay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And that tone is? Oh I know!! A character laughed.

hyperfinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People sure like too much exaggerating.

ImMadNice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayhay: rewatch the trailers for endgame. Then rewatch the movie. Thor’s character is a perfect example. Dragged on wayyyyy too long. Still love all these movies. Saw endgame 5 times, already saw spidey 2 times. Just getting tired of the same tone for every movie

Avatar image for thesmallvillefan12
TheSmallvillefan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I agree. Some variety would be nice.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mike_Fowler  Online

100x lighter than infinity War? Yeah I’m thinking that’s a big exaggeration

ImMadNice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike_fowler: I can think of one 90% there for humor scene in Infinity War - when Thor meets the Guardians. Endgame had a bunch. Plenty of jokes and light moments in the epic final battle in endgame - I Am Steve Rogers really the only one in Infinity War final battle

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mike_Fowler  Online

@immadnice: There’s a lot more than that in Infinity War, especially throughout the movie. Another one you forgot is Thor and Steve comparing beards (right before he meets Groot), Rocket pestering Bucky about his arm, Banner tripping up when he’s running in the hulkbuster, and that’s just a couple for the Wakanda battle, not even mentioning the battle on Titan

Seriously, the only time there were actual jokes and humour in Endgame was mainly for Act 2. Act 1 is played almost entirely straight, jokes and lighthearted moments coming from Scott, Tony, and his daughter. Ignoring that? The beginning has Clint finding his family dusted, Tony returning to Earth almost dead, the entire scene where they confront Thanos, the aftermath of the snap and the avengers trying to manage it, and Clint essentially going on a warpath of hunting various gangs/clans in an effort to cope with his depression. And what do you mean plenty of jokes and light hearted moments? The only ones I can think of is 3, mainly involving both Peters (Parker when he’s trying to hold onto the gauntlet, and I suppose when Tony hugs him, Quill when he meets 2014 Gamora). I think you’re grossly overstating the amount of jokes and humour in Endgame (in particular it’s final battle). If it was Age of Ultron? Then that’d be completely understandable

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Talking about it over and over is just as bad.