The strength classification system used in Marvel Comics

Avatar image for deactivated-5dc80e5fe9494
deactivated-5dc80e5fe9494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

anyone else think that marvel comics need to update their classification system for their characters strength etc needs to be updated?

E.G. Thor class 100, seems a little lacking in clarity.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Fallschirmjager

they should do it away with it period. characters - especially heroes shouldn't have a number assigned to their powers. as fun as it can be to quantify feats on the battle forums at times, putting limits or real world quantification on a fictional character is, sort of dumb.

Heroes in particular often need to rise above their own limits to save the day. I don't want them classified in a certain way that places them in tier with various requirements and restrictions.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

they should do it away with it period. characters - especially heroes shouldn't have a number assigned to their powers. as fun as it can be to quantify feats on the battle forums at times, putting limits or real world quantification on a fictional character is, sort of dumb.

Heroes in particular often need to rise above their own limits to save the day. I don't want them classified in a certain way that places them in tier with various requirements and restrictions.

I agree with this. Personally I think strength and durability should be toned back a bit, as things like "planet busting punches" or "planet busting durability" are boring and writers get inconsistent the higher the power they give a character. Not because the writers are bad, but because they don't fully grasp the concept of what it is they are having a character do. I think it should be toned back. I'm ok with city/mountain breaking, but planetary power should be reserved for certain characters and certain abilities. Don't get me going on "universe breakers".

That's just me though, I think powers should be toned back a bit for higher-end characters.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Yeah, they should just get rid of it all together. But it's too late now.